• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Illucio

Banned
Got a Hera-B today, now I can make Awoken Ceres.

Now with another Green Jewel I'm questioning whether I should try to make Awoken Ra or if I should make a Awoken Athena or 2nd Ult Valkyrie. :/

I feel like I don't need Awoken Ra because I have Bastet, but he's pretty damm useful.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Got a Hera-B today, now I can make Awoken Ceres.

Now with another Green Jewel I'm questioning whether I should try to make Awoken Ra or if I should make a Awoken Athena or 2nd Ult Valkyrie. :/

I feel like I don't need Awoken Ra because I have Bastet, but he's pretty damm useful.

Congrats - wish i had Awoken Ceres.
For the Jewel it depends on which other subs you have. Do you need Athena as a leader for a farming team ? Even so i probably would just go for Ra, with the right subs he is one of not the best leader in the game and his active can be useful when you use him as a sub.

This guy is about to spend 2060 magic stones on the summer REM in about 5 minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/c_hayaokinna
Bikini Valk flaunting that 8* rarity. He pulled 3 Bikinitrons compared to a single Bikinivalk so far.

At least he got a dark valk, I am looking forward to all those whales giving up trying to get her.
They can't lose. Pull until they get her or have enough pulls to just buy her outright.

Relaxing today. Finished off G.Valk via Porings. Challenges done, just used Ra for everything including C10. Just burned a stone on Hera preempt because I was too lazy to grind it with RoBee. Lol. Emptied the rest of my stam by buying the Light Mystic Knight dungeon for the clear stone. All these dungeons and I don't need anything from them. Feels satisfying.

Rixa

Managed earlier today to finally grab Succubus (which is now Lilith).

Screenshot_2015-08-09-10-04-19.png

It was 6th run in Abyss, sadly Poring Tower Ghostrings were not so cooperative, used around 10 and got total of 1 skill level up :/.

Negator

Man. Do I want to run 2x Poring Tower to finish skilling up Siegfried, run Sapphire Dragons, or do 2x Water Cat dragon for Nut skullups?

Why is this happening all at once.

linsivvi

Interesting, might have to try this. What were your other subs?

Beelz/Echidna/Haku/CDD/Baddie/Ronia

4 of them are +297

Only thing bindable are gods which is Haku. No big deal.

You probably have much better subs than I do.

Floor 1, I used Echidna after the 99% gravity, kill on last turn
Floor 2, Haku, CDD, Beelz, Baddie
Floor 3, it's easy to stall once he starts turning dark orbs into junk
Floor 4, at about 30%, use Echidna and kill on last turn
Floor 5, stall as long as possible then use Ronia, or use Echidna if necessary
Floor 6, when Echidna is ready, or can't stall any longer, use everything.

Ducarmel

They can't lose. Pull until they get her or have enough pulls to just buy her outright.

I thought they changed their minds about buying her when I saw she was on the REM list.

I have a little over 100000 mp. I would be like ~ 50000 mp short if I sell stuff I don't use but none of them are dupes and I will never know if in the future they would be useful to me. I would be able to buy her if I sell stuff I only use only for specific stuff for an extra awakening in resist skill bind/poison/etc.

I do need a Darl Valk but I don't think if its worth selling all that at this time.

I thought they changed their minds about buying her when I saw she was on the REM list.

I have a little over 100000 mp. I would be like ~ 50000 mp short if I sell stuff I don't use but none of them are dupes and I will never know if in the future they would be useful to me. I would be able to buy her if I sell stuff I only use only for specific stuff for an extra awakening in resist skill bind/poison/etc.

I do need a Darl Valk but I don't think if its worth selling all that at this time.
Sure. Why spend 300K if you can pull her for less? I'm just saying if they keep pulling for her without success, they'll eventually reach a point where all their crap pulls can be sold to just buy her. Even in a worst case scenario where a whale only sells silver pulls, that's at most 100 pulls for a guaranteed Bikinivalk. That should give any whale that really wants her confidence to pull, knowing there's an upper-limit to how many stones they need to spend to get her. The MP system really is genius on GH's part, giving whales a feeling that there really aren't any bad pulls anymore. Just like overflow stamina, it benefits players while also removing mental blocks to spend more stones.

Personally, unless I really needed an MP monster for a specific team, I'd rather spend MP on latent awakenings to make my best teams stronger. 300K can max out 3 monsters with elemental resists, or a whole team with +HP/ATK/RCV/Time Extend

cw_sasuke

Skilling up BValk is troublesome - another 1/5. Am at SLV 4 now and probably wont make it before Poring Tower ends -.-
Was able to max skill Mini Lilith though.

