• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

Added more in edit. If you're matching Ronia at all, it's likely slowing you down. Consider dropping a Rodin and using a max skill Goemon(like mine, wink wink). He kills a floor and makes the boss a simple board swipe. If a high defense spawns first floor, use a Rodin first then Ronia next floor and button press the rest.

Negator

What the hell is up with this challenge dungeon? I make an awful Light/Dark/Water team to do them, and I go in and see fire orbs and no dark orbs!

GUNGHO PLS

Ducarmel

yeah went in thinking i was going to wreck the first 3 with my pandora, thought i was crazy for a second.

saw this on facebook lol
RpMAklw.jpg

jay23

WOW I can't believe I just went 3/3 on my final DQ skill ups. This is the type of stuff you hear about and wonder if it would ever happen to you.
I should go roll the rem.

J0dy77

Thought I posted it yesterday, couldn't find my old post. I pulled a couple times in the Indian fest since I don't have much from either pantheon. Ended up with Sarasvati and Cinderella, both new. How good is Sarsavati as a lead? Playstyle seems interesting and I always hear more about Krishna.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Thought I posted it yesterday, couldn't find my old post. I pulled a couple times in the Indian fest since I don't have much from either pantheon. Ended up with Sarasvati and Cinderella, both new. How good is Sarsavati as a lead? Playstyle seems interesting and I always hear more about Krishna.

Sarsavati is insanely powerful, with dmg output on par with Juggler, but, too REM dependent though...

J0dy77

Sarsavati is insanely powerful, with dmg output on par with Juggler, but, too REM dependent though...

What does the team normally look like? Blonia is the obvious one to me but not sure who else would be a staple.

WOW I can't believe I just went 3/3 on my final DQ skill ups. This is the type of stuff you hear about and wonder if it would ever happen to you.
I should go roll the rem.

IT'S A TRAP!!

Ducarmel

What does the team normally look like? Blonia is the obvious one to me but not sure who else would be a staple.
She needs fast orb changers and she has a lot of them.

Nut, Hatsume, Kamui, Andromeda, U&Y, Blue Valk, Siegfried, Snow White, Hermes, Gabriel and Karin are a little better subs then Blonia when thinking about cd.

Skuld is great too better when paired with Kamui or Snow White and maybe one dayTrunks if DBZ ever comes to NA, or with Siegfried/ Blue Valk

Sun Quan is a good utility sub if you go mostly healer.

My team has Nut, Skuld, Karin, Snow White/Kamui

J0dy77

She needs fast orb changers and she has a lot of them.

Nut, Hatsume, Kamui, Andromeda, U&Y, Blue Valk, Siegfried, Snow White, Hermes, Gabriel and Karin are a little better subs then Blonia when thinking about cd.

Skuld is great too better when paired with Kamui or Snow White and maybe one dayTrunks if DBZ ever comes to NA, or with Siegfried/ Blue Valk

Sun Quan is a good utility sub if you go mostly healer.

My team has Nut, Skuld, Karin, Snow White/Kamui

That was what I figured, pair that with Blonia for some final burst (don't have Blonia though).

I do have U&Y, Karin, Hermes, Seigfreid, Sun Quan and fendrir. I'm thinking U&Y, Karin, Hermes and Fenrir. I like Fenrir over Seigfreid since he has a TPA (not much row attack on this team) and he'll have nice synergy with both U&Y and Karin. Only problem with these blue teams is RCV. Too many physical cards.

Ocean Dragon Knight drop rates are awful. Only 3 Warons in 12ish runs. Guess that balances out my Shiron drops on Sunday lol. Not going to bother spending any more stamina on this until 2x coin dungeon drops arrive.

hermit7

The key is max skilled Sara and low cool down orb changers. You can go two prong with uy and Valk and hatsume blodin for low cool down and 2 prong. Maybe with a karin for full orb change.

Those are all rem subs though. I have a low level that's awoken but will probably not use it unless the insect dragons s come around outside of coins dungeons. Not worth the coin and stone investment with other viable blue leads already.

