• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

If you are done re-rolling, you are done re-rolling.

Beast rider is a sub for specific teams and a great orb changer.

really not even on the starting tier list, and if your not planning on spending any money - well good luck.

Yah, he's the first five star I've gotten and it's been days since I started rolling. I wanted to actually play the game.

And, welp, just pulled a +1 Marine Rider, that's not bad thing, I think.

ZeroAKA

Yah, he's the first five star I've gotten and it's been days since I started rolling. I wanted to actually play the game.

And, welp, just pulled a +1 Marine Rider, that's not bad thing, I think.
You might hit a wall very quickly if you stick with Marine Rider. He's just not very good as a starter pull (bad leader skill, mediocre stats, and a very situational active skill).

You might hit a wall very quickly if you stick with Marine Rider. He's just not very good as a starter pull (bad leader skill, mediocre stats, and a very situational active skill).

Well, I have both him and Beast Rider. Would it be worth it to try and reroll? I have been noticing that they seem kind of weak.

ZeroAKA

Well, I have both him and Beast Rider. Would it be worth it to try and reroll? I have been noticing that they seem kind of weak.
I would reroll for something that's not a Rider. You can also stick with the game, save up stones, and spend all of them during the next Goofiest event.

jiggle

Are all those characters rem?

What crappy ones are they giving out in a dungeon I wonder.

Actually, cone to think of it, batman collab had some really useful ones.

Jagernaut

I will definitely roll the DC Collab REM but I want to know all the skills of the mobs. If they are good (like the Batman REM mobs) I'll use all my stones.

Jagernaut

Starting Monday! Can't wait.

954857_946174508744475_3311210568719988192_n.png

*DC Comics New 52 Collaboration*
[Duration]: 11/10 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 11/23 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)

The best and brightest. The dark and the twisted. Puzzle & Dragons has traveled to Metropolis to witness the titans of the New Earth.

Meet Superman. Wonder Woman. Aquaman. The Flash. And many more. Their abilities matched only by their virtue and their concern for humanity.

They are challenged only by their nemeses: Lex Luthor. Doomsday. Darkseid. Nightmare Gods that stand to take everything they set their sights on.

Assemble the Justice League, or a team of your own, and take down the threats from these conquerors!

For more information on the Who’s Who of DC Comics Titles, Characters, and Television, visit: http://www.dccomics.com/

© 2014 DC Comics. All rights reserved. A Warner Bros. Entertainment Company

Jagernaut

10689668_946169708744955_6129890515592794307_n.png

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*The Epic Anniversary Event Part 1*
[Duration]: 11/6 (Thurs), 12:00 AM (PST) - 11/12 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PST)

The best events come in two’s! This celebration comes with two key milestones--not only has Puzzle & Dragons reached 40MM Worldwide Downloads, but we’ve also been on iOS for 2 Years!

Check out what we have below--there’s a little bit of everything, and this event comes in TWO parts!

Also new with this event is the introduction of Coin Dungeons, allowing you to purchase dungeons for a limited time! See our note here: http://on.fb.me/1tYN9xV

■① Daily Login Bonuses
11/6 - 11/12 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT/PST) the following day.

■② Of Such Grand Proportions
A big event requires some big dungeons! The Extreme Rush events are back, followed by the reappearance of Breakers!

11/6 - 11/7 - Extreme Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
11/12 - 11/14 - Breakers!

■③ Her Radiant Queen
A special gift dungeon has made a wonderful return appearance! Radiant Queen is available for the duration of the event. Be sure to greet her, and show your manners!

11/6 - 11/19 - Radiant Queen (Can only run once!)

■④ Special Event Content

11/8 - 11/9 - ????????????

■⑤ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 11/6 to 11/20! This event also features a unique 1.5x chance for Spirit Jewels to descend!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb

11/6 - Athena Descended!
11/7 - Heracles Descended!
11/8 - Noah Descended!
11/9 - Hera-Is Descended!
11/10 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
11/10 - Wadatsumi Descended!
11/11 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
11/12 - Beelzebub Descended!
11/12 - Xuanzang Descended!

■⑥ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
11/6 - 11/12 - Rare Evo Materials

Dungeon Bonus:
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Ducarmel

450 day milestone.

They need to revamp the milestones. Not asking for more stones but I would be hyped to get an exclusive card only available through player milestones in addition to stones.

This event looks nice hopefully it can get me away from Monster strike a little bit.

J0dy77

Okay this is already like a million times better than last year's anniversary event

I was thinking it was a bit underwhelming. Where are my Tamdras? Thought they would have went a bit bigger with an anniversary event. We'll have to see what the godfest holds. I won't have any stones to roll in it with the DC rem coming.

hermit7

I was thinking it was a bit underwhelming. Where are my Tamdras? Thought they would have went a bit bigger with an anniversary event. We'll have to see what the godfest holds. I won't have any stones to roll in it with the DC rem coming.

Thinking that the Tamadra may come with part 2. Radiant queen is that queen gold right? Wonder what the new descend could be.

Much rather have free stones for more DC collab goodness. I have a lot of things to awaken but I also have 28 TAMADRAs sitting in my mailbox.

J0dy77

Much rather have free stones for more DC collab goodness. I have a lot of things to awaken but I also have 28 TAMADRAs sitting in my mailbox.

I was hoping for Stone and Tamdra bonus like we got the last big event. Also looking for some newer dungeons, just being greedy I guess.

StMeph

I don't know how long I've been rerolling, but I've finally rolled a +1 Beast Rider. Don't know where he fits on the tier list, but I don't care at this point.

I tried rerolling a few more times and got a +1 Tiamat at level 4, is that worth keeping?

Thinking I might keep him and save my stones for the DC event.

If it's not a 4 or 5 on the list, seriously, don't ask, just reroll. If you're tired of rerolling, then just stop. There's no point in validating the monster you ended up with, because it's not a good leader if it's not on the list. It's maybe serviceable at best.

Some players have been successful and/or lucky in later pulls, but it will be a handicap at mid- to end-game until you DO pull something that acts as a good leader.

If it's not a 4 or 5 on the list, seriously, don't ask, just reroll. If you're tired of rerolling, then just stop. There's no point in validating the monster you ended up with, because it's not a good leader if it's not on the list. It's maybe serviceable at best.

Some players have been successful and/or lucky in later pulls, but it will be a handicap at mid- to end-game until you DO pull something that acts as a good leader.

Thanks for the list, the only one I saw was in the wiki that only had pictures, which was too annoying to be useful.

linsivvi

Tamadras are worth less now with coin dungeon available. Also new urgent dungeon version in a couple months.

Definitely. Need to get to at least 198 stamina to get advantage of the coin dungeon though. I read a stats of a guy spending 10 stones and got 77 babies, 19 tamadras and 7 of each Odin tamadras.

I am still at 164. Might need to spend future weekends farming King of Gods endlessly.

Thanks for the list, the only one I saw was in the wiki that only had pictures, which was too annoying to be useful.
If you're tired of re-rolling right now and you land a "3" from that list, consider settling for it temporarily and start playing the game.

One, it'll give you a chance to actually play the game instead of the tutorial over and over. Two, free stones are given out for the next week starting tomorrow and a godfest will be coming in a week or so. Clear as many dungeons as you can, hoard your stones and try your luck at godfest. If you still don't get a really good lead, then re-roll during godfest where you at least get 3x rates for a handful of gods.

linsivvi

Zeus descend challenge mode cleared with Satan lead, Lu Bu, and a combination of 4 total Ronia and Haku.

I found it much easier than clearing the dungeon normally.

I disagree with some of the things on this list. Green Zhuge shouldn't be a 3 imo. Even without an optimal grass attacker team he can still make a team capable of taking you through all the normal content and some early descends.

zoku88

I disagree with some of the things on this list. Green Zhuge shouldn't be a 3 imo. Even without an optimal grass attacker team he can still make a team capable of taking you through all the normal content and some early descends.
Looking at that, he's rated as a 4 for late game stuff.

