• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Two stoned Sonia Gran today, could have been a no stone, but I fat fingered a Ra active at gronia, died/stoned/orb trolled/died/stoned/ took the rest of them down.

I agree with the sentiment that Ronia is the real boss, Sonia gran giving you essentially three turns to kill her is ridiculous.

Yesterday was really productive, ulti mate evolved dai xaio, fully awoke her, evolved and then ultimate evolved my Perseus, evolved my Phoenix (missing a red keeper for ultimate evo), and then evolved thuergia (so that makes all the materials for awoken shiva).

Today I took down Sonia gran, got my last skill up on Haku, and started the skill up hunt for dai xao. I'm not pulling today because I have every Norse but I&I, and I have Bastet (two of her), Ra and Anubis. I only have 1 Indian 2, lots of Parvati and shivas (three of each) but I think I can spare a single yolo pull

Ducarmel

Volcano of Vulcan is the earliest, pretty low drop rate but you only need one for now. Not really worth farming for max skill until later, but even an unevolved echidna can save you at lower levels.

These days I don't think its worth it wasting stamina for her in the lower tier dungeons, he will have a better chance getting her in the normal dragon dungeons but that means beating Ocean of heaven.

Which TurboLibre probably will be able to do since he does have Shiva just need to make sure to stall enough to make sure his skill is up for Neptune.

Negator

I ended up getting past Neptune with the Git Gud method and popping G/L Bastet active with another paired G/L Bastet. Nuked him dead.

Hastati

These days I don't think its worth it wasting stamina for her in the lower tier dungeons, he will have a better chance getting her in the normal dragon dungeons but that means beating Ocean of heaven.

Which TurboLibre probably will be able to do since he does have Shiva just need to make sure to stall enough to make sure his skill is up for Neptune.

Yeah, I didn't think he was there yet. But it's probably best for him to just grind his rank up until he can afford team cost, and then move onward as you say.

Kyuur

Right now, my best lead is Incarnation of Sazaku, Leilan. She's not Insanely strong, but she has a color combo that puts the hurt on almost anything that gets hit by it. Her super almost guarantees it's gonna happen too, and I have a fire orb as well so I can't pop those frequently.

My strongest leader is Phoenix Blossom, Graceful Valkyrie. But she costs so much I can't get a functioning team with her. I can also use Drawn Joker to ease up on some of the damage from one of the bosses. But then I can't do enough damage to make it matter.

A suggestion for an super early farmable team: get 2x Ruby Carbuncle and 2x Topaz Carbuncle, evolve them and throw some levels. Get a couple of friends with Valkyrie (find them on PADX), throw at least one Tama on yours to unlock TPA. Match 4 orbs whenever possible and you should be able to take down Hello Kitty - Master which will instantly rank you up for a while. The drops there also give pretty decent fusion exp.

Not sure if Legend would be doable (gives even more exp, letting you rank up in one shot up to rank 80ish) with the low HP. Could solve by finding a different friend leader with something like 2x HP, 2x ATK for Healers (Archangel is one I think).

Edit: Actually, instead of Carbuncles you can evolve Shynee(s) instead. This should give you some extra burst and they have less cost. The only problem is that his evolution materials are harder to come by. Kitty BadShynee (dark/light Hello Kitty) is okay to put in your team instead, although his cost is a bit higher. You can throw in dublits (only 1 cost) when you have an open slot that can't yet be filled.

Hastati

I drew two extra Venuses last god rush and don't know what to do with them...should I just take the time to awaken three of them!? All them rows

I don't understand how I can do 5 runs on light fairy x2 and not get a shadron...or how I can feed 10 shadrons to DQXQ on skillup 2.5x and not get a skill up...THIS GAME
Got this earlier today:

3yKzOrS.jpg

Went 2/5, only need two more.

Pulled once more.

Goetia

Decent stats but pretty crap awakenings. I don't see a use for her really?

Right now, not too much. They've been making a push to have more orb enhancing, like with Sarasvati new leader skill, so maybe in half a year they'll have enough leaders and newer monsters to support stacking lots of orb enhancing onto a team, like how they've shoved TPA down everyone's throat 'fixed' TPA over the last year.

Wife pulled twice in her non-IAP JP alt...this is just insane.

gVJ5lf9.png

She took my D kali. =(

Right now, not too much. They've been making a push to have more orb enhancing, like with Sarasvati new leader skill, so maybe in half a year they'll have enough leaders and newer monsters to support stacking lots of orb enhancing onto a team, like how they've shoved TPA down everyone's throat 'fixed' TPA over the last year.