What are people's team ideas for awoken shiva? I was figuring shiva, urd, hino, chiyome, Cao Cao, friend shiva would be pretty good with low cool down and a focus on 2 prong. I still have Lelian and Minerva as well but I haven't seen videos of him in action so I am not sure of the ideal team comps.

tr4656

The key is max skilled Sara and low cool down orb changers. You can go two prong with uy and Valk and hatsume blodin for low cool down and 2 prong. Maybe with a karin for full orb change.

Those are all rem subs though. I have a low level that's awoken but will probably not use it unless the insect dragons s come around outside of coins dungeons. Not worth the coin and stone investment with other viable blue leads already.

What are people's team ideas for awoken shiva? I was figuring shiva, urd, hino, chiyome, Cao Cao, friend shiva would be pretty good with low cool down and a focus on 2 prong. I still have Lelian and Minerva as well but I haven't seen videos of him in action so I am not sure of the ideal team comps.

Yours would work fine. JP players alternate the team a bit depending on the dungeon but Urd + Hino is solid.

mike23

Steamrolled Hera-Is Legend and Mythical with this team paired up with a +297ish Verdandi friend. After the PCGF I've completely run through most of my rare evo materials. I only have a single green keeper out of all of Verdandi's materials. I'm also hoping we get Tamadra Retreat this week so I can awaken her and my third Liu Bei

yami4ct

Trying to put together a future Awoken Shiva team to sort of round out my squads and could use a bit of help. Here's my PadHerder.

My initial thought is Shiva/A.Kagu/R.Valk/Urd/Yamato/Shiva.

My one worry is that R.Valk+Kagu might be too many heartbreakers, but Valk has the two TPAs giving her extra damage and she has the utility of low cooldown. The one replacement I can think of would be Leilan, but I would lose a TPA and the combo of her board change+Yamato seems a bit risky in terms of getting to 6 combos for Shiva's leader skill.

coy

I decided to spend time +egg farming today (thanks to the Rodin friends of mine). 4 stones, a rank up, and whatever natural stamina I gained netted me 48 +eggs along with 3 king metals and 3 dubtops from Forbidden Tower - 4. I am aiming towards strengthening my wood-based teams. However, if I do luck into a L.Kali, she will definitely be top priority. She's the main sub I am missing for an Awoken Ra team which would've been the focus of my +eggs had I pulled her during PCGF.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cleared Thoth & Sopdet Descended! Mythical for the first time - got the Thoth drop also Challenge lvl 1-6 done - i need to clear lvl 7 this time and get my first Wood Py. Looking at the stage it seems to get easier with every encounter which is...kinda weird.

Which teams do you guys use for ch. lvl 7 ? I could use U&Y but only one Sun Quan active probably isnt enough to defeat all foes since i will probably need it for the KoG and to break Ras defense.

I have cleared Tuesday dungeon a couple of times...but just to make sure.,..how many turns do you have until KoG attacks for +100k ? 5 turns iirc but just wanna be sure.

Verdandi could work out - but i dont know if i can kill KoG and the second stage without using too many skills.

PS. Tamadra retreat tomorrow
Straight to LKali!

Still can't reliably do the Friday and similar to you (I think?) I keep getting Devilits!
Still have yet to have an Angelit drop. All the ones i've gotten are from the gatchas haha

Hehe okay makes sense...thats messed up, thoght it was just me being unlucky but Angelit seem to be just rare -.-

Ducarmel

Trying to put together a future Awoken Shiva team to sort of round out my squads and could use a bit of help. Here's my PadHerder.

My initial thought is Shiva/A.Kagu/R.Valk/Urd/Yamato/Shiva.

My one worry is that R.Valk+Kagu might be too many heartbreakers, but Valk has the two TPAs giving her extra damage and she has the utility of low cooldown. The one replacement I can think of would be Leilan, but I would lose a TPA and the combo of her board change+Yamato seems a bit risky in terms of getting to 6 combos for Shiva's leader skill.
The top rated TPA Shiva team has 2xKagu and RValk. So I don't think to many heart breakers is much of a worry when the point of the team is to kill everything before it kills you. I think its a good team maybe when 3k comes around throwin all your stones away for Cao Cao to replace Yamato for an even better TPA team.

You can also build a /skill boost team 2x Yamato, Ronia, Awoken Leilan (Another Ronia would be better). This assumes everything is max skilled and awoken. This is for dungeons that are like 5 floors and you want to kill everything quickly.

Most of this info come from here

if translated link does not work here is the source https://game8.jp/matome/21921&usg=ALkJrhhPplyGtCQfNMIr9CtD4RwVNFcSFA

am_dragon

Ocean Dragon Knight drop rates are awful. Only 3 Warons in 12ish runs. Guess that balances out my Shiron drops on Sunday lol. Not going to bother spending any more stamina on this until 2x coin dungeon drops arrive.

It's just RNG... I used about about 1200 stamina on Ocean of Heaven, minus a couple hundred spent on higher xp dungeons to make a rank. I ran it last weekend, ranked up 2x and used 4 stones. I got a total of 14 drops and that took my Sun Quan from 2 - 6 (max).

Last week I max skilled Urd, Sun Quan, Da Qiao, and Sun Wukong. With the coin dungeon change now I'm looking at Freyr, I&I, and Saravati.

hermit7

Have spent around 700 stamina on light sprite and have yet to get a DROP of shiron.

Not quite sure what to do I would like to max skill dq but desire sensor is strong

Leveled up my PAD skills over the past couple of months, now I'm at rank 125 running a Ronia/HSA Lucifer/Dark Minerva/Echidna/?

I'm always looking for Ronia/Lu Bu friends, but need more GAF friends! Add me guys!
355,142,376 (kevo@GAF)

Jonsoncao

Banned
Leveled up my PAD skills over the past couple of months, now I'm at rank 125 running a Ronia/HSA Lucifer/Dark Minerva/Echidna/?

I'm always looking for Ronia/Lu Bu friends, but need more GAF friends! Add me guys!
355,142,376 (kevo@GAF)

Just added you, my name in the game is Jon.

Hypermaxed Ronia always in my first slot.
Hyper'd Beelz/Lu Bu normally as current team.
I switch to DMeta/Kirin/Minerva/Sonia Gran to tackle challenge dungeon or legend plus sometimes.

Have spent around 700 stamina on light sprite and have yet to get a DROP of shiron.

Not quite sure what to do I would like to max skill dq but desire sensor is strong

Wait for 2x drop man...maxed mine a few days ago. Based on experience it is almost 80% drop rate for Shiron in the master difficulty.

linsivvi

Yeah it was announced a while ago. Obviously this will be very hard. 21 floors and no continue so it's probably impossible for most players.

The thing is the power creep will continue so eventually this dungeon will be doable for many people, which means unlimited skillup somewhere down the line. Maybe in a year or so?

hermit7

Just added you, my name in the game is Jon.

Hypermaxed Ronia always in my first slot.
Beelz normally as current team.
I switch to DMeta/Kirin/Minerva/Sonia Gran to tackle challenge dungeon or legend plus sometimes.

Wait for 2x drop man...maxed mine a few days ago. Based on experience it is almost 80% drop rate for Shiron in the master difficulty.

Yeah I am aware of that. I only need like 3 I think skills on the first one and then all of a second one that I rolled in the pcgf. I am not too upset as it is all overflow left over after challenge and descends. Will definitely be finishing the first one at the very least however.

Did Cao Cao get a survey dungeon for firon? I thought I had remembered that but I may be mistaken.

tr4656

Yeah it was announced a while ago. Obviously this will be very hard. 21 floors and no continue so it's probably impossible for most players.

The thing is the power creep will continue so eventually this dungeon will be doable for many people, which means unlimited skillup somewhere down the line. Maybe in a year or so?

I can't see it being that difficult.

yami4ct

https://twitter.com/DaikeYamamoto/status/610838717217943552

they hinted at this during the big livestream recently too. what could it be

Maybe it's some sort of rarity based currency? The rarer the card is, the more you get. You can then trade it in for Tamas or something. That might be way to easy to game, though. I honestly don't know.

If they could give me something I legitimately could do with my damn 2 extra Grodin's, I'll be pumped.

