• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagernaut

I have collected 11 Naga today after using 2 stones and ranking up once. I need 3 more skillups to max my Echidna. I'm going to be mad if I don't get any skillups from this.

linsivvi

I just checked and I see the next tech dungeon now. I do have a way of backing up my account, so maybe I'll wait till next godfest and see what I get. This game is really addictive though, geez.

Don't worry about the normal dungeons for now, progressing down that path won't immediately help you.

Personally I'd rather use the water starter dragon as leader instead of Apollo, as good light subs are hard to come by and it's the hardest color to level up. You have the foundation for a good mono-red team, so that's another alternative. Also, if you can clear it, keep running Scarlet Snake Princess the rest of the day until you get a Naga.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What are some tips for these Mythic Stone dungeons? Looking at PDX, they don't look TERRIBLE, but I really don't want to go in and have to eat stamina because I was ill-prepared.

razterik

Hahaha. They are deceptively tough, especially when you get a row of 5 single turn little lits hitting you for 4k each.

I ran decently leveled (all at least 50+) mono teams with short cooldowns. If you take the opposite element team, you can blow away most of the little enemies with small combos. The metal/jewel dragons are your best friend for the first two rounds, stall on them to get skills up. Floor 3 is a real test to see if you will make it through. If you don't have high HP and RCV, you will have to down at least one of the carbuncles before they start beating on you. Aim for whichever is weaker against your team. If you see a mythlit anywhere, aim for him first as he will bind your whole team. Keepers aren't too hard, but beware heading into them low on HP since they have a preemptive strike. Stall here with the long timer to get your skills all ready for the boss, then knock off the keeper in 3 turns before he gets below 25% because he will switch to a really powerful attack. The boss dragons all have preemptive armor, so delay will not work on them. For the first 3 dragons you can just unload on them with big orb changes and a Norse color boost. Two turns of that should plenty to take them out, although if you have a weaker team, you might first want to take them down close to 50%, but not below or you lose your color advantage. The last two bosses might be a little more difficult since it is harder to field similar mono teams in light/dark. I actually ran them with blue and green respectively, but that makes you susceptible to a color bind when the boss goes below 50%. In general be careful on each floor, watch your HP thresholds and keep your RCV options available as much as possible.

Alternatively, you can probably burst them all running Chinese or Horus, but I felt like running something a little different.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks - I'll check into some of my mono team options. I have a pretty pimp mono blue. I also have my Astaroth team (that will now pair wonderfully with friends running Hera-Ur). That gives a unique 2/3/2 setup with some pretty decent stats.

But wow - full bind from the rainbow sperm, huh? I wasn't sure what that meant on PDX, but that's ROUGH.

Pacman2k

What are some tips for these Mythic Stone dungeons? Looking at PDX, they don't look TERRIBLE, but I really don't want to go in and have to eat stamina because I was ill-prepared.

Rolled in to the first one blind, zero research, with a Lucifer team. Went fine.

Brought poison just in case but don't think I used it. Gravity was a nice speed boost though. (Hades and Hera-Is on the team)

razterik

But wow - full bind from the rainbow sperm, huh? I wasn't sure what that meant on PDX, but that's ROUGH.

Well, with rainbow teams, I think he will bind a different color each turn. Pretty troublesome either way when other enemies are hitting you for decent damage. I don't commonly run 4x HP teams, but that might be a better option for you. The bosses can hit for a pretty decent amount of damage, so manage hearts and beware leader binds.

linsivvi

Yeah the mythlits are just like every other one in technical dungeons. They bind a color at a time. The difference is they have decent hp in the stone caves.

Rolled in to the first one blind, zero research, with a Lucifer team. Went fine.

Brought poison just in case but don't think I used it. Gravity was a nice speed boost though. (Hades and Hera-Is on the team)
Lucifer steamrolls all five of them, no problem. It just takes freaking FOREVER.

Honestly, I only vaguely remember how they work. I don't think I have been hit by a mythlit bind in the last 6 months.
Mythlits can bind any color, so if you're running a mono-team, it can get you good.

Can we expect an event this weekend? I'm wondering how many Ancient Fire dragons I should farm/save, and if the event overlaps with the dungeon then I don't have to worry about it.

I would have five nagas of I didn't keep fucking dying. Ugh wasted 60 stamina and won once and no naga that round. Lost 4 times with two nagas dropped at the last round and I can't fucking beat them. Shitty orbs, shitty everything. Fuck this game sometimes. Now to wait five hours so I can play again. I got two nagas out of it. Probably would have six if I didn't die so much.

razterik

It's quite possible to put in 5 monsters and get no skill ups in return. I've done it a lot!

And Rainbow Keeper is way higher than 80% on 2x. I've only once in passing heard of someone not getting the drop on those days.

Yaari

http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=2215...2&subbsn=3

Saw this on a Chinese forum, a famous ***non-IAP*** player managed to hit rank 466 in 466 days, with over 2500 +eggs.

[Image: 48711b5e9ef666c083c815e9b6008ed6.PNG]

[Image: 5c67deaa7739e08c3e6435d482c12cd3.PNG]

There are a few interesting tips from him:

1) He rarely spend stamina on Pendras or any color metal dragons. Other than keepers of rainbow he rarely ever hit any of the material stages either, he gets his materials from experience farming

2) He plays just final stage of tier 5 dungeons, on weekdays depend on which dungeon gets the +1.5x he plays the final stage of Hyperion Lava Flow, Oceanus Falls, Kronos Forest, Rhea-Themis Temple and Clayus Poison, on weekends it is always farming Sea God of Heaven in Ocean of Heaven

3) If he clears a stage three times without a +egg he always wait and come back a hour or so later, he said +egg like anything else in this game is not random. Some time windows are simply better than others.

4) He doesn't use king dragons until monsters are 70+, in fact he relies mostly on feeding regular monsters. His rule of thumb is gold spend can not be more than experience gained. So if his main monster is level 60 he will only feed it 6000 exp monsters, if it is level 30 he will feed goblins/knights etc as-is.

5) After rank 367 he starts to farm King of the Gods with Goemon team but said it was only for exp, as far as +eggs are concerned Sea God of Heaven is still king

6) He does 0-2 pulls on most god-up's, you can see from image most of his +297's are farmed monsters.
From: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=17840

Some valuable tips. I started running Tier 5 on 1.5% and I must say, plenty of egg drops. Pretty much 1 every 2 runs. So I can see why he would advice to wait an hour if you don't get any in 3 runs. Quite an accomplishment, 466 without IAP. I think I'll only run 1.5% dungeons from now on.

Some valuable tips. I started running Tier 5 on 1.5% and I must say, plenty of egg drops. Pretty much 1 every 2 runs. So I can see why he would advice to wait an hour if you don't get any in 3 runs. Quite an accomplishment, 466 without IAP. I think I'll only run 1.5% dungeons from now on.
This was exactly what I did to get all the +eggs I have, though I spent a stone on stamina every once in a while. It seems to me that that 6th tier dungeons are about the same +egg/stamina, but they're harder and don't have kings (they have king golds but they're super rare). I'm still trying to decide if I want to continue doing this or work on my ancient dragons. The more I think about it, the more I think the +eggs will be more worthwhile.

linsivvi

Yeah, I heared it was 80% but i dont believe it. I NEVER missed a Rainbow Keeper drop on 2x. And I farmed around 50 of them...

Me neither. Either the 40% chance is wrong or Gungho is just using x2 for convenience's sake but actually bumped it to something like 99.9%.

razterik

Between the last dungeons of Tier 5 and Tier 6, 6 has three boss rounds compared to two on 5. While the + egg rate may be higher on Tier 6, the rate difference is certainly lower than when comparing 7 chances per run versus 8 chances. The stamina difference is not negligible either, at 6 runs of Tier 5 for every 5 runs of Tier 6. These both add up quickly over time.

J0dy77

This has been my strategy for a while now with the exception of how he feeds his metal dragons. I've never had problems with maintaining gold so I just feed away. I also veer from this strategy to just have fun some times, see if I can complete content with different teams. Try to keep it fresh. I only run Sea God during the weekend depending on what event is going on. If I've completed the content I run ocean of heaven or starlight. I rarely ever spend stones to refresh stamina but might start to do this a bit more. I'm currently at 118 stamina and the benefit of running OoH an extra 8 times is really nice, would level really quickly.

He makes a good point about the plus egg farming, might have to pace myself if I don't get + egg drops.

What was the update this morning?

I was wondering myself. I checked the Evo for the skydragons and they're not working yet so not sure if they need to be turned on or if it was something else.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
no one running Hera-Ur? I finally got her evo'd and its quite....lonely here.

She runs pretty good complimented with a Hera-Is lead, but need more Urs

I plan to run her eventually. I just need Thursday to roll around so I can evo all my Pengdra.

Anyone else ever get crazy pissed when they make a stupid mistake and waste a lot of stamina? I was running masks this morning and accidentally forgot to match and kill a mask. I forgot that they hit for 9999 and I was running my Valk team.

Before that, I was running Green Samurai Master with my modified Valk team. I wasn't paying attention to the turn counters and only made one match. All 4 monsters had a 1 turn CD. I could have swept the board with a normal combo match, but I didn't. I have stones, so I could refill stam and start fresh for the day...But man. I hit a MAJOR bummer wall after that.

