• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

parasight

Do you always get the Flame Mecha Dragon drop in that dungeon or did I just get really lucky on my first go at it?

Sucks I can't even use him. My team Max Cost is 41 and he costs 50 alone.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Do you always get the Flame Mecha Dragon drop in that dungeon or did I just get really lucky on my first go at it?

Sucks I can't even use him. My team Max Cost is 41 and he costs 50 alone.

No, I ran it a ton of times and never got him. :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thanks to xelios's Amu I was able to complete Blade of Justice Expert twice, the second time I got a Mystic Light Knight from the boss drop! yayoooooo success.

Wtf i think blade of justice ended 1 hour early, it was supposed to end same time as Sky Dragon. It seems to have ended literally right as i got enough stamina to go back in

Smiley90

Wtf i think blade of justice ended 1 hour early, it was supposed to end same time as Sky Dragon. It seems to have ended literally right as i got enough stamina to go back in

Yeah it was weird, I saw the countdown...

On the bright side, 2 special dungeons ending tonight means hopefully 2 awesome new dungeons tomorrow!

raiot

Damn it, I'm 1 dark glowworm short of finishing my chaos devil dragon tranform, have 3 stamina, and only 48 max stamina... and the sky dragon dungeon is gone in 13 minutes... AAAAAAAARG :(

Smiley90

It is. And check the news under Other tab

Btw its harder than Legendary level dungeons supposedly

Editor's Choice Limited Time Dungeon - ???? ;) But I guess it could mean Hera. Well, I don't see it yet, and I definitely won't be able to beat it anyway :p

Editor's Choice Limited Time Dungeon - ???? ;) But I guess it could mean Hera. Well, I don't see it yet, and I definitely won't be able to beat it anyway :p

It was posted somewhere else that it is in fact hera, even before the thing in news showed up. Supposedly shows up at noon

CTLance

Whoops, that nearly ended badly. That's what I get for being distracted and doing three things at once.
img_0671_p3pipl.png
Wrong party, wrong dungeon, (initially) wrong tactics. Still got through it, but man, that was pretty intense. Obviously Grudge Strike only showed up for the very last sliver of health. Thanks a lot, stupid Dragon.

Having 3HP left is my personal "best" so far. I am not eager to beat that.

Still, two-color monsters are niiiiice. I want one.

Isnt there a gimmicky party setup you can use to cheese hera?

Well you need a Lilith somewhere for Neptune. Aside from that, about the only gimmick I can think of is buying like $50 worth of magic stones and constantly reviving until she's dead. But god only knows how many stones you could end up spending. Assuming you did that you'd probably want to go Resolve / Amaterasu and just stay alive as long as you can doing damage until you die. Only Ceres attacks every turn, but I figure in the worst case you could spend maybe 20-30 stones depending on how unprepared you are.

Uthred

http://puzzledragonsus.blogspot.ca/2012/12/hera-descended-goddess-of-darkness.html
The "cheat" tactic is explained here, you ONLY need, viper orochi, Amaterasu Okami max Lvl, 2 maxed Harpy Demons, Lillith and Echidna/Verche... When I think about it... I have an Orochi, Xelios has the amaterasu... I "only" need Lillith and max my demons and my white knight... hm, not gonna happen soon ;)

Due to the way the game works its impossible to reliably farm or power level so unless you have the components of the team already available it looks like theres not much that can be done.

raiot

Due to the way the game works its impossible to reliably farm or power level so unless you have the components of the team already available it looks like theres not much that can be done.

I know, this is why i set only in quotation marks.
I COULD powerlevel them, i have 5 kings sitting in my stash and all the evo mats for the verche evolution, but then I would still be missing the Lillith... So it's completly unrealistic that this is going to work! :)

Jinko

:O ice mech dragon, blaaahh I don'y have the fire one yet :(

[US] Hera Descended - Legend starts at 12:00 PST today!

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/21/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 11:00 16:00 21:00
B: 12:00 17:00 22:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00
D: 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 10:00 15:00 20:00

:O
I feel like im missing out on so much cause of my shitty monsters.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's the Editor's Choice dungeon? It hasn't shown up for me, but my log in screen said something about it.

Also, do we ever get consecutive log in magic stones? I'm at day 20 with nothing.

Kosh

‎[US] Hera Descended - Legend starts at 12:00 PST today!

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/21/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 16:00 21:00
B: 12:00 17:00 22:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00
D: 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 10:00 15:00 20:00

ToxicAdam

Feels like I'm stalled out until I can collect a bunch of Pendgas and evolve them as food.

Whipped through those lower levels of the Ice Mech this morning. Damn, I could use that boss drop, need blue pets badly.

raiot

Does the siren have a better dropchance at higher lvl dungeons? I still dont know if i should keep my alraune or switch it for a siren (if i get the drop...)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Does the siren have a better dropchance at higher lvl dungeons? I still dont know if i should keep my alraune or switch it for a siren (if i get the drop...)

