• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
question, are the elemental demons good for low level play? i have a water, grass and light one so far and they work well for me, and seeing as how my minerva is unbelievably weak, i need to get a good fire ringer

razterik

This is my inventory of monsters outside of Red Ronia and Verdandi what can I build with it?:

Okay, first of all, stop pulling the REM for a while. You have a ton of teams to build and they all need levels, skill ups, and plus eggs. I'm just going to give some highlights, there's more sitting there.

Red:
Urd/Kagutsuchi/Chiyome/Suzaku/Freyr/friend Urd. Nothing here to take advantage of the blue subtypes aside from the leads, but it's enough and still a very strong 3x TPA/row red fire team. Optional subs are Echidna and Ronia.

Blue:
Seiryuu/Seiryuu/Muse/Isis/Famiel/friend Seiryuu. Your weakest color. Not really worth investment without a better lead or more healer type subs for a Famiel team.

Green:
Verdandi/Verdandi/Liu Bei/.../.../friend Verdandi. Lots of potential subs, Delgado, Green Zhuge Liang(s), Green Guan Yu, Genbu, Freya, Ceres, Grodin. Ton of depth here and can be used many different ways.
Awoken Ceres/Grodin/Delgado/Verdandi or Genbu/Liu Bei/friend Ceres. Can use almost any subs.
Upcoming Awoken Bastet/Verdandi/Verdandi/Liu Bei/Genbu/friend Bastet. Probably too heavy on board change, might need more utility subs. Combos and TPAs.

Light:
Kirin/Apollo/Light Tron/Grodin/Echidna/friend Kirin. Old standard, still viable and quite flexible. Can also sub in Valkyrie, farmable Verche, and board fix Light Kali.
Light Kali/Fuma Kotaro/Light Tron/Dragon Rider Arthur/Rei Sirius/friend Kali. TPAs.
Da Qiao/Light Kali/Thor/Baal/Light Tron/Da Qiao. Light row team.
Upcoming Awoken Ra/Light Kali/Light Tron/Valkyrie/Dragon Rider Arthur/friend Ra. Tough to use, but very powerful. Can also use Thor or Grodin, Echidna if you can spare a slot.

Dark:
Dark Tron/Hanzo/Byakko/Hanzo/Byakko/friend Dark Tron. Dark rows for the dark queen. Can switch second Hanzo and Byakko for anything, Vamp, Hades, Lu Bu, Loki.
Awoken Hades/Hanzo/Byakko/Dark Tron/Lu Bu/friend Hades. Maybe Loki instead of Lu Bu if you need to keep HP up. Can also sub Ronia, Kagutsuchi for red heavy, another Hanzo or Byakko for more dark orb changing.
Get a Beelzebub and run Beelzebub/Ronia/Byakko/Loki/Vamp/Ronia. One of the best tank teams right now. High HP/RCV, great damage possibilities. Other choices are a second Byakko, Lu Bu, Drawn Joker for hearts, upcoming devil type Hanzo, Gryps and Hades for TPAs, farmable Lilith for RCV.

I saw that Japan has the green sacred mask as rotation for GZL skill ups ...will the NS version get them as well ?

Eventually......

question, are the elemental demons good for low level play? i have a water, grass and light one so far and they work well for me, and seeing as how my minerva is unbelievably weak, i need to get a good fire ringer

Like the elemental ogres, they're okay when your team cost is low and you don't have anything else, but they aren't worth putting any serious effort into. Terrible HP and the active skill doesn't do anything noteworthy. Better off looking for things like Echidna, Mystic Fire Knight, or trying to level up to support better cards. Minerva's a tough card to lead with until she gets to her Awoken form since she has no ATK boost.

Negator

Now I see why everyone was telling me to wait for Tuesday, lol

3 Green Pengdra down, 9 more to go.

Edit: Oh snap, it looks like I can cap off my Bastet with 6 evolved pengdras. Exciting!

Now I see why everyone was telling me to wait for Tuesday, lol

3 Green Pengdra down, 9 more to go.

Edit: Oh snap, it looks like I can cap off my Bastet with 6 evolved pengdras. Exciting!

Awesome to see you here man. We don't have a lot of new players but seeing your team getting stronger and evolve is nice. I always look forward to your updates.

saichi

I can only imagine how much he or she has spent in the game. I'm 11 days from 800 (I think) and have spent *a lot* and have a lot fewer REM drops, a ton fewer max leveled mobs - its insane.
- granted I was non-iap for 370 days

I guess I could play with statistics, but that account is easily over 10k - probably over 15k.

I feel so much better not getting a Bikini Tron since this guy doesn't have one either after so spending so much!

New archetype.
KZDTKva.png

9JADQmo.png
]
Activation requirements for both have been softened, with Krishna granting a buff at 1+ fire combo and Sara at 2+. The interesting part is the new sentence, which states something like: "When 5 enhanced orbs are included in the combo, increase that attribute's attack by 1.5x"

Ducarmel

I might play with Sarasvati more, Both my NA and JP accounts have one. I have blue orb makers just missing the REM ones like Bonia, Gabriel and U&Y, in my NA one. I have Bonia on my JP account so i might try it out.

New archetype.

Activation requirements for both have been softened, with Krishna granting a buff at 1+ fire combo and Sara at 2+. The interesting part is the new sentence, which states something like: "When 5 enhanced orbs are included in the combo, increase that attribute's attack by 1.5x"

Oh baby, already doing that for my Ame team, this is just perfect.

Jagernaut

So if you meet the requirements each Krishna will do 6.75x for a total of 45.56x. I will put Awoken Horus on my Krishna team.

I'm disappointed that Krishna only got a slight stats increase and no extra awakenings. A skill boost and 2 prong would have been really good.

Also, balanced type doesn't do much for him, attacker would be better. Or devil.

Krishna looks pretty cool. It sucks they didn't give him a skill boost though. I think that was his biggest issue, since its isn't super easy to get 5/6 skill boosts from just the subs.

Still, I'm excited to try out the insane damage potential.

J0dy77

Anyone have experience with awoken Venus yet? This team on paper seems extremely strong to me. 110% row dmg, three orb changers, light enhance, light boost and a ton of rcv.

vAqmDom.png

I saw that Japan has the green sacred mask as rotation for GZL skill ups ...will the NS version get them as well ?

Eventually it all comes over, just like we had the L. Kali/D. Kali skillups on the *lits recently.

Reddit is going nuts over Sarsvati. Now that she has healer typing I'm think of this team..

Sarsvati, U&Y, Sun Quan, Hatsume, Hermes, Sarsvati
Man, I wish I had Sarasvati. With the four SB's from leaders alone, its much easier to have orb changers and Sarasvati available turn one, which is a big deal.

My subs would be U&Y, BValk, Blodin, Blonia.

11 SB's, 6 rows, 7 prongs, 5 OE, >20k HP, 3k RCV. This team would be great. My Krishna team feels uninspired by comparison.

Awoken Kagu, Cao Cao, Chiyome, Hera Ur/Dino Rider/???. It really is missing that board change.

Illucio

Banned
Okay, first of all, stop pulling the REM for a while. You have a ton of teams to build and they all need levels, skill ups, and plus eggs. I'm just going to give some highlights, there's more sitting there.

Red:
Urd/Kagutsuchi/Chiyome/Suzaku/Freyr/friend Urd. Nothing here to take advantage of the blue subtypes aside from the leads, but it's enough and still a very strong 3x TPA/row red fire team. Optional subs are Echidna and Ronia.

Blue:
Seiryuu/Seiryuu/Muse/Isis/Famiel/friend Seiryuu. Your weakest color. Not really worth investment without a better lead or more healer type subs for a Famiel team.

Green:
Verdandi/Verdandi/Liu Bei/.../.../friend Verdandi. Lots of potential subs, Delgado, Green Zhuge Liang(s), Green Guan Yu, Genbu, Freya, Ceres, Grodin. Ton of depth here and can be used many different ways.
Awoken Ceres/Grodin/Delgado/Verdandi or Genbu/Liu Bei/friend Ceres. Can use almost any subs.
Upcoming Awoken Bastet/Verdandi/Verdandi/Liu Bei/Genbu/friend Bastet. Probably too heavy on board change, might need more utility subs. Combos and TPAs.

Light:
Kirin/Apollo/Light Tron/Grodin/Echidna/friend Kirin. Old standard, still viable and quite flexible. Can also sub in Valkyrie, farmable Verche, and board fix Light Kali.
Light Kali/Fuma Kotaro/Light Tron/Dragon Rider Arthur/Rei Sirius/friend Kali. TPAs.
Da Qiao/Light Kali/Thor/Baal/Light Tron/Da Qiao. Light row team.
Upcoming Awoken Ra/Light Kali/Light Tron/Valkyrie/Dragon Rider Arthur/friend Ra. Tough to use, but very powerful. Can also use Thor or Grodin, Echidna if you can spare a slot.

Dark:
Dark Tron/Hanzo/Byakko/Hanzo/Byakko/friend Dark Tron. Dark rows for the dark queen. Can switch second Hanzo and Byakko for anything, Vamp, Hades, Lu Bu, Loki.
Awoken Hades/Hanzo/Byakko/Dark Tron/Lu Bu/friend Hades. Maybe Loki instead of Lu Bu if you need to keep HP up. Can also sub Ronia, Kagutsuchi for red heavy, another Hanzo or Byakko for more dark orb changing.
Get a Beelzebub and run Beelzebub/Ronia/Byakko/Loki/Vamp/Ronia. One of the best tank teams right now. High HP/RCV, great damage possibilities. Other choices are a second Byakko, Lu Bu, Drawn Joker for hearts, upcoming devil type Hanzo, Gryps and Hades for TPAs, farmable Lilith for RCV.

Thanks! Great suggestions! I'm saving this post for future team building purposes.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Thanks! Great suggestions! I'm saving this post for future team building purposes.

I suggest invest some stones into expanding your box. Based on your current rank, Pengdra cycle is the most efficient way to level up cards.

At least 25 more slots would be helpful (or even 50). So that you can have a full stamina of pengdra village runs w/o worrying the box spaces.

Once hit rank 167 (stamina 100), doing super kings shall be good.

smbu2000

Well after almost clearing it with my under-leveled Verdandi team. I decided to try Wadatsumi with my Vegito team (subbing in GZL for Hino Kagu) since I wanted the 2x attackers boost. Cleared it on my first try! Almost messed up at the end, but survived his attack and used the Vegito 1 turn delay to easily take him out after that.

I forgot to take a picture this time though...oops.

I've cleared all 8 descends in this Descend Challenge which give out pys. (not including Devil Rush and Hera Rush) and I've cleared the other descends besides the two which only give out a queen metal/gold dragon. Very satisfied at how I've done. I picked up 2 flampys, 2 bubpys, 2 woodpys, 1 shynpy and 1 badpy.

I max skilled Vegito (and started working on Kenshiro again, need 2 more) and got my Vegeta #2 up to level 5, need 1 more for max.

Now I can focus on plus eggs on the last 3 days of the event. I've been running the descends since they started on Monday as I wanted the pys.

Hanzos new devil type is very useful. On my iPad I threw both of my Hanzos on my Ronia team and it worked out pretty well. They have pretty good RCV (especially with the Ronia boost) and they both are max skilled and can make dark orbs every 5 turns. Great combination with Haku and I can even make an all dark board with Ronia if needed. Ronia -> Hanzo -> Cell (dark enhance) -> Lu Bu can make a powerful attack. Haku words as well.

I just need some more Tamadras to give them their sunglasses as well. (dark resist x2 for each of them)

New archetype.

That's ridiculous since you get 80% enhanced fire orbs just with the leaders. Getting that extra +fire orb awakening isn't that hard so it's virtually a constant 1.5x (unless you rely on orb changing).

Really, really need Yamato and his 3 skill boosts now. Awoken Leilan (2 skill boosts?) would be icing on the cake.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So much for a non Liu Bei Parvati team... His TPAs are just too strong, can't really justify not having him on a green tpa team. With him on the team you can hit for +1 million team dmg without the 25x activation with enough TPAs.

Hell I'm thinking of using 2 Liu Bei on the team... Which probably is too much lol. 2xParvati, 2x Liu Bei and 2x Verdandi?

But yeah you really need someone like Kushi for hard hitting enemies or Perseus for Skill lock. I might just use the higher skilled up Liu Bei/Verdandi. Still havent been able to create a 3x green TPA board with 5 hearts.

PS. Dont get the Sarvati hype... must be missing something.
Eventually......
Eventually it all comes over, just like we had the L. Kali/D. Kali skillups on the *lits recently.
Ok thanks I will keep my masks for God instead of wasting them on Avalon Drake after I went 0/5 on my last attempt.

So right now it's unclear how the new mechanic works. The consensus on reddit is that it requires a match with exactly five orbs, at least one of which is enhanced. There's also speculation that it acts a bit like a TPA, where the damage boost only applies to that combo, not the total damage.

PS. Dont get the Sarvati hype... must be missing something.
It kind of depends on how the leader skill ends up working out. But based on my initial impressions, with 3 water matches, assuming the new mechanic is satisfied, you'll get ~56x damage. Add in the effects of TPAs and orb enhance and the damage potential is crazy.

Nohar

Hello,

I don't really know what I should be focusing on, so I'm looking for advices here, since I'm hitting a wall.

So, I'm currently Rank 53 (62 team points). In Normal Dungeons, I'm at "Tomb of the Saint-Deep". As for Technical Dungeons, I'm on the last boss of "Faithless Temple with No Name" (unable to kill it: it uses Ressurection and I can't keep up with the damages).
My current team is composed of ForestBahn (leader), Flowerdragon Brachys, Sundragon Pterados, Icedragon Plesios and Magma Chimera. I usually pick Phantom Dragon Anima or regular Anima as my support friend leader (or Zeta Hydra).

Regarding my roster, I have the following monsters:
  • Phantom God, Odin (Rodin)
  • Ame no Uzume
  • Shiva
  • Golden Fox Spirit, Wolyafa
  • Shaitan
  • Phoenix Knight
  • The aforementioned dragons and the Magma Chimera.
  • Pandora
  • Black Baron
  • Gale Wolf, Hati
  • Fairlion
I guess I could build a decent Fire team, but monsters are rather cost-heavy, and I guess I need orb changers to make it work. I don't really know what to do, so if you have good advices, I'm all ears.

Azusa

So, I'm currently Rank 53 (62 team points).
I guess I could build a decent Fire team, but monsters are rather cost-heavy, and I guess I need orb changers to make it work. I don't really know what to do, so if you have good advices, I'm all ears.

You can farm Dragons of the Tower in the Tower of Giants on the weekends. If I remember correctly you can get up to rank 100 without waiting for stamina refill. Also no need for orb changers on this stage. Just combo as much orbs as you can.

And yes, you can make mono fire team with Shiva or Ame as lead. The last dungeon in Tomb of the Saint-Deep is hard for new players without a proper team.

razterik

Cheesed my way through JP Hera Rush Challenge with Minerva again on my second try. Devil Rush is the final one left. Not sure how to do it. Died once already to fat metal while attempting a Ronia/Hades build. Next time might be Horus/Light Kali/Light Tron/Grodin/Echidna/Ra and hope I get good boards.

Quantum

hey yo, for someone who spent a decent amount on the iOS version then stopped, is the 3DS version still gonna be fun?

I hope so - I should be playing it tomorrow.

I'm guessing I won't like it as much as the mobile version. There is a tiny demo that has all of two boards and is completed in 4 minutes - but it shows that you have to switch to a second menu to use active skills - that might be a negative for me.

Illucio

Banned
I suggest invest some stones into expanding your box. Based on your current rank, Pengdra cycle is the most efficient way to level up cards.

At least 25 more slots would be helpful (or even 50). So that you can have a full stamina of pengdra village runs w/o worrying the box spaces.

Once hit rank 167 (stamina 100), doing super kings shall be good.
My box was already filled with like 25 pengdras soooo. And evo materials galore. (Just need some mystic masks and dub mythlit)

Im actually already farming for super dragons, and efficiently might I add. I use my Red Sonia team or my Verdandi. I tend to spend my energy wisely so Im one 50 stamina dragon dungeon away from leveling up so I can do the mission twice.

[Duration]: 5/22 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 5/28 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PDT)
The world of Dracomacia has been shattered, and only you can repair it! Puzzle & Dragons Z monsters slip between the worlds, and have been captured at this special Rare Egg Machine.
This carnival features a specially selected lineup of Puzzle & Dragons Z monsters, all available at level 30 or higher and at 3x rates!
See the full lineup below for details:
6 ★
1358 Immortal Dragon, Cursed Wyrm
1356 Anima
5 ★
1882 Double-Edged Blade Brave, Claymore
1883 Nameless Blade Brave, Masamune
1755 Yellow Grimoire, Ars Nova
1757 Purple Grimoire, Goetia
1130 Avalon Drake
1129 Dragon Shogun
1121 Blazing Hammer Brute, Prometheus
557 Hatsume no Tsubone
563 Hattori Hanzo
4 ★
1353 Storm Dragon, Mistrain
1351 WoodBahn
1349 Exa-Hydra
1126 Radious
1124 GrimRock
1122 Ur-Chimera

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I've been gone for a while, there's been so many new additions and monsters.
Can someone take a look at my monster box and tell me what teams I should go for now? I don't even remember what I used to use and why, thank god the game kept my team makeups.

Current team:
DQXQ/Echinda/warrior rose, graceful Valk(L/G)/war diety of night yomi(D/L)/King shynee

Worth mentioning monsters:
echinda fully evolved
yamato takeru
archangel uriel
BAO catwoman
Hidden Sea Dragon cleopatra
Amon
Idunn and idunna (Two of these)
sleeping dragon zhugu liang
Bearded diety guan yu
freyja
susano
wonder woman
Jeanne d'arc
DQXQ (My main but willing to change. Has most of my + eggs)
warrior rose graceful valk
voice of god metatron
war diety of night yomi
satan
fallen angel lucifer
persephone
loki
BAO batman with boomerang

Plus a bunch of farmable stuff, lots of hera. Even a santa hera I don't remember having. and the android man. I think I also have a lemon and grape dragon.

Someone help please

Anyone have experience with awoken Venus yet? This team on paper seems extremely strong to me. 110% row dmg, three orb changers, light enhance, light boost and a ton of rcv.

vAqmDom.png

Looks fine to me for the most part. Sandalphon can replace Thor for tanking preempts and 2x healer damage since most of the team are healers. Fuu can also appear on the team if you want a heart maker over Fuma Kotaro to combo with valk for larger bursts while saving/waiting on DQ. Oh right, Sun Quan can also hang out for some dungeons as well.

razterik

Light Kali without Fuma is suffering. Made it all the way to Satan in Devil Rush, but couldn't get enough light orbs in Kali actives to take him down before my three turns were up. Should've just used Izanagi, but was trying to save him for Beelzebub and his inevitable one hit kill. So close, just one or two more skyfall combos would've done it. Bleh.

tr4656

Zaerog ∞ (ultimate evo form)
Dragon / Physical
Active: Increase Dark orb skyfall chance for 3 turns. Reduce cooldown of other skills by 1.
LS: Increase ATK after 2 Dark combos, scales up to 6x ATK. Increase all Dragon type stats by a little

New Zaerog, so good. Looks like no need to iAP anymore.

razterik

He's going to eat all the other Zaerogs as evo material, isn't he. Also, positive RCV! It looks wrong, heh.

Machine type dark and light Golems are pretty decent looking as well.

linsivvi

Finally a Zaerog worth his salt!

He's going to eat all the other Zaerogs as evo material, isn't he. Also, positive RCV! It looks wrong, heh.

Machine type dark and light Golems are pretty decent looking as well.

IOC5z8q.jpg

4 Zaerogs, 13 Super King Metals, 10 biweekly dragons, 8 dragon fruits, 2 spirit jewels, RGB dragon fruits, devilits.

This one's costly....

scottnak

Achievement!! Finally Cleared Thursday Dungeon!!
And of course I get the Yellow Fruit both times, which I have more than enough of... aha.

LKali - mini valk - snow white - rodin - Echidna

\o/

razterik

Isn't it only three Zaerogs and one Zaerog infinity-1 or whatever his preevo form is called?

Golems are ridiculous, each is all three RGB ultimate forms and then two more gold keepers. Jeez, 11 gold keepers each.

Stripping god/devil from Canopus/Hadar for machine type is going to piss people off.

Nohar

You can farm Dragons of the Tower in the Tower of Giants on the weekends. If I remember correctly you can get up to rank 100 without waiting for stamina refill. Also no need for orb changers on this stage. Just combo as much orbs as you can.

And yes, you can make mono fire team with Shiva or Ame as lead. The last dungeon in Tomb of the Saint-Deep is hard for new players without a proper team.

Thank you very much for your answer! So I guess I'm back at the Tower of Giants... Meh. Oh well, I guess I need to improve my team cost anyway, it is not like I have a choice.

linsivvi

Isn't it only three Zaerogs and one Zaerog infinity-1 or whatever his preevo form is called?

Golems are ridiculous, each is all three RGB ultimate forms and then two more gold keepers. Jeez.

Stripping god/devil from Canopus/Hadar for machine type is going to piss people off.

Oh yeah, didn't even notice it's Zaerog Infinity. Thought it was just a regular Zaerog.

Golems are very costly too. Only the lowest form golem is farmable right? You do get an unbindable leader with better leader skill than DQXQ though.

Good thing they won't hit the US server for months. I got all the Sonia Gran mats for months and we still don't have her yet. Plenty of time to collect the mats.

Azusa

Zeus Vulkan... Tried 8 times and failed.

2 times with Dmeta/Hanzo/Persephone/Gryps/Ronia/Dmeta
and one time Dmeta/Hanzo/Persephone/Yomi(attacker)/Ronia/Dmeta
All 3 times healed before kill or die turn. Siegfried floor.

5 times Ronia team:
1 times tried Ronia/Vamp/Joker/Baddie/Hadar/Ronia I saw a video with almost the same team only Hera instead of Baddie. But died at Siegfried floor.
and 4 times Ronia/Shiva/Persephone/Baddie/Hadar/Ronia. One time I've managed to get to the Cu Chu floor but didn't have hearts in the right time and died there. I didn't use Ronia skill because I needed it for the next floors.

How much HP are you running? He does 20k max and a shield active turns that into 13.2k. That should get you back into the zone.

Negator

Awesome to see you here man. We don't have a lot of new players but seeing your team getting stronger and evolve is nice. I always look forward to your updates.

No problem, I am trying to slowly make my way through the content, and all these red levels have pretty much walled my green team lol.

This is my box so far. Any suggestions on where I should take it? I feel like it's rather difficult to get monsters that are actually worth using at this point in the game.

Oh, and should I be spending my pal points on that special pal egg machine or will it take forever for me to actually use any of that stuff?

razterik

Hello Kitty ults. Umf.

5 times Ronia team:
1 times tried Ronia/Vamp/Joker/Baddie/Hadar/Ronia I saw a video with almost the same team only Hera instead of Baddie. But died at Siegfried floor.
and 4 times Ronia/Shiva/Persephone/Baddie/Hadar/Ronia. One time I've managed to get to the Cu Chu floor but didn't have hearts in the right time and died there. I didn't use Ronia skill because I needed it for the next floors.

Doesn't help much now, but my suggestion is to skip Dark Tron for this dungeon. Ronia is good, but consider a different friend leader to make your team tankier. For the first Ronia squad, drop Hadar for Persephone and pair with a Beelzebub. You recover less, but your 2x HP will let you absorb all but the most dangerous low HP hits. Another option is to stick with the second Ronia crew and pair with Awoken Minerva. Many of the floors switch to light or dark below half HP, so if you can knock them low enough fast, you can trade hits a bit easier. Either way this dungeon requires careful strategy to find the safe stall spots and when you need to burst, sometimes multiple turns in a row.

linsivvi

5 times Ronia team:

Try Ronia/Vamp/Joker/Persephone/Baddie/Beelzebub.

Edit: Beaten lol.

Top Bottom