• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

I'm so hyped for Valkitty uvo.

Valkitty/Gunma/DQ/Thor/Fuma is 9 rows and basically unconditional 4x.

With all the haste and quick actives lately, I don't know if Gunma is even necessary. Actually a little sad that Valkitty and Purin didn't get a little leader skill boost or an extra effect added to their actives. One turn haste and the delay would've made Valkitty so good. Still excited for them, but I'm not sure they're any more relevant than they used to be.

When should we find out the results of the JP uvo vote?

Should be announced on the next stream at the end of the month.

The amount of people tricked by a simple joke in the last page makes me smile. GungHo messes up so bad that people think they'd actually do it.

Also, KR got 3x normals and 2.5x skill ups for their event. NA better get that next time. :sternface

tr4656

With all the haste and quick actives lately, I don't know if Gunma is even necessary. Actually a little sad that Valkitty and Purin didn't get a little leader skill boost or an extra effect added to their actives. One turn haste and the delay would've made Valkitty so good. Still excited for them, but I'm not sure they're any more relevant than they used to be.

What else would you put on? Zaerog doesnt seem like a good idea. Yeah, I would of liked 5x on the leader for Valkitty but oh well, I still going row Valkitty is super powerful.

razterik

Awoken Venus seems like a prime choice. And drop Thor for another fast orb changer. Not sure the 1.5x is necessary with enough rows and 16x.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Any of you here pick up the 3ds game today? I just got mine, very excited.

I'm thinking the new Zaerog could be a solid Okuni sub. Increasing the chance of skyfall for dark and the skill decrease can be useful to help get through those stages where an orb change isn't available. Plus, all his awakenings are great, and his high HP and decent RCV are a great fit. I'll probably start building up the materials.

razterik

Forgot about Awoken Venus. Probably will replace Gunma with that and Thor is there for his 2 rows.

Without Thor, you're already sitting at 10 rows and a light enhance on 16x damage. This should be near prime Dark Tron levels of damage. Thor seems like overkill and better subbed for a fast orb changer to put more light on the board and keep Valkitty leader skill available more often. Even Valkyrie should be a good choice. Wukong could work, too.

saichi

when and where would be the best rate for Mythlit?

Also, can someone explain to me Valkitty's leader skill? So it's not just at a turn when an active skill is used?

when and where would be the best rate for Mythlit?

Also, can someone explain to me Valkitty's leader skill? So it's not just at a turn when an active skill is used?

On the turn you use a skill, you get 4x damage. It won't stack with more skills used on that turn, so don't use two skills thinking you'd get double the damage for using two skills on one turn. If you don't use a skill, you get nothing.

Jonsoncao

Banned
lol - I hate when this happens!

and personally the recent changes to the trifruit dungeon really have affected me - I guess we should start calling it the Bi-fruit dungeon now that the red fruits no longer drop.

For all the victims of the desired sensor RNG, a simple suggestion: keep your desired materials in stock, don't use them unless, say, you have more than 10 of them.

A simple reason: the drop rate RNG depends on your cards in box (this seems to be an anecdotal consensus).

This is my stock of double-topalits:
iE0xlLu.png

and I am getting double-topalits constantly. For today, 1 double topalits out of 3 Friday mythical runs, 2 double topalits out of 3 Friday expert runs.

Same for the trifruit level, say you want red for Ronia and green for Verdandi, then just sell or feed blue fruits you got. Pile up red and green in your inventory. You will constantly getting red or green only.

Based on my Thursday drop rate spreadsheet, statistically which one to drop is positively correlated to the stock of that one in your box (not a causal relation but still).

TLDR: if you have more in your box, more will be dropped.

hermit7

thought not.

I remember reading that there was a JPN vote to possibly create another evo for lmeta, but I wasn't following it close enough, but I guess either it will just be an increase from the one we have or possibly a new active - in which case I could just create a second lmeta from my stockpile

(for some reason I've had a very high change to roll both Lmeta and GZL and have a stockpile ><)

The issue is that lmeta does her job really well and is already bind proof with a low cooldown skill. No reason to use a second when you could be using that for utility. If there was a second uevo that might be a good choice but I would anticipate them changing the skill anyways. In the meantime may as well save your Stam and wait and see.

I have two maxed Ceres. One is g/d and max skilled and the second was awoken. I didn't want to feed the one but I desired the extra utility of g/g. If there is a situation similar that would be the only time it is necessary.

I hate having the chibi L.Meta and not the true version. She just lacks some key awakenings. I can use her if I really need the active but bleh.

yami4ct

I hate having the chibi L.Meta and not the true version. She just lacks some key awakenings. I can use her if I really need the active but bleh.

I love my regular L.meta as a sub, but I feel like I keep falling further and further behind with her as a farming leader. She desperately needs a new evo, perhaps more than any other monster I use right now.

That being said, I also want a reason to use a second. That un-evolved dupe in my box taunts me.

tr4656

Without Thor, you're already sitting at 10 rows and a light enhance on 16x damage. This should be near prime Dark Tron levels of damage. Thor seems like overkill and better subbed for a fast orb changer to put more light on the board and keep Valkitty leader skill available more often. Even Valkyrie should be a good choice. Wukong could work, too.

Good point. Probably run Valk until I get roll a Wukong.

jiggle

Any useful resources for selecting S-rank capable teams? Some table or whatnot that lists points per avg-rarity, avg-combo, etc. or a place with lots of S-Rank "this team works" testimonials? Expert level S-ranks aren't an issue, but too often I find I waste stamina trying to optimise a low rank team for the master tier ones.
RqqdNJW.jpg

Time for a secret weapon.

AmPen stylus.

I've read good things about this one for pad because the tip isn't rubber so there's no drag. I play on a nexus 7 and I mess up a lot cause my fingers lose grip or and orb or get's stuck from drag. I need that precision.

razterik

Is Extreme King Metal Dragon dungeon rare? I had to wake up 5 am to farm a bit. Got 3 extreme kings for my valk.

Comes about once a week lately. I doubt you need more than a few of the fat metals anyway since he isn't used for much. The dungeon is the best straight source of fodder exp in the game if you need to level something.

Are you farming SV and KoG/OoH or something else?

Hate farming KoG and OoH, won't do that until 3x plus rate for normals hits NA, and will probably be speed running early floors in those dungeons instead.

Only four of those +297 are recent, around when 5x tech started showing up every event. I was averaging about one per month, but it has accelerated lately. My normal plus egg routine has been farming Star Vault at every appearance for ~60 eggs, then running Forbidden Tower 4 on 5x tech Mondays for another 100-150 eggs. Between those and whatever random eggs I pick up from descendeds or coin dungeons, I probably average 500 eggs a month now. I don't really keep track of the numbers, so that might be a little high or low.

Once 3x normals appears, I might switch to that exclusively. Best case is a 25% increase in efficiency, which makes a significant difference in stone usage.

I'm quite far behind on plus eggs compared to where most players of my rank/spending are. But I don't pull the REM or purchase stones anymore since I disapprove of how NA has been treated and there hasn't been much done in the last six months to make me want to drop money again.

Azusa

BTW do you know when is the next JP godfest? I want to start nonIAP JP acc. and want to roll something cool like combo god or smth. I don't have combo gods besides RA on my US acc.

Ducarmel

Around 1st and 15th of the month. Next one is players choice so it would be a great time to roll an non-iap account.

I got half of the top 30 so far for the NA players choice vote, I really hope GrOdin falls.

The pcgf selection is pretty good for me right now. I'd be happy with 20 of the 30 options right now. It sucks that Ceres might not make it in. She's pretty high on my list right now.

Is there a good way to look at the updated top 30? Normally the 25th-34th on PDX is fine but the vote seems a lot closer this time around so it'll be nice to see what's in 20th to 24th too.

Oh, wait nvm. There's a "show more results" link near the bottom. I'm dumb :lol

tr4656

Time for a secret weapon.

AmPen stylus.

I've read good things about this one for pad because the tip isn't rubber so there's no drag. I play on a nexus 7 and I mess up a lot cause my fingers lose grip or and orb or get's stuck from drag. I need that precision.

What is the tip material? I'm using a rubber tipped stylus and it feels okay.

What is the tip material? I'm using a rubber tipped stylus and it feels okay.

Using the latest technology, this stylus gives you a smoother slide than ever before! Durable, yet soft-fiber mesh tip protects your screen from scratches while allowing you to type, tap and toggle away. The tip attached to this stylus has an interchangeable/replaceable feature to allow for compatibility with our replacement stylus tips (sold separately).

I first heard about it on TylerPAD's youtube channel. He says it what he uses. I've only ever used my finger.

LuffyZoro

After a couple of failed attempts, I managed to clear Valk Mythical today, making it my first mythical and descend clear (other than hera and two heroes)!

Jagernaut

Umisachi&Yamasachi plus Sun Quan is awesome. I one shot Legendary Seaway's bosses with this team. It used to take me more than 4 turns with a Horus team. I also needed poison on the Horus team to kill the Red Odin Tamadra but here I just blasted through. I need the blue pirates to skill up U&Y.

Quantum

I kinda want to pull for the PCGF, but looking over the list I realized I actually have 27/30 current choices.

it would make no sense for me to roll (oddly that might not stop me).

the only pantheon I'd really like to roll on is the 1.0 greek gods, of which I do not have ceres, minerva or neptune. I guess I should stick to + farming, although I still only have 1 hypermax (will have my second today or tomorrow though.)

the gambling aspect is frustrating, and while I understand it make a lot of money for gungho - after you have most of the gods you kind of see the futility of rolling for new gods.

certainly I would make the suggestions going forward -

1) I would like the option to create even more teams. I think I have 8 or 9 teams right now - and I need more spaces. Heck - even make it an option to add a team with a stone rather than having to wait every 100 ranks, with over 200 stamina I've slowed my leveling considerably to burn stamina on challenges/descends.

2) bring the collabs and REM options to the united states to prevent the game for becoming completely stale. I understand licensing issues but FF and DBZ are huge in the states - get it worked out and let us have more options to hand over money...

3) customer service. Its fine to have US streams (on fridays so no one in the US actually watches), but why not actually hire a customer service department that can understand and help when people have issues with their accounts. It should not take multiple weeks to have issues resolved.

I'm having fun with the PADZ/MarioBallz, and guess it might ween me off of the mobile game for awhile - certainly from feeling the urgency to either pull of farm +'s.

The game to me now is waiting for content released in another county without clear and consistent updates as to future plans for the game. While I don't expect to have everything mapped out I guess its my self sense of entitlement that makes me angry at times towards Gungho - I still don't understand the logic about randomly updating evo's or skills - for example - blue odin? where is that enhance - what exactly is the reason for not releasing it with the last batch?

tldr/ rant, give us more.

Any chance someone could throw up a DD Yomi for awhile?

Edit: never mind, taken care of.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a better S-rank build for the war dragons than Anubis/Yomi?

Noaloha

Feeling mad reckless / stupid this afternoon, so I pulled three times on the REM hoping for an Avalon Drake.

1. Dragon Samurai
2. Red Fruit Dragon (dupe)
3. Blue Fruit Dragon

Why does the disappointment sting so much? What the eff was I expecting? Silly boy.

smbu2000

Well I don't think I'm going to be able to finish up my Trunks (Cell). I played the Descend Challenge too much and I was a bit busy. My Trunks is currently up to 278 (HP 83, ATK 96, RCV 99) so I only need a little bit more for him.

I cleared all of the Descend Challenges except for Hera/Devil Rush. (iPad, same except for Izanami) I tried Devil Rush with my Vegito team and I made it to the boss (Beezlebub), but I guess I should have checked out info on the dungeon. I died on his opening move (turning the board to poison.) Next time I'll have to put my LKali on the team.

I finally made my Awoken Neptune and max skilled him. Luckily he only needs 2 bubpys to max. My Neptune was already max levelled, so now I just need some more tamadras to get his new awakenings.

I kinda want to pull for the PCGF, but looking over the list I realized I actually have 27/30 current choices.

it would make no sense for me to roll (oddly that might not stop me).

These results make me so sad. Why the hell is yomi #2 overall?

I have the majority of the top twenty cards but desperately need l kali. Hoping RNG is on my side.
Yeah, that's why I was confused why players who have played longer than me were so hyped about PCGF. I'll probably have half of the top 30 and I'm hesitant on doing more than a few rolls due to dupes. And since 30 gods are boosted (compared to the 26 or 27 in regular godfests), it'll probably be harder to roll a specific god. And that's before trollish things get voted into the top 30.

went 1/10 on Hatsumi skill up. Usually has better luck than this, :(
1/10 on skillups that are straight feeds and aren't invades is nothing. :D

Top Bottom