Anyone else ever get crazy pissed when they make a stupid mistake and waste a lot of stamina? I was running masks this morning and accidentally forgot to match and kill a mask. I forgot that they hit for 9999 and I was running my Valk team.

Before that, I was running Green Samurai Master with my modified Valk team. I wasn't paying attention to the turn counters and only made one match. All 4 monsters had a 1 turn CD. I could have swept the board with a normal combo match, but I didn't. I have stones, so I could refill stam and start fresh for the day...But man. I hit a MAJOR bummer wall after that.

Dude I have the same issues with my Valk Team, It's part of the reason why I want my Devil team up and running (way more HP). I still run my mono-red Shiva/Ares team for Masks, they just hit too hard to run the risk of an accidental undermatch. Dublits I can run Valk team, because their Defense is not as high and they don't hit as hard.

J0dy77

Cleared wood samurai dragon legend. Here was the team I used:

4I6HB1kl.jpg

Definitely needed the delay from Echidna to burn through the dragon. Otherwise it's really easy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Dude I have the same issues with my Valk Team, It's part of the reason why I want my Devil team up and running (way more HP). I still run my mono-red Shiva/Ares team for Masks, they just hit too hard to run the risk of an accidental undermatch. Dublits I can run Valk team, because their Defense is not as high and they don't hit as hard.

I think this is one reason why I want to screw around with my Ur team. Valk is great for Ocean of Heaven farming...I guess if I dumped an ass load of +eggs onto my healer team, it'd be fine. But the low HP is just ridiculous.

E: Top of page question! When are we getting a new OT?

I think this is one reason why I want to screw around with my Ur team. Valk is great for Ocean of Heaven farming...I guess if I dumped an ass load of +eggs onto my healer team, it'd be fine. But the low HP is just ridiculous.

E: Top of page question! When are we getting a new OT?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kreed

Ooooo, Cosmo's tempting us.

What team's are people using for the Stone Dragons? What are the drop rates? The preemptive shield makes burst teams difficult. Wondering if I should just go resist.

Drop rates for each of the dragons is 40%. I ran all five with a dark team with either D'spinas or Persephone in the lead, 3 gravity users, Siren or Rainbow Keeper for protection and a friend Lucifer. Before round 3, I try to stall for all 3 Hera's and Lucifer's skills to activate (if a metal/jewel dragon shows up this is easy, otherwise you'll have to use Pengdras). If a Mythlit shows up, I kill it immediately before it binds my team. Round 3, I let loose all 3 Gravities and use Lucifer on the Carbuncle that is on the shortest timer (if both are attacking after your move, let them hit you and use Gravities/Lucifer next turn). The Carbuncle that is still alive will heal some of it's HP, but that gives you more time to stall.

Then I stall again before Round 6 (you don't have to be fully charged by the time you get to Round 6, but you should be charged for Round 7). Round 6 isn't that dangerous other than when the Keeper gets below 25% and starts doing it's Big Lance. Depending on the dungeon, I may go ahead and use one Gravity here to speed things up.

Round 7, it depends on which Stone Dragon I'm against in regards to how I use my Gravities (the first one has way less HP than the last one), but generally I use 2 gravities to start with so that I drop the Dragon's HP down somewhat but I don't knock him into his different element/past 50% HP and he starts using his stronger moves (you may only need to use one gravity for the first and second dragon, so you could use two gravities against the Keeper in round 6, but you definitely need 2 gravities for the last three). Then I stall until the gravities I used reactivate, then I use the three Gravities and Lucifer to finish the Dragon off.

Skydragon busties being added on Friday along with Skydragon Rush

Once again Legendary difficulty is the big deal since the bosses there drop pre-evolved, but if you remember me complaining about it a month ago each of them uses a pre-emptive attack and there are no heart orbs. No Lucifer for you

J. Bravo

So I havent' been playing much. Just logging in and collecting the daily bonus. But should I even be doing the story dungeons? Are there certain story dungeons I should farm? I haven't really encountered any problems, and it's just really tedious.

Skydragon busties being added on Friday along with Skydragon Rush

Once again Legendary difficulty is the big deal since the bosses there drop pre-evolved, but if you remember me complaining about it a month ago each of them uses a pre-emptive attack and there are no heart orbs. No Lucifer for you
I wonder if a Zeus-Dios team might be good for this. Pre-emptive for instant activation, and then have a heart changer or two in there every once in a while.

StMeph

Give me Hades or give Awoken Hera some busty options similar to Hades. I want a D/D Hera or a D/L Hera.

The only thing separating Hera from Hades is the potential for the sub-element though. Otherwise it's a tiny 300 HP vs 150 RCV stat difference.

Cosmo's holding out on OT2 is going to crash GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom