• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

coy

I have better leaders for that in water like Karin or Andromeda, overall tho, my water is fairly trash-tier next to my light, I am overloaded on light.
I just pulled Blonia and she instanly became my best leader until I stop being lazy and awaken Lakshmi. I just have no great subs for a water team to work. My best REM may be Snow White and that's really for the utility.

Edit: Looking at your herd, I also have Neptune that needs awakening and Hatsume so maybe the start of something. Still needs more.

Negator

Just tried alt coin dungeons, took them lightly and got obliterated. Ughhhh.

I think I am going to want to invest in Ars Paulina eventually. Looks like a decent No Dupes Skuld leader.

yami4ct

Just tried alt coin dungeons, took them lightly and got obliterated. Ughhhh.

I think I am going to want to invest in Ars Paulina eventually. Looks like a decent No Dupes Skuld leader.

If you can get a Gabriel or Andromeda or maybe even a max skilled Blueberry to make hearts, Awoken Lakshmi might be a decent friend leader to pair with your Skuld. Would give you consistent damage for base floors and a bigger burst for bosses. What's your low CD Orb Changer collection look like?

Rixa

Had a plan to get 2 King Metal Dragons.

I lost some STA on the way cause I needed to keep max STA (I had 2.5k exp to rank increase). Killed 45 STA dungeon and didnt get level so made that 15 STA dungeon too. After that got level and full STA so again 45 STA dungeon.
Plan worked, also got 2 stones from clearing dungeons. Now my Big Baddies are King Baddies :).

Is this ok foundation for Ronia team? Also here are my Red / Dark units:

Screenshot_2015-08-04-09-24-24.png
Screenshot_2015-08-03-19-15-11.png
Screenshot_2015-08-03-19-15-59.png

I should have materials today for evolve other Ronia too, but wont do it before I have the cost.

Negator

If you can get a Gabriel or Andromeda or maybe even a max skilled Blueberry to make hearts, Awoken Lakshmi might be a decent friend leader to pair with your Skuld. Would give you consistent damage for base floors and a bigger burst for bosses. What's your low CD Orb Changer collection look like?

So far it looks like Nut, a Sigfried (in progress), a Kamui (in progress), and Hatsume.

yami4ct

Is this ok foundation for Ronia team? Also here are my Red / Dark units:

I should have materials today for evolve other Ronia too, but wont do it before I have the cost.

It's not a bad start. Most Ronia teams only focus on 1 color and unless you have Belial and no good dark units, I can't say going Red is a good idea. Two King Baddies are going to do more harm than good long term and I can't really say Berserker helps you that much. I would heavily suggest farming a Vamp as that'll be an invaluable unit. Maybe make something like

Ronia/Ronia/Vamp/Zuoh/King Baddie/Beelz

It's a team with fewer rows on it than I'd like, but it'll help you until you get Lu Bu, Pandora, Haku or another top devil sub.

So far it looks like Nut, a Sigfried (in progress), and a Kamui (in progress), and Hatsume.

Are Nut and Hatsume skilled up? They're gonna be real keepers if so. Nut is lower damage than I'd like to run due to only 1 TPA, but that shouldn't matter too much in Coin stuff.

Off the top of my head. I'm thinking maybe Skuld/Nut/Bl.Odin/U&Y/Hatsume/Water Boost friend

Bl.Odin is there mostly for the skill boost and the 3 TPA hit on high DEF monsters. If you can get an Andromeda or Gabriel, though, drop him and start running with A. Lakshmi friends. He also wouldn't be too bad a lead to pair with a friend Skuld. You could also maybe drop U&Y for another orb changer if you feel you don't get enough.

Rixa

It's not a bad start. Most Ronia teams only focus on 1 color and unless you have Belial and no good dark units, I can't say going Red is a good idea. Two King Baddies are going to do more harm than good long term and I can't really say Berserker helps you that much. I would heavily suggest farming a Vamp as that'll be an invaluable unit. Maybe make something like

Ronia/Ronia/Vamp/Zuoh/King Baddie/Beelz

It's a team with fewer rows on it than I'd like, but it'll help you until you get Lu Bu, Pandora, Haku or another top devil sub.

I cant clear Mythicals (prolly legends either), so is my best option when farming Vampire, Castle of Satan?
Getting Beelzebub might be hard too?

As of yesterday, this is my go to team at the moment:

I have nice red & green units that I need to level, but cost issue is always here ;).
Basically 2 projects going on now + ofc there are the Blue units :p.

So much to do now & in the future. Iam happy.

Negator

Are Nut and Hatsume skilled up? They're gonna be real keepers if so. Nut is lower damage than I'd like to run due to only 1 TPA, but that shouldn't matter too much in Coin stuff.

Nothing is really max skilled yet, I've been mostly focusing on ranking up and levelling up my monsters before I start worrying about that.

Though I guess now would be a good time to start as Nut has a skillup monster in Water Cat Dragon. I've been waiting for that dungeon to go 1.5/2x drop to be efficient.

yami4ct

I cant clear Mythicals (prolly legends either), so is my best option when farming Vampire, Castle of Satan?
Getting Beelzebub might be hard too?

As of yesterday, this is my go to team at the moment:

That last slot was meant to mean running Ronia with a Beelz friend leader (preferably a +297 one). It's a common Ronia pair that gives Ronia a much needed HP boost while still giving decent RCV. Boosts survivability tremendously.

As for getting Vamp, CoS only drops him during events IIRC, or at least is very rare. The absolute best bet is Lightless Devil's Nest. Not sure when that event will roll back around, though. Hopefully it hits a coin rotation soon, but if not I'm almost sure it'll return for the Halloween event in a couple months. Until then, running a Chaos Dragon Knight wouldn't be a bad choice if you can get a Purple Mystic. Dark Knight Sword is actually currently running right now in coins, so it'd be a great time to farm it. You won't get the leader skill boost, but at least you'll get some really good quick dark orb change until you can grab a Vamp.

Nothing is really max skilled yet, I've been mostly focusing on ranking up and levelling up my monsters before I start worrying about that.

Though I guess now would be a good time to start as Nut has a skillup monster in Water Cat Dragon. I've been waiting for that dungeon to go 1.5/2x drop to be efficient.

Nut is going to be a killer coin sub skilled up. 4 turns for a guaranteed 5 orbs is fantastic. You can never get enough orbs if you're running a mono color farm squad in coins.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
For the JPN players here - once the Mythical beasts are removed from Descs, how dificult will it be to obtain Phoenix ? I was looking forward to work on a fire team down the line...but not being to Awoken Shiva kinda kills the whole plan lol.

If he is even rarer later on i might stone my way to success on the next Dec where he can drop.

razterik

The E2 skill ups in Cat Dragon dungeons have terrible appearance rates. Nut and Osiris were probably easier to do with the rare mask material skill ups, but that's not possible anymore. Good luck.

yami4ct

For the JPN players here - once the Mythical beasts are removed from Descs, how dificult will it be to obtain Phoenix ? I was looking forward to work on a fire team down the line...but not being to Awoken Shiva kinda kills the whole plan lol.

If he is even rarer later on i might stone my way to success on the next Dec where he can drop.

Wait, that's happening? Shit. Phoenix is far easier to get in Zeus Vulcan than anywhere else. He sometimes appears in Weekly Dragon stuff, but not in any of the ones going now. He also appears in the upcoming Rare Monster guerrilla, but that is also very YMMV.

razterik

Mythical beasts don't get removed. It's the late bloomers that stop dropping, Fafnir et al.

Mythical beasts should soon start invading some regular or technical dungeons. Skydragons? I don't remember what goes where. Chasers and fairies as well.

Edit: Fairies in Legendary Dragons and Dragon Princesses, mythical beasts in SkyDragons and Ancient Dragons, and chasers in Mechdragons and Samurai Dragons. So whenever the new ones get added to the tech dungeon selection, we'll probably see the invades.

Negator

The E2 skill ups in Cat Dragon dungeons have terrible appearance rates. Nut and Osiris were probably easier to do with the rare mask material skill ups, but that's not possible anymore. Good luck.

uuugh you're making me feel all depressed :(

Why are skillups in this game such a nightmare?

Edit: No, why is THIS such a nightmare?
tjx6vhTl.jpg

yami4ct

That makes way more sense. Since Mythical Beasts are likely to keep getting more important (the others will most certainly become evo mats as well), making them super rare would be dumb. Removing the Late Bloomers made sense since it seemed like GungHo just fixing a potential headache for the Monster Point system. It was either remove them from the REM or the farm spots. Removing them from the REM would've been the nicer thing to do, but since when has GH ever been super nice?

uuugh you're making me feel all depressed :(

Why are skillups in this game such a nightmare?

Long term, GH seems to be moving away from heavy Skill Up farming. All the Awoken forms only have a few SUs and no mats. Piis will eventually be completely farmable with power creep. Skill Ups are bound to be the new Awakening Farming within the next 6 months to a year.

cw_sasuke

Mythical beasts don't get removed. It's the late bloomers that stop dropping, Fafnir et al.

Mythical beasts should soon start invading some regular or technical dungeons. Skydragons? I don't remember what goes where. Chasers and fairies as well.
Wait, that's happening? Shit. Phoenix is far easier to get in Zeus Vulcan than anywhere else. He sometimes appears in Weekly Dragon stuff, but not in any of the ones going now. He also appears in the upcoming Rare Monster guerrilla, but that is also very YMMV.

Oh wow...thanks guys - i had it mixed up then and for some reason thought Phoenix and Co. would be removed.

Guess the chances of getting Phoenix are actually increasing. Will need to work on getting the Zeus Vulcan drop now and hopefully able to skill up CaoCao and Urd in the meantime.

Shiva/Urd/CaoCao/Katsuguchi/Flex/Shiva

Is what im working towards. For the Flex spot i have Dino Rider, Dupe CaoCao, Chiyome, Ronia, Echidna - well and Hypermax Verdandi or Liu Bei but fire isnt their main elements.

Which one makes the most sense ? 2nd Cao Cao or Verdandi would be the ones i need for max skill bind resist i think.

razterik

Summer girls.

That blue high ninja waifu.

Which one makes the most sense ? 2nd Cao Cao or Verdandi would be the ones i need for max skill bind resist i think.

Flex should be dupe Cao Cao by far. His utility is great with delay, orb change, double TPAs and skill bind resist. Also fairly easily skilled once his survey dungeon appears. Verdandi isn't bad if you need a second board change, but tougher to fix if she gives you a low fire board.

Might even want to drop Kagutsuchi for Chiyome's faster light orb changer. All water orb changers is a bit tough and two Cao Cao/two Shiva give enough TPA damage for almost anything.

Rixa

Infobar is scrolling this message:

"Look for Event Details on our 1000 Day Event soon!"

^^
Do we have more info what were going to get?

cw_sasuke

Flex should be dupe Cao Cao by far. His utility is great with delay, orb change, double TPAs and skill bind resist. Also fairly easily skilled once his survey dungeon appears. Verdandi isn't bad if you need a second board change, but tougher to fix if she gives you a low fire board.

Might even want to drop Kagutsuchi for Chiyome's faster light orb changer. All water orb changers is a bit tough and two Cao Cao/two Shiva give enough TPA damage for almost anything.

Great thanks for your input. I hope I can max skill both Cao Cao once we get his sure dungeon. Considering Katsuguchi isn't skilled and I would rather use the Piis on Shiva Chiyome might be better for initially.

Exciting times ahead xD

Nohar

TAMADRA retreat and Keeper on the Rainbow today... I think I may burn some stones (and that I won't get trolled-orb and meet Chibi-TAMADRA on the first floor).

Negator

Tried to do grimoires descended, Michael does 6k damage to me.

"Oh okay, I can take one more hit before he goes nuts, I don't need to use Sun Quan."

Michael hits me for 27k, my jaw drops in horror as I realize I'm looking at the Mythical page and not the Legend page.

I'm so salty. I DIDN'T EVEN NEED TO SAVE IT BECAUSE THE BOSSES ARE IMMUNE I hate myself for being so bad.

J0dy77

Clear the first few floors with Kagu. If I don't need to use Ra/Rodin for early Kings/Masks then I can start pushing buttons on the fifth floor. Goemon takes out floors 8 and 9, and Ra clears Neptune. I can team up with any friend leader but ultimate Goemon makes for the fastest runs. I got so many Mystic Masks that I used some to max skill Ra TAMA and Bane.

On regular weekdays I just run whatever T6 dungeon is 1.5x with pretty much the same setup.

I can come up with something similar with Echidna and Ra. Really need to find some friends that run Rodin as a leader.

hermit7

Great thanks for your input. I hope I can max skill both Cao Cao once we get his sure dungeon. Considering Katsuguchi isn't skilled and I would rather use the Piis on Shiva Chiyome might be better for initially.

Exciting times ahead xD

Honestly I would keep Hino over the second Caocao. Those triple tpa are a lot more powerful that you might think and the double orb change is good.

I typically use Chiyome for quicker dungeons in which I need a skill turn one and then I drop my second Urd for her.

cw_sasuke

Honestly I would keep Hino over the second Caocao. Those triple tpa are a lot more powerful that you might think and the double orb change is good.

I typically use Chiyome for quicker dungeons in which I need a skill turn one and then I drop my second Urd for her.

Heh yeah you are right - especially after seeing how much i already invested in getting Awoken Kagu, would be crazy to bench him now. My Chiyome needs to be max skilled as well.

Shiva/Urd/CaoCao/CaoCao/Kagu/Shiva with 2nd CaoCao being the flex spot is my goal.

hermit7

Heh yeah you are right - especially after seeing how much i already invested in getting Awoken Kagu, would be crazy to bench him now. My Chiyome needs to be max skilled as well.

Shiva/Urd/CaoCao/CaoCao/Kagu/Shiva with 2nd CaoCao being the flex spot is my goal.

Unless your team has tons of plus eggs the rcv might hurt on that team. Even with the 2.25 x rcv from both shiva leads.

But igenerally if farming that should not be an issue.

My team is essentially the same save for a second urd over caocao.

smbu2000

Tried out the new Saiyuki descend and cleared it on my second try. The 99% pre-emptive attack (2nd floor) and the pre-emptive attack (3rd floor) caught me off guard on my first try. Cleared Legendary after that to get the stone.

I had also made my Awoken Isis the other day. Still need to get her some Tamadras and debating on whether to give her piis to skill her up...

Still working on leveling up the mats to make A.Leilan and A.Meimei. Sonia Gran as well.

Nice man. Zuoh+Pandora makes a great duo for devil team as well.
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't even think about that combination. I have Pandora on both as well, so she'll make a combo with him on my devil teams.

Negator

I ended up failing Grimoires Descended twice more. But, I knew what the problem was. I know what I needed to do.

I rage stoned to restore stamina, and vowed to get the stone back by playing smart.

lnl0RLal.jpeg
pozVfuOl.jpeg

Most people are getting Phoenix from Zeus Vulcan. I tried 4 times last time the dungeon was open and it never dropped. (I quit when Phoenix doesn't drop, the dungeon is too long and I don't need anything else from it) PEM is a long shot but I'm trying there as well.

I guess we're in the same boat. No drops for me in Zeus Vulcan or Noah. This is damn frustrating. /throws all the points at PEM

Jonsoncao

Banned
Infobar is scrolling this message:

"Look for Event Details on our 1000 Day Event soon!"

^^
Do we have more info what were going to get?

Zeus & Hera probably, and that 1000 day tamadra for pioneers.

Hopefully that 200k rank exp dungeon as well.

coy

I guess we're in the same boat. No drops for me in Zeus Vulcan or Noah. This is damn frustrating. /throws all the points at PEM
I was the opposite. 60 pulls on the special PEM with no jewels or evo mats I needed but had both Theurgia and Phoenix drop in 1 run each. That eased the sting of those pulls.

Rixa

Mask day \o/.

My alt is literally grinding this dungeon. Level 6 red ogre + 1* masks and some friend that has Messenger of Gods Archangel. Took some time to go thru my friendlist to see if alt has any friends who has healer leader, luckily atleast one has. Managed to grab Mystic Mask \o_.

Alt account (EU) is good way to see how fucking hard this game is to start without highbie friends / IAP. Over 1 month daily logins and I havent been able to evolve leader U&Y, still needs Dub-sapphilit & Dub-emelit.

The power creep comes really low without friends / IAP / insane amount of luck.

cw_sasuke

Mask day o/.

My alt is literally grinding this dungeon. Level 6 red ogre + 1* masks and some friend that has Messenger of Gods Archangel. Took some time to go thru my friendlist to see if alt has any friends who has healer leader, luckily atleast one has. Managed to grab Mystic Mask o_.

Alt account (EU) is good way to see how fucking hard this game is to start without highbie friends / IAP. Over 1 month daily logins and I havent been able to evolve leader U&Y, still needs Dub-sapphilit & Dub-emelit.

The power creep comes really low without friends / IAP / insane amount of luck.
This reminds me of my first PaD months as well before I started adding Gaffers and figured out how the game works.

Back then I thought Heavenly Herald Archangel was the best Monster in the game lol. Always was sad when she didn't show up in my Friendlist.

Rixa

This reminds me of my first PaD months as well before I started adding Gaffers and figured out how the game works.

Back then I thought Heavenly Herald Archangel was the best Monster in the game lol. Always was sad when she didn't show up in my Friendlist.

Heh yeah, just wondering how hard it was for those who started when game was launched?

Despite having shitloads of red mana reserved before boss stage. I managed to lose :D.
In 5 turns I didnt get enough red mana drops (got total of 2 red mana drops). So frustrating, not going to use stone, I wasnt going to get Mystic Mask.

Negator

I feel like I'm at this weird stage where the stuff I should be doing is too difficult (alt coins, most mythicals, KOTG) and the stuff I can do is starting to become inefficient. I may have just progressed too quickly though and maybe my expectations are out of wack. I saw someone on reddit that hit rank 200 after a year of playing, and that knocked a little bit of perspective into me.

razterik

More summer image spam.

Bikini Is, likely dungeon boss and uevo Is skillup.
Gronia (bad art), Urd glasses/no glasses, tan Valk, Pandora('s lunchbox!).

So much blue potential. B/R Urd would be AMAZING. Some B/D or D/B, probably for Neptune Dragon abuse. Lakshmi bait all over the place.

FZZ

Banned
Fuck

It hurts because even though I want to IAP it is literally impossible for me right now. No cash and Google Wallet will need to be approved AGAIN because for some reason after disconnecting my bank account it asked me verify my DL and all other info again.

cw_sasuke

Heh yeah, just wondering how hard it was for those who started when game was launched?

Probably not easier but the again - there was way less content back then so you could take your time with tougher stuff without feeling left behind asap xD
I feel like I'm at this weird stage where the stuff I should be doing is too difficult (alt coins, most mythicals, KOTG) and the stuff I can do is starting to become inefficient. I may have just progressed too quickly though and maybe my expectations are out of wack. I saw someone on reddit that hit rank 200 after a year of playing, and that knocked a little bit of perspective into me.

Thats normal rank and having good units is one thing - but skill ups and +egging your team takes more time and its not always possible depending on the rotation or skill up material. Was in the same spot a while ago...

From what i remember you have 2 U&Y in your team that arent Ult Evolved yet - which means you are missing out on the 2nd TPA, additional enhanced orbs and a skill up. Norns have quite low dmg multi compared to the Top Tier leaders so you need to make sure that your subs can hit hard. One Blodin is good...but you need the U&Y as well and you need to skill them up.
More summer image spam.

Yeah...not a fan at all -.-

Rixa

Probably not easier but the again - there was way less content back then so you could take your time with tougher stuff without feeling left behind asap xD

^^
As you said, why to rush now :D (Dunno why Iam doing it then).
Vesta Cave - Lava Dragon Mantle, is bullying my team. Can easily go to 10/10 stage, but cant kill Meteor Volcano Dragon before my HP drops to 0. Not going to stone it, green team aint optimal to that dungeon :p.

Maybe this will help me to turn the tides in the longrun...

O Dub-mythlit, Where Art Thou?

Edit: Harbringer ult evo seems to be much better of those ults. Dat TPA

The middle of my week is dedicated to skill up farming this month. Hoping to max skill GZL, Gadius, Urd, and LZL (mostly because I'll be getting plenty of chances while farming for GZL...).

Farming Thursday is a bummer though. Not looking forward to doing that hoping for just one color.

jay23

Those summer cards really don't do anything for me, it's a cool theme I guess but I don't see myself rolling unless they have some ridiculous stats.

Damn son what monsters don't you have? Lol I'm jelly of your Rem luck. That's pretty much the perfect Shiva team according to that JP site.

Nohar

Stockpiling all these materials is taking up a lot of space. At least I now have 4 Mystic Masks. Time to continue completing Technical Dungeons and get a few stones for Friday Dungeon: I need a lot of Dub-Mythlits... My goal is to reach Hill of Iris's Rainbow in order to drop a few of those there (assuming I'm able to complete this dungeon and those I need to complete beforehand).

Top Bottom