• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Jagernaut

3 pulls.

Loki - my third, will feed away for his plus egg
Dark Golem Mk 3 - dupe, fed for awakening
Snow White

Nothing from the godfest, really wanted Pandora. Another poor godfest.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
😳

Can you please pull for me in all future events? I've never had haul like that and would kill for half those mobs.

2 ronias is actually a very good thing. She's the best sub on her own team and paid with Beelzebub or lu bu.
I was in a hurry because I pulled before entering the gym... Just left and checked again actually I pulled Light Meta and not DMeta. That's actually a nice card I don't own.

Good to know that Ronia is a good sub for get own team, I need to look into it once I'm home.

Do we know when the next Players Choice event will be? I hope it's a bit further a way so I can save up some stones for the Kali cards.

BTW. I feel for your bad skill up luck, I mean I am crazy disappointed when I can't skill up my Lilith via Ghostrings.... I don't know how I can ha die leveling, evolving and then failing.... I wish they would somehow revamp the system so that at least one skill up is guaranteed if you put in 5 cards via power up.

Maid

Banned
Make it like Summon Board is the great improvement over what we have right now. Like this:

SLv1→2 100%
SLv2→3 75%
SLv3→4 50%
SLv4→5 25%
Higher 10%

At least it will make you feel like getting maxed skill is a hard progress, but isn't as frustrating for beginner.

30 stones spent for D.Kali - didn't get her, I won't bother pulling anymore until she is like the No. 1 pick if a Players choice.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the position doesn't relevant to the drop rate, right? I thought all top 30 have the same drop rate.

colinp

Banned
I hate how no one runs Bastet, Kushi or Isis on weekends anymore. Really screws with my running the weekend dungeon with Ganesha.

Quantum

- red sky wizard chester
- green kight, delgado
- Amon (have 2 - not used)

Two new rolls, although I don't have teams currently for either. Continuing to be Non-IAP since chibi.

pix

My pulls:

Urd
LMeta
Guan Yu

Siren
Pierdawn
Susano
LKali

Okuninushi
Lemon Dragon
Mystic Stone Knight
Kushinadahime
Pierdawn

And one last YOLO pull.... D Kali.

Haven't played this game in a while... thoughts?

Parvati clearing extreme dragon rush.

http://youtu.be/4QyRurXLihk

Speaking of this I was looking at my subs and wonder how this team would do.

Parvati-Leader skill: Wood attribute cards ATK x2.5, RCV x1.5. ATK x2 when simultaneously clearing 5 connected Heart orbs. Active:Change Water orbs to Heart orbs. Enhance Heart orbs. +6% per orb, up to +180% for full board.
Parvati
Ult Kano-Change Water & Light orbs to Heart orbs.
Verdandi-Change all orbs to Fire, Wood & Heart orbs.
Ult AA Michael-Change Light orbs to Wood orbs, Dark orbs to Heart orbs. Enhance Heart orbs. +6% per orb, up to +180% for full board. ( Japanese version )
Parvati

6 Skill Ups
2 Row Enhancements
7 Twin prong attacks

Other possible subs:
Grodin
Vishnu
Green Arrow
Freyja
Heracles
ADK
Robin
Wonder Woman

Kreed

Did 3 pulls in the God Fest:

Okuninushi
Kushinadahime
Guan Yu

Didn't have any of these so that's already an improvement from my last God Fest Pulls. I'm definitely happy about Kushinadahime as I like playing with Anubis but his leader skill is too hard to activate consistently in regular dungeons. Not too sure about the other two with today's content, particularly Guan Yu, but considering all three are due for Awoken forms (Guan Yu doesn't even have an ultimate yet), I'll definitely level all three up.

Good to know that Ronia is a good sub for get own team, I need to look into it once I'm home.

The biggest advantage to having an additional Red Sonia sub is her Active skill and her awakenings. With a Red Sonia lead + Friend and a Red Sonia sub, that's 3 floor clears minimum for the average Descend dungeon (more effective when you have a orb enhance and/or a Devil Attack multiplier sub). Having access to another Red Sonia also makes it easier to use other Devil Leads in dungeons that require multiple uses of Red Sonia's active to clear floors.

yami4ct

Decided to use all my pulls anyway because, screw it. Got

L. Meta (Dupe, what am I gonna do with 2?)
GrOdin (2x Dupe. Now I have 3. Huh)
Kano (Garbage)
Kushinadahime (Would be excited if I didn't have Bastet. Not sure if she's useful to me)
Dragon Samurai (No clue what this is. Silver egg. Seems kinda garbage)
Jester Wizard, Chester (Wait, who?)
Yamato Takeru (Yay a hero! Not sure if he's any good)
Umishachi&Yamasachi (Best possible non-Godfest Exclusive pull, I'd say. Besides Pandora. Real excited for this one)

Overall, I guess I was fairly successful. No clue why the machine keeps throwing me dupes of the Exclusives I already have. That's dumb.

yami4ct

Dragon Samurai is a good atk booster for dragon teams. I would use him on my D/L Fagan team.

The thought of playing a dragon team in general has kind of never even popped into my head for me, but I might need to check him out. Maybe he's less garbage than I thought.

Going to update my PADHerder and ask for some tips here soon. I have a bevy of team options, yet I feel like I'm stagnating with Kirin. Need to define a path going forward.

I really want a Dragon Samurai. He would be the final piece to my Fagan team (well, also Ronia but I've all but given up on her). My most/only wanted silver egg.

yami4ct

Alright guys, here's my updated PADHerder.

https://www.padherder.com/user/yami4ct/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0;boxatt,0

I'm feeling a little bit burned out on my kirin and L.meta teams, so I'm ready for something new. My two main teams are

L.Meta/Valk/Echidna/Bastet/Shynee and
Kirin/Valk/Verche/L.Kali/L.Meta

Looking just myself, I have a crap ton of red REM subs, so maybe a mono red. In that case would a Yamato Takeru be the best bet? What should I be running there? I also have Persephone and a ton of dark pulls. Would that be the next bet? U&Y seem a bit too similar to Kirin, but is there something interesting that could be made there? Maybe something with Lakshmi? The curse of too many options, I have no clue where to go next.

I really want a Dragon Samurai. He would be the final piece to my Fagan team (well, also Ronia but I've all but given up on her). My most/only wanted silver egg.

Huh. Maybe I should check out finally getting a Fagan and make use of this guy.

Tobe

No stones for rolling but damn iap itch is killing me. Really want pandora andromeda and yamato. I have all the subs for them.

I finally got my blue jewel and evolved blue valk, im missing red and green valk.

For red you could easily go Yamato or Krishna. RValk and Leilan get automatic slot for both imo. I would do something like:

Yamato, RValk, Leilan, Uriel, ??, Yamato

Krishna, RValk, Leilan, Kagu, ??, Krishna

Last slot on Yamato should go to Freyr if you need a burst or maybe Kagu. Krishna's last slot should be Uriel probably, to help with RCV and for the big red board with Leilan. You could also put Yamato there.

Edit: skill ups are super important with these teams. Not a lot of survivability, so crucial to have those orb changers up when you need them.

cw_sasuke

I have run Ocean of Heaven the whole day...0 Mask drops, dont remember it being that bad before - this sucks.

But running it provided me with the couple missing +eggs for my first +297 unit. Based U&Y
EWmof.gif

2015-03-14-17-52-230vr8g.png

Correct me if I'm wrong but the position doesn't relevant to the drop rate, right? I thought all top 30 have the same drop rate.

You are right, i just want her being featured in the Players Choice and save some orbs until there.

The biggest advantage to having an additional Red Sonia sub is her Active skill and her awakenings. With a Red Sonia lead + Friend and a Red Sonia sub, that's 3 floor clears minimum for the average Descend dungeon (more effective when you have a orb enhance and/or a Devil Attack multiplier sub). Having access to another Red Sonia also makes it easier to use other Devil Leads in dungeons that require multiple uses of Red Sonia's active to clear floors.

Alright thanks, that makes much sense.

What does the "perfect" Ronia team look like ?

1. Ronia, Persephone, King Baddie, LuBu, Vampire Lord Friend LuBu/Beelzebub

2. Ronia, Shiva, LuBu, King Baddie, Echidna - Friend Ronia

These are two sets i have been working on. Where does a 2nd Ronia fit in here ? I can probably take out King Baddie or LuBu for her. Also Ronias cooldown is very high since i havent skilled her up, maybe a 2nd Ronias makes less sense in this team...then again she also offers +2 skill points.

Edit.

To be honest I'm just looking for a Ronia setup that can clear the Thursday Dungeon.... And maybe the Friday Dungeon.

yami4ct

For red you could easily go Yamato or Krishna. RValk and Leilan get automatic slot for both imo. I would do something like:

Yamato, RValk, Leilan, Uriel, ??, Yamato

Krishna, RValk, Leilan, Kagu, ??, Krishna

Last slot on Yamato should go to Freyr if you need a burst or maybe Kagu. Krishna's last slot should be Uriel probably, to help with RCV and for the big red board with Leilan. You could also put Yamato there.

Edit: skill ups are super important with these teams. Not a lot of survivability, so crucial to have those orb changers up when you need them.

Cool. Good to know. Working on skilups for Yamato himself, since his survey dungeon is going. Should be able to at least get 2-3 on him by the time this is all done. Red Valk is of course trivial. That leaves Uriel and Leilan. Both seem like they're going to be rather tricky. Uriel at least has Zeus Vulcan, but not sure if I can clear that even with my current Kirin setup. Maybe. Hopefully Mystic Fire hits coin dungeons soon. Has Red Chaser seriously not gotten a Survey Dungeon yet? Is that likely going to happen? Without that, I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to skillup her.

I do have a couple Flampys, so I can get a couple free skillups. I guess Leilan is the right choice for those. Am I correct?

cw_sasuke

I just pulled a GZL. Can anyone recommend me a team setup to work towards?

GZL is awesome, the best subs are probably Sasuke, Marine Rider Robin, CuChu/Green Valk, Avalon Drake, Athena, ADK ( if you need one more orb changer). As long as you can provide the orbs for TPA attacks he should take out everything. Oh and the new Liu Bei is probably also a Top Tier sub with his 3x TPA.

Kushi is probably also essential if you wanna take on tougher descendants with GZL.

I run this GZL team right now: GZL, GZL, Marine Rider, Verdandi, CuChu

Which made me just realize that my standard team has 100% skill lock resistance lol.

Uthred

Pulled once, wanted Kushinadehime, but no better than to really expect anything, got Pandora (no idea about her but she seems popular?). Let the gold egg go to my head and pulled again, dupe Midgard. Clearly should have stuck to YOLO

Okamid3n

I need 3 more skillups for yamato and I have 20 fairies saved up...that should be enough.

Maybe.

But I want to start tackling the challenge dungeon instead of spending all my stamina on this.

The worst part of having to evo skillup materials isn't farming for the evo mat, it's not knowing how many skill-up fodder you'll need.

smbu2000

Didn't have too much luck in this latest GF.

iPad: 2 gold, 3 silver. Osiris (dupe) and troll gold, Golem mk-3

iPhone: 2 gold, 1 silver. Osiris and GRodin (#3)

Did get a woodpy to drop running the coin dungeon on my iPad, yay!

Max skilled the Kushi and one away from max skilling U&Y no.1 on my iPhone.

I have run Ocean of Heaven the whole day...0 Mask drops, dont remember it being that bad before - this sucks.

But running it provided me with the couple missing +eggs for my first +297 unit. Based U&Y
Congrats on the 297! Now you just need to max skill U&Y. Do you have a team for Seaway?

Decided to use all my pulls anyway because, screw it. Got

Dragon Samurai (No clue what this is. Silver egg. Seems kinda garbage)
I use dragon samurai (shogun after evo) on my DMeta team. I don't have a Durga/Lu Bu to reduce my HP, so making poison drops is the next best thing to reduce my HP under 80%. Useful for when starting a dungeon or when bosses auto heal you at the start of a battle.

yami4ct

I need 3 more skillups for yamato and I have 20 fairies saved up...that should be enough.

Maybe.

But I want to start tackling the challenge dungeon instead of spending all my stamina on this.

The worst part of having to evo skillup materials isn't farming for the evo mat, it's not knowing how many skill-up fodder you'll need.

I usually ascribe to the 5/level and maybe 50% more for good measure, so I'd say you're probably close enough. Hasn't worked out too well on my L.Meta, though. Have fed 20 and only gotten 2 skill ups. Hopefully I can get 2-3 more out of my remaining 16.

hermit7

Decent enough God fest. Rolled 6 times and got another ronia and a second verdandi. Opinions on teams for her? I was thinking of Awoken Parvati, verd, verd, lei bei, flex / Parvati.

Ideal flex spot? I was thinking maybe kush for some damage reduction. Another option could also be perseus I suppose as well. Which would leave me with 4 orb changers three of which make hearts as well.

tr4656

Decent enough God fest. Rolled 6 times and got another ronia and a second verdandi. Opinions on teams for her? I was thinking of Awoken Parvati, verd, verd, lei bei, flex / Parvati.

Ideal flex spot? I was thinking maybe kush for some damage reduction. Another option could also be perseus I suppose as well. Which would leave me with 4 orb changers three of which make hearts as well.

Either of those would be fine and it would depend on dunegon.

NineH

Five rolls, 4 golds. All dupes though ugh

salamander
dark golem mk. iii
2nd amaterasu
3rd sarutobi sasuke
3rd kagutsuchi

Yes! Dual Awoken Kagutsuchi is used for several red team builds, like Krishna. Also as Dark Fagan subs.

At least this is good to hear though I was planning to just make all of the UEVOs since I have three of them now

hermit7

I rolled 2 more times and finally after nearly 2 years I rolled a dmeta. With super metals tomorrow going to level and Evo her tomorrow.

Thoughts on this team?
Dmeta
Dvalk
Haku
Pandora
Hanzo
Dmeta?

When pandoras ult comes out it will have 11 boosts and 10 rows. What is nice is all of the cards the are listed aside from the dmeta are all max leveled and awoken so hopefully I can find some friends soon.

Edit also look what I did today (only one woodpy everything else farmed skill ups)

OxOX5lo

raiot

Grats hermit! This is pretty much the perfect dmeta team! I'm still missing valk and have to sub in gryps or persephone

cw_sasuke

LOL me too, only a few weeks ago I had a stock pile of them, and they were dropping every OoH run. I need one for Hera Beorc so I can EVO Ceres

I feel you after a dozen of runs i got 2 of them in my last run - which was enough to evolve Shiva. Did a couple more after that no luck...weird.
Congrats on the 297! Now you just need to max skill U&Y. Do you have a team for Seaway?

Thanks man :)
I havent done Seaway yet but im planning to use my UY team and switch out Yomi for Lilith once i have max skilled her. Only have 2 levels missing but havent gotten a skill up in a while...

UY/Grodin/Kushi/SunQuan/Lilith/UY

Thats what i have in mind. Maybe i will take out SunQuan as well since he has no skillup ...which reminds me i need to max skill Echidna as well, still at S. Lvl 1 - but Nagas drop rate is terrible and she doesnt have a skill up monster.

Top Bottom