• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Jagernaut

Did Valkyrie get passed over in the balance tweaks? I feel like she deserves a TPA. Also, given that her dungeon is called "Goddess Descended", she should have a god subtype. Though I guess that would make her TOO perfect for an Athena team.

I'm a little underwhelmed by the DC monsters. I think the possibility of a DBZ caliber collab raised my hype too high. I'll probably pass on rolling.

We haven't seen Supergirl, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman's skills yet but these others aren't impressive.

I'm a little underwhelmed by the DC monsters. I think the possibility of a DBZ caliber collab raised my hype too high. I'll probably pass on rolling.
Isn't Cell the only DBZ card that's amazing-balls-awesome? Maybe they'll do a follow-up to DC collab with more monsters when the ults are introduced. Got to bleed the whales dry with fan service first.

Epic Drop

If anyone has a chance to post Leader and Active skill translations for the DC characters, it'd be much appreciated! I don't read Japanese, and none of the fan sites seem to have translations up yet.

Taz

Wow after DBZ I was expecting some real nice LS but these are stuff you can get from Decend Bosses.

Managed to clear Athena using 3 stones , but I'm happy with that when a REM pull is 5 stones.

Jagernaut

If anyone has a chance to post Leader and Active skill translations for the DC characters, it'd be much appreciated! I don't read Japanese, and none of the fan sites seem to have translations up yet.

From http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=48566&pid=695437#pid695437

First full cards from DC collab revealed:

Light/Fire Superman - attacker/physical
AS: All orbs change to Fire, Water & Light
LS: If HP over 50%, all light cards Att x3.5

Wood/Wood Green Arrow - balanced
AS: All attacks become multi-target for 1 turn. Enhance green orbs.
LS: Balance type cards Att and RCV x2

Light/Light Flash - attacker
AS: Perform a 30x Att on one target. For 1 turn all Attacker cards Att x2
AS: Attacker type cards HP & Att x2

Dark/Dark Batgirl&Batwoman - balanced
AS: Perform a 30x Att on one target. For 1 turn all Balance cards Att x2
LS: Balance type cards HP x1.5, Att x2.5

Epic Drop

Thanks folks!

Yikes, those AS and LS skills aren't very appealing... I'll probably wait and see what the mid-month godfest looks like before I decide to roll or not. It's too bad that Flash doesn't have a god type - otherwise he'd make a killer Athena sub.

Jagernaut

10169333_946705775358015_7328349954382688928_n.png

*Wizard Carnival*
[Duration]: 11/7 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 11/13 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PST)

With all these deadly descends coming to Puzzle & Dragons so often, you’d think there’d be a group of individuals well-tasked with handling it!

The Wizard Series is tasked with a very special role--orb conversion! These monsters are capable of turning select rows of the board into one particular attribute!

This Carnival features these monsters at 3x rates, and guarantees that they’ll drop at level 30!

How will you unlock the Wizards’ power?

5★
1617 Fire Wizard, Laila (NEW)
1619 Water Wizard, Sharon (NEW)
1621 Wood Wizard, Leeza (NEW)
1623 Light Wizard, Rei Sirius (NEW)
1625 Dark Wizard, Dill Sirius (NEW)
1627 Wandering Wizard, Wee Jas (NEW)
1629 Jester Wizard, Chester (NEW)

558 Mochizuki Chiyome
560 Hatsume no Tsubone
562 Sarutobi Sasuke
564 Fuma Kotaro
566 Hattori Hanzo

As a part of this Carnival, there is now also a permanent rate change to select monsters in the Rare Egg Machine:

4★ Rate Decreases
92 Echidna
94 Siren
96 Mandrake
98 Angel
100 Lilith

3★ Rate Decreases
91 Naga
93 Mermaid
95 Dryad
97 Cupid
99 Succubus

Wizard/Ninja Carnival starts tomorrow. Next Godfest will probably coincide with Dark Carnival right after and may have Light and Dark Kali as well.

Epic Drop

Thank goodness for the rate changes on the healer girls. I literally can't even count on one hand the number of dryad/mandrakes that I've gotten, and it's infuriating every time.

colinp

Banned
Got a Devilit (miraculously) from PAL yesterday so I was able to ult evo to Heaven Shaking Archdemon Lucifer- woo woo!

Right now my team is:

Heaven Shaking Archdemon, Lucifer
Awoken Hera
Pitch Black Night Princess, Lilith
Dark Liege, Vampire Duke
Gryps Rider, Vector Finn

Pretty motley crew but using him mostly for farming and those are the dark Devils I've got, hah.

Disappointed the DC rares aren't so special. I'm sure they'll get nice busty's eventually but makes me unlikely to pull this go around I think.

Coin dungeons are pretty interesting. I didn't realize they'll only be around for special events but that makes sense and is A-OK given the frequency of events these days. Will start putting up my Catwoman on weekends now.

Tobe

double attacker luci just fucking steamrolled athena. holy balls, is what a fucking breeze well then again with like 10 row enhancements why wouldn't it be.

Skillups in DC collab being spoiled on @pad_sexy right now

Harley -> Beast Rider
Poison Ivy -> Lilith (again?)
Silver Banshee -> Sharon
Lex Luthor -> Dill Sirius
Doomsday -> Chester

Darkseid is a 9 turn 8000 damage SOLAR LAZER and gives unconditional 3x to Devil type which is pretty good.

Aquaman
AS: 30xATK to one target, 2xATK to Physical for one turn
LS: 2/2/1 to Physical

Wonder Woman
AS: Delays next enemy attack by a very small amount (?)
LS: 1/2/2 to Attacker

Supergirl
AS: Turn left column into Light and right column into Water
LS: Attack boost for matching two of Red/Blue/Light, 3.5xATK for matching all three

I'm not sure what Wonder Woman's active does exactly. It does some sort of delay but they've never templated it that way before. Might just be for 1 turn since it has the same max CD as D/D Bats.

Supergirl's leader skill is templated the same as Vegeta's, which probably means matching two will get you 3xATK.

Pulled once on Wizzerd Carnival because hey why not a wizard would be cool

Blue Valk, the one missing lynchpin for my blue Healer team

felt pretty good, pulled some more

Sarutobi Sasuke

okay game

linsivvi

I'm not sure what Wonder Woman's active does exactly. It does some sort of delay but they've never templated it that way before. Might just be for 1 turn since it has the same max CD as D/D Bats.

Yeah the wording is weird. It used the word "frequency".

Hmm, I wonder what that means.

Jagernaut

Decided to join the yolo wizard party and pulled a Dark Wizard Dill Sirius. A dark devil/healer orb changer with good rcv, double 2-prong, skill lock, and skillable to 5 turns from the DC Collab, nice. We needed more devil orb changers.

J0dy77

Wow after DBZ I was expecting some real nice LS but these are stuff you can get from Decend Bosses.

Managed to clear Athena using 3 stones , but I'm happy with that when a REM pull is 5 stones.

It's worth it. With her Ultimate Evo she is one of the stronger leaders in the game now if you have the right subs.

From http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=48566&pid=695437#pid695437

First full cards from DC collab revealed:

Light/Fire Superman - attacker/physical
AS: All orbs change to Fire, Water & Light
LS: If HP over 50%, all light cards Att x3.5

Wood/Wood Green Arrow - balanced
AS: All attacks become multi-target for 1 turn. Enhance green orbs.
LS: Balance type cards Att and RCV x2

Light/Light Flash - attacker
AS: Perform a 30x Att on one target. For 1 turn all Attacker cards Att x2
AS: Attacker type cards HP & Att x2

Dark/Dark Batgirl&Batwoman - balanced
AS: Perform a 30x Att on one target. For 1 turn all Balance cards Att x2
LS: Balance type cards HP x1.5, Att x2.5

This is very disappointing. Why the HP requirement on Superman? I should have enough for 6 rolls and was saving them all for this. I'll throw a couple just because but still very disappointed. We haven't had a really good collab since batman.

Decided to join the yolo wizard party and pulled a Dark Wizard Dill Sirius. A dark devil/healer orb changer with good rcv, double 2-prong, skill lock, and skillable to 5 turns from the DC Collab, nice. We needed more devil orb changers.

Might go yolo as well after seeing how bad DC leaders are.

hermit7

I first read this as all of it was part of his active skill and was gonna say, "Pretty good? That's fucking amazing!" Still decent.

Supergirl is out now too.

LS is fire, water, light, any 2 of these colour, attack goes up and all 3 colors gives x 3.5 attack.

Active change right most column to blue, left most to light

Decent enough I suppose but overall not worth it.

Rolled 2x for wizards, Dragonette and Susano.

J0dy77

Supergirl is out now too.

LS is fire, water, light, any 2 of these colour, attack goes up and all 3 colors gives x 3.5 attack.

Active change right most column to blue, left most to light

Decent enough I suppose but overall not worth it.

Rolled 2x for wizards, Dragonette and Susano.

I'm going to give a couple rolls into the Superman REM just because of the characters but this is such a let down. Supergirl seems like a decent lead but she'll be dragged down by the fact that no one is going to use her. Finding a consistent pairing on your friend list will be next to near impossible.

If you don't care about the nostalgia of the REM I'd say skip it all together.

They really need to put more effort into these collabs like they did with Batman. Everyone of those characters has a strong purpose. Catwoman for coin farm, Robin for tri-color lead, basic batman for low cost along with the strong golden eggs. This just seems like junk in the DC.

Jonsoncao

Banned
After seeing you guys getting nice gold egg in Yolo pulls, yolo'd myself in this trap carnival...got my second Lu Bu...

Tempted to believe this shady consecutive golden egg rule, and pulled twice, Echidna...already got two maxed skilled so 5 stones wasted.

Silent_Z

Chester and Wee Jas actives and awakenings are really nice - either anti-bind or anti-poison/jammer active, anti-bind/anti-skill lock awakens. Extra bonus on Chester is Devil subtype.

linsivvi

Ugh I have 40+ stones saved and not likely to roll the DC machine so I might as well do a YOLO roll.....

Edit: Machine golem. Fuck you!!!!! :(

ZeroAKA

Chester has three anti-skill lock awokenings.
Chester and Wee Jas actives and awakenings are really nice - either anti-bind or anti-poison/jammer active, anti-bind/anti-skill lock awakens. Extra bonus on Chester is Devil subtype.
All the dimensional changers can be skilled down to 5cd, with Sharon being a water healer with a row awakening and Rei Sirius being a light God with two TPAs.
Thanks, but I'll pass for now. Knowing my luck, I'll probably be trolled with one of them during the next Godfest.

Also, it's probably the best chance to get a ninja since only the ninjas and wizards are at boosted rates. Flip side is that the odds of a troll roll are much higher than godfest…but if you want a specific ninja or wizard…

don't roll for a specific card unless you intend to dump a lot of stones/money into it

Want Wonder Woman, don't care about the rest.

Which means that, as with the Batman collab where I got everyone except a Batman, I'll end up getting everyone except Wonder Woman.

I'd YOLO for w green magician girl, but nope. Wonder Woman.

Goldrush

Skillups in DC collab being spoiled on @pad_sexy right now

Poison Ivy -> Lilith (again?)

Darkseid is a 9 turn 8000 damage SOLAR LAZER and gives unconditional 3x to Devil type which is pretty good.

Man, still have a whole row of copperhead in my box that I need to evolve.

Failed Friday mythical twice today because of stupid mistakes going into the final floor, like going in with a 6 turn bind on Echidna or forgetting to activate King Shynee.

Hige

If you want a wizard or ninja, there's no reason not to roll since they're at 3x rates. The carnival is going to end before the next godfest most likely.

Top Bottom