• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Hastati

I hit rank 400 today and got my 10th team slot. Also beat Aamir Descended. Theurgia's increased fire orb skyfall helped me go from 8 combos to 12 on the final burst to kill Aamir.

Unfortunately I lost again on Wadatsumi because Umisachi's wood absorb was still on and he survived the burst. Tired of this dungeon.

I hate him so much :((( Got him to 27% with no problem, but he healed and when I hit him again his stupid >25% insta-kill shit got me right before I used SQ. I just gave up on that dungeon.

ccbfan

Any one have a good poor mans team for verdandi. I really need a green team.

After playing this game for over 800 days I've gotten a total of 3 green rem gods and 2 of them is Odin.

My best rem sub is probably cao cao.

TrickRoom

Last rolls:

Hermes
Ares
Shugen Demon (PAL)

Thoughts on these? The spreadsheet said that Ares would fall off in later game. How far would that be from position of Castle of Satan in the Abyss?

Any one have a good poor mans team for verdandi. I really need a green team.

After playing this game for over 800 days I've gotten a total of 3 green rem gods and 2 of them is Odin.

My best rem sub is probably cao cao.
Cu Chu and ADK are both farmable orb changers with a prong awakening. Mejedra/Brachys can give you an attack boost + prong(s). Odin as a stat/autoheal stick isn't a terrible placeholder until you get better REM options.

I just pulled an Osiris - perhaps I can stack my Verdandis there. Wish I pulled a Perseus instead of a dupe Artemis though. Also, a dupe Dino Rider outta nowhere. :(

Jonsoncao

Banned
Hit my 600 days last week.

4wpHNDK.png

and used all the free stones in farming plus eggs to finish my 8th hypermaxed card

f0uO698.png

Guess I will skip another godfest because NA server still hasn't removed all those junks from REM.

coy

Took my farming Verdandi team to what I thought was OoH-5 for +eggs. Instead, I picked Medjedra challenge dungeon. I've got to start being more confident in my teams as that was a breeze. Admittedly, I got lucky not getting my skills bound with only 60% resistance. Ra will feed tonight now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cleared Sonia Gran on my first attempt. I was most worried about RSonia because of my green based team but one shot her and 2 shot Gran Sonia. DOnt think i will have any use for the drop though.

Also cleared Aamir with Verdandi team, didnt know his active offers 4 turn bind clear...thats really nice.

Tried Ult Sarasvati for fun and wow that dmg is ridiculous if you can activate her :eek:
Which brings me to my next point...where the hell is Poring Tower ? My BValk has been collecting dust ever since i got her 4 months ago just because GungHo wont release this dungeon.

Looking at PDX it seems like they are bringing the useless RO Collab back next week...really ? They are trolling at this point.

wtf. Just rolled another DKali. Give me some other 6* Gungho.

edit: It was my first roll after emerald dragons, so essentially 3 DKalis in my last 6 rolls.

How ...wai...wha...congrats :eek:

Gacha Gods blessed you this week !!

Hit my 600 days last week.

and used all the free stones in farming plus eggs to finish my 8th hypermaxed card

Guess I will skip another godfest because NA server still hasn't removed all those junks from REM.

Nice...congrats !!

FZZ

Banned
Tried Aamir Mythical

Fail the first time because I got orb trolled too many times with Awoken Ra. "No problem I'll just use Lkali."

My activation rate with Lkali was worse than Ra lmao what the fuck, that doesn't even make sense. I literally activated Ra's leader skill more consistently than Lkali and the orbs were almost always spread farther apart with Ra as well.

This game makes no sense. I make no sense.

cw_sasuke

Tried Aamir Mythical

Fail the first time because I got orb trolled too many times with Awoken Ra. "No problem I'll just use Lkali."

My activation rate with Lkali was worse than Ra lmao what the fuck, that doesn't even make sense. I literally activated Ra's leader skill more consistently than Lkali and the orbs were almost always spread farther apart with Ra as well.

Cant you use an easier to use leader ? Aamir can probably be taken out with Athena, Beelz/Ronia, Norn etc. - think Awoken Ra might be too extreme for this one, i would reserve him for the real tough stuff where you need to OHKO +6 million HP bosses.

Tried Aamir Mythical

So I've spent a lot of time with my Ame No Uzume and L.meta teams, so much so I think my brain was conditioned to only 'see' those colors while making combos for their respective teams. I switched over to a wood team and I was struggling to make simple matches, took some time to relearn to see wood as my main color instead of light or fire. Odd feeling.

Cant you use an easier to use leader ? Aamir can probably be taken out with Athena, Beelz/Ronia, Norn etc. - think Awoken Ra might be too extreme for this one, i would reserve him for the real tough stuff where you need to OHKO +6 million HP bosses.

GO RA OR GO HOME! Unless it's a damage absorb shield.

FZZ

Banned

Oh yeah definitely will try Beelz/Ronia later.

Just using Awoken Ra to get more comfortable with and to see what I can and can't clear. I'm going to make sure the first legend plus dungeon I try I beat on the first try or die because of something that was out of my hands, lol tired of wasting huge amounts of stam from human error. 50 isn't too bad which is why I don't mind.

LuffyZoro

How long have you been playing? Ocean Dragon Knight has been cycling through the coin dungeons (not there at the moment).

Oh, I must have missed that. I just looked in padx and saw that the last time it had shown up normally was last year, and i started in January.

Rixa

So I needed under 10k exp to get RSonia max level, thus I did feed Tamadra to RSonia and got it to level 50. Then I evolved it to Extant Red Dragon Caller Sonia, evolving didnt activate awaken slots. So after evolving I did feed 4 Tamadras to it and now she has 4/5 awoken.

Is it bug or has there been misinformation about feeding Tamadras before evolving unit?
Restarting PAD didnt change a thing, should I make a ticket to Gungho?

So I needed under 10k exp to get RSonia max level, thus I did feed Tamadra to RSonia and got it to level 50. Then I evolved it to Extant Red Dragon Caller Sonia, evolving didnt activate awaken slots. So after evolving I did feed 4 Tamadras to it and now she has 4/5 awoken.

Is it bug or has there been misinformation about feeding Tamadras before evolving unit?
It's not a bug. Cards have a hidden counter that keeps track of how many awakenings are activated, but the card needs to actually have awakenings for that to work. For example, if you fed 6 tamas to your Extant Red Dragon Caller Sonia now and evolved her later, all 6 awakenings would be activated. Your Sonia didn't have awakenings at the time, so it didn't keep track of that.

Rixa

It's not a bug. Cards have a hidden counter that keeps track of how many awakenings are activated, but the card needs to actually have awakenings for that to work. For example, if you fed 6 tamas to your Extant Red Dragon Caller Sonia now and evolved her later, all 6 awakenings would be activated. Your Sonia didn't have awakenings at the time, so it didn't keep track of that.

Damn, learning with hard way :D. so unit has to have atleast 1 Awoken skill and after that you can feed for example 4 more if ulti evo has 5 awokens?

coy

If you're talking about my reply yesterday, all 8 awakenings would be there when evoing to ultimate as the card would've already had awakenings active. Sorry about that I should've clarified that so newer folks don't needlessly waste tamas. I'll be more careful with responses.

cw_sasuke

Is Poring Tower in the JPN version also as rare nowadays ?
Damn, learning with hard way :D. so unit has to have atleast 1 Awoken skill and after that you can feed for example 4 more if ulti evo has 5 awokens?

While it sucks....lets be thankful that your Sonia wasnt like 70k exp away from lvl 50 and you didnt use 5 Tamadras on her - this would have been really bad. Still sucks...but it could have been even worse :eek:

Jagernaut

I was wondering: do ninjas and the Ripper dragons (those with damage reduction leader skills) have their uses?

The ripper dragon ultimates have some niche uses as subs, like Cyclone Devil Dragon on Ronia/Beelzebub teams (especially paired with Haku). I max skilled mine but only use it on no dupe dungeons.

yami4ct

I was wondering: do ninjas and the Ripper dragons (those with damage reduction leader skills) have their uses?

If you're talking the High-Ninjas, they don't have much use outside of their Skill-Up uses. Maybe some low-cost teams use them.

As for Ripper dragons, they have some niche uses. I'm personally using Hurricane Volcano Dragon on my JP Gadius team because it pairs well with Gadius himself and I don't have a Uriel. There are a few teams were they are decent substitute monsters if you need their orb change.

jay23

I hate Medjedra mythical so much I've failed a couple of times using my awoken Shiva team. It's not 100% skill lock resist so I have to pretty much quit on floor 1 if it happens. Troll ronia boards on Isis don't help either.

mike23

New teams I'm working on. Just need to step up my plus egg game.

Both Kalis are still not skilled. I'm 0/10+ on my first LKali for skill ups.
DKali is at 8 turns.
Fuma/LMeta are max skilled.
Isis is untouched.

Sucks that this event is nearly over. I'll have to wait until the next one to finish the skillup on my Kalis. I've also got 3 light piis that I'll probably use on Ra. Until A.Isis gets here, I have B/G Sun Quan to sub in.