Finally got the last jewel of wood to awaken Mei Mei.

My poverty wood team no Vishnu or liu bei

Congrats - dont underestimate GZL/Meime they will hit hard enough to kill most things if you can combo just enough. Kushi is probably a flex sub right ? What unit will you use if you dont need her skill ? One more orb changer with a lower CD would be perfect for floor 1 kills.

Noaloha

Bah, just realised that Guan Yinping drops an ingredient I'll need for Awoken Leilan. Bad timing. Thinking I'll just leave it and carry on dumping my stamina into Poring. Need 1 more skill up for L.Valk, 3 for D.Valk and 2 for Cu Chu.

cw_sasuke

Thanks and yea kushi is situational, whos the better sub Cu Chulainn or acient dragon knight Zeal?

If both are max skilled i would take CuChu because of his fire sub element and better stats. Well and you probably have him higher leveled anyway if you use him on your Verdandi squad.

zoku88

Managed to max skill my chibi valk, dark valk, vampire, blue valk, chu chu, red valk.

Not sure if I want to bother max skilling my regular valk.

cw_sasuke

Managed to max skill my chibi valk, dark valk, vampire, blue valk, chu chu, red valk.

Not sure if I want to bother max skilling my regular valk.

Wow...you have all Valks except the GValk ? Damn.

You probably were waiting a while for that dungeon to come back xD
I only have BValk and couldnt wait for the comeback.

razterik

You only roll once

You got me. Rolled once, chibi Seiryuu. :( Did roll Godfest once for my first Yomi. Needs Awoken form soon.

Should have used those stones to farm more plus eggs. Didn't even know they lifted the star restriction on PADZ (that was this one, right?). Decent rate so far.

Didn't have as much time for Sowilo as I wanted, but still managed a little over 300 eggs with 7 stones. Thanks for Minerva, Cosmo.

It's sad how much GungHo must hate NA. We beg for regular 5x tech for almost a year, and get it after 3x normals is introduced. Plead for 3x normals for at least 8 months, and after one chance at it, they drop 10x Descends in JP, which is even better, faster and easier. Coin Star Vault still hasn't even shown up in NA and it's officially garbage tier. Why spend 30 million when you can buy Descend Carnival for 3 million and get twice as many plus eggs in an hour!?

They're trashing the time progression of the game in exchange for an incredibly accelerated rate for stone usage. A +297 used to be a month of work, then it was a week, then a day, now it's an hour and less stones than ever. Every non-IAP can save up 30 stones and full +297 a team in a week of 10x Descend.

The Summer collab monster skills are hilarious, wow. More of this please.
http://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDr..._funny_skills_used_by_monsters_in_the_summer/

Congrats man.

Do you have any use for her right now? What teams would she be useful on?

Heck if I know. I was secretly hoping I'd roll her cause I just got a Motonari last godfest, but I can't actually think of a strong team I could build involving her. Can't even dump all my Blue Dragon Fruit into her since her skill actually corresponds to the red one due to the element swap.

coy

G.Valk done and I'm not gonna bother with the dupe I have. I also haven't seen a green jewel from Beorc so Mei Mei will have to wait a bit longer if this doesn't change. With Sonia Gran being the other invade dungeon, that may be an extended wait.

I'll be spending the next two weeks trying to max skill Osiris. Probably try C8 & C9 to break the monotony.

jay23

G.Valk done and I'm not gonna bother with the dupe I have. I also haven't seen a green jewel from Beorc so Mei Mei will have to wait a bit longer if this doesn't change. With Sonia Gran being the other invade dungeon, that may be an extended wait.

I'll be spending the next two weeks trying to max skill Osiris. Probably try C8 & C9 to break the monotony.

Took me about 7 runs to get my green jewel from hera beorc.

Definitely not rolling in that trapfest, only thing I would want is dark valk.

Ducarmel

does dub mythlit still drop in Starlight Sanctuary?

Not even an appearance in all the runs I did today. Even got 2 king gold dragons which never drop for me. I feel like I'm wasting my time/stamina

coy

Took me about 7 runs to get my green jewel from hera beorc.

Definitely not rolling in that trapfest, only thing I would want is dark valk.
I need 2, 3 if we include the one for G.Valk busty. I'll do a spin on the PEM later and try my luck.
does dub mythlit still drop in Starlight Sanctuary?

Not even an appearance in all the runs I did today. Even got 2 king gold dragons which never drop for me. I feel like I'm wasting my time/stamina
I got one today so they definitely are there. Funnily enough, I was thinking similarly until last week during 3x when I had 3 drop. I did some KotG runs but many more OoH yet both masks and dubs felt like they were dropping at better rates. I'm sure this perception was inflated due to the number of runs.

Ducarmel

I just wanted to know if I missed a change or something, I have not ran kog in months and realized today I had no dub myths and could not evolve yingping. Usually a day of farming kog I would get 3-5 or more.

smbu2000

10x descend has been a real boon. I haven't even been able to do it that much so far, but I finished up my Hino Kagu and now my base Vegito is all hyper, yay! (Vegito/Trunks/Vegeta/Hino Kagu/Liu Bei)

I'm working on my Awoken Ra now and I'm almost 2/3rds of the way there. I might be able to finish him by the end of the day...
Should have used those stones to farm more plus eggs. Didn't even know they lifted the star restriction on PADZ (that was this one, right?). Decent rate so far.

Didn't have as much time for Sowilo as I wanted, but still managed a little over 300 eggs with 7 stones. Thanks for Minerva, Cosmo.

It's sad how much GungHo must hate NA. We beg for regular 5x tech for almost a year, and get it after 3x normals is introduced. Plead for 3x normals for at least 8 months, and after one chance at it, they drop 10x Descends in JP, which is even better, faster and easier. Coin Star Vault still hasn't even shown up in NA and it's officially garbage tier. Why spend 30 million when you can buy Descend Carnival for 3 million and get twice as many plus eggs in an hour!?

They're trashing the time progression of the game in exchange for an incredibly accelerated rate for stone usage. A +297 used to be a month of work, then it was a week, then a day, now it's an hour and less stones than ever. Every non-IAP can save up 30 stones and full +297 a team in a week of 10x Descend.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDr..._funny_skills_used_by_monsters_in_the_summer/
I wouldn't say that they hate NA. It's most likely just a case of neglect as the JP side is their top money maker/high priority. The devs are also JP, so it makes sense that everything happens here first.

3x normal is the best option for non-iap players, IMO. You get a lot of experience running the dungeons and you have a pretty good chance of getting plus eggs. You can take your time and you don't really need to spend stones if you just farm normally and you don't mind collecting plus eggs at a slow pace.

10x descend drops are best for plus farmers and if you don't mind spending stones. It is definitely the best option for Gung Ho if they want people to use their stones (outside of GF REMs.) For lower rank players it might not be the best as you have to be able to clear the descends already and fairly quickly if you want to be efficient farming. You do have to have a descend clearable team. I've been farming with my Vegito team as I can go through a lot of descends fairly quickly with that team. You also need to have a decent amount of stamina or your stone usage will be through the roof.

Sowilo took me more time to clear, but the rewards (more plus eggs/experience) made it better for me over doing Zeus. I've been running through PADZ today and I've been able to get quite a few plus eggs while going through it fairly quickly.

razterik

I don't know, the timing on NA getting hosed is pretty convenient. But I likely am reading too much into it. Can't wait to enjoy the Summer beach collab during Christmas! Heh heh.

I agree that some Descends on 10x are much better options than others, but look at Sowilo. Very easy and gives great rewards and rank exp. My JP account is in the 350s and I still only needed one stone to rank up each time. That's as efficient as anything in 3x normals outside KotG and the plus egg drops are way better. If Hera Challenge shows up during a 10x event...

Damn chibi Valk. Four stones of Poring, over 30 feeds and only two skill ups. Just going to farm Valkyrie next time it appears. Finished second blue Valk and chibi Lilith at least.

5x tech Monday and I got nothing to do. Freedom is sweet.

cw_sasuke

Was able to max skill BValk with my last attempt - dont know how many feeds i needed but probably around 30 :eek:

Now i only need to max skill Sara and im ready to give the team a shot. Anyone else here playing Sara ?

I was aiming for this TPA team - Sara/Hatsume/BValk/U&Y/SunQuan/Sara - all max skilled. But at max lvl without +eggs i only have like 15-16k HP.

If i switch out Sun Quan for Blodin i could reach +18k HP - which seems better. Dont know if Sun Quans active is needed if you have enough orbs.

Heck if I know. I was secretly hoping I'd roll her cause I just got a Motonari last godfest, but I can't actually think of a strong team I could build involving her. Can't even dump all my Blue Dragon Fruit into her since her skill actually corresponds to the red one due to the element swap.

Heh, well at least you have her now - she will definetly be useful down the line. I hope we also get changed up Verdandi and Skuld versions for other events down the line.

Thats awesome - we need more stuff like this lol.

razterik

Does anyone have some data on the DTron update? Is the 1.35x HP modifier any good to bring her back to relevance?

Challenge 18, lvl 10 clears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywhhrnn0YJg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnxYKGXNbs

HP is high enough to take some large preemptives and normal hits without using shields, which is probably the biggest change. Maybe easier to get in range and not die. She'll struggle to heal back that HP, but that's a bonus in some instances. Can now field autoheals or use Pandora without as much worry about going over 80% threshold.

Quantum

I don't know, the timing on NA getting hosed is pretty convenient. But I likely am reading too much into it. Can't wait to enjoy the Summer beach collab during Christmas! Heh heh.

for me its a vicious cycle.

- the delay makes me spend less in the game, by the time the summer festival comes to the US I will have talked myself out of rolling. If it released at the same time I would have definitely bought a pack of stones.

- because we buy less stones, Gungho gives less benefits and freebies, thinking internally we are just not as into the game and play less frequently

- because we get less perks and play less frequently there is no need to update us or communicate to players the timing of upcoming events or give timely information when something is coming to servers outside of JPN

- because the information provided last second or even after an event starts players are less interested in the game.

(of course we have been told that both communication and support will improve, but I haven't seen it - I believe that if sites like padx/forum didn't exist 90% of the US players would quit.)

Ducarmel

for me its a vicious cycle.

- the delay makes me spend less in the game, by the time the summer festival comes to the US I will have talked myself out of rolling. If it released at the same time I would have definitely bought a pack of stones.
I feel the same way.

Besides star eggs still being in the REM

Whats stopping me from buying stones is by the time content is released here I already am aware how that content fairs meta game wise. I can just save the free stones I get and only use them when I know the chances for a good card I want is high. Why gamble on a new REM when I know if its shit after months being out in jp and all I have to do is wait for a better REM or PCGF.

Negator

Don't forget the additional side effect of more advanced players sick of waiting for content updates when they can just make JP account and enjoy more free stuff and cheaper stones.

raiot

smbu2000

PSA anyone on jp should be running pad z until it hurts. Guaranteed 6 plus eggs.
Not necessarily 6 plus eggs. I've been running it quite a bit today and I was always n the 4-6 range. 6 was quite common though.

I was able to get my Awoken Ra to nearly 297. Just need a few more HP plus eggs.

Jagernaut

I'm trying to get a Phoenix today to make Awoken Shiva and I'm quitting the dungeon if it doesn't drop. 0/2 so far.

Edit. 0/4, this sucks.

Jonsoncao

Banned
PSA anyone on jp should be running pad z until it hurts. Im getting 4-6 + every run.

I got 4+ several times...third and fourth seem to be the non-guaranteed floors.

I'm trying to get a Phoenix today to make Awoken Shiva and I'm quitting the dungeon if it doesn't drop. 0/2 so far.

Edit. 0/4, this sucks.

Wait till you got one, and then you will find once you got one, it drops more frequently (even from PEM)!

jay23

So basically we should save all our stones for that instead of 3x normal. I see people on reddit talking about getting +297 every hour.

So basically we should save all our stones for that instead of 3x normal. I see people on reddit talking about getting +297 every hour.
Well, we're due to get our first advent dungeon very soon (Zaerog Infinity), and in those dungeons fully hypermaxed teams are critical for success. You can ignore the carrot but you'll have to be okay with taking the stick as well.

zoku88

I finally max skilled my Vishnu.

I think I'll hold off on Krishna. I don't even use him that much.... I need to do these challenge dungeons..

linsivvi

Weekend at 3x normal is still a very good deal. Should definitely not spend stones on star vault any more. If it ever comes to the shop dungeon it'll be basically 30 million coins to buy a magic stone.

cw_sasuke

I'm 0/8 for Phoenix. What's the drop rate on this thing, it's ridiculous.

I know that feeling....0/7 so far. Think i will just give up on Phoenix on Zeus Vulc - didnt knew the drop rate was this bad. Was looking forward on using a endgame Fire team but i might just hope for PAL machine luck.

If you keep going at it...best of luck - hope you get the drop !!

What pisses me off is that i could have spend the stones/stamina working on Sara skill ups - randoms drop are as bad as the Gacha which i try to stay away from.

Top Bottom