• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah I was just hoping since its 2x. Funny thing is, I got succubus, siren, dryad, and Titan the first time I fought them.

I fought Succubus all those 25 times during the 1.5 :( also never got Dryad or Titan... You're so lucky -jealous-

oipic

Most of you guys are probably well past this point now, but if by chance anyone needs a level 20 present-swapping buddy, my ID is 345,336,288. Cheers.

Boken

Banned
Cmon Dark Sky Dragon buddy, I know you want to go all 2x drop on me.

Alternatively, does anybody know if/when we will get it?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's so bad when you have an under leveled Amu Ohkami as your partner leader. It sounds ungrateful, but her healing skill is only amazing when she's got some levels to support that wonderful healing. Died to Sky Dragon of Dark because she was healing 2k to the bosses 3k damage. Bah.

Woo!

Just beat Master Sky Dragon of Darkness with the help of Xelios' Amaterasu Ohkami. My main team is usually a 6.25x ADK green/dark power team, similar to Xelios'. Without a 50% damage reducer, that team stands no chance in this dungeon. So, I had to scour my monster box to see what I could whip together for a run. I was bummed that I had to wait 'til Tuesday to farm a dark Keeper to evolve my Devil Dragon into a Chaos Devil Dragon for its 50% dark damage reduction. It would have made this dungeon a piece of cake when combined with Xelios' Ami. It took me a while to realize that Devil Dragon still has a 30% dark damage reduction leader skill. Hope! Though, my calculations predicted the dungeon to be much tougher with only 30% damage reduction, and it was. The Sky Dragon hit for 4599 HP after damage reduction, while Ami healed for only 3290 HP. I could only withstand 4 consecutive hits without dying. And even before the boss level, the regular mobs had me near death several times, too. I had to abandon my maximum damage per turn mentality and really manage orbs, skills, and which enemies to target. Now that I beat the dungeon, I'm kind of glad I didn't have 50% damage reduction available, because I feel my playing skills have really improved by having to carefully plan every move throughout this dungeon.

Now, on to the pics!

My team of misfits.
XfIZlVo.jpg

Woo! Spent 50 stamina to challenge this dungeon, and got it right back!
VSMWTT3.jpg

Yay! Got my magic stone without having to wait for another blue moon for this dungeon to come back around.
MfVqal4.jpg

Boo! Didn't even get a Succubus or Sky Dragon to drop. Nor did I come across any Dark Mystic Knights.
5FVHW24.jpg

Here was my team roster:

1) Leader: #35 Lv.70 Devil Dragon
HP: 1470
ATK 1044
RCV: 92
SKL: Large damage Dark attack (Turn:25)
Leader Skill: 30% Dark damage reduction​

2) #296 Lv.41 Fortoytops
HP: 1364
ATK: 451
RCV: 191
SKL: Change Water orbs to Heal orbs (Turn:11)

3) #88 Lv.25 Naga
HP: 263
ATK: 244
RCV: 258
SKL: Delay enemy attacks for 3 turns (Turn:15)

4) #321 Lv.1 Keeper of Rainbow
HP: 3126
ATK: 1056
RCV: 157
SKL: 50% damage reduction for 3 turns (Turn:20)
5) #299 Lv.1 Angelion
HP: 588
ATK: 313
RCV: 180
SKL: Change Dark orbs to Heal orbs (Turn: 11)
6) Leader: #139 Lv.96 Amaterasu Ohkami
HP: 2279
ATK: 1098
RCV: 658
SKL: Recover all HP (Turn:20)
Leader Skill: Extreme heal when orbs are matched (3290 HP healed in my run)​

Owzers

O__________O

Died to Blade of Justice expert again, this time i had 10k hp and could survive two hits at the same time, but no healing orbs wanted to drop for me so despite my healer, i couldn't get healthy and eventually succumbed to doom.

emerald dragons today for me, will try to levle up my evolved mandrake healer so she heals more per turn.

Kosh

‎[US] Emerald Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/20/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

Jinko

Bleh guna give dragons a miss, they are kind of useless without Dragon Plants/pengdra's and the stamina to XP ratio isn't that great unless you get lucky with Kings dropping.

Victrix

*beard*
Bleh guna give dragons a miss, they are kind of useless without Dragon Plants/pengdra's and the stamina to XP ratio isn't that grate unless you get lucky with Kings dropping.

Plants are every thursday, specific colored dragons are usually also only once or twice a week. If you have green stuff to level, skipping them is a bad idea. Store em up for thursday and level your greens then.

Unless you need one of the dungeons thats expiring today anyway.

Shiryu

Neo Member
Pengdras truly are amazing. Trying to get through the first technical dungeon and when I saw that just one maxed is around 5k exp, I figured I should farm these once I can easily clear out technical dungeons.
The only thing that's really annoying is when a mask pops up, since I can't beat it before it hits me I'm guaranteed to die and just have wasted 10 stam.

But right now I'm just looking to power level my team before continuing dungeons. I do the special dungeons everyday almost for money/exp. Trying to figure out a good team composition since I have no grass types at all (if I'm trying to have an all rounder team).

@oipic: Sent you a friend request to swap lv20 gifts.

raiot

Wow, got 4 Kings in 3 Metal Dragon runs and got my Devil Dragon to 60, only 10 more for the Chaos Devil Dragon evolve. Also tried my luck in the Rare gadcha 1 Time and finaly got my dark Knight after it evaded me in 20 sky dragon runs... Now my dark team is nearly complete!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Emeralds, nice. Gonna level up Graviton Earth Dragon and my ADK some more, possibly Fortoytops. Gotta start focusing on leveling these 50% dual element damage reducers/orb changers so I always have them around for myself. So far of these I own:

Water/Fire
Fire/Wood
Light/Wood
Dark/Water
Wood/Water

Then of course I have all of the single element reducing 'lil dragons that are growing up steadily. Finishing off Ammy is tempting since she only needs 250,000 exp to max level. 5 king dragons, not much.

harrytang

O__________O

Died to Blade of Justice expert again, this time i had 10k hp and could survive two hits at the same time, but no healing orbs wanted to drop for me so despite my healer, i couldn't get healthy and eventually succumbed to doom.

emerald dragons today for me, will try to levle up my evolved mandrake healer so she heals more per turn.

nor rolling with an odin + healer team? this is the only way im surviving dark dungeon no rcv and blades. only have about 6k health. all you need to do is take out the people each layer who hit you consecutively. dark dragon hits for less than 1500 with odin. only need to make one match and im back to full health. his skill is a 20x light atk so you really wear him down fast. also, just got lilith drop from dark dragon dungeon after playing 3 times a day for past few days.

xCobalt

O__________O

What's your id? I have a leader that can resist light and heal to full.

Owzers

Sent. Let me know how that works out. I'll need to switch back to one of my regular leaders.

Accepted! Small problem with using it now...stamina. I probably won't be able to try Blade of Justice again for approx 2 hours, so feel free to change things up when needed and maybe put that character as your leader when you aren't doing anything today?

xelios

Ammy + Green Odin makes Sky Dragon of Darkness Expert a cakewalk, too bad no drops there for me either. Having terrible luck with any boss drops. :(

xCobalt

Accepted! Small problem with using it now...stamina. I probably won't be able to try Blade of Justice again for approx 2 hours, so feel free to change things up when needed and maybe put that character as your leader when you aren't doing anything today?

No worries. Got nothing really challenging to do today so it'll be up all day.
Ammy + Green Odin makes Sky Dragon of Darkness Expert a cakewalk, too bad no drops there for me either. Having terrible luck with any boss drops. :(

I'd imagine with your team, you would be able to do Master? I usually run Master on 2x drop rate (which always occurs at the midpoint of event, so 7 days after it opens) and they've always dropped. Seems like the drop rate on master would be about 30-50%

Ducktail

Blazed through Castle of Satan and unlocked a Technical Dungeon, whatever that is?

I quite like the new dungeon and boss theme song for Technical! Gotta love that rockish beat.

xelios

I'd imagine with your team, you would be able to do Master? I usually run Master on 2x drop rate (which always occurs at the midpoint of event, so 7 days after it opens) and they've always dropped. Seems like the drop rate on master would be about 30-50%

Wow, you're right. Boss can't even touch me. With Ammy & Chaos Devil Dragon as leaders I heal back to full every turn. Now to see if I can get a drop. Thanks!

My team, immune to master boss:

Amaterasu Ohkami - Leader
Chaos Dragon Knight
Chaos Dragon knight
Graviton Earth Dragon
Wooden Dark Tiamat
Chaos Devil Dragon - Leader

Edit: First try, thanks again for getting me to attempt master. I was too afraid at first. =p

photo17g0q4x.png

ToxicAdam

I ended up doing my 7th, 8th, 9th runs of the Mech Dragon expert last night and failed to get the drop. At least I had a ton of great fodder to feed my reds and personally leveled up from 66 to 71 in the process.

I tried doing the Master Tri-Color dungeon and got wiped. I tried a healer as a leader w/ Fenrir providing x2.5 attack for my Techniques. Didn't work. Maybe I will go with Odin as the leader and Indra (x2 HP for Dragons and Gods) as a helper instead.

Max skilled up my Siren. Kind of disappointed she stops at 5 round charge ups. I guess any less than that could make her too powerful.

xelios

Anyone have a level 6 Amaterasu that wants to be my friend?

I have a Chaos Devil Dragon that halves dark damage, he isn't the greatest but he's super useful in certain dungeons.

My ID is 346,431,299.

I sent you an invite. I run a level 96 Amaterasu Ohkami most of the time and leave her up when I go to sleep. Other than that I use 85 ADK when I'm farming/normal dungeons, and I have a Viper Orochi and Shiva. Just passed a master because of a friend's Chaos Devil Dragon so you're more than welcome on my list. Xelios@GAF should be the invite, make sure to fav me in case I'm using a different leader. Thanks!

330,844,207 - My ID, would love to have more GAF people.

I run at the moment a Veche God who makes the attack of other gods 2x, but working on my Ama this week so I'll have her up shortly!

Owzers

No worries. Got nothing really challenging to do today so it'll be up all day.

Success. I used my evolved mandrake as leader, threw in my light machine gunner for it's HP, dark dragon knight, dark mach 2, lilith ( i lack another good damaging dark creature), and then used your green/yellow immunity helper. Thanks !

No good drops though, which i can only assume is your helpers fault. :O But most importantly i got my magic stone from clearing the set.

daemissary

I sent you an invite. I run a level 96 Amaterasu Ohkami most of the time and leave her up when I go to sleep. Other than that I use 85 ADK when I'm farming/normal dungeons, and I have a Viper Orochi and Shiva. Just passed a master because of a friend's Chaos Devil Dragon so you're more than welcome on my list. Xelios@GAF should be the invite, make sure to fav me in case I'm using a different leader. Thanks!

Accepted and favorited. Thanks dude!

raiot

Thx for the headsup! Did the Justice Dungeon on hard with the mandrake as leader and cobalts DMG reducer! Got my white knight, too! Nice!

Jinko

Wow, you're right. Boss can't even touch me. With Ammy & Chaos Devil Dragon as leaders I heal back to full every turn. Now to see if I can get a drop. Thanks!

My team, immune to master boss:

Amaterasu Ohkami - Leader
Chaos Dragon Knight
Chaos Dragon knight
Graviton Earth Dragon
Wooden Dark Tiamat
Chaos Devil Dragon - Leader

Edit: First try, thanks again for getting me to attempt master. I was too afraid at first. =p

photo17g0q4x.png

Damn hes so puny compared to the mech dragon, and 40 cost as well.

Does anyone successfully play without a healer regularly? Doesn't seem feasible

Might be possible with a strong RCV team and orbs to heal changer, not tried it though.

Success. I used my evolved mandrake as leader, threw in my light machine gunner for it's HP, dark dragon knight, dark mach 2, lilith ( i lack another good damaging dark creature), and then used your green/yellow immunity helper. Thanks !

No good drops though, which i can only assume is your helpers fault. :O But most importantly i got my magic stone from clearing the set.

Dont you only need to clear 1 level? Ive gotten a magic stone from blade of justice and skydragon of darkness and i havent cleared every difficulty

xelios

Congrats. What did you farm/use to level up a Light pet? I find myself struggling to find places to farm for my holy dragon.

Took big advantage of the gold dragon dungeon, then just fed her other king dragons the rest of the way (rather than wait a month for another gold dragon dungeon).

Nope gotta clear the whole set of dungeons to get a stone.
Im close to 100% certain i got one for clearing sky dragon and/or blade of justice without clearing every difficulty, because i remember being surprised about it. I have blade of justice apprentice still remaining, so ill try it later.

xelios

Technical Mechdragon dungeon is just insane. I let the midboss kill me on purpose because it took forever to get it to 3/4 life. Screw that.

Technical Mechdragon dungeon is just insane. I let the midboss kill me on purpose because it took forever to get it to 3/4 life. Screw that.
You realize there's a quit option in the menu in the corner, right?
(I didn't know this until replaying the tutorial on my JPN account)

xCobalt

Yeah. It's pretty tough. I'm working on the Legendary difficulty now. Trying to get my health to around 13000 hp. I think my team will be 2 Volcanic Meteor dragons as leader, a rainbow keeper, water mech, siren and a water dragon. I think the only thing thats keeping me down is that my siren isn't fully evolved yet nor is her ability maxed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom