• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Is your Meime skilled yet ? Dont think i have friend that have her already max skilled otherwise i would give it a shot. But tbh - G/L unit kinda suck so i might have to wait a bit until i can use her properly.
Yep max skilled, level, and awoken. Havent tried her as a leader yet, but let me know if you ever need to use her.

Artemis would be my go-to light choice, but her split ult will ruin that. Not sure what I could do after that.

Whelp, just went 4/6 on Urd skillups. Apparently 2.5x is legit.

Doh. I went through the trouble of max skilling DIza only to forget she exists. Still a bit worried about that final floor though. 6 million is a lot of HP.
I'll tell you right now that you'll be wasting your time using DIza on that team. Tried that on Challenge 15 and the damage drop from off-color + giving up an orb change/burst option was too much to get through Ur. You really can't afford that given Minerva's damage output. I ended up having to just stone through Dios's preemptive.

linsivvi

I wouldn't bother with Poring Tower for only one skill up. Only worth it if you're working on multiple things at once.

It's not...

This is Challenge 15 data from PAD Guide. Levels and rewards are the same as what we have right now, except for JP stripped +9 from Tamadra in later challenges. Haven't run level 4 to see what ours drops yet. (Oh, duh, they listed it as a +9. Well, that's the only difference I can spot that would make this not Ch15.)

It's mostly an academic distinction, but I'd rather PADX and Guide would just link this for the info instead of butchering the old Challenge 1 data. I doubt GungHo went through the trouble of recoding a challenge when they could simply push this one ahead out of order.

So challenge 1 and 15 are identical while the rewards for 10 and 15 are the same. You are right, this is most likely challenge 15 but is going to get confusing going forward.

Sukospin

Wakes up to see Experience of a Lifetime...Okay I see, this Tama probably gives a lot of experience.

*Beats Dungeon*

Oh...oops.

coy

2.5x is not treating me well this time.

0/5 Liu Bei
0/6 Kano
1/4 Kurone
1/6 School Gigas

I hope this turns around when I try to skillup G.Valk this weekend.

smbu2000

Pulled once on the first day of the new GF.

iPhone: Ishida Mitsunari, one of the new Sengoku series. Wood/Dark and his skill changes the board to Wood, Dark and Hearts (as well as reducing everybody else's cooldown by 2 turns, max skill level at 13 turns) and he'll make a nice sub for my recently acquired Zuoh.

iPad: Mei Mei (#2), need to level her up and she will be helpful on my recently acquired Zuoh team.

I'll pull again on day 2 of the GF when there is a chance for Kali to drop.

Thanks to the badpy present and the new challenge dungeon I was able to max skill my Kaito. Yay!

Also passed Rank 400 on my iPhone.

Quantum

I would like to add to here, that alcohol (especially if its free / cheap) + Godfest + Credit Card + Stone prices in ¥ = Does make "miracles" to your wallet & to your inventory.

Padx lists 30 stones price to 22,99$.
Using Google exchange rate 22,99$ = 21,06€
My android PAD version has Stone prices as ¥
Cause ¥ has poor exchange rate compared to €, I got stones cheaper
Looked from my Credit Card bill, those 30 stones did cost to me 17,55€ (19,15$)

Not sure if Iam happy or not, atleast alcohol was free ;).

I generally get iTunes codes at a discount, but other than that I've never gotten a discount for stones.

But I serious can't make more than five matches after having a few drinks

Epic Drop

Wow my terrible skill up luck steak finally ended today. Went 4/5 on urd (now max skill) and 5/10 on my second verdandi.

My a.Shiva Team is now fully max skilled, no where near enough plus eggs though (only Shiva is near 297).

Gonna spend the next few days running pouring tower to skill up a green valk I pulled a few godfests ago. I hate running that place to skill up a single card, but I've got a pretty amazing set of green cards and at some point I know ill kick myself if I don't skill up g.valk.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yep max skilled, level, and awoken. Havent tried her as a leader yet, but let me know if you ever need to use her.

Artemis would be my go-to light choice, but her split ult will ruin that. Not sure what I could do after that.

Yeah thanks - i will let you know if i give it a shot. But looking at the stage...with a green based team a +6 million HP boss at the end is tough. I have GZL/Awoken Hades, but doubt i can get through the other bosses without having to use their actives.

Nearly every encounter will bind you if you dont kill them asap.... -.-

Feels like it's been forever since Japan has had a good godfest. The new format for exclusives and these dumb carnivals aren't really helping me either. Wonder if I should just dump my stones into plus eggs this weekend. Zeus on 10x is ridiculous even without a push button team.

Just remembered a dream I had last night where they announced a Kushinada uvo that was G/L. I just want to make A.Isis without ruining full color coverage on my rainbow teams...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just remembered a dream I had last night where they announced a Kushinada uvo that was G/L. I just want to make A.Isis without ruining full color coverage on my rainbow teams...
G/L Attacker.... I mean why not, would gladly take her xD

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PSA for anyone that doesn't look at dungeon info. Experience of a Lifetime gives 200,000 rank exp, don't run it close to a level up or you can lose all stamina from your next rank up or more depending on your level.
Wait, what? Isn't the point to run it close to a stamina level up so your XP carries through the next level but your stamina replenishes because of the level up?

It's Descended Carnival. Apparently whales are now making +297 monsters per hour using push button and win goemon teams on Zeus, which is part of the Zeus Challenge dungeons currently running in JP, which inexplicably 10x descendeds also applies to.
Ah okay. Zeus is another with a high + rate. If 4-5 +eggs per run are common then it might actually be as good or better stam efficiency than OoH-5 during 3x normals. Would be the be the best by far for stam and time efficiency. And just when we were happy to finally get 3x normals...

Doh. I went through the trouble of max skilling DIza only to forget she exists.
I know what you mean. Early in the game's life I was able to come up with teams and knew my entire box by memory. There are so many monsters now, it's almost impossible to remember what you have. I'm frequently looking through my box making sure I don't have a monster that could use skillup mobs before I sell them or feed em for exp. Making a new team that's not already a popular archetype feels like trying to come up with a new Type-1 Magic the Gathering deck.

Wait, what? Isn't the point to run it close to a stamina level up so your XP carries through the next level but your stamina replenishes because of the level up?
You don't want to run it when you're close to ranking up because it's highly likely you'll rank up using natural stamina regeneration, which would fill up your stamina bar. When that bar gets nearly depleted is when you want to run EOALT, because then you get a free stamina refill you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. 200,000 rank EXP is a lot and is enough to rank players up instantly until like rank 400 or so.

linsivvi

Ah okay. Zeus is another with a high + rate. If 4-5 +eggs per run are common then it might actually be as good or better stam efficiency than OoH-5 during 3x normals. Would be the be the best by far for stam and time efficiency. And just when we were happy to finally get 3x normals...

The +egg rate for OoH-5 during 3x is about 13.5 +egg/stamina.

Wouldn't Zeus have to consistently drop 5 +eggs for it to be better? Since even 4 +eggs is worse.

Not to mention the much worse xp/stamina rate.

The +egg rate for OoH-5 during 3x is about 13.5 +egg/stamina.

Wouldn't Zeus have to consistently drop 5 +eggs for it to be better? Since even 4 +eggs is worse.

Not to mention the much worse xp/stamina rate.
Reports are that the +egg rate is 100% across the board.

If Hera Sowilo ever shows up prepare you're anuses for the whalepocalypse

Nohar

I have 15 Dub-topalit (and, of course, no monster* which need them), and only 2 Dub-Mythlit... This is getting frustrating.

* Actually, Light Bastet and Light Neptune do need them, but I'm not quite sure I should uevo those... And, well, it is not like I'm actually using them.

razterik

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/th...-in-10x-egg-rate-in-descended-dungeons.78849/

Some 10x Descend drop info for the curious. Sowilo should indeed be the best (aside from time) if it appears this cycle.

Zeus right now is exactly 12.5 stamina per plus egg, since it is always four plus egg drops and one evo mask. Better than anything in 3x normals, outside rank exp. People are hyped for it since it's constantly available for a couple more days due to being part of Zeus Challenge dungeon as opposed to time limited to one day (or hour). Also very easy and quick to run compared to most descends.

Debating on spending my stones farming this or pulling Godfest or summer REM. Don't have much investment in blue in JP and the Godfest pairings aren't great. But I have less than 200 stamina, so putting stones into it isn't very beneficial either. Hmm.

Typically I'd pull on the seasonal REM, but none of the whalebait cards do much for me. Meanwhile part 2 GF has Sengoku and the Nephthys curse. Maybe I'll save a courtesy roll for the Summer REM.

Giard

You missed the 3x normals plus egg event last time? That's better than 5x tech by far, especially when running Ocean of Heaven Sea God or Starlight Sanctuary King of the Gods. If you want to run 5x still, Mondays are usually the best day to farm since technical dungeons all get 1.5x drop rate bonus that day. Forbidden Tower Door of Light and Shadow is usually recommended, but if you're still clearing dungeons normally or in challenge mode, might as well keep doing that. Outside Mondays and FT, the technical versions of Mechdragons are probably the best source of plus eggs during 5x.

I didn't really check out that event.
If that's the case, I will wait until that event come back. Thanks.

I have lots of good monsters, but none of them have good + stats, I think it would help out for harder challenges.

razterik

Sowilo is coming tomorrow. I only have 50 stones, so I guess I'll just wait for her.

Hadn't checked yet. Sweet, I think I'll stone this and see how it works out. Even if the plus rate isn't 100%, it should still be better than anything else.

Cosmo, can you slot your Minerva that day? I'll probably get tired of running A.Shiva on it and Minerva is very easy and safe for Sowilo. Are angel/death invades on? I think I can handle those with that team.

Hadn't checked yet. Sweet, I think I'll stone this and see how it works out. Even if the plus rate isn't 100%, it should still be better than anything else.

Cosmo, can you slot your Minerva that day? I'll probably get tired of running A.Shiva on it and Minerva is very easy and safe for Sowilo. Are angel/death invades on? I think I can handle those with that team.
Switched her to slot 2, I think we're BFFed?

I'll tell you right now that you'll be wasting your time using DIza on that team. Tried that on Challenge 15 and the damage drop from off-color + giving up an orb change/burst option was too much to get through Ur. You really can't afford that given Minerva's damage output. I ended up having to just stone through Dios's preemptive.
Damn, that's not great to hear. Hopefully I can figure something out.

Quantum

- what is with the horrible names of some players.

- I'm still re-filling my friends list and I only reject people with graphic or disgusting names
- there are a lot of graphic and disgusting names.

I don't get it.

mike23

- what is with the horrible names of some players.

- I'm still re-filling my friends list and I only reject people with graphic or disgusting names
- there are a lot of graphic and disgusting names.

I don't get it.

I agree the names can be stupid, but you might be a bit oversensitive if 10-15 characters can disgust you.

hermit7

More skillups:

Vishnu - 1/2, max skilled now
Leeza - 0/5, I only need 3 skillups and I'm getting nothing

Nice! I haven't yet purchased the dungeon again but I intend to this weekend. I did get a green snow globe from the challenge dungeons however and intend to feed him to vishnu so he will be ready when his evo comes out.

yami4ct

Did one more pull on the JP side and.. dupe Kirin. The one Chinese god I have is the one I pull again. Haha. I'm keeping her in hopes that maybe her Awoken will give me a reason to have 2.

Quantum

I agree the names can be stupid, but you might be a bit oversensitive if 10-15 characters can disgust you.

I'm not sensitive to it, I just have the luxury of choosing the names and players I use as friends.

Looking at "Pu$$yBlood" is somewhat offensive to me and actually was the name that sparked my interest in why anyone would choose that. Family name maybe?

Edit: maybe I am being a little too sensitive as I can filter them at will (and do), but I just don't understand what effect a racist or sexually explicit name is supposed to have

TrickRoom

Darn it. I had my low-level team and clicked into the Friday Dungeon's expert levels on accident, thinking it was Poring Tower. Then I went into Poring Tower and got my ass handed to me anyway.

RIP 50 stamina. Gnight.

NineH

Nephthys curse continues, got three garbage gold eggs and ran out of stones. Machine dragons are the new troll gold eggs

If I can give you a Nephthys, I would. When the Egyptian 2 pantheon was first introduced, I managed to roll 3 Nephthys in a row so I was sour on them since I wished I got different gods like a Hathor or something, not 2 dupes.

Ducarmel

Did one more pull on the JP side and.. dupe Kirin. The one Chinese god I have is the one I pull again. Haha. I'm keeping her in hopes that maybe her Awoken will give me a reason to have 2.

I have 4, the only reason i did not pull on day one was because I was afraid of a dupe Kirin.

Pulled 4 times today on day 2 jp hoping for mostly dark cards from the midnight gala to try to build a team around Kite since he is my strongest dark leader. Egyptian 2 is boosted so I was really hoping for Neph.

Only managed to get Haku, which isn't a bad pull but not a good sub for Kite.

I got the new green Sengoku god he might have a spot on my bastet squad just for the skill bind resist awakening and 2 silvers I immediately sold for mp.

I have more pulls and only willing to use 2 more but I'm not sure if i should try my luck on summer REM or go for midnight gala again hoping for Neph, Dark Valk or Goetia

I have 4, the only reason i did not pull on day one was because I was afraid of a dupe Kirin.

Pulled 4 times today on day 2 jp hoping for mostly dark cards from the midnight gala to try to build a team around Kite since he is my strongest dark leader. Egyptian 2 is boosted so I was really hoping for Neph.

Only managed to get Haku, which isn't a bad pull but not a good sub for Kite.

I got the new green Sengoku god he might have a spot on my bastet squad just for the skill bind resist awakening and 2 silvers I immediately sold for mp.

I have more pulls and only willing to use 2 more but I'm not sure if i should try my luck on summer REM or go for midnight gala again hoping for Neph, Dark Valk or Goetia
That's another reason to hate these damn carnivals. Colored Valks don't even get boosted anymore.

Ducarmel

^I have an o.k.-ish team if i really want to work on Mitsunari,

Meimei, Liu Bei, Astroth, GZL, probably need green ninja or Leeza to replace one of them.

That's another reason to hate these damn carnivals. Colored Valks don't even get boosted anymore.

I had too look at the gala lineup because I thought gala's boosted all normal rem cards of the element, so now you really need to be the luckiest person ever to get colored Valks. Damn sticker girl REM in hindsight really was worth throwing all stones at.

Top Bottom