• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronok

Just evolved my stone knight into a dragon knight and dropped my 3 king emerald dragons and two other king dragons I had around into him, so he's level 55 now. Getting him to 70 from here is going to be expensive. o.o People would prefer to use this over my Tyrannos 20 right? If so I'll switch my leader when I'm not playing.

Mik2121

Those rolls aren't too bad. You could create an Attacker team and having duplicates Riders will let you use their ability twice in one turn, potentially transforming the majority of the board into one colour.

It'll take some work to get the golem to its 5* stage but it'll be very useful if you have trouble surviving some dungeons. They can get up to around 5000 hp alone.
Hey Cobalt, I'm sending you the gift now. Remember to send me yours whenever you want :*

ParityBit

Anyone else feel that if they spend gems on boxes (which you should) you are missing out on the nice rare eggs?! I have 4 gems ..... maybe will get my 5th on my Amu account ....

I keep thinking to myself .... I need to make up for getting a crappy 2nd rare pull!

I have one Green Odin friend who is saving my hide so much. (Gafer!)

Kosh

‎[US] Ruby Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/16/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 16:00 21:00
B: 12:00 17:00 22:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00
D: 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 10:00 15:00 20:00

Nice, I need Ruby Dragon's badly.

harrytang

Got spanked by the expert mask dungeon. Gonna stick to the regular one. I need a indigo devil mask for my dryad.

just beat it barely. for me a healer leader, odin friend to survive one hit, and enchi or someone who can roll back the attack a few hits if need be.

the rest of my monsters suck but your never going to break through defenses so doesnt really matter who i bring in. i try and double up some of the colors but i wont bring in a team all the same color because if you run out of those orbs it sucks.

usually dramatic and comes down to one play. lucky if you go through and dont have any masks hitting same turn. usually when this happens it's game over.

Radav

Anyone got a Shiva? 398,038,297

I could totally use one, especially for this mask dungeon!

Ive been on the look out for a Shiva in preparation for the dungeon today but haven't found anyone as of yet. So if you're out there add me also.

My ID is 396,139,295

Jinko

WTF ... that rainbow mask is too hard guyz !! lol

Hits on every turn with 2 divine masks, thought I was doing ok until that point.

Then I did a technical where an orge bound everything but water, game is getting too hard.

So I wasted 43 stamina and got diddly squat.

Radav

Yeah I'm wondering if a small adjustment could be made to the strat listed where instead of using all sprites you plugged in a succ/lilith and charged up your poison attack for the final room.... I'm really scared I'm going to waste the shot on this dungeon using that strat but I don't really know if I try a more normal setup with what I have available monsterwise. Here goes nothing.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone else feel that if they spend gems on boxes (which you should) you are missing out on the nice rare eggs?! I have 4 gems ..... maybe will get my 5th on my Amu account ....

I keep thinking to myself .... I need to make up for getting a crappy 2nd rare pull!

I have one Green Odin friend who is saving my hide so much. (Gafer!)

Once you start farming for evo materials, you'll desperately wish you had more boxes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
WTF ... that rainbow mask is too hard guyz !! lol

Hits on every turn with 2 divine masks, thought I was doing ok until that point.

Then I did a technical where an orge bound everything but water, game is getting too hard.

So I wasted 43 stamina and got diddly squat.

Resolve team with low HP (risky when you have two masks to kill), or a Shiva team with gem changers.

Resolve options:

Ice Ogre, 4 Sapphilit/Blue masks with healer partner. Low HP means you'll always resolve. Risky team when two+ masks on same timer.

Samurai Ogre, 4 Samurai Goblin with healer partner. Charge up the gem change for goblins in round 1, match 3 and gem change. Same as Ice Ogre, but a little safer due to gem changers.

Other options:

Stronger team with Shiva helper. Shiva def drop persists through rounds, so charge it up and begin ohko party. Try to keep HP low if you use a resolve.

Poison team (since it basically one shots everything).

That's all I've got. I just need a Shiva to make it through since I don't have enough Samurai Goblins.

Victrix

*beard*
No matter what team you use, orb management is pretty key. If you're sloppy and make random matches, you'll blow orbs, cause a cascade, kill a mask early and advance to the next round before your abilities are charged or you've stored enough orbs.

Depending on team comp, you need to charge all abilities in round one and store enough orbs to make safe matches in the following rounds. With orbs stored even if your abilities aren't up you can nuke down a mask before it triggers and then sit on resolve/odin and your healer to survive a single mask hit while rebuilding orbs or charging abilities.

It's a test of your orb handling by not making matches and saving, which is actually really good training for the harder dungeons - you need to learn to do that for a lot of dungeons anyway.

Radav

Yep ran into a room where 2 divine masks were on the same counter and had no orbs to make enough combos to kill one before the timer was up. 25 stam. down the tubes....