Yeah, the chances are apparently better in the higher dungeons. And Siren is used in a LOT of end-game dungeons, so I'd say get one and level her if you can. I'll be replacing my Alraune if I ever nab a Siren.

had a team ready for the icemech and somehow managed to choose the flamemech instead : that ended horribly. waste of 15 stamina there.

damn i wish they'd increase the recharge rate....brutally slow now

Uthred

Using a 30% blue resist and Xelios' Ama expert icedragon was easy, but sssooo long to burn down the last boss (and the fucker didnt even drop anything)

Using a 30% blue resist and Xelios' Ama expert icedragon was easy, but sssooo long to burn down the last boss (and the fucker didnt even drop anything)

rarely does i think. are there any good drops from these mechdragon dungeons? (other than the boss itself).

would rather use the stamina to get to the tech dungeons if theres nothing worthwhile coming from the mech

Uthred

rarely does i think. are there any good drops from these mechdragon dungeons? (other than the boss itself).

would rather use the stamina to get to the tech dungeons if theres nothing worthwhile coming from the mech

Usual blue junk on adept, chance of mermaid and blue starter on expert, chance of mystic ice knight on higher difficulties

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
had a team ready for the icemech and somehow managed to choose the flamemech instead : that ended horribly. waste of 15 stamina there.

damn i wish they'd increase the recharge rate....brutally slow now

They've got to make actual money on the game somehow. :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So Ice Mechdragon Expert looks like you need to be able to take 5376 damage every 3 turns (or 2?). So it's either a resolve team or somewhere around 12k health with a strong healer.

How tough were the rest of the rounds? I should be able to come up with a team of 12k health, but the other rounds may hurt.

ToxicAdam

So Ice Mechdragon Expert looks like you need to be able to take 5376 damage every 3 turns (or 2?). So it's either a resolve team or somewhere around 12k health with a strong healer.

How tough were the rest of the rounds? I should be able to come up with a team of 12k health, but the other rounds may hurt.

I did it easily with a Siren leader and a Water damage halver (Evolved Aurora Dragon) as a helper. Only had 6000-7000 hps.

My other team members were Odin (777 attack), Green Dragon Knight (800 attack), Marine Rider (500 attack) and a Holy Dragon (900 attack).

Jinko

I would go with a leader with 50% resistance, getting through the trash with a resolve team will be the biggest issue.

Sadly I have no team capable of beating Expert, guess I will farm this weak for fire monsters so maybe I will have a half chance of next weeks dungeon lol

J0dy77

Think I'm hitting the wa with this game. I'm progressing fine but get little to no reward for doing so. I've had 6 rare pulls across two devices and reviewed 6 basic rares and two duplicates. The game is clearly based on getting you to buy eggs for the rare machine and simply dumb luck. What's most frustrating is that the rare monsters at the end of dungeons simply never drop.

I'm hoping someone tells me this isn't the case and I just need to power throug but I'm not getting any luck through rng.

xCobalt

Think I'm hitting the wa with this game. I'm progressing fine but get little to no reward for doing so. I've had 6 rare pulls across two devices and reviewed 6 basic rares and two duplicates. The game is clearly based on getting you to buy eggs for the rare machine and simply dumb luck. What's most frustrating is that the rare monsters at the end of dungeons simply never drop.

I'm hoping someone tells me this isn't the case and I just need to power throug but I'm not getting any luck through rng.

That's definitely not the case. I can do a lot of high level dungeons and none of the monsters in my roster came from the rare gacha machine. All of them were from dungeon drops.

Jinko

That's definitely not the case. I can do a lot of high level dungeons and none of the monsters in my roster came from the rare gacha machine. All of them were from dungeon drops.

Out of curiosity what monsters are those, always interested to see what other people have in their team.

This is my light team at the moment, I switch starter dragon with Genie if I need more HP.

screenshot2013012115262.png

thaOwner

Try waiting 1 to 3 seconds at the machine on your next pull after you hit start. Also I've had better luck with pulls in the morning than afternoon.

Uthred

Is it better to hit the technical dungeons or to continue past the castle of Satan?

Worth clearing the first three technical dungeons at least, so you can get pengdras of each colour (though the limited access to dragon plants and coloured metallic dragons means you can hit a wall pretty quick in pengdra farming - though even a "basic" max lvl pengdra is 9K xp so its not terrible). Not sure after that

xelios

Zerging through Expert Ice Mechdragon with all dragon, no healer team. ADK + ADK leaders of course. Couple Mermaid drops already.

Owzers

Beat Ice Dungeon Mech Expert thing, it was easy with my evolved green healer + a friends dragon that halves water damage. It was a 3 timer for him attacking, i probably didn't even need the halver and should have went ADK helper since i can heal up 4700k ( maybe it was 5300?) in three turns.

Also....MERMAID EGG! After......already getting my green healer to 5 star lvl 41.........TOO LATE PUZZLE AND DRAGONS! Also 4k exp for beating it is nice.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
We gonna get 2x on Ice today? I cleared Expert but got NO good drops.

Also, Xelios, did you ever accept my friend request? I'm pretty sure you removed me at some point, so I added you again...

xelios

We gonna get 2x on Ice today? I cleared Expert but got NO good drops.

Also, Xelios, did you ever accept my friend request? I'm pretty sure you removed me at some point, so I added you again...

What's your name and is GAF in your name? I'll fav you this time around

Uthred

Is there any particular synergy between the colours? Im just wondering if theres particular dual elements you should aim for (to be honest I think I'd like to pare my team down from 5 to 3 colours to make matches easier/possibly more efficient)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom