• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCobalt

Does anyone have a shiva leader to friend :O

Expert masks destroyed my 8k team ( before i read some stuff here). I thought i had a decent chance but nope. Disappointing. I don't have an ogre or any lits.

i switched lilith to my leader in case people want to use that.

Do you need something specific from that dungeon? If not, there's no point in wasting stamina.

The way I cleared it early on was to have an ogre as leader (they're everywhere so it's not hard to get one) and someone with poison as a helper. Rest of my team was a healer and a few monsters that had an ability to deal damage. Charged up my skills on the first floor, targeted enemies with the same turn count, used all my abilities except for poison on the 4th floor then poisoned the 5th

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I live in Canada right now and I have an American account. I created when I was there with a gift card balance, the balance still exists.

I downloaded the game last night, obviously from my American account. I wasn't aware that it isn't released in the Canadian App Store.

Why don't you guys just create an American account, download and play the game and when you have a chance you can add funds or whatever.

See, the problem isn't creating a US account (did that a long long time ago with no problem, how else would I be playing atm ;) ), the problem is that I have no plans to be in the US anytime soon so I have no access to US iTunes gift cards, and Apple doesn't let anyone without a US credit card but US gift cards online either, not even from resellers... Thank God there's friendly gaffers offering help :)

Owzers

Do you need something specific from that dungeon? If not, there's no point in wasting stamina.

The way I cleared it early on was to have an ogre as leader (they're everywhere so it's not hard to get one) and someone with poison as a helper. Rest of my team was a healer and a few monsters that had an ability to deal damage. Charged up my skills on the first floor, targeted enemies with the same turn count, used all my abilities except for poison on the 4th floor then poisoned the 5th

I need the masks to evolve my mandrake :(

ToxicAdam

Shiva is a Flame God, so no.

I used to have 3 Shiva's on my Friends list, but 2 of them must of switched their leaders to something else and I might have deleted them. Shame we can't tag notes on our friends list.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I need more blue hero friends... I have someone with a viper orochi but that's about it... anyone got something interesting?

Mik2121

Sure thing! I'll probably be in bed by then but I'll send you a present in return when I get the chance.

Hey, I already sent you the gift. I see you have been around, if you already got it lemme know and whenever you can send me your gift as well :p

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I found the dungeon just as easy by taking another Lilith friend along (when I ran out of Shiva).

Edit: RUBY Dragons today, woooo. Thanks for the time schedule.

blackflag

I found the dungeon just as easy by taking another Lilith friend along (when I ran out of Shiva).

Does Lilith do a lot of damage to the masks? I beat expert today with my crappy Iphone team. My better team is on my iPad fighting Rainbow Keeper still. I literally knock off 1 pixel per turn. I done goofed not using my Hades. Didn't even think about it.

I have Lilith as well so if she's good for mask levels I'll switch her in.

xelios

Does Lilith do a lot of damage to the masks? I beat expert today with my crappy Iphone team. My better team is on my iPad fighting Rainbow Keeper still. I literally knock off 1 pixel per turn. I done goofed not using my Hades. Didn't even think about it.

I have Lilith as well so if she's good for mask levels I'll switch her in.

Her active skill is poison which takes out an entire group in the first hit. So 2 Lilith charged in the first round means insta death for the last two groups of enemies, or whichever groups you run into trouble with. This is where an extra Lilith or Shiva really become interchangeable, with Lilith even having a shorter charge time.

Owzers

tried it with a mandrake, three turtle shells evo, lilith, and a red titan helper....

failed Xo.

I need more blue hero friends... I have someone with a viper orochi but that's about it... anyone got something interesting?

can you post the orochi person's id so i can take my chances friending him?

Aggrotek

So basically the colored dragons (ruby, metal, gold, ect.) are just XP machines? You don't need them to evolve anything?

xelios

So basically the colored dragons (ruby, metal, gold, ect.) are just XP machines? You don't need them to evolve anything?

The only thing they evolve are colored pengdras which give ~40k experience when fed to a similar colored monster, can't remember the exact amount. It takes two of the small ones and a green dragon tailed thingy to evolve one.

Also why can't I get this stupid rainbow mask to drop?

xCobalt

Hey, I already sent you the gift. I see you have been around, if you already got it lemme know and whenever you can send me your gift as well :p

Yeah I sent it earlier. You might have to close the game and launch it again to have the present go through.

xCobalt

i just want a blue mask. just 1....thats all i ask

I actually got my first mask from the technical dungeons. I remember not being able to beat expert so I decided to just farm tech dungeons. They're pretty rare but I was able to level up a lot of Pengdras in the process so it was pretty useful.

Jinko

I actually got my first mask from the technical dungeons. I remember not being able to beat expert so I decided to just farm tech dungeons. They're pretty rare but I was able to level up a lot of Pengdras in the process so it was pretty useful.

Yea this is what i did for the divine masks.

I noticed that the rainbow masks drop from higher dungeons later on also.

xelios

I need three Mystic Mask (Rainbow) for my other swordsmen to go 5*, but can't even get one to drop. Shitty.

Edit: FINALLY got ONE

I re-rolled, despite the better advice from some of you earlier. I'm glad I backed up my box, because this is seeming like a really dumb idea atm. 40ish rerolls, 0 5-stars :(. So sad.

this game is trolling me hard. need 2 2tier blue masks. done the lower mask dungeon 5 times....only 1 has showed up (it dropped, but still).

i have a shitton of other masks i dont' even need

J0dy77

I re-rolled, despite the better advice from some of you earlier. I'm glad I backed up my box, because this is seeming like a really dumb idea atm. 40ish rerolls, 0 5-stars :(. So sad.

At this stage of my play time I really don't feel like rerolling is necessary. If you're unlucky with the free tutorial mob that doesn't mean you can't get lucky with your next 5 gem pull or the one after that. And if you reroll you can pull a 5 star first and then get subpar guys your next handful of pulls. It's really random. That link of a guy pulling 250 gems into the rare pull sums it up.

Go for it a few times in the beginning and then just dig in. If you've already started playing, just keep playing that game.

mercviper

Question about drops. Everything you see is a potential drop right? If I see an echidna and it drops an egg, that means I get an echidna and not a naga? Or are there special circumstances?

Victrix

*beard*
I wish it was. I only sold one if it makes you feel any better. Still have the light version on my phone.

Ouch :<

For future reference, never, ever sell any rare monster unless you know exactly what you are doing.

There are only a tiny handful of rare creatures that can drop in any of the normal/technical dungeons, everything else comes from special dungeons or rare rolls.

And another reason to keep them, beyond the above (which is plenty!) is that monsters have been upgraded in the jp version over time, and new special dungeons can also make some monsters that were viewed as useless suddenly more valued.

Question about drops. Everything you see is a potential drop right? If I see an echidna and it drops an egg, that means I get an echidna and not a naga? Or are there special circumstances?

correct, although some of the monsters have EXTREMELY low drop rates. if you kill a monster and it turns into an egg....you get said monster

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'm also against re-rolling like crazy. I rerolled until I got one of the "approved" rare drops, and I haven't used that rare drop beyond the second day of playing :p Just get one that is good enough and start playing. It's really not worth 40 re-rolls...

xCobalt

All rare monsters will drop their lowest form. So you would get a naga and not an echidna. The only exception are common mobs which will often drop at their current form at higher level dungeons. You'll run into evolved forms of Ogres, Carbuncles, Goblins, ect.

Also, not everything is capable of dropping. Some bosses will not drop such as evolved forms of mystic knights. This page breaks down all the dungeons and the rare drops. It's poorly translated but it works. It starts with the first dungeon at the top of the page so you can follow along from there.

Mashing

No matter what team you use, orb management is pretty key. If you're sloppy and make random matches, you'll blow orbs, cause a cascade, kill a mask early and advance to the next round before your abilities are charged or you've stored enough orbs.

Depending on team comp, you need to charge all abilities in round one and store enough orbs to make safe matches in the following rounds. With orbs stored even if your abilities aren't up you can nuke down a mask before it triggers and then sit on resolve/odin and your healer to survive a single mask hit while rebuilding orbs or charging abilities.

It's a test of your orb handling by not making matches and saving, which is actually really good training for the harder dungeons - you need to learn to do that for a lot of dungeons anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean. I've heard this mentioned quite often, but storing ops and not making matches? My leader's ability doesn't trigger unless I match (heal on orb matching). Most dungeon I've been to you'll be dead in 3-5 rounds if you do not match something. Is t here a clear cut strategy in orb management (I'm usually trying to make the biggest combo's I can instead of storing, but I can see how skills come more into play the higher you go).

mercviper

correct, although some of the monsters have EXTREMELY low drop rates. if you kill a monster and it turns into an egg....you get said monster

All rare monsters will drop their lowest form. So you would get a naga and not an echidna. The only exception are common mobs which will often drop at their current form at higher level dungeons. You'll run into evolved forms of Ogres, Carbuncles, Goblins, ect.

Thanks guys. Man I wish my amaterasu account had started before the weekend. Being strapped for cash suuuuuuuucks when my ipad account has 400k golds to level up whatever. That one's stuck too because it needs evo mats. Not enough rubylits -_-

ToxicAdam

I don't go for evo materials anymore unless I absolutely need them. I find that collecting them (for future evolves) just takes up too much valuable box space. Then I have to make poor decisions regarding using up Pendgas too early, feeding away a high attack Chimera or burning up stones for temporary box space.

Sometimes it's unavoidable as you can get them through PAL pulls or by lucky drops in dungeons. But just throwing all your stamina into the daily dungeons just because it only comes around once a week seems like a mistake.

The only exception seems to be dragon plants. Need to farm/hoard the hell out of those.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm not sure what you mean. I've heard this mentioned quite often, but storing ops and not making matches? My leader's ability doesn't trigger unless I match (heal on orb matching). Most dungeon I've been to you'll be dead in 3-5 rounds if you do not match something. Is t here a clear cut strategy in orb management (I'm usually trying to make the biggest combo's I can instead of storing, but I can see how skills come more into play the higher you go).

You still need to make matches to power up skills, but you don't necessarily match the orbs for your team. If you're running a mono-dark, avoid matching darks. Instead, move orbs around and store the darks in the bottom corners (2x2) or something similar, so that you don't match them. You save them for the bigger rounds/heavy hitters/clutch moments.

If you have a healer partner/leader, ANY match will trigger the heal. On top of that, again, you're charging your skills. As the dungeons progress, a mono-color team with super high attack strengths won't win. You need to use your skills (resolve, half-damage, slow-time, poison, etc) to win. That's the point of making dummy matches (to charge skills yet avoid progressing the rounds) and storing orbs.

J0dy77

Ouch :<

For future reference, never, ever sell any rare monster unless you know exactly what you are doing.

There are only a tiny handful of rare creatures that can drop in any of the normal/technical dungeons, everything else comes from special dungeons or rare rolls.

And another reason to keep them, beyond the above (which is plenty!) is that monsters have been upgraded in the jp version over time, and new special dungeons can also make some monsters that were viewed as useless suddenly more valued.

Yeah, I've learned the hard way. A tip for new players so they don't make the same mistake I did. Keep all your rares and level everything you can because you never know when a mob or future version of it might fit into your team. If you simply sell off all old mobs you wind up with a ton of coins and no monsters to level your team or bench.

Was there a special dungeon last week that was dropping Mystic knights? Think I got one blue one that I sold, will have to hunt him down again.

(Really wish there was a better english wiki to find this information.)

Jinko

How can you store obs anyway when your team is all one colour, you have to use these orbs otherwise you make no progress.

From my experience even if i save a shit load of orbs down the bottom I will use them up pretty fast as most of my monsters aren't capable of one shoting stuff. (this is for normal dungeons), I assume the trick with masks is you get the last mob down pretty low and start storing from scratch again for the next floor.

I still think Lilith is the way to go, 1 or more is even better.

blackflag

Her active skill is poison which takes out an entire group in the first hit. So 2 Lilith charged in the first round means insta death for the last two groups of enemies, or whichever groups you run into trouble with. This is where an extra Lilith or Shiva really become interchangeable, with Lilith even having a shorter charge time.

Nice, I actually have 2 lilith.

raiot

How can you store obs anyway when your team is all one colour, you have to use these orbs otherwise you make no progress.

From my experience even if i save a shit load of orbs down the bottom I will use them up pretty fast as most of my monsters aren't capable of one shoting stuff. (this is for normal dungeons), I assume the trick with masks is you get the last mob down pretty low and start storing from scratch again for the next floor.

You need 3 x 3 orb matches for a divine mask if you run a mono colored team. Just leave one mask, arrange the orbs to your liking, when the mask hits you, do 2 quick matches at the top and continue storing the rest at the bottom.

ToxicAdam

This is why I always run with a dual color group. I don't want to get in situations where I use up all my orbs on a board to sweep a mob, and then am confronted with 3 devils + a warrior (all the same color) in the next mob.

I try to pick them off one at a time and then on the last monster start saving up the dominant color orbs for the next round, but kill him with the 'off-color'.

So those Leaf Chimeras... Are they good? Any reason to keep them?

They are good if you want to run a zombie team or have a Rider as a leader which gives you 2.5x dmg for 'attack' pets. Outside of that, they are just food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom