• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

yami4ct

2-part event? Nice. Should get us a good chunk of stones unless they pull tamas for part 2.

Zeus & Hera are expected, but still appreciated. 2.5x skill up for Poring is fantastic. Definitely gonna get my R.Valk finished. US finally getting fat Tama. Wonder if he's gonna show almost every event like in JP? That at least means 1 more free stone per event. Only thing that could've made this better is 3x normals, but they just ran those, or Pii reward dungeons.

Kreed

Poring Tower coming back? Masterings for everyone who was waiting, heh.

Uevo news:

Triple row Hermes. Nice attack stat. Blue attackers getting stacked, wonder if it's leading into EVA or something else.

Awoken Lakshmi teams gets better and better.

Let's all cling to that pre-dra hope. Do we know how many MP those will go for when they arrive? Really hopping it's in the 10k+ range. Assuming those get given away fairly regularly and become challenge rewards, that should help. You won't be running a Shiva Dragon system, but it should open up the chance to get a MP card or two for non-IAPers if Gung Ho does it right.
It's only 3k MP. They've replaced tamas as rewards in the challenge dungeons.

Negator

2-part event? Nice. Should get us a good chunk of stones unless they pull tamas for part 2.

Zeus & Hera are expected, but still appreciated. 2.5x skill up for Poring is fantastic. Definitely gonna get my R.Valk finished.

I'm surprised your R.Valk isn't aready max skilled. I have a max skilled Siren only because of all the Ocean of Heaven goblin drops. Those red goblins are pretty easy to farm.

But yeah, I was looking at Poring Tower on Master and was like, "This doesn't seem too good." Then I clicked on Expert and was like "...wat."

GungHo JP quietly slipped the announcement of Yord Descended into their event announcement. Guess this means awoken Norse are coming soon, since afaik this is the first Norse-themed descended dungeon.

hermit7

Increased skill up chance is good will hope to finish skilling Vishnu (need 3 more skill ups) this event.

Aside from that there is not really much going on in this event. Wish there was a jewel dungeon or something for 1000 days.

Jagernaut

I'm surprised your R.Valk isn't aready max skilled. I have a max skilled Siren only because of all the Ocean of Heaven goblin drops. Those red goblins are pretty easy to farm.

But yeah, I was looking at Poring Tower on Master and was like, "This doesn't seem too good." Then I clicked on Expert and was like "...wat."

R Valk and Gigas are extremely easy to skill up from Samurai Goblins, they are the only heartbreakers you don't need Poring Tower for. I have 4 max skilled Gigas (only 1 Gigas the great) and School Gang Gigas only needs 2 more skillups.

Jagernaut

Increased skill up chance is good will hope to finish skilling Vishnu (need 3 more skill ups) this event.

Aside from that there is not really much going on in this event. Wish there was a jewel dungeon or something for 1000 days.

There's also challenge dungeons 10. I'll try doing them up to level 8.

Edit. I also need a Phoenix for Awoken Shiva so I'll be running that as much as possible on that day.

jay23

Looks like I'll have to farm for that last jewel of wood for awoken mei mei.

Just need to come up with a 100% skill bind resist team for hera beorc.

razterik

The big problem there is Hermes converts away hearts from Lakshmi. I wonder if we'll see a big adjustment in team comp to makes use of this guy or if he'll just be a cool niche sub.

Hermes is already a common Lakshmi sub, I +297ed mine for this team. Best usage is Hermes->Andromeda for a tricolor board of blue, hearts, and dark. Gabriel, Ruka, Blueberry Dragon or double Lakshmi can also be used instead of Andromeda. Or use him for blue row only burst, which works decently now with his and A.Karin's extra rows.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I love how the new Urd is basically B/R Skuld. Should be interesting to see Red get a whole bunch of RCV.

New Event:

Cool - great that we are getting free stones, was scared we would get Tamadras again.

Poring Tower and a bit Hera-Beorc Descended! Jewel hunting for me.

I want the new gronia for my Parvati team.

EDIT: went 1/18 for Vishnu skill ups yesterday night ugh

I went 0/5 yesterday lol...should have just waited for this event but i needed to clear my fridge. Sucks that he has such a high S. LVL.... hope i can max skill him during this event.

razterik

They should be alternating 2.5x skill ups every other event now. Would be nice if they could make all these bonuses consistent and/or permanent so you don't have to perform data analysis on each one.