To the bench she goes.

yami4ct

Deciding to try and skill-up all the berry dragons I can while the HK collab is around has turned out to be a very boring decision. Running the Kingdom dungeon over and over is pretty tedious. Oh well, only have 1 Skill Up left on Grape and have about half the skills on the others done. As soon as this is over, I'll finally get to work on my devil team!

I posted this last night, but it got ate up in the page shift. Anyone want to look at the PadHerder for my JP account and give me a few tips on what direction to go? I feel like Kirin is still the best team I've got, but a fresh set of eyes can't hurt.

Ducarmel

I posted this last night, but it got ate up in the page shift. Anyone want to look at the PadHerder for my JP account and give me a few tips on what direction to go? I feel like Kirin is still the best team I've got, but a fresh set of eyes can't hurt.

Your Gadius would be a little stronger and easier to play with in the short term until you can ultimate ultimate Kirin.

Gadius, Yamato, Drall, Homura, last spot can be echindna or what everr red card you can get.

I guess you can also run farmable Pandora team.

yami4ct

Your Gadius would be a little stronger and easier to play with in the short term until you can ultimate ultimate Kirin.

Gadius, Yamato, Drall, Homura, last spot can be echindna or what everr red card you can get.

I guess you can also run farmable Pandora team.

I was sort of thinking that, but I didn't know how well Gaidus ran without Uriel. I'll probably give it a try. I can probably run it until I get better Pandora or Kirin subs or get Uriel and have a great Gadius team.

Gross. WHY.
I went nuts and just stoned it a few times, finally got one maxed and dread the thought of doing it again. I had better drops for the fairy on expert than Shiron. Game is out to get me.
2/4 feed to max my DQXQ (5/11 overall) - too bad I have no use for her

The trick to getting good rates is to not care/want the skillups. Which means Wukong will surely go 0/10 for me. :[

Hastati

I spend 200 stamina today without a single skill up :S

I think Yoda is right. They must have logic that states that, if a player is repeating the same dungeon x number of times (and/or spending stones for stamina regen), the drop rate gradually lowers to get you to spend more.

I'm sure this isn't true, but belief is a powerful rationalizing force. I'm sorry for you though ;-;

Kyuur

G. Odin with my first pull. Pretty decent, good stats once leveled up to stick on my Verd team for now. Not sure how useful his active is, damage seems rather negligible compared to even most mid game bosses.

Now to wait for the free stone to come in for a second pull.

Zero_IYAD

Took me a few tries, but finally zero stoned a run:

tumblr_npv03ckOyp1srgzyyo1_1280.jpg

I need my stylus to arrive ASAP *^*
The more I play PAD on my 3DS, the worse I become on my phone!
I can't use my finger properly anymore!

Ducarmel

anybody know what this guy is trying to tell me.

This person sent me a friend request i accepted.

Then almost immediately they best friend-ed me I don't know why, then i got the above message yesterday.

smbu2000

Managed to pull once more before the GF ended and I pulled an Amon on my iPad and a freaking pierdrawn on my iPhone... ;_;

Cleared Sphinx again now I have 3 for my Bastet/Horus/Anubis. Just need to level/evolve them and pick up a Medjedra for Bastet. I already have 2 Thoths.

Also cleared Challenge dungeon 7/8 on my iPad. Will try later on my iPhone (been trying to get dub mythlits from KoG to evolve all of my mats.)

anybody know what this guy is trying to tell me.

This person sent me a friend request i accepted.

Then almost immediately they best friend-ed me I don't know why, then i got the above message yesterday.
He's saying that if it's possible could you put up your Hathor. It would be very helpful for him and he'd be thankful to you.

His name is Yamayo @ recruiting Hathor (friends)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Not the best weekend in terms of progress - but just max skilled Kushi, one one my first good units and OG member of the U&Y team - felt good.
Took me a few tries, but finally zero stoned a run:

I need my stylus to arrive ASAP *^*
The more I play PAD on my 3DS, the worse I become on my phone!
I can't use my finger properly anymore!

Ui congrats...you are good if you can activate Ra just like that :eek:
NO Kali or subs with fingers :eek: Im impressed !!

Ducarmel

He's saying that if it's possible could you put up your Hathor. It would be very helpful for him and he'd be thankful to you.

His name is Yamayo @ recruiting Hathor (friends)

thanks, funny I figured that could have been it he friend-ed me when I had Hathor up.

Ducarmel

Is it worth using Verdandi on a Gadius team? I just realized her active would be pretty perfect.
Her main attribute being off color does not make her a good sub

Like bring her if your desperate for another full board orb changer and she is all you got, but in general try to stick close to mono red.

Her main attribute being off color does not make her a good sub

Like bring her if your desperate for another full board orb changer and she is all you got, but in general try to stick close to mono red.
Yeah I'm lacking in the red cards that create hearts. I actually don't think Verdandi being off color will matter that much. With 36x on top of row enhance, damage isn't really an issue. The team I'm looking at is:

Gadius/Chiyome/Verdandi/Strawberry Dragon/???/Gadius

That last slot could go to Laila, Cao Cao. Really wish I had Yamato or Uriel here. But this team has promise. Not a lot of utility, but tons of damage.

hermit7

Rolled a zuoh today and am unsure how it is going to be as a card. It seems fairly strong with a bunch of meimei and ninjas. As a sub it is ideal for full board change paired and with a hanzo you get extra utility (say using hanzo on floor one with Haku and again with Zuoh on a later floor for good burst).

I am unsure what his long term outlook is going to be.

coy

Not the best weekend in terms of progress - but just max skilled Kushi, one one my first good units and OG member of the U&Y team - felt good.

Ui congrats...you are good if you can activate Ra just like that :eek:
NO Kali or subs with fingers :eek: Im impressed !!
When S-rank dungeons were first implemented, Zero put up screenshots of the score screen and they were always impressive. I am unsurprised by this latest accomplishment.

tr4656

Rolled a zuoh today and am unsure how it is going to be as a card. It seems fairly strong with a bunch of meimei and ninjas. As a sub it is ideal for full board change paired and with a hanzo you get extra utility (say using hanzo on floor one with Haku and again with Zuoh on a later floor for good burst).

Most of the new GFEs are very viable especially if you have more ideal subs.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Skill-up 9/19 on Sonia Gran, then 0/6, oh well...

Congrats man. Zuoh has hight burst dmg even with farmable subs. But the RCV, which is needed for some harder dungeons, ask for a very high plussed team.

razterik

I hate these level up Legend+ descends. New one should be super easy with Minerva, but I keep getting stalled out at Holy Dragon. My team isn't high enough level by that point to burst him down without using all my actives and then I die to Threedia instead.

It's like low cost trolling in a whole new way. "Yeah, we'll let you use all those fancy new evos you worked on so hard. But now they're level 1 and all their stats suck. Enjoy!"

yami4ct

Messing around with Gadius on my JP account and I really, really dig it. It's a fun change from running straight TPA teams or rainbow teams. It definitely seems like he needs some pretty specific subs to reach his potential and run top tier content, but I still really dig him. Time to start saving stones for an angel Godfest in hopes of getting a Uriel.

jay23

Having better luck running light sprite on master, after not getting a drop on expert 8 runs in a row. Only missing 1 more skill up, debating on whether I should work on my dupe dqxq even tho I don't have a proper team yet.

Azusa

Another Monday another day of plus egg grinding. Last Monday I managed to get 81 plus egg. I hope to beat this today. My new leaders LKali and Lakshmi need plus egg.

I know that most casual players just feed previous plused leads to the new ones but I can't do it.

cw_sasuke

Finally!! Shinpy get!
Nice...which unit are you using it on?

Another Monday another day of plus egg grinding. Last Monday I managed to get 81 plus egg. I hope to beat this today. My new leaders LKali and Lakshmi need plus egg.

I know that most casual players just feed previous plused leads to the new ones but I can't do it.
Wait.... How do you farm so many +eggs I a single day? I need like 3 months to get as many :eek:

Azusa

Wait.... How do you farm so many +eggs I a single day? I need like 3 months to get as many :eek:

Forbidden Tower - 4.
I don't have Rodin but at least I can use Ronia + friend Rodins and spam this dungeon when I have time. I don't remember how many stones I have used. Maybe 8 or 10. Its way better than to roll two silver eggs or another useless god.

razterik

Stone this all day long.

Ronia? No Vritra or Lu Bu? Only need friend Rodins and a strong enough breath active with two skill boosts to compliment Goemon. Can even use Ardberg or something similar and match one off color orb set first before button pressing your way through. That's still faster than matching Ronia, especially if you're using her for the final floor instead of a full Goemon board. Or use Ronia first floor (assuming no high defense spawns), quick swipe, then Goemon->Rodin->Rodin->Rodin->Rodin->swipe Goemon board.

cw_sasuke

Oh wow.. Ok def will have to give it a shot next time. Sounds like a better investment than wasting your stones in shitty pulls.

Do you have to use max skilled Rodins?

Edit.

Nvm seeing that Rodin has +3 skill ups lol.

Azusa

Stone this all day long.

Ronia? No Vritra or Lu Bu? Only need friend Rodins and a strong enough breath active with two skill boosts to compliment Goemon. Can even use Ardberg or something similar and match one off color orb set first before button pressing your way through. That's still faster than matching Ronia, especially if you're using her for the final floor instead of a full Goemon board.

Yeah Ronia for the final floor. :( Don't have anything mentioned.

Top Bottom