• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Tobe

that one badpy :) my first hypermax, DTRON finally finished.

guys would you recommend using my red piis on raoh? kenshiro? i have minerva and her evo mats(need to evolve ur first tho) is she worth it?

edit: lol new page

I only have two five star gods, Freyr and Archangel Lucifer. I also have the four star god incarnation of bayakko, haku.

I'm only Rank 40, though, so I've been grinding just to get my rank up to use them.

Also, anyone have any tips for grinding?
I think at your level especially you should be waiting for a godfest to use your stones. You really want to maximize your shot at getting something good.

As for grinding, the usual advice is Tower of Giants, Dragons of the Tower on the weekends. You should be able to grind it nonstop up to lvl 100 or so. It's mind numbing, but the team cost is so important early on.

jiggle

I only have two five star gods, Freyr and Archangel Lucifer. I also have the four star god incarnation of bayakko, haku.

I'm only Rank 40, though, so I've been grinding just to get my rank up to use them.

Also, anyone have any tips for grinding?

haku is ur best bet
make lots of haku friends
make sure your party has all 3 elements present, fire/water/dark
grind tower of giant
sell everything from there except for dragon plants
once you have 2-3 dragon plants
hop on over to technical dungeon to farm some pengdras
evolve the pengdras with the dragon plant and feed them to your party, they are worth 30-45k xp each
this lets you rank up and power level your monsters at the same time!

don't waste your magic stones rolling new monsters unless it's during godfest
use the magic stone VERY sparingly on expanding monster box
assuming you are trying to avoid IAP :)

most importantly
don't roll on the PAL egg Machine unless "Rare at Pal Egg Machine" is up
you can check www.puzzledragonx.com for schedule

haku is ur best bet
make lots of haku friends
make sure your party has all 3 elements present, fire/water/dark
grind tower of giant
sell everything from there except for dragon plants
once you have 2-3 dragon plants
hop on over to technical dungeon to farm some pengdras
evolve the pengdras with the dragon plant and feed them to your party, they are worth 30-45k each
this lets you rank up and power level your monsters at the same time!

don't waste your magic stones rolling new monsters unless it's during godfest
use the magic stone VERY sparingly on expanding monster box

Wouldn't I need the other elements? Or would Haku make it a non issue?

Whoever proposed the "Gungho gives you whatever fruit you have an abundance of" theory may be on to something. I fed away my red fruits and just got 4 blues in a row. /smallsamplesize

mike23

I'm trying to work my way into some tougher dungeons and I was wondering if I could get some tips on my teams and what would be best to focus on.

Right now I'm spreading my self thin across attacker, dragon, healer, and Urd teams and I think I need to focus my efforts a bit.

I'm also interested in some good farmable monsters to complement my team, if there are any suggestions.

I'm currently rank 98.

https://www.padherder.com/user/idconvict/monsters

Raika

Whoever proposed the "Gungho gives you whatever fruit you have an abundance of" theory may be on to something. I fed away my red fruits and just got 4 blues in a row. /smallsamplesize

Every Thursday I run Trifruits like mad, I have both Ronia and Gonia thus there should be a 2/3 chance of getting what I want from the dungeon every run. There is really no way I should be feeling frustration with these odds, right?

But guess which color fruit drops the most.

*headdesk*

Tobe

im starting to believe this. tried a bit of it and when i had no other fruits beside 1 red, dropped red. so fuck the other fruits.

Maid

Banned
I'm not even sure if it's right or not, but I fed away all my stockpiled blue and yellow fruits, ran the dungeon once again, and finally got the red fruit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

razterik

that one badpy :) my first hypermax, DTRON finally finished.

guys would you recommend using my red piis on raoh? kenshiro? i have minerva and her evo mats(need to evolve ur first tho) is she worth it?

edit: lol new page

Minerva! Heh. Raoh has a skill up in the collab dungeon, so I wouldn't use piis on him unless desperate. It will probably be a few months until it returns, though. I don't really care for Kenshiro's skill much, so I'm not sure it's worth it.

I'm trying to work my way into some tougher dungeons and I was wondering if I could get some tips on my teams and what would be best to focus on.

Right now I'm spreading my self thin across attacker, dragon, healer, and Urd teams and I think I need to focus my efforts a bit.

I'm also interested in some good farmable monsters to complement my team, if there are any suggestions.

I'm currently rank 98.

https://www.padherder.com/user/idconvict/monsters

Urd looks like your best bet. Maybe use Mamiya, red/blue Shiva, Gigas, Echidna. The Tyrannos will get a decent ultimate evolution for this team in the future. guan yu isn't a bad choice either. I would focus on getting those cards max leveled and evolved, try to max skill Gigas and Echidna, save up as many red dragon fruits as possible for the next time rare material skills change again and then feed them to Urd.

Had so little time to play lately. Chucked over 150 stamina today because I was too close to rank up. Feels bad.

Not really excited for Light Kali uevo anymore. Art is still great, but it didn't seem to change her lineup or capabilities much compared to Kirin's uevo. I was hoping for a survival boost, but got damage instead. Two prongs and six combos were already enough at 25x. Hope Goemon makes out like a bandit. Red bias!

JP Godfest: Had enough for two pulls after beating Kaguya. Red Chester and Shiva. Amazing. Perfect for my Ronia/Minerva/Tomato teams.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Challenged Lvl 1-4 done - Tama get, nice.

I will take Revenge on the Py enemies this time, couldnt beat them last time but this time im bringing Droid Dragon
LLShC.gif

btw. Also put up Verdandi as a leader since i maxed her, so if anyone wants to try her out...she is all yours xD

Maid

Banned
I see that we're going to have the Grimmoires Descend dungeon. Not sure if I will have any use for them, but I do want to collect them all.

Quantum

I've been making so many silly mistakes - this morning - meant to hit the pal machine - hit the REM machine by accident.

WTF?

- star egg - crap.

- why is there no confirmation - did you want to roll in this machine?
- its done before entering every level...

pix

I was wondering if anyone has a Siren or blue auto healer I could use for a zombie team for Friday's dungeon? I have a blue Ogre and 4 other blue sprites. My FC is 340,491,296.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Corrected FC

Jagernaut

That's how I felt after I ultimate evolved DTron. So easy compared to the old days of gambling with a Zeus team trying to get the right amount of damage.

raiot

Congrats, I'm still holding on to mine for Batman (and maybe Hades) before spending them on Dmeta.

I dont get that you rather feed Hades then DMeta?
Don't you have a Hanzo?
I have 3 Dark Pii lying around in my box because I cant decide if they should go to Beelze or Hades... or if I should just safe them.

Jagernaut

Not officially announced yet but puzzledragonx.com says the Godfest is starting in 17 hours and will be Japanese 1, Japanese 2, and Heroes.

I already have

4/5 Japanese 1 - missing Hinokagutsuchi
2/5 Japanese 2 - have Ame and U&Y
2/5 Heroes - have Yamato and Wukong

I really want Pandora, Andromeda, and Izanagi.

Japanese 1, 2, and Heroes?

Japanese 1 - All but Orochi - Japanese 1 is next for "awoken" Ults after the Indian gods
Japanese 2 - U&Y, Izanagi, and Ame
Heroes - Only Perseus

Tempted... I may pull once. Just for the chance to get those godfest exclusives... and because I hit 800 days today...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I will pull again for DKali but i also would be fine with a Hero God since i dont have any of them. But past experiences tell me that i will pull a forth U&Y
3AQmK.gif

smbu2000

Ah, I used my 5 red orbs to try and skill up my Leilan. Now I don't have one for LKali. Went 0/5 yesterday on Kanetsugu, no invades.

Max skilled the Andromeda on my iPad. My Skuld team is looking better and better.
Still have a lot of blue fairies I need to evolve for Andromeda on my iPhone.

Well....nevermind. I thought No duplicate cards rule was only your own cards and not for the Friend Leader as well. That sucks.

Guess i have a reason to evolve my 3rd U&Y at some point -.-

Edit:

Or is there another unit that can is a fit for U&Y Leader ?
You can always go with a Horus or DXQX friend, to match any 4 colors. LKali friend or Ra friend if you're confident in matching all 5 colors.

Just remember when you're setting up your party to put the character with dark in your leftmost spot, nearest to your leader. Otherwise that small bit of dark absorb might keep Raphael alive.

I just failed it myself during this past Descend Challenge. Sandalfon had less than 10% HP, messed up my combo at the end... Couldn't continue or I would have as I need one for Venus.

Apparently they updated Venus active skill. Enhance light orbs and 6 second change the world. Max skilled at 5 turns.

Overall excellent. Will definitely skill up and use on any light team I am using.
Did they announce a change to the amount of turns for max skilled Venus? When I checked the official page all I saw was the addition of the light orb enhance. It should still be at 6 turns unless there is something I missed.

I dont get that you rather feed Hades then DMeta?
Don't you have a Hanzo?
I have 3 Dark Pii lying around in my box because I cant decide if they should go to Beelze or Hades... or if I should just safe them.
Max skilling Dmeta seems like a luxury more than anything. Dmeta teams have tons of skill boosts so the skill is typically up on the first floor (except when I run Seaway with a Lilith sub but I can use a skill 2 friend plus Pandora ult will get me the extra skill boost eventually). You rarely need three uses of the shield in one run. Which means a skilled Dmeta would only be useful if I use Byakko/Pandora on dungeons that may one shot me first floor before I clear the floor (which isn't that many because I'll use a different team in that case lol).

I don't want to stall for Gravity World if I don't have to.

I don't particularly need anything from this godfest. Susano or Kushi would be nice for the defense. I could make use of Yomi, but now that I have DKali it's not so necessary. I also don't have any Heroes yet, so pulling one of them could be fun. I'll give it a roll or two.
Japanese 1 - All but Orochi - Japanese 1 is next for "awoken" Ults after the Indian gods
Didn't they announce that Egyptian 1 was next?

I only have Kushi, LKali, U&Y from this Godfest... Might Yolo pull once

Just remember when you're setting up your party to put the character with dark in your leftmost spot, nearest to your leader. Otherwise that small bit of dark absorb might keep Raphael alive.

Sub order actually matters?

Didn't they announce that Egyptian 1 was next?

oh they announced it? nevermind, I just assumed based on the fact that Japanese 1 was between Greek 1 and Indian gods.

I hope if they do awaken Egyptian 1 next that would be awesome! I still have never fully ulted my Ra, Anubis or my second bastet.

Anyone have some tips for Shrine of Spirits Expert? I keep getting wrecked even at lvl 79, most of my stuff is maxed/almost there and their evos need the stuff from this place :/

raiot

Max skilling Dmeta seems like a luxury more than anything. Dmeta teams have tons of skill boosts so the skill is typically up on the first floor (except when I run Seaway with a Lilith sub but I can use a skill 2 friend plus Pandora ult will get me the extra skill boost eventually). You rarely need three uses of the shield in one run. Which means a skilled Dmeta would only be useful if I use Byakko/Pandora on dungeons that may one shot me first floor before I clear the floor (which isn't that many because I'll use a different team in that case lol).

I don't want to stall for Gravity World if I don't have to.

Hm, my DMeta saved my ass more then one time when using it in a Pandora Team.

Silent_Z

Anyone have some tips for Shrine of Spirits Expert? I keep getting wrecked even at lvl 79, most of my stuff is maxed/almost there and their evos need the stuff from this place :/

Mono-dark team with multiple Rainbow Keepers and a leader that boosts HP is probably the easiest. Other mono-color high HP is also a valid option. At low levels, you won't break anything's defense, so it's all about getting as many hits in as possible, which is easiest with mono-color.

Mono-dark team with multiple Rainbow Keepers and a leader that boosts HP is probably the easiest. Other mono-color high HP is also a valid option. At low levels, you won't break anything's defense, so it's all about getting as many hits in as possible, which is easiest with mono-color.

I'll give that a try. I have Batman as a leader (trying to get the black spirits to evo him) and a single keeper. Also have a red team that could be lead by Valkyrie, a few others as well. Just gotta try and see which one works I guess and get lucky.

Top Bottom