JP getting 10x plus eggs in Descend dungeons this event. Which descend has the most normal drops? Hera Sowilo? Goemon should be like 4 plus eggs per run, it always had a high rate before.

Kind of annoyed that JP and NA 3x normal events are likely synced. Farming both is almost impossible, had to mostly abandon my JP alt last event.

yami4ct

Hermes is already a common Lakshmi sub, I +297ed mine for this team. Best usage is Hermes->Andromeda for a tricolor board of blue, hearts, and dark. Gabriel, Ruka, Blueberry Dragon or double Lakshmi can also be used instead of Andromeda. Or use him for blue row only burst, which works decently now with his and A.Karin's extra rows.

I hadn't thought of that. Is it worth switching out Bl.Odin for him? Odin gives way more HP and RCV and an extra Skill Boost, while Hermes has significantly more attack and the Skill Lock resist. They both seem to have uses. I'm thinking maybe A. Lakshmi/Gabriel/A. Karin/Amberjack/Bl.Odin (Hermes)/A. Lakshmi.

Of course this is all theoretical as it's still going to be a while before I actually build this team.

razterik

Hermes has the better active and will eventually have better awakenings. The skill bind resist would make your future team 100% resist, which is probably worth it alone.

I only run Blodin on Lakshmi when I need turn 1 actives, an extra healing source, or am facing very high HP green bosses (rare). But I usually have 4 or more hypermax cards on my team, so a less developed crew might need his higher HP.

ccbfan

Just realized beach dark Valk has a new leader,

3x devil and 1.5 dark.

With her awokenings and a five turn heart breaker, she's easily the best devil leader now.

Best part is that you don't even need to own one since she works well with the typical devil leader bunch. I'll probably never get her since I'm noniap and shiva dragon is priority 1.

hermit7

There's also challenge dungeons 10. I'll try doing them up to level 8.

Edit. I also need a Phoenix for Awoken Shiva so I'll be running that as much as possible on that day.

I saw that on Padx but it said it was challenge 1 again.

Hopefully some good rewards are around would love a snow globe Dragon.

Negator

Pooling Stamina for Poring Tower. Will complete the exp tama dungeon and run another set of Poring Tower. I think I'm pretty much going to do nothing but Poring Tower until it goes away.

Glad to see Poring Tower for those who need it. Hopefully the Gungho Collab comes around sometime soon. I want to get SS Isis max skilled.

Quantum

W H A L E B O Y S

I was, now I'm not.

I would be, but likely not.

I want all, but not.

'Puzzle and dragon haiku Morty whats up with that bioootch'

- rick, I don't think that they care that you are thinking so much about some puzzle game - I mean really - do you think they care - its like forever that-they tried to...

'Morty stop, if you talk too much about what he company will do they might not do it, you have no understanding {buuurp/gluuug}'

- but rick - I just mean, I mean maybe its like you know - they want the US players to like you know spend stones like the JPN players without all the cool stuff they get. you know its like we can try to be as good as they are

'bah I just pulled another golem - Morty re-roll and send me another present - I dont have enough for blips and citz right now. {gluuug}'

That's gotta be Goemon dungeon right? It always seemed like I got +eggs whenever I ran that dungeon. Drop rate must be crazy at 10x.

Anyway just finished my SV hour.

72 runs
7 stones
1 rank-up
113 +eggs

It's Descended Carnival. Apparently whales are now making +297 monsters per hour using push button and win goemon teams on Zeus, which is part of the Zeus Challenge dungeons currently running in JP, which inexplicably 10x descendeds also applies to.

Quantum

I missed star vault tonight, but apparently drank two old fashions at the best bar in the world.

somewhat presumptive, but if Forbes said it, it must be true o.0.

(the bartender was super nice and the ambient humidity made the sweat on the person next to me ordering while rubbing against me make so much sense.)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/karlaal...t-tales-of-the-cocktail-spirited-awards-2015/

[great drinks]

edit: drinking enhances pretty much every game I've played, PAD is the first game I'm terrible at when I've had a few.
- point, if anyone in NYC wants to make a 'drinking club', lets play then drink afterwards.

yami4ct

3 Pulls on JP Godfest. Can't resist the siren song of the Chinese gods.

GZL
Hanzo!!!
Yellow Slime Knight

I don't remember the last time I pulled something actually in the fest. Oh well, can't complain about all those golds. GZL is fine. I might be able to throw something together, but my green collection is really weird and scattershot. Yellow Slime seems nice, but I don't have a use on my JP side. Hanzo is super exciting, though. My first ninja on either account and definitely the one that can be most useful to me on my JP account. My Panda team is definitely the closest besides Gadius to actually being viable. This will push her over the edge.

Rixa

edit: drinking enhances pretty much every game I've played, PAD is the first game I'm terrible at when I've had a few.
- point, if anyone in NYC wants to make a 'drinking club', lets play then drink afterwards.

I would like to add to here, that alcohol (especially if its free / cheap) + Godfest + Credit Card + Stone prices in ¥ = Does make "miracles" to your wallet & to your inventory.

Padx lists 30 stones price to 22,99$.
Using Google exchange rate 22,99$ = 21,06€
My android PAD version has Stone prices as ¥
Cause ¥ has poor exchange rate compared to €, I got stones cheaper
Looked from my Credit Card bill, those 30 stones did cost to me 17,55€ (19,15$)

Not sure if Iam happy or not, atleast alcohol was free ;).

razterik

Judging by the reward list, this is actually Challenge 15. It's mostly a rehash of Challenge 1.

They skipped Challenge 10 because Zeus and Hera is the final floor on level 10.

PSA for anyone that doesn't look at dungeon info. Experience of a Lifetime gives 200,000 rank exp, don't run it close to a level up or you can lose all stamina from your next rank up or more depending on your level.

Rixa

PSA for anyone that doesn't look at dungeon info. Experience of a Lifetime gives 200,000 rank exp, don't run it close to a level up or you can lose all stamina from your next rank up or more depending on your level.

I didnt know what this was when alt made this few weeks ago on EU, I was kinda wtf when ranks started raise one after one (I was about 25 or so before I used it).

cw_sasuke

PDX is reporting that the Godfest next week will feature Three Kingdoms and Indian Gods. Perfect time to try to get Liu Bei for every Verdandi/Bastet user.

Only onee i want are Lakshmi, DKali and Skuld.

Judging by the reward list, this is actually Challenge 15. It's mostly a rehash of Challenge 1.

They skipped Challenge 10 because Zeus and Hera is the final floor on level 10.

Challenge 15 sucks...Woodpy is behind the most difficult stage. If i can make without having to spend more than 1 stone i will give it a shot next week.

Cant even use Awoken Bastet on that stage -.-

Azusa

Meh. Sometimes I don't care about stamina and leave it full for a day or two.

Rixa

Questions:

I have now 13 Stones, Iam going to use some Stones to upgrade inventory.

a) Should I use my STA to Poring tower for Siegfried skillups?
-> I have done Int & Expert, (how hard is Master, looking for 1 Stone from there).

b) Or do those 3 stages of Poring Tower and use excess STA for doing dungeons for Stones (GFest in hope for some good units)?

- I can get atleast 5 Stones from "Team challenge" in Normal Dungeons.
-> After clearing Vesta Caves, its been easy runs, next solo stage is Junos Island - Chaos Dragon of Ruins

- Technical dungeons atleast 3 Stones with Team Challenge
-> Next "solo" is Hypno Forest

Here is my team:

Screenshot_2015-08-07-13-15-46.png

cw_sasuke

I would try to get the stones now if you need them and invest on Poring Tower on the last day when it is 2x drop rate. You should be able to max skill Siegfried in one day with a bit luck.

Also if you could somehow get CuChu now and max skill him this weekend you would have a great Verdandi sub. You should be unlocking Heroes Hideout soon i think.

Azusa

Questions:

I have now 13 Stones, Iam going to use some Stones to upgrade inventory.

a) Should I use my STA to Poring tower for Siegfried skillups?
-> I have done Int & Expert, (how hard is Master, looking for 1 Stone from there).

b) Or do those 3 stages of Poring Tower and use excess STA for doing dungeons for Stones (GFest in hope for some good units)?

Do you really need to skill up him? its important. I have skilled up all heart breakers but never used them. You rarely need them. Also look at new leaders, they like hearts. Hearts are good. And don't forget that you can farm two heroes descend every day, when you unlock it in the normal dungeon.

At your rank its just better to roll a new god.

Rixa

Thank you, didnt remember that Two Heroes is farmable :). Stones it is then, I try once Poring tower master in hope for that Stone.

cw_sasuke

Thank you, didnt remember that Two Heroes is farmable :). Stones it is then, I try once Poring tower master in hope for that Stone.

Poring Tower is way better than 2 Heroes. With 2 Heroes you have to spend 40 stamina per run for one potential useful drop. On Poring Tower you can get up to 5-6 useful drop for 25 stamina. Especially now thats its running with the 2.5 skill up event you should take advantage of it...at least for the final day, who knows when Poring Tower will come back.

Definetly get a couple of Ghostrings for Lilith, skill up Siren and Angelion if you have them, as well as Gigas and Vampire.

You just pulled Ronia iirc...both are good subs for her if max skilled.

razterik

I wouldn't bother with Poring Tower for only one skill up. Only worth it if you're working on multiple things at once.

I did challenge 7-9 and I can confirm it is indeed challenge 1. Reward is the same as JP challenge 10 though.

It's not...

This is Challenge 15 data from PAD Guide. Levels and rewards are the same as what we have right now, except for JP stripped +9 from Tamadra in later challenges. Haven't run level 4 to see what ours drops yet. (Oh, duh, they listed it as a +9. Well, that's the only difference I can spot that would make this not Ch15.)

It's mostly an academic distinction, but I'd rather PADX and Guide would just link this for the info instead of butchering the old Challenge 1 data. I doubt GungHo went through the trouble of recoding a challenge when they could simply push this one ahead out of order.

Looking forward to see what ultimates for chibi Valk and Ronia are. Valk is already quite good, but chiRonia is worthless. Love to see her go in a new direction by dropping rows for TPAs and at least one skill boost.

8* bikini Valk in summer REM is horrible news. What's the minimum roll count for that, 500 rolls? A thousand? If this is some stupid half measure to avoid pushing MP shop to NA now, expect some rage.

What would be the best way to farm + eggs? The rate is 5x so I'd like to give it a try.

You missed the 3x normals plus egg event last time? That's better than 5x tech by far, especially when running Ocean of Heaven Sea God or Starlight Sanctuary King of the Gods. If you want to run 5x still, Mondays are usually the best day to farm since technical dungeons all get 1.5x drop rate bonus that day. Forbidden Tower Door of Light and Shadow is usually recommended, but if you're still clearing dungeons normally or in challenge mode, might as well keep doing that. Outside Mondays and FT, the technical versions of Mechdragons are probably the best source of plus eggs during 5x.

Rixa

Poring Tower is way better than 2 Heroes. With 2 Heroes you have to spend 40 stamina per run for one potential useful drop. On Poring Tower you can get up to 5-6 useful drop for 25 stamina. Especially now thats its running with the 2.5 skill up event you should take advantage of it...at least for the final day, who knows when Poring Tower will come back.

Definetly get a couple of Ghostrings for Lilith, skill up Siren and Angelion if you have them, as well as Gigas and Vampire.

You just pulled Ronia iirc...both are good subs for her if max skilled.

Yup I have 2 Ronias, one Angelion. Sadly I dont have Lilith / Siren / Gigas / Vampire.

Damn, I thought I had a shot against Challenge level 10 since its one of the old ones, but my Minerva team would have no way to block that Zeus Dios preemptive. I may give it a shot with Awoken Meimei, but that Hera-Ur floor would be rough.

NineH

Skillup RNG is so fickle and wacky. Went 0/10 for Pandora skillups but then I went 5/10 for Gadius skillups. I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad though since even though Black Fairies are easy to get, they don't come around often while Keeper of Golds are tougher but at least I have the opportunity to farm them every week.

razterik

Damn, I thought I had a shot against Challenge level 10 since its one of the old ones, but my Minerva team would have no way to block that Zeus Dios preemptive. I may give it a shot with Awoken Meimei, but that Hera-Ur floor would be rough.

No Dark Izanami? Or maybe red golem if team is plussed to make up for it. Can also pair with Uriel or Rodin in different ways to make it through. Hades is also something to consider, but isn't the best option.

Whelp, just went 4/6 on Urd skillups. Apparently 2.5x is legit.

No Dark Izanami? Or maybe red golem if team is plussed to make up for it. Can also pair with Uriel or Rodin in different ways to make it through. Hades is also something to consider, but isn't the best option.
Doh. I went through the trouble of max skilling DIza only to forget she exists. Still a bit worried about that final floor though. 6 million is a lot of HP.

cw_sasuke

Is your Meime skilled yet ? Dont think i have friend that have her already max skilled otherwise i would give it a shot. But tbh - G/L unit kinda suck so i might have to wait a bit until i can use her properly.

Top Bottom