• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i have two questions:

Am i right to think that Lightseeker is the best spot for Hatsume skill ups ? The event will only be up for 2 days....will we still get a 2x drop rate ?

Also is the same with the Fairy dungeons...where you wanna run on expert for Neneko drops and on Master for Light Chaser ? I need both might need to focus on one stage with only 2 days.

It kind of depends on how the leader skill ends up working out. But based on my initial impressions, with 3 water matches, assuming the new mechanic is satisfied, you'll get ~56x damage. Add in the effects of TPAs and orb enhance and the damage potential is crazy.

56x without TPA factored in is crazy....dont know what to think of it yet but i like that they are adding new playstyles for leaders making it easier to differentiate from each other.

hey yo, for someone who spent a decent amount on the iOS version then stopped, is the 3DS version still gonna be fun?

I have fun with the 3DS version - i think it depends on why you stopped playing the IOS version ? Basic gameplay is the same, so if you have enough of it the 3DS version wont be for you.

No problem, I am trying to slowly make my way through the content, and all these red levels have pretty much walled my green team lol.

This is my box so far. Any suggestions on where I should take it? I feel like it's rather difficult to get monsters that are actually worth using at this point in the game.

Oh, and should I be spending my pal points on that special pal egg machine or will it take forever for me to actually use any of that stuff?

Looking at your box i think you are doing just fine for now...how far along are you with Normal Missions ? And yes use your PAL point for Evo materials when they are featured.

Right now only the more expensive Evo Carnival is live...wouldnt pull on that one but wait for the regular to feature evo materials because you can get more pulls and useful monster like Lilith in addition.

Keep up the good work...

Negator

Looking at your box i think you are doing just fine for now...how far along are you with Normal Missions ? And yes use your PAL point for Evo materials when they are featured.

Right now I'm on the fourth stage of Tower of Flare on normal and the first stage of Blazing Highway on technical. I plan to farm a bunch of red pengdras in there to get Sonia to 50.

razterik

So i have two questions:

Am i right to think that Lightseeker is the best spot for Hatsume skill ups ? The event will only be up for 2 days....will we still get a 2x drop rate ?

Also is the same with the Fairy dungeons...where you wanna run on expert for Neneko drops and on Master for Light Chaser ? I need both might need to focus on one stage with only 2 days.

Light Seeker is best place to skill Hatsume, yes. 2x drop rate almost always happens on last day.

Theoretically, expert is better than master. More drops of the sub boss skill ups, equal amounts of boss floor drops over time, and expert gives marginally better exp/coins. Personally, I can't stand running expert all the time, so I choose Master if it's not 2x or even if it is and I don't need the sub boss skill ups. But if you want both, expert is a good choice.

I can clear Thoth & Sopdet legend with this Ronia team. I'm now sure about mythical level. I have tried it once but I got the blue keeper and he didn't want to die.

Same recommendation as Zeus Vulcan, Ronia/Vamp/Joker/Persephone/Baddie/Beelzebub. Use linsiv's if you can, it's hypermax. For the keepers, all but the rare Rainbow invade can be poked at and then healed up after they hit you as long as you keep them above 25% HP. Use Persephone to take them down once they get close. Griffon is a pain, oneshot him with Ronia and Beelzebub after he takes your HP. Chaser is a stall floor above 25%. Use Joker to get HP back up, grind them down and get your skills back. Use a small burst to take it out once things get dangerous. Ra can be pinged down over multiple turns, but since he's light attribute at first, you might want to just crack his armor with Persephone or Ronia combined with Baddie and Beelzebub. Isis is more stalling for actives, especially with Joker to convert all the light orbs she makes. You can take her out above 50% to avoid the skill bind or cruise through it and keep healing while you wear her down. I don't advise going into Thoth&Sopdet with skills bound, though. If you need to stall for skills, the boss floor isn't a bad place. Sopdet chucks hearts at you. You always want to clear whatever jammer or poison orbs Thoth throws on the board while healing with most of the available hearts. Worst thing that can happen is Thoth binding Ronia since you don't have any other team members with the bind heal awakening. Don't tempt him for too long. A good split Ronia board for at least five combos with Baddie and Beelzebub should be enough to finish them both.

I'm used to a stronger team than yours, so my ideas might need some tweaking to your play style. You owe it to yourself to grab a Beelzebub at the end of this event and start building him up. Eventually you can lead with him, switch your own Ronia to a sub and pair with a friend's for twice the Ronia actives and power.

Azusa

Same recommendation as Zeus Vulcan, Ronia/Vamp/Joker/Persephone/Baddie/Beelzebub.

Thanks. I didn't think about Beelzebub + Ronia combo. I think I'll skip mythical descends for a while and farm Beelzebub as you suggested. I can do some descends on legend in this event and I'll try to farm some orbs for Beelzebub evo. At least tomorrow is a very easy descend.

20k HP or slightly less.
Was the shield active not available when you died due to overhealing? Don't think you need the enhance until Ur/Vulcan so you should be able to recharge it by then (plus you have two Dmeta actives).

Beelz/Ronia works too but you can say that for most dungeons :lol. I don't know where your +eggs lie but I'm assuming if you're getting 19k+ HP, the Dmeta team has a fair amount of them.

Thanks. I didn't think about Beelzebub + Ronia combo. I think I'll skip mythical descends for a while and farm Beelzebub as you suggested. I can do some descends on legend in this event and I'll try to farm some orbs for Beelzebub evo. At least tomorrow is a very easy descend.
Just pair with a Beelz friend?

razterik

Legend difficulty for descends doesn't have jewel invades anymore. Mythical only. The evo carnival machine is a decent source of jewels if you have PAL points to spare.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I've been gone for a while, there's been so many new additions and monsters.
Can someone take a look at my monster box and tell me what teams I should go for now? I don't even remember what I used to use and why, thank god the game kept my team makeups.

Current team:
DQXQ/Echinda/warrior rose, graceful Valk(L/G)/war diety of night yomi(D/L)/King shynee

Worth mentioning monsters:
echinda fully evolved
yamato takeru
archangel uriel
BAO catwoman
Hidden Sea Dragon cleopatra
Amon
Idunn and idunna (Two of these)
sleeping dragon zhugu liang
Bearded diety guan yu
freyja
susano
wonder woman
Jeanne d'arc
DQXQ (My main but willing to change. Has most of my + eggs)
warrior rose graceful valk
voice of god metatron
war diety of night yomi
satan
fallen angel lucifer
persephone
loki
BAO batman with boomerang

Plus a bunch of farmable stuff, lots of hera. Even a santa hera I don't remember having. and the android man. I think I also have a lemon and grape dragon.

Someone help please

So any thoughts on this? Should I change DQXQ into a sub and lead with my voice of god metatron? Ditch it all and do a dark team with lucifer? I need guidance I remember nothing.

Devil Rush is driving me nuts. I think I've spent 2 days worth of stamina and a stone on it at this point. Not sure if I should cut into my plus farming or just give up. Then it's coming back next week for that damn devil challenge. Ugh..

So any thoughts on this? Should I change DQXQ into a sub and lead with my voice of god metatron? Ditch it all and do a dark team with lucifer? I need guidance I remember nothing.
Rainbow DQXQ is kind of crappy, so you should probably switch to Metatron. Do Metatron/DQXQ/Valk/Echidna/Shynee. I'd try to get Beelzebub with that team and then do Beelzebub/Persephone/Loki/Vampire/Drawn Joker/Ronia.

You could lead with: L.meta/ DQXQ/ valk/ Echidna/ King Shynee

Leading with DQXQ is still fine, I don't see anything really wrong with it. Light metatron is the best option here that I can see since you already have most of the units to for a good team and just fill in the rest with whatever you need for the dungeon and upgrade as you go along. I start my metatron team with L.meta, Valk, Echidna, Angel Cinnamon King, Shynee and just recently overhauled the whole team with Venus.

Satan/Loki/Persephone/Fillerx2
Kind of meh, but you already have 8 rows, could be useful to punch stuff.

Are the Yomi, L.meta, Valk and such mini? You did play when that REM was around, so I'm curious if their spelling was intentional.

MikeDip

Rainbow DQXQ is kind of crappy, so you should probably switch to Metatron. Do Metatron/DQXQ/Valk/Echidna/Shynee. I'd try to get Beelzebub with that team and then do Beelzebub/Persephone/Loki/Vampire/Drawn Joker/Ronia.

Thanks! So I should go for the new L/L ult route of DQXQ if I use them as a sub, yes?
Any other monsters I should try to farm for or whatever for this metatron team? I am very new to her.

You could lead with: L.meta/ DQXQ/ valk/ Echidna/ King Shynee

Leading with DQXQ is still fine, I don't see anything really wrong with it. Light metatron is the best option here that I can see since you already have most of the units to for a good team and just fill in the rest with whatever you need for the dungeon and upgrade as you go along. I start my metatron team with L.meta, Valk, Echidna, Angel Cinnamon King, Shynee and just recently overhauled the whole team with Venus.

Satan/Loki/Persephone/Fillerx2
Kind of meh, but you already have 8 rows, could be useful to punch stuff.

Are the Yomi, L.meta, Valk and such mini? You did play when that REM was around, so I'm curious if their spelling was intentional.

Hmm, no not mini. I got them from the regular REM and they look normal. Not even sure what mini is. Gonna look into this.

J0dy77

What do you guys think about this Awoken Ra team?

I was going for as many time extends and skill locks as possible in addition to low cool-down actives. Sadly there were no green subs that have two skill locks that synergize well with my team so I only have 80% skill lock.

Do you think it would work well?

Looks good, extremely jealous of your L. Kali. Having Light and dark Kali makes the team so strong, guaranteed 100x on 2 rounds. I would replace Bastet with Kushinada if you have her or maybe even light valk to stack the light damage. Having the .5 second time shouldn't make or break your team.

Thanks! So I should go for the new L/L ult route of DQXQ if I use them as a sub, yes?
Any other monsters I should try to farm for or whatever for this metatron team? I am very new to her.

For DQXQ, DQ is a better sub. XQ is a better leader.

You're missing a heartmaker to combo with Valk. Angelion was around just last month, you'll have a wait a bit for him to come back around, so for now DQXQ will have to hold down the heart making fort, it'll be tough but you'll be able to hold. If you have a Siren, you can use her to fuel valk, hopefully both are max skilled.

MikeDip

You're missing a heartmaker to combo with Valk. Angelion was around just last month, you'll have a wait a bit for him to come back around, so for now DQXQ will have to hold down the heart making fort, it'll be tough but you'll be able to hold. If you have a Siren, you can use her to fuel valk, hopefully both are max skilled.

Ah, I have one of those guys. So who should I swap out for angelion?

MikeDip

If you don't need the Echidna, drop her for it.

Bleh, she's my favourite monster in the game. I'll try it and see how it goes though.

My valk and angelion are both max skilled which is cool. I need to evolve my metatron though, I need that hp boost.

Quantum

Sucks that they changed the Friday Expert dungeon so that Dub-Topalits can't drop. At least I assume that's what happened.

lol - I hate when this happens!

and personally the recent changes to the trifruit dungeon really have affected me - I guess we should start calling it the Bi-fruit dungeon now that the red fruits no longer drop.

It's her or King Shynee. You still need King Shynee for tougher places to burst down bosses since you lack the rows and orb enhance to replace that 3x.

Why would you use Angelion if you have DQXQ? They're easily the best heartmakers for light healers and better than Angelion in literally every way. DQXQ > Fuu >Angelion. The only reason I can see using Angelion over them is if the Angelion is skilled and DQXQ isn't.

ccbfan

It is just me or is machine golem really good for non REM depending on boost to machine?

Say its 1.20 which is the lowest we see for a leader skill.

Thats 1.2/1.44/1.2 or 1.0/1.44/1.44 or 1.44/1.44/1.0

16x on very easy activation so that's 23.04 with machine

Extremely high HP.

Forever 20 percent defense which is akin to 1.25 HP/RCV Boost.

Forever 75 Percent Enemy Def Down.

Unbindable leaders.

Right now its main weakness is lack of RCV and good subs with TPA but that can literally change with one new character and considering the last time Gungho added a new type ,Devil, they look eager to boost it.

Why would you use Angelion if you have DQXQ? They're easily the best heartmakers for light healers and better than Angelion in literally every way. DQXQ > Fuu >Angelion. The only reason I can see using Angelion over them is if the Angelion is skilled and DQXQ isn't.

Not over, with. Lmeta/DQXQ/Valk/angelion/king shynee. Angelion gives hearts when you need it for healing or to combo with valk if you don't want to blow DQXQ or she isn't up yet.

MikeDip

Oh jeeze, I just saw that Revenge of the King Dragons is tonight. I need that stupid thing to evolve my valk to her new final form.

Do I have a chance with what monsters I posted? I need to go through my box again and see if I have any defense breakers or poisoners I guess. Ah.

Not over, with. Lmeta/DQXQ/Valk/angelion/king shynee. Angelion gives hearts when you need it for healing or to combo with valk if you don't want to blow DQXQ or she isn't up yet.
Ah, I see.

Oh jeeze, I just saw that Revenge of the King Dragons is tonight. I need that stupid thing to evolve my valk to her new final form.

Do I have a chance with what monsters I posted? I need to go through my box again and see if I have any defense breakers or poisoners I guess. Ah.
Top Droiddragon trivializes that dungeon. Depending on how many levels Cleopatra has, you could also do Cleo + Echidna on the fatty dragon. You'd have to stall a ton with either of those, but it's pretty easy to stall on regular kings.

MikeDip

Ah, I see.

Top Droiddragon trivializes that dungeon. Depending on how many levels Cleopatra has, you could also do Cleo + Echidna on the fatty dragon. You'd have to stall a ton with either of those, but it's pretty easy to stall on regular kings.

Yeah I just checked, I don't have the droid dude evolved so that's out.

I do have a cleopatra, echinda, lillith and darkseed, it might be possible to go that route? Maybe a keeper of rainbow to knock off 75% defense instead?

EDIT: Nevermind, thought I had more stamina than I do. Can't even do it yet. Next time!

Noaloha

Any useful resources for selecting S-rank capable teams? Some table or whatnot that lists points per avg-rarity, avg-combo, etc. or a place with lots of S-Rank "this team works" testimonials? Expert level S-ranks aren't an issue, but too often I find I waste stamina trying to optimise a low rank team for the master tier ones.

J0dy77

Yeah, sorry. Don't take that literally, I was just goofing (venting).

Ha. The reason why this went over my head so badly is because it almost feels true. Can't remember the last time one dropped for me. Also, I was thinking of the friday mythical not, expert dungeon making it even more believable. I need more coffee.

Quantum

Whats the best difficulty to get light chasers? I don't care about the blue dude since I don't have a hatsume.

statistically it will always be master,

if you are not iap though I would just run expert during the last day (assuming 2x).

now I am wondering if I should bother skilling up a second lmeta, is there any possible reason to do this?

Azusa

Any useful resources for selecting S-rank capable teams? Some table or whatnot that lists points per avg-rarity, avg-combo, etc. or a place with lots of S-Rank "this team works" testimonials? Expert level S-ranks aren't an issue, but too often I find I waste stamina trying to optimise a low rank team for the master tier ones.

I usually use this calculator when I'm making a S-Rank team.

http://tamadra.com/s-rank

Quantum

thought not.

I remember reading that there was a JPN vote to possibly create another evo for lmeta, but I wasn't following it close enough, but I guess either it will just be an increase from the one we have or possibly a new active - in which case I could just create a second lmeta from my stockpile

(for some reason I've had a very high change to roll both Lmeta and GZL and have a stockpile ><)

saichi

lol - I hate when this happens!

and personally the recent changes to the trifruit dungeon really have affected me - I guess we should start calling it the Bi-fruit dungeon now that the red fruits no longer drop.

what? how would we get red fruit then?

It's her or King Shynee. You still need King Shynee for tougher places to burst down bosses since you lack the rows and orb enhance to replace that 3x.

My standard LTron team has only one heart maker

Ltron, Valk, DQXQ, Echidna, King Shynee

I guess it depends on the dungeon but usually Ltron can recover my HP whenever I need it. Echidna would be a safety net that I can fall back to. I would only replace DQXQ when I need heart makers on 1st or 2nd floor of the stage.

On a related news, I was able to separate DQ and XQ after getting the Dub-mythlit today. Now DQ would be a sub in my LTron team and I'll test out XQ lead team in the next few days.

Quantum

what? how would we get red fruit then?

My standard LTron team has only one heart maker

Ltron, Valk, DQXQ, Echidna, King Shynee

I guess it depends on the dungeon but usually Ltron can recover my HP whenever I need it. Echidna would be a safety net that I can fall back to. I would only replace DQXQ when I need heart makers on 1st or 2nd floor of the stage.

On a related news, I was able to separate DQ and XQ after getting the Dub-mythlit today. Now DQ would be a sub in my LTron team and I'll test out XQ lead team in the next few days.

sorry - I was playing along with a bad joke - I have to skill two urd, a ronia and two chibi ronia, My typical rate is like 1 red for every 6 runs.

FZZ

Banned
Looks good, extremely jealous of your L. Kali. Having Light and dark Kali makes the team so strong, guaranteed 100x on 2 rounds. I would replace Bastet with Kushinada if you have her or maybe even light valk to stack the light damage. Having the .5 second time shouldn't make or break your team.

Sadly I don't have Kushinada :/

I only have Bastet because of her relatively low CD when max skilled.

Top Bottom