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yep ran into a room where 2 divine masks were on the same counter and had no orbs to make enough combos to kill one before the timer was up. 25 stam. down the tubes....

This is why a Shiva (or similar partner) would be nice.

Anyone know another monster with the same ability?

game is getting too hard..

Ive been saying that with every single new tier of dungeons. its part of what makes the game great, but at the same time continually forcing you out of your comfort zone means constantly re-learning how to play. at each difficulty wall it seems like the answer is always half "adjust your strategies" and half "get guys x, y, and z to open up some new team composition possibilities"

raiot

I managed to do this with a sapphilite resolve team... i had no problems, but I used my orochi instead of an ogre and always waited until its skill was ready for the next round (delay the attack of all monsters by 5 turns).

ToxicAdam

Finally got past the Polar Night dungeon and the Light-based Technical dungeon last night. It's been a lot of fun .. each new layer is like a little puzzle you have to figure out (usually through trial and error).

ParityBit

Once you start farming for evo materials, you'll desperately wish you had more boxes.

Yeah I think I will end up spending them on boxes. People here tease with all the cool stuff they have, while some of us don't ... and are killing ourselves trying to get through lower level dungeons!

*please my Green Odin friend, log in so I can do another level of this dungeon*

just got murdered by the upper level mask dungeon. 'raise def for a bit' did nothing against 2 3tier masks at the same time.

now to wait for stamina recharge :(

man Echinda's special has realllly saved me at times. love delaying enemy attacks

Radav

I managed to do this with a sapphilite resolve team... i had no problems, but I used my orochi instead of an ogre and always waited until its skill was ready for the next round (delay the attack of all monsters by 5 turns).

Yeah I think if I had an orochi this would be much easier. Going to try this again and see if I can just do a better job stockpiling and managing things better. I'm using the ogre + sapphlit resolve team.

Jinko

Resolve team with low HP (risky when you have two masks to kill), or a Shiva team with gem changers.

Resolve options:

Ice Ogre, 4 Sapphilit/Blue masks with healer partner. Low HP means you'll always resolve. Risky team when two+ masks on same timer.

Samurai Ogre, 4 Samurai Goblin with healer partner. Charge up the gem change for goblins in round 1, match 3 and gem change. Same as Ice Ogre, but a little safer due to gem changers.

Other options:

Stronger team with Shiva helper. Shiva def drop persists through rounds, so charge it up and begin ohko party. Try to keep HP low if you use a resolve.

Poison team (since it basically one shots everything).

That's all I've got. I just need a Shiva to make it through since I don't have enough Samurai Goblins.

Yup I did resolve, but I think its almost impossible when you come to the boss fight, being able to kill the rainbow mask before the other two divine masks attack is paramount, if you don't have the right orbs up you are screwed basically. (orb changer helps but its still down to luck what orbs you have on the screen)

Ideally party would be ogre and 5 liliths.
Ive been saying that with every single new tier of dungeons. its part of what makes the game great, but at the same time continually forcing you out of your comfort zone means constantly re-learning how to play. at each difficulty wall it seems like the answer is always half "adjust your strategies" and half "get guys x, y, and z to open up some new team composition possibilities"

Yup each tier is becoming more gimicky, you are required to make a team of monsters you don't have in many cases, which in turn makes you to want to spend money on gacha's.. very clever !

raiot

Yup I did resolve, but I think its almost impossible when you come to the boss fight, being able to kill the rainbow mask before the other two divine masks attack is paramount, if you don't have the right orbs up you are screwed basically. (orb changer helps but its still down to luck what orbs you have on the screen)

Yup each tier is becoming more gimicky, you are required to make a team of monsters you don't have in many cases, which in turn makes you to want to spend money on gacha's.. very clever !

I dont think its completly lucky, you have it in your own hand to build up enough orbs and store them on the bottom in the last round. You can get bad luck with a chain reaction, but its possible!

Victrix

*beard*

Ideally party would be ogre and 5 liliths.

It's not luck, you should be storing orbs. If you're running a resolve team, a single enemy can't kill you, so you can store up a stock of orbs for the next round.

And you don't need 5 liliths, you can beat it with the ogre/lit/healer team, with a mono color team and a lilith to end a round, or a naga to delay turns, or (the easiest method) simply bring a Shiva friend, charge his ability in the first round and sweep the whole dungeon (also works for friday expert)

Jinko

It's not luck, you should be storing orbs. If you're running a resolve team, a single enemy can't kill you, so you can store up a stock of orbs for the next round.

And you don't need 5 liliths, you can beat it with the ogre/lit/healer team, with a mono color team and a lilith to end a round, or a naga to delay turns, or (the easiest method) simply bring a Shiva friend, charge his ability in the first round and sweep the whole dungeon (also works for friday expert)

Exactly you say, bring a lilith a naga or a shiva, like its that easy to just to bring those monsters.

Storing orbs is only a small factor.

Resolve is when a monster will survive an over kill hit.

'resolve' leader skill, duh! have two of them on my team haha, thanks!

been kind of going w/ the brute strength approach so far, but i think i have to switch that up. my 3fire/2water team isn't doing so great in the 3tier water dungeon

Exactly you say, bring a lilith a naga or a shiva, like its that easy to just to bring those monsters.

Storing orbs is only a small factor.

I'm running a Echidna (Naga evolve) as my leader right now if anyone needs her to delay. i'm in the spreadsheet (Kyle@GAF)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally found a team I can rock the expert dungeon with.

Leader: Titan
Partner: Healer (any evolved version will do)
Team: Naga, Echidna, Lilith, Sapphilit

Any variation of this team could work. Titan is a resolve and a gem changer. My healer helps for resolve. Naga and Echidna both have a skill that prevents enemy attacks for a few turns. Lilith is poison. Sapphilit is just there because.

Charge up all skills in round 1, profit.

Radav

Finally found a team I can rock the expert dungeon with.

Leader: Titan
Partner: Healer (any evolved version will do)
Team: Naga, Echidna, Lilith, Sapphilit

Any variation of this team could work. Titan is a resolve and a gem changer. My healer helps for resolve. Naga and Echidna both have a skill that prevents enemy attacks for a few turns. Lilith is poison. Sapphilit is just there because.

Charge up all skills in round 1, profit.

Yeah something like that will have to be what I use if I attempt this again. Unfortunately Im not sure there's much I can do when 3 masks are all on the same CD.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What exactly do people mean by charge up in round 1? Do you then save them for the boss or do you use them to burn each set of enemies down to 1 and then recharge?

Literally do what it says - charge up your skills by making a bunch of puny (preferably no damage) matches.

E: In the case of masks, I charge up my two slows, my poison, and my gem change. That way, if I get in a shit pickle, I have access to all of my skills immediately. When I find a safe room (where all recharges work in my favor, or when there's only one enemy left), I make matches to recharge the used skills so I have them available for my next moment.

ccbfan

Beating the expert dungeon is easy as long as you prep correctly.

The team I used was

weakest blue orge + Sapphilit + Sapphilit + blue demon mask + blue demon mask + siren3 helper. Its all about having low hp.

Its really important that you have 6 of the same element since it will kill a divine mask in 3 attacks while a 5 of the same element team needs 4. If you want you can make the green version of the party. Having a healer be able to 70+ percent health heal is essential too.

The name of the game is prep so this could take a while.

Always take out all but one enemy obviously take out any enemies with the same counter first.

Prep so you have this for the next fight (except for the last fight.) Never know when the game refuses to give you a blue.

B = Blue
M = other than blue

MMMMMM
MMMMMM
MMBMMB
BBMBBM
BBMBBM

For the last fight go.

MMMMMM
BBMBBM
MMBMMB
BBMBBM
BBMBBM

You don't need to have exactly this but more blues the better. Also make sure there's good variation in the Ms so you don't accidently combo.

You'll have 4-5 turns after this and most of the time you only need 3 to win the fight. Fought this twice and haven't had any issues(No Mystic Mask Though :()

Radav

Holy crap the expert mask dungeon is stressful. lol Having the ability to delay or use poison if you get in a bind seems like a must. On the final room the mystic mask was attacking every turn which meant pulling some major luck out of my ass. Can't wait to try this again.

Gah it sucks so much that I'm in Canada and the game isn't out here. I want to spend money on it, but you can't buy iTunes gift cards from
canada (and I don't trust ebay..)

Came to say the same thing :(

I live in Canada right now and I have an American account. I created when I was there with a gift card balance, the balance still exists.

I downloaded the game last night, obviously from my American account. I wasn't aware that it isn't released in the Canadian App Store.

Why don't you guys just create an American account, download and play the game and when you have a chance you can add funds or whatever.

Jinko

Holy crap the expert mask dungeon is stressful. lol Having the ability to delay or use poison if you get in a bind seems like a must. On the final room the mystic mask was attacking every turn which meant pulling some major luck out of my ass. Can't wait to try this again.

Yea Im guna farm a lilith I think and save poison for the last room, its the only one I have trouble with.

Twin Tower Diana has 1.5 x drop rate also.

Owzers

Does anyone have a shiva leader to friend :O

Expert masks destroyed my 8k team ( before i read some stuff here). I thought i had a decent chance but nope. Disappointing. I don't have an ogre or any lits.

i switched lilith to my leader in case people want to use that.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have enough material to evolve like 8 of my monsters... except dublits. It can't be Friday soon enough, I'm stockpiling masks, keepers, Dragon stuff... just don't have any stupid dublits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom