• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

putermcgee

^Go for the red, since you have a good amount of red cards. Dark isn't bad as a leader if you have Lucifer friends and don't mind using mono dark tank teams.

You cant give away individual cards but you can give away your whole account for free to a new player or somebody who would not mind having an alternative account to play with.

I'm not sure how it works for android, but on ios just back up data048.bin using ifunbox on a computer, and email it or put it on dropbox, etc.

I guess you can ask here if somebody on gaf wants it or on pad reddit or puzzleanddragonsforum
Thanks. I haven't decided yet, but at least I know there are options other than just deleting the game and everything disappearing.

My team: Kirin, Echidna, Valk, Sandalphon, Hera-Is. The more +eggs the merrier.

Charge everything before floor 8. If floor 9 is on 1 timer, use Sandalphon. Otherwise, save it for Zeus. Zeus: Gravityx3, Echidna after Sandalphon expires. It's pretty stable now.

Ah thanks. I'll work on leveling Hera-Is, and I'll work on getting Sandalphon. Though idk if I can do Sandalphon's dungeon.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Heads up: GungHo and Rovio plan two week Angry Birds and Puzzle & Dragons crossover

During the event Puzzle & Dragons players will be able to battle their way through a brand new dungeon featuring characters and monsters from Angry Birds Epic.

Players will be able to fight and collect fantasy-themed versions of their favourite Angry Birds characters, while those who missed out on the original Angry Birds collaboration will be able to turn back the clock and capture classic versions of Rovio's famous birds.

Match made in heaven

Angry Birds Epic players will also be able to get in on the franchise-switching action.

Those playing Rovio's RPG will be able to experience a brand new Puzzle & Dragons themed level, where they can battle popular Puzzle & Dragons characters such as Tyrannos, Baddie, and Tamadra.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So much for a "gift" - didnt expect a boss monster there with a billion hitpoints, of course i gother destroyed....lol.
Great news, glad to hear it :)

Just in-case it wasn't obvious (it certainly wasn't to me when I was a beginner!) you can use the same Zombie/Resolve team to get through the Friday dungeon at least somewhat consistently as well. It is a bit more challenging though, because the enemies generally are on shorter timers.

Thanks, will have to give a go tomorrow as well - just hoping i get that Green Dub monster :)

Free fruit dragon. If you are a beginner the dark one, Grape Dragon, is the most useful since you can team up with an Archangel Lucifer friend and tank through many dungeons.

Edit. If you don't already have it, download the PadGuide app. It has a lot of useful info on dungeons and monsters.

Cool thanks, i tried the PadGuide App on Android but its confusing as hell and the interface is kinda...lackluster. Feels like its gather to hardcore players who know excatcly when and what they are looking for ...hmmm.

The Padherder site though had been a great help for me, seeing at one spot which evolutions are possible and the evo material needed is really nice.

Ahhh zombie teams... memories flooding back. Getting through those first initial dungeons and building teams to beat the weekly dungeons is such an amazing part of this game. Enjoy it!

Definitely worth it. You get a free fruit dragon The grape is the best especially since you are just starting out and can be paired with Lucifer to clear descended content. The dungeon can only be cleared once, so whatever mob loads is what you get. You can exit out and keep trying if you like but not sure how much stam you want to waste with limited stam available.

Yeah ive been down on PaD for some time because of shitty REM rolls, but now im getting to a point where you can achieve goals from week to week and have you fun without rolling.

Only think im struggling with is which monsters/evos to keep because im constantly running outta space. Kinda tough to juggle what is needed right now and what might come be useful later down the road...or just preparing different teams is difficult without the space :-/

Only think im struggling with is which monsters/evos to keep because im constantly running outta space. Kinda tough to juggle what is needed right now and what might come be useful later down the road...or just preparing different teams is difficult without the space :-/
1) Figure out which team(s) you intend to use. For you it's U/Y and...?
2) If it's something you need to fill out your team right now or something you plan to use on your team later, keep.
3) If it's a REM only or a super-tough-to-get card (like TAMADRAs), keep.
4) If it's an evo mat that's tough to get or an evo mat you intend to use in the next several days, keep.
5) Feed or sell everything else.

I don't know if you have another viable lead to build around but I'd be on the lookout to making a fire-based team to deal with green-heavy dungeons that U/Y may struggle with. Most of the best leads are still REM only so it's mostly out of your control but something to keep in mind.

Jagernaut

The higher the fire atk for trifruits the better. I use Ares/Gigas/Homura/Yamato/Ronia/Shiva works great for me since the first 3 are all max skilled.

J0dy77

Post your box here, we can always point you in the right direction. A lot of us in thread have been playing since early release.

razterik

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/whatsnew.asp?d=101714

Angry Birds Epic character info is out.

Skill ups for Fuu, Ruka, Cinderella, Drake, Gryps, and a PADZ dragon.

That's not bad at all. Doesn't look like there's an invade. Lots of skill up work to be done. Most of these look like good low cost replacements for the original cards as well.

Still missing skill ups for blue/green riders, but I guess we are finally getting there.

And Blue Odin Tamadra seems to be in the new technical dragon dungeon. Wonder what other skill ups are there.

Jagernaut

I want Fuu and Dino Rider skillups, hope there are some already evolved drops or I'll have to spend a lot of time farming evo materials.

cw_sasuke

1) Figure out which team(s) you intend to use. For you it's U/Y and...?
2) If it's something you need to fill out your team right now or something you plan to use on your team later, keep.
3) If it's a REM only or a super-tough-to-get card (like TAMADRAs), keep.
4) If it's an evo mat that's tough to get or an evo mat you intend to use in the next several days, keep.
5) Feed or sell everything else.

I don't know if you have another viable lead to build around but I'd be on the lookout to making a fire-based team to deal with green-heavy dungeons that U/Y may struggle with. Most of the best leads are still REM only so it's mostly out of your control but something to keep in mind.
Thanks for the advice if possible I would like to keep my U&Y, dark, light and the resolve team right now.

Adding a fire based team would be nice as well, I could use the starter dragon for it... But I would probably run in box capacity issues.

Hmmmm...
Post your box here, we can always point you in the right direction. A lot of us in thread have been playing since early release.
Thanks, I uploaded my current box here.

https://www.padherder.com/user/cw_sasuke/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0;default,0

My main is the U&Y team, but lately I've been trying out dark and light mono teams with my Dragons as starter and depending on the choose friend i really can power through some dungeons.

I never payed much attention to the 2x Attack leaders once I got U&Y but with a friend you can get it to 4x attack an really increase your attack power.My dark team with persephone as a own changer on the boss stage has been great for some technical dungeons I played today, really surprising.

https://www.padherder.com/user/cw_sasuke/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0;default,0

My main is the U&Y team, but lately I've been trying out dark and light mono teams with my Dragons as starter and depending on the choose friend i really can power through some dungeons.

I never payed much attention to the 2x Attack leaders once I got U&Y but with a friend you can get it to 4x attack an really increase your attack power.My dark team with persephone as a own changer on the boss stage has been great for some technical dungeons I played today, really surprising.
Mono color teams can be great for farming stuff when you don't want to deal with matching 4 colors for U/Y. But I don't know if there's a need for both a mono-light and a mono-dark team. Your call though so if you feel a special attachment to those teams, disregard this piece of advice.

The common stuff I'm seeing in your box are the demons, fighters, chimeras, and ninjas. If you don't need them to fill out a team, they can be fed away or sold. Obviously, don't sell the ones with +eggs - feed them to one of your leads you intend to invest in instead.

Are you planning on evolving your pengdras? If you're really hurting for box space, consider feeding the unevolved ones (max level though). 9k on color vs 45k on color is a big difference (especially early on) but sometimes the box space and the stamina saved is more important.

What's your maximum box size right now?

Quantum

- going to be very happy if they announce PADz tomorrow with the release of the PADz REM mobs.

- having a terrible time trying to skill my DQXQ, I haven't had very many shiron drop, and have only had 1 skill up happen in all the mobs I've fed. (I guess the good news is I have a metric F-ton of pixies o.0)

- have not seen shiron outside of floor five, which is very different from the previous dungeons (I ended up with a bunch of extra warons)

- have not had a single invade of sunrich.

- have only been running master and a few legends.

- don't think I'm going to stone as I like DQXQ as a sub but don't see it as an end game leader.

- don't think I'm going to stone as I like DQXQ as a sub but don't see it as an end game leader.
Yeah I'm not overly concerned about DQXQ skill ups. Her active is nice, but at from crucial. I'm really curious how they plan on dealing in with her eventual ultimate. If they improve her leader skill in the same way as other combo leads, her active becomes trash. They could change the active skill in some way, but since they already released skill ups for her that could be weird.

How many pantheons are due for ultimates ahead of 3K?
Your dark team has some potential. You might consider trying to farm for a Vampire in Castle of Satan. He makes a great sub for a mono dark team and is a solid fit for UmiYama.

Hige

- have not seen shiron outside of floor five, which is very different from the previous dungeons (I ended up with a bunch of extra warons)
Did you farm the previous dungeons on expert/int? The 3K skill up monsters exclusively appear on floor 5 if you're on master or legend.

Quantum

Did you farm the previous dungeons on expert/int? The 3K skill up monsters exclusively appear on floor 5 if you're on master or legend.

In ancient ocean, Waron appeared outside of floor five on master - P&Dx has both shiron and waron listed under mobs that will appear on "normal" floors with the fairies being the invades on both master and on legend.

Are you sure that shiron does not appear on normal floors? using the information drop P&Dx and my previous experience with ancient ocean I tend to disagree.

that being said, I have not seen it outside of floor five so I am confused (looking through my previous screen shots because I think I have a multiple waron drop saved).

EDIT - I can't find the screen shot, but still confused.

Hige

In ancient ocean, Waron appeared outside of floor five on master - P&Dx has both shiron and waron listed under mobs that will appear on "normal" floors with the fairies being the invades on both master and on legend.

Are you sure that shiron does not appear on normal floors? using the information drop P&Dx and my previous experience with ancient ocean I tend to disagree.
I think PADX is wrong. PadGuide doesn't show it's possible and I maxed Sun Quan and Liu Bei (on master) without ever seeing one outside of floor 5.

Android user may want to wait on Lolipop?

As many of you may know, today Google announced the release of the new version of Android, 5.0 Lollipop.
Among the new features provided is the transition from Dalvik to ART runtime.
What this means is that there are new performance enhancements, but apps must be optimized to accomodate the change. Those that do not will not open or work properly.
It was first introduced with 4.4 Kit Kat last November, but was an optional feature and automatically disabled so not all applications worked on both runtime applications.
As of today, ART is not supported by PAD. (http://www.androidruntime.com/list)

Based on this, I am a little concerned about how this will work in the future.
Will users that move to Android 5.0 when it comes out not be able to play PAD?
I believe that this will influence many people on this forum about migrating to the new version.
Since 5.0 Lollipop will be pushed to select android handsets (first the nexus family of devices) within the next few weeks, will PAD adjust by then?

My Nexus 7 won't update till it's 100% pad compatible.

Tobe

man i just bummed, skilling up dragon rider seems way harder than enchilada. more than 30 for just 1 skill up its sad :(

Pulled 5 times for the Players Choice Carnival. Got a Marine Rider and a Hanzo (!). Stoked that I can make a good Pandora team and a good Dmeta team now.

My REM luck >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> my skill up luck

cw_sasuke

Man, the Shrine of Spirits-Expert dungeon is tougher than expected. Also made me realize that i never actually beat it and probably got all my Dublits from the PAL Egg machine. Shit. These mofos on floor 4 (where i died) are hitting hard as well.

And with 25 stamina the costs are quite high, so i probably dont have more than 2 chances left.

Probably will have to try out Epic Drops Zombie/Resolve team again, though they were all synched on floor 4 i think so this would be my end anyway. Not too mention i dont think i could do enough damage to kill them off with my resolve team....hmm....shit...lol.

Mono color teams can be great for farming stuff when you don't want to deal with matching 4 colors for U/Y. But I don't know if there's a need for both a mono-light and a mono-dark team. Your call though so if you feel a special attachment to those teams, disregard this piece of advice.

The common stuff I'm seeing in your box are the demons, fighters, chimeras, and ninjas. If you don't need them to fill out a team, they can be fed away or sold. Obviously, don't sell the ones with +eggs - feed them to one of your leads you intend to invest in instead.

Are you planning on evolving your pengdras? If you're really hurting for box space, consider feeding the unevolved ones (max level though). 9k on color vs 45k on color is a big difference (especially early on) but sometimes the box space and the stamina saved is more important.

What's your maximum box size right now?

NO, you are right i will focus on less teams and make sure that they improve at a faster rate. I will drop the Light team, because i hater the Light Dragon anyway and only started it because i got the Keeper of Gold.

Thanks for the +egg advice, didnt even know that feeding them to your leaders or main monsters was a thing to do.

I have exactly 100 boxes as of now and i wanted to look into evolving Pengdras once i sorted out the space issue.

Your dark team has some potential. You might consider trying to farm for a Vampire in Castle of Satan. He makes a great sub for a mono dark team and is a solid fit for UmiYama.

Thanks, i will look for the Vampire - but the guy is really rare. Saw him once in the last 5 days but of course he got a way. Is their as Stage in CoS where he prefers to appear ?

Yeah Shrine of Spirits is harder cause of the lower cd. The good news is that they only have 10 HP so they're easier to kill than masks, especially with orb saving.

Hastati

Has anyone 0-stoned Izanami in the rank 130's? I don't have the cost to accommodate gravities with a Kirin team and seem to be a couple thousand under the HP threshold (which is like 17k). Any advice?

cw_sasuke

Yeah Shrine of Spirits is harder cause of the lower cd. The good news is that they only have 10 HP so they're easier to kill than masks, especially with orb saving.

Wait even the Dub-lits ( well the bigger ones) ? Could have sword in hit them with regular attack in the hundreds without doing much damage. If thats the case i need to try again with the Resolve/Zombie team.

Cels

Wait even the Dub-lits ( well the bigger ones) ? Could have sword in hit them with regular attack in the hundreds without doing much damage. If thats the case i need to try again with the Resolve/Zombie team.

yeah they all have 10hp, except the dub-mythlit (prismatic colored guy) which has 15. they have 100k defense though which is why you only do 1 damage to them per hit

cw_sasuke

yeah they all have 10hp, except the dub-mythlit (prismatic colored guy) which has 15. they have 100k defense though which is why you only do 1 damage to them per hit

Thanks, guess its Resolve team for another one :-D

btw. Is there a good source for getting always the latest apk ? Tried to play again and it wants to do another update via Google Play, but the Apps isnt available in the our Play Store. Even through evozzi it just downloads the version 6.5.4.

Sucks always have to lurk around google search for a current dl link...lol.

linsivvi

Thanks, guess its Resolve team for another one :-D

btw. Is there a good source for getting always the latest apk ? Tried to play again and it wants to do another update via Google Play, but the Apps isnt available in the our Play Store. Even through evozzi it just downloads the version 6.5.4.

Sucks always have to lurk around google search for a current dl link...lol.

Use this Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/apk-downloader/obhlfmheblhjhkmacldlhdnbgbaiigba

Once you've downloaded the APK. You should be able to upgrade it directly from your phone.

cw_sasuke

Ducarmel

green lit

Do you mean Emelit or Dub-emelit

If its emlit you want dungeon of green is at 1.5x, 1 or 2 runs should get you at least 1

If Dub-emelit, disregard I doubt you made it to Mars Crater yet.

cw_sasuke

Its the Dub-emelit i need for the U&Y evo.

After that i will try to get a Vampire to add to my dark team, seems like he is an essential member of any mono dark team.

Welp, finally archdemons again. Sucks that it's a triple pantheon. Hope I can avoid dupes (Horus/Bastet/Hermes/Persephone). Really want FA Luci, Amon, Belial, Ares. Could use Astaroth, Ra, Isis, Anubis. Might blow all 50 of my remaining stones on this.

cw_sasuke

YES - Resolve teams ftw ;-)
Got the Dub-emelit
3AQmK.gif

Say Hello to my new friend.

Next stop getting a Vampire. And maybe evolving my Marine Rider - is the upgrade worth the cost ? Well i got him already on lvl 50.

Uthred

Opened my alt account for the first time in ages, I basically never play it, I'd forgotten its a wonderland where all the rolls I want for my main account appear, 2 Ronias, BValk, Bastet, Astaroth, Odin etc. If I hadnt thrown a fair bit of cash at my main account I'd be tempted to switch. I know theyll never introduce trading, but if they did I'd empty this account so fast

Top Bottom