• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccbfan

Uh, Mystic Stone Knight turns into Ancient Dragon Knight, who kicks ass. And Ivory Dragon isn't half bad either.

Its more that my party has 0 synergy.

I started with a vampire lord and my starter was red. I've been working toward a dark team though out the whole game. (Have a devil dragon)

Now I get a blue, green, and yellow for my rares.

The Mystic Stone Knight will help with the 2.5 Dragon but its gonna take a long long time to get him to Ancient Dragon Knight.

Same with the Ivory Dragon.

Now I have no idea what to make my team.

Mik2121

I'm about to hit level 20. Is there anyone out there that hasn't shared yet and wants to do it with me? If so, please let me know your ID here. I keep getting a lot of friend requests from people I don't know (and can't even remember seeing their nicknames here) and my friend list is getting too big :(

Anyway, yeah. If level 20 or higher and want to exchange gifts, please reply with your ID! I will add you! (my nickname in the game is the same as here).

Got 6* Amaterasu after backing up my "main" game and rerolling twice. Wish I'd got her from a rare pull on my main account as opposed to the shitty undine I did get (pity you cant "cash in" an account and get back the stones bought on it). The only bad thing about backing up data48.bin is that it seems to wipe favourites, which is a pain if I want to swtich between "saves" when I run out of stamina. Does anyone know if another data file keeps track of the favourites and if so which one? (I wonder is is possible to install the same app twice on android?)

I think Cosmo Clock posted the other file name earlier in the thread, but I don't remember which page. It was past 10 pages though probably

Its more that my party has 0 synergy.

I started with a vampire lord and my starter was red. I've been working toward a dark team though out the whole game. (Have a devil dragon)

Now I get a blue, green, and yellow for my rares.

The Mystic Stone Knight will help with the 2.5 Dragon but its gonna take a long long time to get him to Ancient Dragon Knight.

Same with the Ivory Dragon.

Now I have no idea what to make my team.

that was me until after castle of satan. I was just putting random shit in my group, but I managed to make it all the way. Post castle of satan, it SEEMS like it's going to take even longer to get anything done, but Pengdras unlock and you can start doing your final evolutions of your starter dragons. With Pengdras + the Metal Dragons dungeon you can level shit up really really fast so your power goes up quite expontentially after you finish Castle of Satan

ToxicAdam

Was feeling down about getting beat by the rainbow keeper (even wasted a stone to continue), so i spent my last 5 stones on a rare pull ... and got a green Odin. :eek:

Yes

Uthred

Are the red/blue/green dragons only available from their special dungeons? Running into bottlenecks as Im unable to upgrade my pengdras

Added my secondary account to the spreadsheet: 369342205, Amaterasu Okami

Are the red/blue/green dragons only available from their special dungeons? Running into bottlenecks as Im unable to upgrade my pengdras

Added my secondary account to the spreadsheet: 369342205, Amaterasu Okami

You still get 9000 exp from a maxed pengas of the same color as the base. But I believe the dungeons are best.

Hey is it possible to get a flame mech dragon from just the adept level, or does it have to be expert

Uthred

You still get 9000 exp from a maxed pengas of the same color as the base. But I believe the dungeons are best.

Hey is it possible to get a flame mech dragon from just the adept level, or does it have to be expert

According to the wiki a lvl 2 one should drop on adept

xCobalt

My rare pulls were Amu (which I had no idea was not that good until 6*) and the Marine Rider (which I am dissapointed with. All my gems outside of the first 5 went into getting my boxes to 60.

I have 3 gems right now ... if someday I get 5 I am not sure what I will do.

Honestly, I'd expand the box. Having more room to stock up on materials like pengdras, dragon plants and metal dragons will help you in the long run. I regret spending magic stones on the rare gacha when I didn't need to. Kept thinking "but what if I get ______ from the gacha?" and only to get something useless.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Gah it sucks so much that I'm in Canada and the game isn't out here. I want to spend money on it, but you can't buy iTunes gift cards from
canada (and I don't trust ebay..)

xCobalt

I want! I will add you if you're ok with it, my nick is Mik2121 in-game too. I'm level 19 but I'll be 20 in a couple hours (I'm at work haha).

Sure thing! I'll probably be in bed by then but I'll send you a present in return when I get the chance.

Mik2121

Sure thing! I'll probably be in bed by then but I'll send you a present in return when I get the chance.

Gotcha. I already added you. If you add me, I can send you the gift in a couple hours, and you can send me yours either now or whenever you get to play the next time :)

ccbfan

Well I'm official done with metal dragon dungeons.

Did 4 more (Leveled during one of them)

and got nothing but regular metal dragons. Twice, all my random battles were metal dragons.

When I was doing my healer runs with the 1.5 drops I was getting more coins, exp, high metal dragons. Plus every run I'm guaranteed 10K monster exp from just the random drop. Plus I get a chance at a rare drop. All at half the stamina cost.

J0dy77

Uh, Mystic Stone Knight turns into Ancient Dragon Knight, who kicks ass. And Ivory Dragon isn't half bad either.

Damn wish I knew this before selling my mystic knights. Where is a good place to farm the mystic knights? Only recall seeing them a couple times and not sure where.

Smiley90

Came to say the same thing :(

I WANT to give them my money, but... :( I feel they deserve some money after all the time I've put in. I won't be in the US for a long time to buy gift cards, and online won't let me buy without a US credit card either... (e.g. walmart does e-mail delivery, but they check your credit card adress)... and I really don't trust ebay lol.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Lessons to learn: even during 3x godfest, don't spend any money on this game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZtZ08nE44

Ra is the worst of the Egyptian gods

loool

That makes me sad, seems he had a really bad stroke of luck. It makes me feel so lucky about what I've gotten from it with relatively few BAD rolls vs his. But after watching that vid I vow to never spend money on the slot machine again.

I'll spend money on stones to restore stamina during special events, that's it. I've rolled enough to be happy with, and even with my bad rolls nowhere near 250 stones:

• Amaterasu*
  • Ancient Dragon Knight*
  • Chaos Dragon Knight x2
  • Echidna the Red Empress
  • Demon Viper Orochi
  • Valkyrie
  • Loki
  • Siren
  • Alraune
  • Archangel
  • Vampire Lord
  • Lilith (?)
  • Dual Resist Dragons
  • +random mediocre gods and DINO RIDER!!!

*One of these was my starter, can't remember which.

It's already gotten out of hand/too addicting. I'd feel stupid(er) to spend any more considering that if I farm and evolve without ever playing gacha again I really think I have enough to work with for a long time.

I dont think its rigged, i mean he did get some good stuff after all. Its much easier to just make it actually be random, and youd still see exactly the same occurrence of good/bad streaks

Smiley90

I dont think its rigged, i mean he did get some good stuff after all. Its much easier to just make it actually be random, and youd still see exactly the same occurrence of good/bad streaks

What do you mean WOULD? I'm sure it IS random? And they presumably just tweak the chance-numbers for some of the monsters for these rare-egg events.

On a completely unrelated note, I just realized the game had an actual trailer

Owzers

I got a Dino Rider as my first golden egg too......getting two in a row...ouch. Worst pull has got to be the Earth Golem 3 star.

What do you mean WOULD? I'm sure it IS random? And they presumably just tweak the chance-numbers for some of the monsters for these rare-egg events.

On a completely unrelated note, I just realized the game had an actual trailer

Well the word "rigged" suggests there is an intentional effort to deceive people about the actual odds of getting a particular item. A perfect example of this is the game BattleLand. They have a similar "pay to roll" system, but instead of this monster pull machine it's a wheel, like wheel of fortune. Every item on the wheel has an equal slice of the pie, but I guarantee you they do not land on the different items with equal probability. Furthermore, a vast majority of the time the wheel is timed perfectly so that it starts to slow down right as it approaches what is clearly the best item on the wheel, only to stop mere millimeters after the end of the best item.

This system is clearly "rigged".

Another type of system which I would call rigged is one in which the odds of you successfully rolling a good item depend on how many times you've rolled previously. So basically the events are not independent of each other.

On the other hand, I feel like with this game the system is more fair. Not in the sense that everything has equal probability, but in the sense a) all the rolls are completely independent of each other, and b) there is no effort to mislead anyone about the odds of getting rare items. I think the odds of rolling any particular item are fixed, and during these special events the odds of a select few items are increased relative to the rest of them, so that they still remain low, but are temporarily higher than they were previously.

Anyway, TL;DR - IMO "rigged" implies either dependent events, or an effort to deceive.

Uthred

Pushed forward with levelling to get enough crystals for a rare pull, got a poxy 3 star mystic knight - still, better than that guy in the video

xCobalt

I got a Dino Rider as my first golden egg too......getting two in a row...ouch. Worst pull has got to be the Earth Golem 3 star.

Those rolls aren't too bad. You could create an Attacker team and having duplicates Riders will let you use their ability twice in one turn, potentially transforming the majority of the board into one colour.

It'll take some work to get the golem to its 5* stage but it'll be very useful if you have trouble surviving some dungeons. They can get up to around 5000 hp alone.

Uthred

Whats the difference between flame mechdragon and flame mechdragon - technical?

Edit: Ah its apparently the super tough version of it

xelios

My team for expert mask dungeon -

Titan leader
Dino Rider
Echidna the Red Empress
Lilith
Phoenix Knight
Shiva helper

So very easy with this setup, so long as you charge everything the first round. Also if you have Shiva I'm so f*ing jealous. :(

raiot

My Setup for Masks Dungeon:

Viper Orochi
Sapphilit
Sapphilit
Sapphilit
Sapphilit
Random Siren

@ Xelion: I don't even have a friend with a Shiva :(

xelios

@ Xelion: I don't even have a friend with a Shiva :(

I think I only have one, maybe two, out of almost 100 friends. ~20 of my friends are ADKs so I can rip through special dungeons and stuff, but I seriously need more friends with rare monsters. I accepted much of GAF just because they're GAF, maybe more of them can help me out some day.

My current leader rotation is ADK, 6* Amaterasu, Viper Orochi. I'm mostly using Viper Orochi atm when not running dungeons myself because I figure it will be the most useful for people on the Wednesday dungeon.

Card Boy

Banned
This looks good for us people outside the US that don't have access to Puzzle & Dragons.

Came out today and is free. I hope people flock over to this one since it's worldwide.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/id583008111?mt=8

Wrath of Olympus: Puzzle & Champions

mzl.jdecspzm.320x480-75.jpg

Heres a screenshot i took of one of the cards.

lpiV.png

xelios

So shameless. Already several clones here, but nice that it'll give people with no access something very similar, if not essentially the same. Can't see flocking over to it though, especially with prices being same/slightly higher for gems.

raiot

Just get an US account and download Puzzle and Dragons... I'm from Germany and had to do this too...
Edit: Angel Salvation at least looks polished. Wrath of Olympus on the other hand... I think I could have drawn that better myself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom