• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccbfan

Anybody have a user exp chart?

I wanna know what level I need for 50 stamina.

Also any negative have 2 chaos devil dragons. I made my first one and dear lord they rock. Also where can I get little dragons versions of other colors.

Owzers

i always end up with awkward groups, beat Tower of Nature final boss because i had 8300 hp and managed to heal myself up a bit. Wood Mech Warrior of Asgard counter almost one hit killed the blue dragon in the miniboss section, but the last boss took a bit of time.

Anybody have a user exp chart?

I wanna know what level I need for 50 stamina.

Also any negative have 2 chaos devil dragons. I made my first one and dear lord they rock. Also where can I get little dragons versions of other colors.

Well I have 48 stamina and I'm rank 60. The rank 60 ding gave me 5 stamina. So next I'll get friends, then team cost, then stamina again. Then friends, then team cost, then stamina again. So either rank 62 or 65 is probably the point.

Does anyone know off hand how much exp the metal dragon dungeons give on completion? I need 1794 to rank up and whether or not I can do 3 emerald runs or 1 emerald run in 2 hours depends on whether or not that will rank me up :(

ccbfan

Does anyone know off hand how much exp the metal dragon dungeons give on completion? I need 1794 to rank up and whether or not I can do 3 emerald runs or 1 emerald run in 2 hours depends on whether or not that will rank me up :(

A metal dragon gives 900-1100 to me usually.

Also dragon stage of tower of giants gives like 1400-1600 exp and it's on half stamina(3) today so you can do a emerald then wait 30 minutes if needed and do a tower of giants level then do two more emeralds.

A metal dragon gives 900-1100 to me usually.

Also dragon stage of tower of giants gives like 1400-1600 exp and it's on half stamina(3) today so you can do a emerald then wait 30 minutes if needed and do a tower of giants level then do two more emeralds.

Yea I already factored that in. I'm at 6 stamina right now and emerald dragons pops in 2 hours for me. So I need 14 more stamina. That's 140 minutes, or 2 hours 20 minutes. So I could then get 1 run of Emerald Dragons in and wait 30 minutes then do Tower of the Giants, but then I've only got somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes remaining to get Tower of the Giants + 2 more runs of Emerald Dragons in. Cutting it really close, but we'll see

J0dy77

You realize there's a quit option in the menu in the corner, right?
(I didn't know this until replaying the tutorial on my JPN account)

Thanks for this, definitely using that in the future. Had the Emerald technical dungeon today that I wanted to quit out of but instead spent an hour plus grinding the dino down.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wish there wasn't a number associated with each team member and a total number that you have to stay under. I get why they did it, but it is sort of a buzz kill sometimes.

Owzers

unlocked Temple of the Saint - Expert.....died in the 3rd round of the first stage

Time to do something else next stamina refill, might try the special shadow expert dungeon. How hard is that on expert? Is there an english wiki yet? i got lost trying to navigate the chinese wiki.

colinp

Banned
Can someone explain the metal dragon dungeons to me? They only show up at certain times depending on your friend code? Do they show up on the special dungeon list or something?

KuroNeeko

Just a few rambling thoughts...

Ran the Sky Dragon special at 1.5x drop rate (expert) this weekend hoping to get a cupid - no luck. The dungeon itself was little problem, I got through it with Thanatos, Vampire Lord, Dark Dragon Knight, Siren, and Archangel. The boss fights were a little hairy at times, but I had so much redundancy - heal on Archangel, orb→heart changer on Siren, invulnerability on Thanatos that I just won by attrition. Boss battles took like 20 minutes though.

I'm alternating between Technical dungeons and Normal dungeons now as we have the Flame Dragon special up right now. It just seems like there is little incentive to go in there, 25 stamina for a miniscule chance to get a dragon?There are a few things that have been bothering me though.

1) The (lack of) Drops

Maaan, you can tell the drops have been worked to really encourage players to spend cash. I don't blame the developers, but when I leave a dungeon with 5-6 (elemental) knights and no cupids / succubus / dryads (despite them being the same rarity) it just feels bad.

In all my time of playing, I think the "best" drop I've had in a dungeon in terms of rarity / use was either my Little White Dragon that dropped in the Sky Dungeon or my Behemoth (3 star / armor break) that dropped during the Final Fantasy event.

2) Skill Levels

Man, raising skill levels is a real kick in the balls. I can't imagine raising any monster's skill level up to max. I think I have one carbuncle with a skill level of 3 and everyone else is at 2 or less. I've been hearing how easy it is to raise Siren's orb changer skill but it's not happening. Marine Goblin rarely drops and when it does, it almost never raises skill level. My Siren is still at skill level 1! We had a week-long event here where the skill level-up rate was DOUBLED and I still only had two increases that week!

3) Lack of Trades

I know why they do this and I sympathize, but right now it's too hard to make competitive teams of a given color if you're not drawing them in the rare gacha. I WANT to make a green team, but none of my rare gacha pulls (other than my initial pull - a 3-star golem) are green. So if I want to make a green team, I have to rely on sub-par units like green carbuncle, green golem, and lil green dragon. I don't even bother with green units in water-based dungeons, I just take my Vampire Lord team in and mop up. It's too bad because I want to make a team for each color but blue (my starter dragon) and green (my starter rare) are just so much weaker than everything else I've pulled.

:/

Still having fun though and I haven't really hit any walls. Technical gets me sometimes like when I hit two harpies that bind my whole team, but otherwise I'm pretty much limited only by my stamina. Heading into the Dark-based tower after Tower of Flare and the second Technical dungeon.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Whereas you haven't had any trouble, I am at a wall. I can't really push forward because I'm missing some KEY parts of ANY good team (ADK, Lil' Blue Dragon, other good orb changers, etc). I have a few decent monsters, but I'm stuck with a wide array of options with no good way to obtain the missing links (drop rates!).

Owzers

Whereas you haven't had any trouble, I am at a wall. I can't really push forward because I'm missing some KEY parts of ANY good team (ADK, Lil' Blue Dragon, other good orb changers, etc). I have a few decent monsters, but I'm stuck with a wide array of options with no good way to obtain the missing links (drop rates!).

I think it's the expert wall Xo I got past the previous walls of just harder regular dungeons by getting excellent helpers, but that might not be enough for me anymore without some better creatures myself. I'm waiting for the next god pull event and hopefully will scrounge 10 crystals ( at 7 atm) from special dungeons or if they have an event.

KuroNeeko

Where are you at and what kind of team are you using? What was your starter?

Post your monster box. I thought I was stuck too, the key for me was just getting levels. I ran metal dragons for 3-4 days and powered up most of my team into the mid 40s / early 50s. The extra RCV, ATK, and HP made all the difference in the world, and from there I was able to push into technical dungeons and post castle of Satan.

Once you're at that point, things like Expert start to become possible, and you get access to Pengdras and increased drop rates. Now I've got so many *good* monsters I don't even know what to do with all of them.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have one more Naga, but I don't keep her starred.

And I just started technical dungeons.

DDDB936F-17F2-4F2C-BB79-F1B6816EEBCC-32700-0000143D116A6A98.jpg

KuroNeeko

Forgot the most important question, how far along are you?

xCobalt

It seems like you're leveling waaaay too many monsters. None of your lil dragons are at their final evolution stage yet nor are your healers (except alraune). Decide on a solid team of 5 and level them up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It seems like you're leveling waaaay too many monsters. None of your lil dragons are at their final evolution stage yet nor are your healers (except alraune). Decide on a solid team of 5 and level them up.

Yeah, that's my problem. I'm missing key elements to any semblance of a team (or so it feels like). I guess I need some direction on where I should take things. :p

KuroNeeko

And I just started technical dungeons.

DDDB936F-17F2-4F2C-BB79-F1B6816EEBCC-32700-0000143D116A6A98.jpg

You've got some pretty good light creatures there, Vasche, Angel, Valkyrie, Thor - damn, dood.

I'd probably look at Thor as a leader for the ATK boost, then Angel, Valky and Vas + 1 utility unit like Siren, Succubus, Naga, or orb→heart switcher like the red Goblin Warrior or even give the Light Slime a try. Ideally, you'd probably want #297-#299 Faerio evol series here, but that's a gacha card so...

I'd say you're a Siren away from a decent Dark team as well. It'd be a bit fragile with no 2XHP creatures to help tackle some dungeons, but you can use Vampire Lord, those rainbow crystal carrying-fat ghost things, and just go crazy. I'm not a fan of Yomi, but you may appreciate her meta-skills.

You have the bones for a good red team as well, Titan, Red Starter Boost, Lil Red, and Ogre - I'd add a Goblin Warrior in for orb changing and you could do fine there as well.

Odin is awesome, but I don't know how to use him. Doesn't seem like you have a good set up for him yet, but it probably depends on what your friends are packing.

If I had to guess, you're probably lacking focus, like I am. I haven't figured out the "best" way to play the game yet, but I doubt half-heartedly leveling up a large number of units is it. You'll probably need to buckle down on a team or two and concentrate on leveling / getting mats for that team if you're looking to progress.

Good luck!

no more spending stones on rare pulls. 10 stones and got 2 of these guys

Pet297.png

after my initial Marine Rirder pull...havn't gotten shit. more boxes it is

colinp

Banned
colinp said:
Can someone explain the metal dragon dungeons to me? They only show up at certain times depending on your friend code? Do they show up on the special dungeon list or something?

xCobalt

Yeah, that's my problem. I'm missing key elements to any semblance of a team (or so it feels like). I guess I need some direction on where I should take things. :p

Valkyrie, Naga, Lillith, Alraune, Verche paired with another Valkyrie leader will work pretty well. Realistically, the 6.25x healer team has Siren over Alraune though. What you have will work I think. You could use 2 nagas on that team as well, bosses may not even touch you if you delay their attacks twice.

Odin + final evolutions of 4 lil dragons and a healer as your helper also works. This strategy requires their final evolution because at this stage, they gain the ability to do 20000 damage.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is it worth it to level 2 same-colour Lil'Dragons? I have one for ahead and just got another... but I don't think I really want to level him too... not sure. Input?

Also just fed my blue starter dragon to the other and got a skill upgrade LOL that waste. But oh well. :p

ParityBit

no more spending stones on rare pulls. 10 stones and got 2 of these guys
after my initial Marine Rirder pull...havn't gotten shit. more boxes it is

Marine riders my number 2 creature. I have 5 gems an 80 boxes. I was thinking of taking a chance when a good pull chance comes along...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for the tips so far. I'm doing some research to compliment what I'm being told. One thing about Naga though...You can't use a second turn delay until the enemy attacks. Boo. But to be able to chain cast it would be nice.

xCobalt

Is it worth it to level 2 same-colour Lil'Dragons? I have one for ahead and just got another... but I don't think I really want to level him too... not sure. Input?

Also just fed my blue starter dragon to the other and got a skill upgrade LOL that waste. But oh well. :p

I mentioned this before but just because they're duplicates, doesn't make them useless. They have great stats and their ability is very useful. At their final form, they can deal 20,000 damage but if you have two of them and in a dungeon their element is strong against, bosses won't last very long at all.

Owzers

blargh, got the Sky Dragon of Darkness on Expert down to moderately low hp but i couldn't out heal that dmg even with Xelios' Amu. :(

Thing to try next time: Darkness reduction dragon whenever i get him leveled up. I had the level 4 dragon egg drop for me too but i couldn't finish the boss off so i had to abandon it XO XO XO XO XO

Smiley90

I mentioned this before but just because they're duplicates, doesn't make them useless. They have great stats and their ability is very useful. At their final form, they can deal 20,000 damage but if you have two of them and in a dungeon their element is strong against, bosses won't last very long at all.

Mhmm... I'll keep him around then, but just won't make levelling him a priority until I run out of other stuff to do. K, thx.

Smiley90

Ah fu, tried to run Blade of Justice expert, got awesome drops, but then lost because 4 enemies showed up on the same timer. Fuck. I need more light-damage reduction :( I only have a White Dragon, only 30% reduction :( Couldn't kill all of them fast enough, got through most of it, but all on the same timer... not possible, sadly :(

Owzers

Ah fu, tried to run Blade of Justice expert, got awesome drops, but then lost because 4 enemies showed up on the same timer. Fuck. I need more light-damage reduction :( I only have a White Dragon, only 30% reduction :( Couldn't kill all of them fast enough, got through most of it, but all on the same timer... not possible, sadly :(

Trick Cobalt into switching his leader to the mighty green/light light reduction person :O

Smiley90

Trick Cobalt into switching his leader to the mighty green/light light reduction person :O

-looks at Cobalt- I tried running it with 2x dark and a mostly dark team and Alraune as a leader friend (since xenios's Amu wasn't available), but they hit for too much so I wouldn't have survived anyway... Need light damage reduction :(

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
-looks at Cobalt- I tried running it with 2x dark and a mostly dark team and Alraune as a leader friend (since xenios's Amu wasn't available), but they hit for too much so I wouldn't have survived anyway... Need light damage reduction :(

Sorry! Hunting emerald dragons atm. :x And yeah I pulled off master with my ammy and a 50% damage reducer, so I think you'd be fine.

Smiley90

Sorry! Hunting emerald dragons atm. :x And yeah I pulled off master with my ammy and a 50% damage reducer, so I think you'd be fine.

Well, I don't have a 50% damage reducer :p All I have is a 30%... I think I'll try that next. 30% damage reducer and Alraune, and I'll see how it goes. Don;t be sorry, I know you're pulling most of us here through the game LOL

Owzers

I think I might be able to swing Sky Dragon of Darkness Expert even if i can't level up my dragon to lvl 4 by using my green evolved healer along with Super Xelios Amu for a combo healing duo.

Edit: Does that healing actually double if you use two people?

xelios

I'll put ammy up for you guys now, will just make running the emeralds a bit slower but it's no big deal. Check in a minute.

Edit: She's up

YodaJM

Neo Member
I'm just starting out so I can use new friends. My id: 395,048,206

Also can anyone point me to some info on how to handle early leveling. I'm a bit lost and it doesn't help having most of the resources in Japanese and Chinese lol.

I did the read the whole OP as well as the FAQ on the facebook group, but I find them lacking info for just starting out other than good starting rare Gacha's.

So any help would be appreciated.

Smiley90

I'll put ammy up for you guys now, will just make running the emeralds a bit slower but it's no big deal. Check in a minute.

Edit: She's up

I'm surviving the boss with 30% damage reduction and your Amu with 400HP left, and Amu heals me enough to survive. THANK GOD/XELIOS

xelios

You're welcome, she'll be up the rest of the night...if you really want to thank me go hunt me some +rcv eggs. Gonna start that tomorrow. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom