• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
iamtheb,

What does your current main team look like? Just from you box is kinda hard to tell.

After going 0 for my last however many Yamato skillups the last time the dungeon was around... I ran it once today, got the drop, got the final skillup. Man that feels good to be done.
Congrats man. Skilling up my units is my mayor goal right now... Gotta profit from the current 2.5x success rate.

Thinking of skilling up my 2nd Liu Bei via coin dungeons but this will probably cost me a couple stones... So maybe I'll just wait.

ccbfan

WTF

Got my first Red Fruit Dragon skill up when my other Dragons are. (Went 0/15 to start)

Blue - Max (Drops were rare got extremely lucky and got a 4/5 once probably took like 15)
Green - Max (Drops were plenty and had OK luck probably took like 30)
Yellow - Max (Drops were very plenty and had good luck took like 25)
Black - 2 from Max (Drops were plenty had bad luck took like 30)

Right after that I max skilled my black. (got 4/10 for my last ten)

So now I have a skill level 2 Red but nothing else to skill up except a 2nd blue and the boss monster.

Not sure if I should continue running this since I saved 30 unevolved red in my box. The experience is nice though and quick.

iamtheb

iamtheb,

What does your current main team look like? Just from you box is kinda hard to tell.

Leader: Level 50 Phantom Dragon, Anima
1: Level 80 Dark Flame Ifrit
2: Max Level Flowerdragon Brachys
3: Level 74 Lightning Dark Tiamat
4: Level 57 Chaos Dragon Knight, Voice

This was just me piecing together what I felt would be my strongest team with a Leader Skill that worked with all. I've been using it to run the Hello Kitty Collab.

This was just me piecing together what I felt would be my strongest team with a Leader Skill that worked with all. I've been using it to run the Hello Kitty Collab.
General comments: stop rolling on REM for a while, it's contributing to your lack of focus. You got plenty of good leaders it's time to focus on subs. Once you get them leveled/evolved Ares, Shiva, Sun Quan, Mei Mei, Ruel, Zhuge Liang, Andromeda, Pandora, etc will all be better than whatever you're running at the moment. Despite the name of the game most dragons are pretty bad..

Well I failed Friday dungeon two times in a row. But on the plus side I got a skillup on my Urd, max skilled my Verdandi, and got a skillup on my L.Kali with one Angelit.

I'm honestly not sure how to do Friday dungeon. Even if I get to the boss I find that Shynee burst just isn't enough to kill the two lits.I'm using:

Chibi Ltron/Lilith/Echidna/Shynee/DQXQ(or Valk)/Ltron friend.

jay23

Looks like I'm waisting a full stamina bar trying to get 5 mythlit today.

Don't think I'm pulling during this gf, I got my 300 day bonus today too. Already have the Egyptian gods I want. Norse gods don't really get talked about much are they good subs?

Well I failed Friday dungeon two times in a row. But on the plus side I got a skillup on my Urd, max skilled my Verdandi, and got a skillup on my L.Kali with one Angelit.

I'm honestly not sure how to do Friday dungeon. Even if I get to the boss I find that Shynee burst just isn't enough to kill the two lits.I'm using:

Are you stalling on the baby tama? It gives you years to set up a manual CTW, not to mention you can use the bind to safely clear orbs. Valk is preferrable.

iamtheb

General comments: stop rolling on REM for a while, it's contributing to your lack of focus. You got plenty of good leaders it's time to focus on subs. Once you get them leveled/evolved Ares, Shiva, Sun Quan, Mei Mei, Ruel, Zhuge Liang, Andromeda, Pandora, etc will all be better than whatever you're running at the moment. Despite the name of the game most dragons are pretty bad..

Any subs you would recommend?

am_dragon

I thought they updated ios to use ssl back to gungho's servers killing the man in the middle option completely. I.e. that automated option doesn't work anymore.

I updated mine with about a years worth of changes a week ago and it only took 45 minutes, don't worry about trash, add your mains, subs, and anything that could end up on a team.

Any subs you would recommend?
Siren, Verche, Echidna, Phoenix Knight, etc.

Check out the coin dungeons if you haven't already; currently both MFK and Drawn Joker are running. If you run out of money weekend dungeon will be more than sufficient.

Try pushing past Ocean of Heaven in the normal dungeon progression, the optional dungeons that unlock after that will have a chance of dropping other staple subs.

iamtheb

Siren, Verche, Echidna, Phoenix Knight, etc.

Check out the coin dungeons if you haven't already; currently both MFK and Drawn Joker are running. If you run out of money weekend dungeon will be more than sufficient.

Try pushing past Ocean of Heaven in the normal dungeon progression, the optional dungeons that unlock after that will have a chance of dropping other staple subs.

Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate it.

jiggle

Guys I've got a lot of pieces that I think are decent, but I don't really know the best way to maximize what I have. I've spent a good bit of money on the game (as it's been the main thing I've played the last few months), but I feel like I should be able to form a better team than I have currently. Would showing pictures of what I have be enough for you guys to help me out?

EDIT:
Personally I'd go with a green team paired with something like verdandi
Drake - Meimei - sasuke - masamune - green filler until u can farm a highlander
This gives you plenty of board/orb changes and TPAs and a ton of HP
Also immediately usable
drake can transition into a sub later once his 2x atk becomes obsolete
Can also switch drake and Meimei around

Okamid3n

I'm sad about the Rodin Uvo. :(

Screw it, I'll put my three Rodins in my team, have 20 fire rows total and almost no orb changers. It's a brilliant plan.

cw_sasuke

I just keep running the hardest one, its still so easy I can mindlessly one hit every stage. Really reminds you how much of a power creep there was.

Alright thanks,
still dont know if i should bother with skilling them up - i will be honest i am nearing 300 days still havent used one of the Fruit Dragons. For some reason i think this wont change anytime soon.

If you consider Jiggles suggestion and focus on green units you should send me an invite - i run Verdandi so she should be helpful for farming and ranking up. 357.739.314

Took me nearly a year to have a somehow reliable team - now that i skilled up Sun Quan and Lilith its more or less 100%.

quickmemo_2015-06-12-x1ke7.png

Since my LKali is low lvl/non-skilled i need to team up with a high lvl and skilled LKali to prevent being orbtrolled on stage 1.

I always found the LMeta team was lacking dmg without many rows or TPAs...have you considered running Athena instead ? My success rate with her was like 50% but i didnt have max skilled Lilith at that time and died a bunch of times in stage 2 because i arrived too early -.-

saichi

Just finished DQ at around 5/20-ish running expert. I'm just not even going to bother with XQ skill ups, should work on fruit dragons just in case I ever use them.

The drop rate for the skill up mob just decreased significantly for me... I only got one drop in the last 10 runs on Expert :(

zoku88

The drop rate for the skill up mob just decreased significantly for me... I only got one drop in the last 10 runs on Expert :(

I haven't had that much luck either. I feel like I'm at a good skill up rate (probably around 30%), but my drop rate sucks, so I've only skilled up 3 times so far :-/

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day..

smbu2000

I like the new king REM that they have. For 500 points each you get at minimum a King or higher character. It's definitely helping me level up some of my characters. Especially when something like the fat king comes out.

I'm not really worried about evolution materials as I can farm for those myself.

Used the latest Green Noel to level up my Liu Bei #3. Now I have all 3 of them at level 90 or above. Just need to get awakenings for him and after finish levelling up Verdandi #2 to have my Verdandi/Verdandi/Liu Bei x 3 team ready to go.

The new Angel/Devil don't seem to want to appear for me. I ran Hera Is like 7 times yesterday. Also did a bit of Satan today as well and nothing. At least I used them to skill up my DQ Hera. She's halfway to max on her Gravity. (not like I use her though)

@razterik: Congrats on getting one of the new GF characters.
Hopefully I can get something good as well. Not going to try until the second half of the GF though. Still hoping for a Kali.
Are coin dungeons always 2x in Jpn?
Only during events, I believe. Otherwise they are normal. Unless they changed something.

cw_sasuke

2 more Friday runs... 2 more Devilth drops. Disgusting game design.

Got enough for one more JP roll with the free daily stone:

Wanted the red or green ones, but I'll take it. I think I can build a team for this. Please be good, AKarin~!
Looking forward to your impressions. These GF exclusives are more interesting to me than the batch of new one we got before.

razterik

Thanks. I'm a long way from using her seriously. Lot of blue work to be done first.

Gave up on the Angel/Devil invades. Rates too low or I'm unlucky. And don't get anything else repeating descends, so it's a waste.

Pulled most my points in the evo PAL to get red jewels for Awoken Leilan. She didn't get a single skill up. Should pick my second BFF to grab more points for the exp PAL. Not sure who I'm going with, likely someone who doesn't use Vegito because he's a third of my damn list right now.

coy

I use that team with a regular Metatron lead as my Friday farm team. Do you set up a manual CTW on FL3 like cosmo said? On the off chance my combo does not kill, one more combo should do it for Angelit.

Two more skillups on the DQXQ I picked up during PCGF to max skill. I also picked up a dub to uevo to DQ but tamas went to Goemon and Lu Bu. It feels good returning to the game and being able to progress at a rapid pace. Of the new pickups I received during PCGF, Lu Bu, DQXQ, Venus and Yomi are already max evolved and only DQ needs tamas for full awakenings. I am confident in taking down Cauchemar later today after work which means Parvati will also be on her way. Now for two more green jewels during this event.

I use that team with a regular Metatron lead as my Friday farm team. Do you set up a manual CTW on FL3 like cosmo said? On the off chance my combo does not kill, one more combo should do it for Angelit.

Two more skillups on the DQXQ I picked up during PCGF to max skill. I also picked up a dub to uevo to DQ but tamas went to Goemon and Lu Bu. It feels good returning to the game and being able to progress at a rapid pace. Of the new pickups I received during PCGF, Lu Bu, DQXQ, Venus and Yomi are already max evolved and only DQ needs tamas for full awakenings. I am confident in taking down Cauchemar later today after work which means Parvati will also be on her way. Now for two more green jewels during this event.

I'm finding it very difficult to set up a good CTW. I probably just need more practice at it.

Alright thanks,
still dont know if i should bother with skilling them up - i will be honest i am nearing 300 days still havent used one of the Fruit Dragons. For some reason i think this wont change anytime soon.

If you consider Jiggles suggestion and focus on green units you should send me an invite - i run Verdandi so she should be helpful for farming and ranking up. 357.739.314

Took me nearly a year to have a somehow reliable team - now that i skilled up Sun Quan and Lilith its more or less 100%.

quickmemo_2015-06-12-x1ke7.png

Since my LKali is low lvl/non-skilled i need to team up with a high lvl and skilled LKali to prevent being orbtrolled on stage 1.

I always found the LMeta team was lacking dmg without many rows or TPAs...have you considered running Athena instead ? My success rate with her was like 50% but i didnt have max skilled Lilith at that time and died a bunch of times in stage 2 because i arrived too early -.-

Hmm I'd consider Athena but thats a lot of XP and skill ups that would need to go into the team. I have most of that L.Kali team except D.Meta. What do you use her for?

xCobalt

Anyone have yet to do the best friends thing? I usually run Ronia, Kirin, Beelze and Awoken Lakshmi. Will also have Awoken Shiva whenever that comes around.

Raika

I've been getting only devilits today and I'm fucking crying, my LKali just needs one more skill up.

Why is farming the mythical evo mat you want so damn hard RNG pls.

colinp

Banned
Anyone attack Sonia Gran yet?

PadGuide says Kirin is a good team to take her down so I guess I'll give it a go when my stamina returns.

Ducarmel

Remember to feed sonia grand herself at least 9 times before you busty her, so you can save tamas.

Was thinking about using L kali but seems like there is a couple of floors you can get binded and i have no cards that have blind clear skill.

colinp

Banned
Remember to feed sonia grand herself at least 9 times before you busty her, so you can save tamas.

Was thinking about using L kali but seems like there is a couple of floors you can get binded and i have no cards that have blind clear skill.

This is when I pour one out to the RNG for giving me LMeta...

ccbfan

Not sure if serious or trolling?

Tamas are worth less than 50 stamina so even with the perfect Sonia grand team you're still losing out.

Ducarmel

Not sure if serious or trolling?

Tamas are worth less than 50 stamina so even with the perfect Sonia grand team you're still losing out.

Might as well do it that way since you will have a chance at skilling her up assuming you want to work on the card.

linsivvi

Took me 4 tries to kill Sonia Gran.

I'm sticking with feeding tamas, they are very cheap these days. I might not skill her up for a while, if at all.

razterik

Gran is too much effort for an outclassed 36x. Even at max skill, her active isn't very good. Her teams are pretty specific and half of her potential is missing without JP exclusive dragon cards. We're also spoiled by all the good Awokens that came out after her JP release. I'm going to pick up the stone and forget she exists. Won't bother getting dupes for awakenings or skill ups.

Epic Drop

Gran is too much effort for an outclassed 36x. Even at max skill, her active isn't very good. Her teams are pretty specific and half of her potential is missing without JP exclusive dragon cards. We're also spoiled by all the good Awokens that came out after her JP release. I'm going to pick up the stone and forget she exists. Won't bother getting dupes for awakenings or skill ups.

Totally agree. Back in January I was so excited for her, but after awoken lakshmi, awoken Shiva, ult lkali, etc I just don't have any interest in doing anything with Sonia gran at all.

cw_sasuke

2 more runs, 2 more devilith... I give up.
Hmm I'd consider Athena but thats a lot of XP and skill ups that would need to go into the team. I have most of that L.Kali team except D.Meta. What do you use her for?
As LGY she is mainly there for her skill boosts to have LKali and Lilith ready asap. Having a bind resist is a nice extra.

For Athena you would probably be fine with a mid lvl unit if you team up with a hypermaxed Athena. You only need one strong unit with TPAs to take out the dubs on stage 3.

Edit:

To be fair i also had GZL for the final floor but i dont think he is needed if you can provide enough yellow orbs for a couple TPAs at the end. My main issue was stage 2 and not having Lilith up soon enough.

yami4ct

Japanese Godfest was not great to me. Everything Beast Rider and later is this GF (minus the Extreme Tama, Mermaid, evo mats and exp dragons of course).

Pulled 8 times on the first day. Only got Sarasvati and Gadius (very last pull). Since I got Gadius, decided to save my last 2 pulls and hope for a Yamato, which I somehow managed to pull. Yay!

Guess I need some team building help on my JP pad now. Here's that account's PadHereder.

I'm guessing the best team I can make right now is still a Kirin team, but it doesn't hurt to check. Quick question about Gadius. Can you make a team with him and Yamato without Uriel and have some success? Obviously a Uriel would be ideal and hopefully I pull one eventually, but I'm not sure if he's really a 100% necessity.

Dupe Verdandi(Good I guess)
Drawn Joker(fffuuuu)
Silver Egg(dark Dragon Swordsmen)
Pierdra(FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu)

Sigh...There is way too much trash in these Godfests.

Top Bottom