Maybe he was rated lower for early game stuff was because of the limited amount of HP people would have in the beginning?
That and the cost required. Red Sonia got a 3 for early game,maybe for the same reason?

Looking at that, he's rated as a 4 for late game stuff.

Maybe he was rated lower for early game stuff was because of the limited amount of HP people would have in the beginning?
That and the cost required. Red Sonia got a 3 for early game,maybe for the same reason?

Yes Sonia got a 3 for early game. That's fine. But Green Zhuge has a lot of end game potential. Enough to warrant a 4 for starting roll imo. Especially if Red Sonia gets a 5.

jiggle

I don't understand coin dungeons
Is the payment for unlocking the dungeon?

So like after I paid 10mil for "hunt for tamadra"
it will appear permanently on my dungeon list and I just need 99 stamina to enter whenever?

I don't understand coin dungeons
Is the payment for unlocking the dungeon?

So like after I paid 10mil for "hunt for tamadra"
it will appear permanently on my dungeon list and I just need 99 stamina to enter whenever?
The dungeon is available for one hour after you pay the coin price. Think of it as a guerrilla dungeon that you can select the time for...at the cost of millions of coins.

The coin dungeons are mostly geared towards players who are willing to stone for stamina and have high max stamina such that stoning makes sense. Those are the players who typically have tens of millions of coins saved up with nothing else to spend them on.

That's why some people are upset that Gungho has been taking some of the older survey dungeons out of the normal rotation and putting them up as coin dungeons instead.

jiggle

Lowbie account pulled jewel of darkness and jewel of wood tonight
To go with the jewel of fire & light from before

Yet on my regular account
Not a single jewel :(

That's why some people are upset that Gungho has been taking some of the older survey dungeons out of the normal rotation and putting them up as coin dungeons instead.
Ew that would suck

linsivvi

At the bare minimum you are exchanging 1 stone for 5 from a selection of tamadras, baby tamadras and odin skill up tamadras. 10 if you have high stamina. It certainly doesn't suck.

Coins won't be an issue once they bring over the new difficulty. It's incredibly easy, gives over 600k at 1.5x without Ganesha or Catwoman, and gives decent exp. The main problem with the survey dungeons are that the drop rate seems to be the same as they are outside of 1.5 or 2x drops. I did SSP with natural stamina a couple of weeks ago and got 6 drops in about 25 runs.

They're running old survey dungeons alongside survey 11 right now. I don't know if it's going to be a regular occurrence or if it's just for this event, but the drop rate wouldn't be a huge deal if they keep doing that.

The tamadra dungeons are fine, but the 100% skill up dungeons are apparently terrible and not worth running even if you stone.

Jonsoncao

Banned
At the bare minimum you are exchanging 1 stone for 5 from a selection of tamadras, baby tamadras and odin skill up tamadras. 10 if you have high stamina. It certainly doesn't suck.

Given your stamina is >= 198, even better if you cook up an exp that makes you level up after two runs. Then this is 4 runs total w/ zero stone.

linsivvi

The tamadra dungeons are fine, but the 100% skill up dungeons are apparently terrible and not worth running even if you stone.

Yeah. I'm just doing those once for the stones. They do give decent exp.

Mechdragon rush is another beast, however. At 1K xp/stamina and 70K gold per run you can almost run it on repeat provided you have the team and enough allies to do it.

J0dy77

Wow..10mil for 1 hour access...
And 99 stamina per entry
Guess I'll pass..

For a lot of the high level and long time players having 10 million gold is pretty common and there isn't much use for it. And when you have over 150-200 stamina to spend it comes it is worth spending a few stones on some of the content.

Did Valkyrie get passed over in the balance tweaks? I feel like she deserves a TPA. Also, given that her dungeon is called "Goddess Descended", she should have a god subtype. Though I guess that would make her TOO perfect for an Athena team.

I'm a little underwhelmed by the DC monsters. I think the possibility of a DBZ caliber collab raised my hype too high. I'll probably pass on rolling.

Top Bottom