• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

Apparently they updated Venus active skill. Enhance light orbs and 6 second change the world. Max skilled at 5 turns.

Overall excellent. Will definitely skill up and use on any light team I am using.

FZZ

Banned
I have all the mats for LKali and Lubu

I guess the 7 KoG and 4 Jewel of Fire I got from the PEM ended up being useful after all lol

Kwhit10

I've had a red jewel and kotg for the longest time from pal egg. So glad I can use them for lkali though I only use her as a sub for unto UY. Though my dkali might be a better sub for UY, she isn't awoken or leveled up yet.

jay23

Lu bu requires a devilit -_- now I'm torn whether I should use it on Shiva or not. Which will help me complete Friday mythical?

Gift from the holy beast is a huge relief. I'm with you guys we need a more reliable way of getting jewels.

Also still not sure what I'm going to do with my dqxq.

tr4656

Rolled through Kaguya Descended on Legendary without breaking a sweat. Don't think Mythical is going to be a major challenge either.
It's not.
Lu bu requires a devilit -_- now I'm torn whether I should use it on Shiva or not. Which will help me complete Friday mythical?

Gift from the holy beast is a huge relief. I'm with you guys we need a more reliable way of getting jewels.

Also still not sure what I'm going to do with my dqxq.

Shiva probably.

Tobe

Apparently they updated Venus active skill. Enhance light orbs and 6 second change the world. Max skilled at 5 turns.

Overall excellent. Will definitely skill up and use on any light team I am using.
Hope that meand yomi is next. Change the world on 5 turns??? Godlike

J0dy77

I really need a much more reliable way of getting those jewels.

I agree.
I think these jewels are the main reason I got burnt out, there's no effective way to farm them & almost always it'll cost you stones.
At first we accepted them when evo materials were reasonable & you have to get a jewel or two.
Now, even "average" evos require 3 or more!

I may be in the minority but I actually like the Jewel system. In the past I would run a descended for a stone and completion/collection then be done with it. I really had no desire to hunt under average active skill ups. This gives me a reason to keep running them and isn't terrible when you accept that it takes time to collect them. I started hunting them back in December and have everything I want completed with a couple of low priority upgrades like Hera-IS and Fagan.

I've actually gotten a lot of useful skillups and some good experience from certain dungeons based on the rotation. My Hera-So is under leveled but already skill CD 9, can't wait to max her. You have to farm the easier descendeds when they're available regardless of the color to stock up. Satan, Athena, Hera-IS, Hera-Ur, Valk are all earlier dungeons and easier to complete. When 1.5x events are around like last event I went 2 of 4 on red jewels from Hera-UR. Like most other things in this game, it is a time sync.

It wouldn't be so bad if the leader skills and awakenings were worth the trouble, but in cases like Lakshmi and Parvati, they're barely upgrades from their previous ultimates (The ultimate forms of Siegfried and Cu Chulainn only make it worse). Meanwhile we are getting new god monsters with x6+ attack.

In cases like parvati? She's going to be an amazing lead after this UEVO. Beelzebub is amazing and 100% farmable because of the difficulty it takes to evolve him. If they made it easy, they wouldn't be able to make the cards so strong.

I'm even enjoying the feeding of descended mobs for Evo. It's kind of like tiering in an MMO. You have to clear certain content before opening another. But still, Eff Gaia!

Maid

Banned
I may be in the minority but I actually like the Jewel system. In the past I would run a descended for a stone and completion/collection then be done with it. I really had no desire to hunt under average active skill ups. This gives me a reason to keep running them and isn't terrible when you accept that it takes time to collect them. I started hunting them back in December and have everything I want completed with a couple of low priority upgrades like Hera-IS and Fagan.

I just want they make something like Summon Board. Like, running the dungeon 5 or 10 times, and you will get a certain reward. I'd take anything over RNG since I have shit luck for everything I do.

The last week I ran Satan 13 times and didn't get a single red jewel. I don't think that's what you want.

Actually, there are many things Gungho did in Summon Board that could make our life much more easier that I wish they just implement half of them in PAD. Like animation skipping for evolving/feeding, guild system, mission system, stamina refill at the start of each day, guerrilla dungeon notification, showing how many level up your monster get when feeding, etc. Stuff like that, obviously they know its existence, but for some reasons none of them got in PAD.

Now that NA is getting challenge dungeons at a regular rate it's not as difficult to get a collection of them.

The next step is to start awarding piis for Antonio doing well on stream, but lol at that

Isn't Kirin the only one without 2nd uevo? There could be another chance.
No way I'm going to abandon my Kirin.
Yeah. Not gonna abandon mine either. Still powerful and have way more hypermaxed Sakuya friends than LKali, though that won't matter with the friends update besides pal points. Sakuya also won a player vote for her ultimate like LKali. That's probably why she didn't get 2 forms. Still hoping for another ult too. Also, she's my only fully hypermaxed team, so I won't abandon her without a replacement and maybe not even then. The only monsters that would be "homeless" if I dropped Sakuya is Sakuya herself and maybe Apollo. But Apollo can still be used elsewhere whereas Sakuya really only fits on her own team. She may sit in +297 limbo along with Zeus awaiting their chance to become useful again or fed. Lol.

linsivvi

Now that NA is getting challenge dungeons at a regular rate it's not as difficult to get a collection of them.

The next step is to start awarding piis for Antonio doing well on stream, but lol at that

I hope eventually Piis will be like Tamadras and become easier and easier to get.

Probably will happen when Gungho moves on to the next tier of power creep.

ZeroAKA

I hope eventually Piis will be like Tamadras and become easier and easier to get.

Probably will happen when Gungho moves on to the next tier of power creep.
Jewels first please. I hate having to waste stamina on mythical descends only to have jewels not drop 90% of the time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So I wanna try Sandalphon later with this team.

UY/Grodin/SunQuan/Kushi/Yomi/UY

Anything I should be aware of? If Kushi gets bind will I still be able to use her unbind Awakening? I remember some Gaffers mentioning that you should bring Thanatos... Don't know exactly why though.

linsivvi

Anything I should be aware of? If Kushi gets bind will I still be able to use her unbind Awakening? I remember some Gaffers mentioning that you should bring Thanatos... Don't know exactly why though.

4th floor.

Safest way to clear Sandalphon is a 100% skill block immune team with a sub that can clear binds. P&D Bear is awesome for this dungeon.

I beat Sandalphon, but I was an idiot and burned stones to do it :/ Didn't read ahead but got wrecked by the dominions.

Because he can void light damage, I'd think.

cw_sasuke

4th floor.

Safest way to clear Sandalphon is a 100% skill block immune team with a sub that can clear binds. P&D Bear is awesome for this dungeon.

I have a GZL skill lock team and Kushi... But I'm not comfortable with the low Hp of the GZL team.
Alright but I don't have the resources to max awake the bear right now. Looking at PDX you have 5 turns to kill a 2.5 million Dominion... So he is only a problem of you can't kill him in time?

I beat Sandalphon, but I was an idiot and burned stones to do it :/ Didn't read ahead but got wrecked by the dominions.

Because he can void light damage, I'd think.
Hmm okay.. I think I'll try it but won't use Orbs if I fail.

linsivvi

Alright but I don't have the resources to max awake the bear right now. Looking at PDX you have 5 turns to kill a 2.5 million Dominion... So he is only a problem of you can't kill him in time?

Yeah, only a problem if you run a dark team. Otherwise it shouldn't matter.

10 turns of dark absorb, too

cw_sasuke

Well....nevermind. I thought No duplicate cards rule was only your own cards and not for the Friend Leader as well. That sucks.

Guess i have a reason to evolve my 3rd U&Y at some point -.-

Edit:

Or is there another unit that can is a fit for U&Y Leader ?

I've actually gotten a lot of useful skillups and some good experience from certain dungeons based on the rotation. My Hera-So is under leveled but already skill CD 9, can't wait to max her. You have to farm the easier descendeds when they're available regardless of the color to stock up. Satan, Athena, Hera-IS, Hera-Ur, Valk are all earlier dungeons and easier to complete. When 1.5x events are around like last event I went 2 of 4 on red jewels from Hera-UR. Like most other things in this game, it is a time sync.

In cases like parvati? She's going to be an amazing lead after this UEVO. Beelzebub is amazing and 100% farmable because of the difficulty it takes to evolve him. If they made it easy, they wouldn't be able to make the cards so strong.

I'm even enjoying the feeding of descended mobs for Evo. It's kind of like tiering in an MMO. You have to clear certain content before opening another. But still, Eff Gaia!
Gaia is easier than orb farming Hera-Ur lol.

making/keeping a low cost team is the only annoyance

inb4 use beelzebub/ronia

Well....nevermind. I thought No duplicate cards rule was only your own cards and not for the Friend Leader as well. That sucks.

Guess i have a reason to evolve my 3rd U&Y at some point -.-

Edit:

Or is there another unit that can is a fit for U&Y Leader ?

You should be able to use a Karin friend? Her 3 elements are in U&Y. Meimei too.

Jagernaut

Next event.

11025624_1030541700307755_6161577536008562599_n.png

*Hues of Green*
[Duration]: 3/13 (Fri) 12:00 AM - 3/22 (Sun) 11:59 PM (PDT)

Look around you; winter has passed and nature has woken up! Trees and plants have prepared for the spring season and started to color themselves with green. To celebrate this special occasion, we have a special event striking us, The Hues of Green!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
3/13 - 3/17 - 1 free Magic Stone
3/18 - 3/22 - 1 free Tamadra
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② Overcoming Obstacles!
There will be a giant wall that would stand in your way, no matter what. However these walls are not impossible to overcome, and we are giving you a chance to prepare for it!

3/14 - 3/15 - Ultimate God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
3/16 - 3/18 - Shadow Sprite
3/19 - 3/20 - Ultimate Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
3/21 - 3/22 - Ultimate Devil Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*

■ ③The Challenge Dungeons are back!
The 4th series of Challenge Dungeons has arrived for everyone to challenge! These dungeons will reward you rightfully to strengthen your team!

3/13 - 3/22 - Challenge Dungeon

■④Action Packed Collab
Can you defeat a giant that is larger than a skyscraper? Well, these brave heroes from Ragnarok Odyssey ACE can!

3/14 - RO ACE Collab!

See here for more details: http://on.fb.me/1rfiUnw

■⑤The Holy Beast is back!
Another Blessing has arrived from the Holy Beasts! This dungeon is quite challenging so be well prepared to receive the gift from the Holy Beast!

3/13 - 3/22 - Gift from the Holy Beasts
*Please note that ‘Gift from the Holy Beasts’ has a stamina cost of 50. If you do not meet the stamina requirements this dungeon will not appear in the Dungeon menu.

■⑥Let it Snow!
For the people who used the Snow Globe Dragons before the update, we have good news for you! Receive a Present Box in the Celestial Gift dungeon and evolve it for a brand new Snow Globe Dragon!

3/16 - 3/20 Celestial Gift

See here for details on the Fusion EXP update: http://on.fb.me/1C3V3ur

■⑦Special Event Content

3/21 - 3/22 - ??????????????

■⑧ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 3/13 to 3/22!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
3/13 - Kanetsugu!
3/14 - Cauchemar Descended!
3/15 - Hera-Ur Descended!
3/15 - Zhang Fei!!
3/16 - Takeminakata Descended!
3/16 - Xuanzang Descended!
3/17 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
3/17 - Gaia Descended!
3/18 - Wadatsumi Descended!
3/19 - Mephisto Descended!
3/20 - Beelzebub Descended!
3/21 - The Goddess Descended!
3/22 - The Thief Descended!

■⑨Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
3/13 - 3/22 - Rare Evo Materials

Dungeon Bonus:
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon
*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

How good is L Kali without Fuma? I don't have either, just wondering.

I feel you miss out on quite a lot without Fuma. I sadly lack Fuma. Though you can make a fairly strong team without him, and might be able to more than make up the damage thanks to two prongs. I'd run: Kali, LZhuge (enhance + prong), New Zeus/Hera ultimate, Red Odin (or some better red sub now that ZeuHera covers dark for me), Valk, Kali. You have a lot of flexibility though since Kali and ZeuHera cover all the required colors but blue. ZeuHera has a 23 cooldown 45% gravity. If both LKali have 2, ZueHera himself has 3, and Red Odin has 3. That's 8 turns of lowered cooldowns, which means a useable 15 turn 45% gravity. Fuck....

Kreed

Not really sure where Beelzebub came from? Beelzebub only has one ultimate, so he's not comparable to Parvati and Lakshmi, who already had two ultimates. In addition, his requirements aren't as steep IMO for his leader skill, active change, and awakenings. Crystal farming is annoying, but at least you can get lucky from the PAL machine on occasion. That's not the same as having to get descend monsters and ultimate evolve them (also getting their ultimate evo materials).

x25 attack potential is nice, but that's a lot of grinding for leader skills that are being overshadowed by other leads with lower material/time requirements. If all you have is Lakshmi and Parvati maybe this is worth it, but if you have everything needed to evolve these two, you probably have better leads anyway.

scottnak

I feel you miss out on quite a lot without Fuma. I sadly lack Fuma. Though you can make a fairly strong team without him, and might be able to more than make up the damage thanks to two prongs. I'd run: Kali, LZhuge (enhance + prong), New Zeus/Hera ultimate, Red Odin (or some better red sub now that ZeuHera covers dark for me), Valk, Kali. You have a lot of flexibility though since Kali and ZeuHera cover all the required colors but blue. ZeuHera has a 23 cooldown 45% gravity. If both LKali have 2, ZueHera himself has 3, and Red Odin has 3. That's 8 turns of lowered cooldowns, which means a useable 15 turn 45% gravity. Fuck....

I have been making do w/o Fuma with a mini-valk and snow white.

Snow white turns greens to hearts (and is also unbindable + has the heart-row bind heal!)
and Mini-Valk helps to turn them into yellows.

Incidentally Snow White was my first Lvl max card :)

So I just pulled Guardian Dragon, Avalon Drake from the REM, he looks stupid powerful for right after a pull, should I drop everything and beef him up?

Depends on what else you have, but Avalon Drake is a fairly sought after monster so you could certainly do worse.

Also pulling on the REM outside of godfest is asking for despair

Quantum

aaaargh!

I hate forgetting to activate King Shynee on the fruits. Ugh - such an stupid mistake, least other 4 runs were successful (1red,1yellow,2blue)

- today I had 2 blue fruit actually drop so was able to uvo sun quan.
- finalizing an LKali team - Lkali,Lkali,fuma,Yomi,SunQuan,Lkali
- I like it so far but have only run free dungeons, not sure where to use it vs. my other teams

wow:

tomorrow we actually get 1 badpy, 2 stones, 1 jewel and a new set of challenge dungeons?

might be the most we have ever gotten in a single day.

Depends on what else you have, but Avalon Drake is a fairly sought after monster so you could certainly do worse.

Also pulling on the REM outside of godfest is asking for despair

I only have two five star gods, Freyr and Archangel Lucifer. I also have the four star god incarnation of bayakko, haku.

I'm only Rank 40, though, so I've been grinding just to get my rank up to use them.

Also, anyone have any tips for grinding?

Top Bottom