With all the time extends on these teams, I feel pretty sure that I can activate them a reasonable percent of the time. With 4 on my Shiva team I'm able to average about 6 combos each turn.

yami4ct

Alright, I'm looking to adjust my Urd Thursday team to also be able to run coin dungeons. My current thought

Urd/Yamato/R.Odin/A.Hino/R.Valk/Minerva

With an alternate formation switching Urd for Ult. Tyrra and Minerva for Urd so I can run this team over and over with my current friends list. I just hit a bit of a snag in Alt. Hyperion Lava. The huge 3 million HP boss followed by a 1 million HP Phoenix Knight was impossible for me to tackle. Will getting this team up to full level fix this or will I have to adjust? Is this team in general going to work for coin farming?

Next month, you mean. Ilm/Zuoh will be skilled up by angelits/devilits after maintenance tonight.
Does that mean Keeper of Gold switches to Gadius skill ups this rotation?

Alright, I'm looking to adjust my Urd Thursday team to also be able to run coin dungeons. My current thought

Urd/Yamato/R.Odin/A.Hino/R.Valk/Minerva

With an alternate formation switching Urd for Ult. Tyrra and Minerva for Urd so I can run this team over and over with my current friends list. I just hit a bit of a snag in Alt. Hyperion Lava. The huge 3 million HP boss followed by a 1 million HP Phoenix Knight was impossible for me to tackle. Will getting this team up to full level fix this or will I have to adjust? Is this team in general going to work for coin farming?
How are your combo skills? I dont know about you but my friends list is flooded with Awoken Shiva right now, and he pairs really well with Urd. If you can hit 5 combos consistently you will easily be able to put out enough damage.

Minerva is kind of holding you back as a leader here since 2.5 is a very low multiplier and you aren't gaining anything from her resist.

yami4ct

How are your combo skills? I dont know about you but my friends list is flooded with Awoken Shiva right now, and he pairs really well with Urd. If you can hit 5 combos consistently you will easily be able to put out enough damage.

Minerva is kind of holding you back as a leader here since 2.5 is a very low multiplier and you aren't gaining anything from her resist.

My initial worry with Shiva is that a combo lead would use too many red orbs during the non-boss floors, but with his base non conditional leader and Urd's 3.3x,that should be more than enough to clear those. As a Ra user, getting 5 combos is pretty nothing to me. Unless I'm having a bad day, I average between 5-6 without skyfall. I can definitely hit 5 consistently with skills on boss floors. I have a A. Shiva best friend, so I'll have to check that out. The one thing he doesn't provide me is the utility of Minerva's orb change, but that's not that necessary.

Last question, if I'm going A. Shiva friend, would I be better served ditching Yamato or R.Odin for a TPA fire like Nim, Ult Tyrra or R/L Leilan or am I fine as is even without the rows. The skill boosts on them have definitely been a boon already.

coy

Lucky day for drops. I got Theurgia from Sorceress challenge and Phoenix to drop from God of Judgment challenge. I'm 1 Keeper away from joining the Shiva train. I wish I had good subs for him, though. I'll put him up but won't actually utilize him for anything diffficult yet. It's okay as Parvati has done work on the majority of these challenge dungeons. I failed once during Wadatsumi and still am leery of the Legend Plus ones. 1 more pii and a few more +eggs til Paravti is hyper. I'm thinking of Osiris next but may just keep the team as is and focus on Ra now that I have L.Kali.

Negator

Finally, I'm rank 190. This finally lets me put Blodin in the party! Thought I'd celebrate and try and tackle a few last minute challenge descends. I was able to do Beezle but Hades messed me up in Arboreal Queen. I'm fine with one Woodpy for now lol.

Will hopefully hit rank 200 soon which will allow me to Evo U&Y.

I0d65nEl.jpeg
5ES9CP6l.jpeg
grIys5Dl.jpeg

Kyuur

Going to be attempting Keeper of Gold on Tuesday with this team:

Verdandi
Cu Chu
Osiris
Woodsie
Orochi
Verdandi

Hoping that Orochi will give me enough time to kill gold. The remainder shouldn't be too bad as long as I can heal enough between pre-empts. My plan is to get him just over 50%, pop Woodsie and do 2-3m damage leaving only a bit to finish off within time. I'll need to take one or two attacks on the first three floors to get Orochi up in time.

If I can do it, will be hopefully max skilling my Gadius!

My initial worry with Shiva is that a combo lead would use too many red orbs during the non-boss floors, but with his base non conditional leader and Urd's 3.3x,that should be more than enough to clear those. As a Ra user, getting 5 combos is pretty nothing to me. Unless I'm having a bad day, I average between 5-6 without skyfall. I can definitely hit 5 consistently with skills on boss floors. I have a A. Shiva best friend, so I'll have to check that out. The one thing he doesn't provide me is the utility of Minerva's orb change, but that's not that necessary.

Last question, if I'm going A. Shiva friend, would I be better served ditching Yamato or R.Odin for a TPA fire like Nim, Ult Tyrra or R/L Leilan or am I fine as is even without the rows. The skill boosts on them have definitely been a boon already.
In my opinion, the most important thing for coin dungeons is orb changers. I generally try to have two 5 CD orb changers to help move the lower floors along faster, so I would switch out Rodin for Gigas or Homura if you don't have Chiyome/Minerva/Laila. Leilan would be an OK alternative, especially if she's skilled up.

Then again, you might decide to hold onto Rodin to deal with high defense bosses like Ifrit. His defense isn't outrageously high, but its enough that a botched combo could end your run.

yami4ct

In my opinion, the most important thing for coin dungeons is orb changers. I generally try to have two 5 CD orb changers to help move the lower floors along faster, so I would switch out Rodin for Gigas or Homura if you don't have Chiyome/Minerva/Laila. Leilan would be an OK alternative, especially if she's skilled up.

Then again, you might decide to hold onto Rodin to deal with high defense bosses like Ifrit. His defense isn't outrageously high, but its enough that a botched combo could end your run.

I might switch R.Odin for Homura at some point. The big problem is a I never skilled up mine, so I'll realistically have to wait for Sword of Flame to hit coin again. Having Urd/R.Valk/Hino/Yamato has stopped my orb troll so far, but more can't hurt. Don't really want to run Gigas as I already have a heartbreaker and I hate his negative recovery.

Rixa

If you're talking about my reply yesterday, all 8 awakenings would be there when evoing to ultimate as the card would've already had awakenings active. Sorry about that I should've clarified that so newer folks don't needlessly waste tamas. I'll be more careful with responses.

No worries, its the language barrier that makes me sometimes understand things differently and I should read some messages twice. Purely my fault.

While it sucks....lets be thankful that your Sonia wasnt like 70k exp away from lvl 50 and you didnt use 5 Tamadras on her - this would have been really bad. Still sucks...but it could have been even worse :eek:

Yup that would suck, you live & learn.

While I got shit from PAL carnival, there was also good drops, managed to get Angelit, Devilit, Ancient Green Sacred Mask & Blue Dragon Fruit. Someday I may have use to them beside inventory fodders :p.

jay23

Apollo and l.Kali skill ups haven't been very kind to me. They're level 2 still after feeding both at least 15 times each.

Finally, I'm rank 190. This finally lets me put Blodin in the party! Thought I'd celebrate and try and tackle a few last minute challenge descends. I was able to do Beezle but Hades messed me up in Arboreal Queen. I'm fine with one Woodpy for now lol.

Will hopefully hit rank 200 soon which will allow me to Evo U&Y.

Congrats didn't you just start recently, how many days have you been playing for?

Rixa

One random player send me a present and I got Spinon (didnt know that you can get something else than globes). According to earlier version comments its good (& hard to get) unit when evolved. So should I invest to this lil dragon?

Does that mean Keeper of Gold switches to Gadius skill ups this rotation?
Yes.

One random player send me a present and I got Spinon (didnt know that you can get something else than globes). According to earlier version comments its good (& hard to get) unit when evolved. So should I invest to this lil dragon?
Good for players just starting out but you probably have something better to use. The penultimate form is a nice low cost option though.

razterik

15 is too high cost to be useful for anything but Xuanzang. It's probably not worth putting resources into unless you are starved for a dark lead or have nothing else to work on. I wouldn't toss it because I imagine the ultimate starters will eventually be used in a fusion recipe.

Why'd they put maintenance right after the event ended. I need to count and sort my final plus egg haul, dangit.

Rixa

15 is too high cost to be useful for anything but Xuanzang. It's probably not worth putting resources into unless you are starved for a dark lead or have nothing else to work on. I wouldn't toss it because I imagine the ultimate starters will eventually be used in a fusion recipe.

Why'd they put maintenance right after the event ended. I need to count and sort my final plus egg haul, dangit.

Nice thing in this forum is that I get different opinions. Got many other units to upgrade (ex. 2x RSonias and some other REM units).

Also for RSonia party it seems King Baddie is good choice. Today is Metal Dragon day so I need to farm some King Dragons.

Is there an app / (what is good app) for Android that shows how many hours/mins til next Metal / event? Would be easier to convert PDT to GM+2 (DST) with app :).

Top Bottom