Ducarmel

Maybe feed dupes for an even lower cool down or increase stats beyond there weighted value? Or maybe being able to add a third sub type/attribute!

yami4ct

Maybe feed dupes for an even lower cool down or increase stats beyond there weighted value? Or maybe being able to add a third sub type/attribute!

New subtypes are possible. I was thinking about adding a 3rd element to monsters, but I feel like that might make Rainbow teams so insanely versatile that we'll see new teams that are almost too powerful.

zoku88

I finally max skilled my DXDQ. After spending all saturday trying to level up from 4 (which failed), I got levels 5 and 6 today with only like 5 runs.

yami4ct

It would have to be balanced, sub element are 33% atk, so I imagine a 3rd Element would probably be like 9% or lower.

The damage wouldn't really be the issue, I feel. It would make some teams almost too flexible. I'm sure Japanese super theory crafters could come up with better examples, but imagine an Awoken Ra team that could somehow squeeze in another Kali. The rigidity of 2 colors helps limit the power of some teams.

Ducarmel

The damage wouldn't really be the issue, I feel. It would make some teams almost too flexible. I'm sure Japanese super theory crafters could come up with better examples, but imagine an Awoken Ra team that could somehow squeeze in another Kali. The rigidity of 2 colors helps limit the power of some teams.

yeah i guess that would give rainbow teams an advantage.

My other idea was like how in terra battle cards have multiple skills that can be swapped out. REM card could have 2nd or even 3rd skills and the only compromise is they cant be max skilled or skill boosted by awakenings. Maybe another compromise could be only leader cards can use it.

yami4ct

yeah i guess that would give rainbow teams an advantage.

My other idea was like how in terra battle cards have multiple skills that can be swapped out. REM card could have 2nd or even 3rd skills and the only compromise is they cant be max skilled or skill boosted by awakenings. Maybe another compromise could be only leader cards can use it.

I have a feeling it's a new mechanic that we honestly don't know we want, but will be obvious once they reveal it. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

ZeroAKA

Beat Thoth/Sopdet Mythical with a Lu Bu/Ronia team and got the Sopdet drop. I had to spend a stone because I made a dumb mistake at the Chaser, but it'll be worth it once I get Awoken Ra. Now I just have to beat Sphinx.

I have a feeling it's a new mechanic that we honestly don't know we want, but will be obvious once they reveal it. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

I've heard wishful thinking that it's a way to convert monsters into +eggs. I'm assuming recycling dupes would give something big like +50 while recycled trash fodder would just be a single +stat.

Ducarmel

there is so much trash in the pem, if you plan to do it that way make sure you do it when rare evo is not active.

Is Fire Insect dragon Mythical not an option for you if you got the coins and willing to stone for stamina it is active in the coin dungeon. edit: just read he does not invade in coin dungeon. well good luck with the PEM.

coy

Took the lazy route with double Luci to do T&S Mythical and got Thoth. I'll need Sopdet for Ra but Horus is almost set now. I was watching the Warriors-Cavs game and wanted to think less during the run. Then I die on C6 as I was trying to rush things after the game concluded. Best to tackle it another day.

saichi

was really frustrated with all the farming and drop rate until now... just went 3/4 on DQ skill up and max skilled her!!!

now I have to decide if I want to max skill XQ...

Spoit

Is there a point to skill up fruit dragons? Are they useful in any end game teams?

If you're overflowing with tamas, they have some really nice awakenings. But yeah, I guess it'd be most likely only really useful for like, awoken parvarti/Lakshmi

linsivvi

Maybe feed dupes for an even lower cool down or increase stats beyond there weighted value?

I hope that's not it. It's the worst thing in many FTP games. In many games not only do you need a REM pull, but you will need 5 copies of it to maximize the monster.

Is there a point to skill up fruit dragons? Are they useful in any end game teams?
I plan on using Strawberry on my Gadius team. I think its a better fit than Berry/Melon on Lakshmi/Parvati since my Gadius team is actually row focused. With Gadius leaders and Strawberry alone, I have 6 rows and 5 orb enhance. Gives me a bit of freedom in choosing the other subs.

Top Bottom