• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

yami4ct

Used my 1 US pull on the Godfest today and got....Ronia! Freaking finally. Sure, she's past her prime now, but she'll be a killer sub on my Beelezebub team and occasional leader. Also, who know's what her Awoken form might bring.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I could pull once on this Godfest.. Or is just could stone my way through Ultimate God Rush! for Gaia. But I have a feeling that this isn't the best idea lol.

How high is the chance of Gaia dropping anyway? Getting Gaia would result in a top unit with Awoken Hades while gacha will probably result in something useless or a Dupe again.

Or I just wait for GYP to be back... Clearing the stage should be easy with the lowered restrictions.

Edit:

Nvm seems like the droprate isnt really good on God Rush - ill just wait.

Free stone/King metal.
As ok thanks.... Thought first it might be the fat metal king so I didnt wanna go in unprepared.

smbu2000

Didn't really get anything worthwhile from the GF.

Dupe Krishna on my iPad. That newest Kraken Rider (would be good with Awoken Lakshmi, but I don't have her), Hatsume and that Famiel (seems like a good fit for U&Y although I never use my U&Y team) on my iPhone.

Ran the Tamadra guerilla dungeon quite a few times and got the awakenings for my Liu Bei #3 and Verdandi #2 and Urd #2. Pretty happy with that. Just need to finish levelling up Verdandi. Still in the process of skilling them up.

I could pull once on this Godfest.. Or is just could stone my way through Ultimate God Rush! for Gaia. But I have a feeling that this isn't the best idea lol.

How high is the chance of Gaia dropping anyway? Getting Gaia would result in a top unit with Awoken Hades while gacha will probably result in something useless or a Dupe again.

Or I just wait for GYP to be back... Clearing the stage should be easy with the lowered restrictions.

Edit:

Nvm seems like the droprate isnt really good on God Rush - ill just wait.

As ok thanks.... Thought first it might be the fat metal king so I didnt wanna go in unprepared.
Well I'm pretty sure Gaia is the first boss on God Rush, so you'll know pretty quickly whether she drops or not, heh.

Ducarmel

One pull for day 2 on my jp alt got Sumire I have Sarasvati she would fit like a glove in her team, but I have no friends that use her.

I wish it was Keade, but with my weird luck I I will probably get Tsubaki sometime down the road ever since I picked up my jp alt again I keep getting Kirin or one of the newer gf exclusives, when all I really want is green tpa subs or L. Kali.

Looks like Ghost in the shell collab is coming really soon. That Tachikoma looking card is the Gaia killer we all wanted.

edit: looks like it starts tomorrow.

Decided to buy stones for the first time in a while, and ended up pulling 5 times. First 2 were meh, but then I pulled Horus, Ra, and Freyr.

Not bad.

Woo! I yolo rolled a Gadius! Excited to finally have a fire board board changer, and one that shouldn't be too hard to max skill.

Will roll once more tomorrow in hopes of an Indian 1.0.

Edit: why are 4 color board change actives on a longer cool down than the three color Norn and Chinese actives? That seems backwards.

Was only going to give the dragon a single tug, but they managed to extract extra rage rolls from me after pulling Zuo#2, GGY#2, Ronia#2, and Thanatos#72736.

cw_sasuke

lol lol....cleared Zhao Yun the first time with Verdandi.

So i fail to OHKO him ( had like 40% hp left) and he uses the move where he absorbs everything below 6 combos. I use Verdandis active...solid board...lets see how maximize combos...my hand slips and touches the screens..im like FUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

...but then i see the screen ...somehow got enough combos and damage to kill him after all. Man what a moment...would have been pissed losing the game because i messed up.

The weathers fault...its getting hotter here, should play that often outside xD
Well I'm pretty sure Gaia is the first boss on God Rush, so you'll know pretty quickly whether she drops or not, heh.
Hehe ...true. But i will wait...not ready for God Rush yet and i have waited so long a couple more weeks for Awoken Hades wont kill me.
Woo! I yolo rolled a Gadius! Excited to finally have a fire board board changer, and one that shouldn't be too hard to max skill.

Will roll once more tomorrow in hopes of an Indian 1.0.
Nice...congrats !!!
Do you have fitting subs for him ?
Decided to buy stones for the first time in a while, and ended up pulling 5 times. First 2 were meh, but then I pulled Horus, Ra, and Freyr.

Not bad.
Horus, Ra and Freyr back to back ? Not bad, not bad at all.

cw_sasuke

Yolo toll - Angel lol

Shouldnt have pulled - but nvm.
Sadly, no Yamato or Uriel. I do have Chiyome, who pairs well with his active. I might just end up using him as a sub.

Okay...well its a start at least. Will probably be more useful down the line ...did they introduce farmable units that macth the GFE ? Like the Grimoires for Norns.

J0dy77

Gran Sonia got Yamato'd.

Took three tries though, I really need Awoken Shiva right now.

What did your team look like? I'm wondering if it might be an easier clear for me.

I ended up zero stoning with this team. Didn't think I had any shot to clear but it worked out. The problem here is that you can get really trolled in the first round with the red absorb dragon. This was the first time I even used the new Goemon. Glad I had all that practice with his play style from the old kog farm days.

haqSftU.jpg

Negator

Ult Evoing that Bastet into G/L has significantly increased the damage that I can do. I went and bought one of those 250k coin dungeons and steamrolled the 40 stam dungeon and got 3 Pierdras!

I also went ahead and evo'd that Baby Tamadra that was in my box. I forgot how I got it.

I also got my 30 daily login bonus of 5 stones, yay!

Okamid3n

What did your team look like? I'm wondering if it might be an easier clear for me.

I tried Goemon first but I didn't succeed, I don't have any experience with teams like that.

Anyway, I used Yamato leads + Chiyome + Urd + Ares + Mamiya, just a ton of max skilled orb changers. I used Urd instead of Leilan because my Urd is (almost) max skilled and she makes heart orbs to let me heal back to full.

I got the red absorb dragon on turn one but he's easy to stall on with 3 heartmakers.

The hardest part is having enough skills left for the final floor. I got more than a little lucky to have tons of green orbs and one Yamato still up.

hermit7

Had a couple pulls and got all dupes. They need to start releasing some new pantheons. The new GFE are decent enough but are substandard compared to the new awoken evos. I am ready for Shiva and Bastet just needs the sphinx before I have all those mats.

J0dy77

I tried Goemon first but I didn't succeed, I don't have any experience with teams like that.

Anyway, I used Yamato leads + Chiyome + Urd + Ares + Mamiya, just a ton of max skilled orb changers. I used Urd instead of Leilan because my Urd is (almost) max skilled and she makes heart orbs to let me heal back to full.

I got the red absorb dragon on turn one but he's easy to stall on with 3 heartmakers.

The hardest part is having enough skills left for the final floor. I got more than a little lucky to have tons of green orbs and one Yamato still up.

I tried Yamato and ran out of burst for ronia while saving burst for gran. I might try the team again with high rcv.

Second floor is a very good place to stall but I still ran out of burst.

mike23

Was hoping for a Verdandi during the PCGF, but no luck.

Just did 8 pulls with 7 golds in a row and got her. Promptly max skilled with the 19 green fruits I had waiting in my box.

Unfortunately, Verd and Thor are the only non-dupes from those pulls. I now have 7 Durga and 4 l.meta

Hastati

I don't understand how I can do 5 runs on light fairy x2 and not get a shadron...or how I can feed 10 shadrons to DQXQ on skillup 2.5x and not get a skill up...THIS GAME

cw_sasuke

Yo Shardron drops could be better but got my first DQ to slv 5 - hope i can max skill her this week and the dupe one next week. Dont really have use for her yet...but maybe don the line.

@mike23

Wohoo...congrats man your Verdandi team - perfection.

Hastati

Having terrible luck with light sprite on expert. Have only gotten one skill up on my DQ.

I'm going to send GungHo a box with raffle tickets for a trip to Hawaii for Christmas, ask that they share the tickets among their employees, and save the winning ticket for myself. And then charge them for shipping.

razterik

Ran the JP Muse/Cao Cao survey 30 times with a stone and a rank up during 2x. Must have been over twenty feeds for 1 skill up on Cao Cao, which thankfully was the final one I needed.

I hope my luck on Wukong is better.

coy

Wish y'all had my good fortune when it came to DQXQ as I needed just two more skillups. Ran it once on Expert for two drops. Those two plus my spare from an earlier one was all I needed to get me my last two skillups. Moving on to Hello Kitty to try to max all five frutas.

I see a hyper Sonia Gran on my list. Not bad.

Hastati

Wish y'all had my good fortune when it came to DQXQ as I needed just two more skillups. Ran it once on Expert for two drops. Those two plus my spare from an earlier one was all I needed to get me my last two skillups. Moving on to Hello Kitty to try to max all five frutas.

I see a hyper Sonia Gran on my list. Not bad.

12 runs and 1 Shiron. WTF!

Also, how do they already have a maxed gran? That's awesome. Not sure it's really worth maxing though...?

I think I'm done with this game. I have been grinding for weeks and I'm still not making any progress. I think it's the team cost aspect that's really frustrating me. I just don't see the point of it. I have a good group of monsters, why gate me from using them?

So now I'm stuck getting one shotted whenever I fight a boss, which feels like a massive waste of time. The whole collection aspect is cool though, I wish the combat interested me enough to keep up with that. Maybe the Mario version is better since it's not free to play?

cw_sasuke

I think I'm done with this game. I have been grinding for weeks and I'm still not making any progress. I think it's the team cost aspect that's really frustrating me. I just don't see the point of it. I have a good group of monsters, why gate me from using them?

So now I'm stuck getting one shotted whenever I fight a boss, which feels like a massive waste of time. The whole collection aspect is cool though, I wish the combat interested me enough to keep up with that. Maybe the Mario version is better since it's not free to play?

Which rank are you ? I had trouble at first as well...that the guys here told me that i focus on ranking up first for higher stamina and team costs - once you get this done this game will start to flow.

razterik

Which rank are you ? I had trouble at first as well...that the guys here told me that i focus on ranking up first for higher stamina and team costs - once you get this done this game will start to flow.

41. It has gotten a little better, but not enough to actually beat the end of Tomb of the Saints deep. (Or what I think is the end).

I'm fighting a light and dark lady at the end. I swear I've fought them and one was on a three turn countdown and the other was on two. But the past couple times they were both one two. I think this game is just designed to hate me.

Hastati

41. It has gotten a little better, but not enough to actually beat the end of Tomb of the Saints deep. (Or what I think is the end).

I'm fighting a light and dark lady at the end. I swear I've fought them and one was on a three turn countdown and the other was on two. But the past couple times they were both one two. I think this game is just designed to hate me.

What's your lead?

What's your lead?

Right now, my best lead is Incarnation of Sazaku, Leilan. She's not Insanely strong, but she has a color combo that puts the hurt on almost anything that gets hit by it. Her super almost guarantees it's gonna happen too, and I have a fire orb as well so I can't pop those frequently.

My strongest leader is Phoenix Blossom, Graceful Valkyrie. But she costs so much I can't get a functioning team with her. I can also use Drawn Joker to ease up on some of the damage from one of the bosses. But then I can't do enough damage to make it matter.

Ducarmel

Right now, my best lead is Incarnation of Sazaku, Leilan. She's not Insanely strong, but she has a color combo that puts the hurt on almost anything that gets hit by it. Her super almost guarantees it's gonna happen too, and I have a fire orb as well so I can't pop those frequently.

My strongest leader is Phoenix Blossom, Graceful Valkyrie. But she costs so much I can't get a functioning team with her. I can also use Drawn Joker to ease up on some of the damage from one of the bosses. But then I can't do enough damage to make it matter.

If you are up for the grind you can quickly get your team cost up if you run Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower during 1/2 stamina until like rank 80-90 or until you sick and tired of it.

Post your box maybe you have something better you did not know you have. You maybe able to build a team to take on hello kitty for even better exp to rank up later on before it ends..

Hastati

You should be able to clear a ton of medium rank dungeons with Leilan, but it depends on what sub cards you are using and how efficient you are with orb management. Unfortunately, your rank doesn't allow for too many medium cost cards, so you may need to get creative with your subs. According to this chart you should have 51 total cost?

There are a couple of low level orb changers that would work with leilan: The second or third evolution of Samurai Goblin is a great sub that's easy to skill up, decent synergy with leilan. I would get rid of drawn joker for a different heart maker if you can. What blue yellow and green cards do you have? If you send me a list I could help you out.

Edit:
If you are up for the grind you can quickly get your team cost up if you run Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower during 1/2 stamina until like rank 80-90 or until you sick and tired of it.
This would also help a lot. You are restricted by your team cost, and a day of grinding off and on would open up your options a lot.

Also try to farm an echidna if you can and don't have one. She's ridiculously useful.

Good advice, thanks.

I'm not sure how to post my box, but I'll try later on. In the mean time my strong characters for each color are:

Red:shaitan, shiva, the two I mentioned and red knight nim.

Blue: Fernir knight kamui, undine, blue hello kitty frog.

Green: zhuge liang, earth dragon, flower chimera.

Yellow: raphial, radious, firefly squid.

Purple: apple drawn, devil eye, mk. II, cerebus the Guardian of hell.

Also have some ninjas and dual colored hello kitties.

Also, where can I farm an echidna?

Hastati

Good advice, thanks.

I'm not sure how to post my box, but I'll try later on. In the mean time my strong characters for each color are:

Red:shaitan, shiva, the two I mentioned and red knight nim.

Blue: Fernir knight kamui, undine, blue hello kitty frog.

Green: zhuge liang, earth dragon, flower chimera.

Yellow: raphial, radious, firefly squid.

Purple: apple drawn, devil eye, mk. II, cerebus the Guardian of hell.

Also have some ninjas and dual colored hello kitties.

Also, where can I farm an echidna?

Volcano of Vulcan is the earliest, pretty low drop rate but you only need one for now. Not really worth farming for max skill until later, but even an unevolved echidna can save you at lower levels.

I would build a team of high level low cost monsters. Unfortunately, a lot of your cards will just eat up team cost for now, so it'd be better to grind a little bit to up that cost and use cards like the aforementioned Samurai Goblin and anything that has a skill to give you light, red or green orbs, or things that have skills for hearts.

Top Bottom