• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Awoken Ra and awoken shiva destroyed challenges 1-8, next up is 9 and 10.

9 has that red orb absorb at the beginning, if I don't get orb trolled then awoken shiva should do well.

10? No clue with the dark queen Hera preemptive

J0dy77

9 has that red orb absorb at the beginning, if I don't get orb trolled then awoken shiva should do well.

I tried this a couple times this morning with Ra. It was easy to tank/heal through the 10 turns in round 1. I just ended up getting orb trolled on round 5 with the G/L dragon that hits for a ton with 6 million HP.

On a side note, it's amazing how trivial a lot of these dungeons would become if I could just pull L. Kali. Having her ability and tpa would save me so many wipes.

mike23

Beat 5-9 with Shiva. 8 took a few tries until I switched out Hino for Gadius (Shiva/Gadius/Urd/chibi chiyome/Cao Cao/Shiva). Bind clear + extra heal was critical.

I'm about 3000 hp short of tanking the Hera preempt in 10 with Mamiya. I might just eat a stone. I'm hesitating though since it is so early in the run, the chance that I'll die even after using the stone is pretty high.

On another note, I had a decent S-Rank with Shiva the other day after using up some extra stamina.

NyrAQtv.jpg

I tried this a couple times this morning with Ra. It was easy to tank/heal through the 10 turns in round 1. I just ended up getting orb trolled on round 5 with the G/L dragon that hits for a ton with 6 million HP.

On a side note, it's amazing how trivial a lot of these dungeons would become if I could just pull L. Kali. Having her ability and tpa would save me so many wipes.

Awoken Ra and l Kali would make so many dungeons trivial. I have paired awoken Ra with L Kali sometimes, you get x30 on the base attack, and the stone saving from orb troll, you do lose the possibility of x200 (25 x 2 x 2 x 2) when I pair with izanagi... But x120 isn't bad (30 x 2 x 2)

As long as the monster doesn't have absorb it's nice to know they die no matter what... Need to find a God that delays, I'm subbing in sun quan, but he is the dragon/healer one. If his dungeon comes back I'm skilling up the other one for a better synergy

J0dy77

Got through floor 9 on the third try. Got a clear board on threedia on floor 5 and was able to one shot him. Round six was a good board as well and used sun quan and dark kali on emporer.

J0dy77

Awoken Ra and l Kali would make so many dungeons trivial. I have paired awoken Ra with L Kali sometimes, you get x30 on the base attack, and the stone saving from orb troll, you do lose the possibility of x200 (25 x 2 x 2 x 2) when I pair with izanagi... But x120 isn't bad (30 x 2 x 2)

As long as the monster doesn't have absorb it's nice to know they die no matter what... Need to find a God that delays, I'm subbing in sun quan, but he is the dragon/healer one. If his dungeon comes back I'm skilling up the other one for a better synergy

I have to pay around with using l. Kali with ra a bit more. Not sure if I would have quite enough damage without double ra active.

In looking at for 10 now. How the heck does everyone get around the hera preemptive in round 1? Only team with enough hp would be beelzebub for me.

Negator

Should I bother farming up another LIlith or just save some of these poison ghosts or just feed them?

I'm not sure I'd ever need a D/D and a D/L Lilith.

I have to pay around with using l. Kali with ra a bit more. Not sure if I would have quite enough damage without double ra active.

In looking at for 10 now. How the heck does everyone get around the hera preemptive in round 1? Only team with enough hp would be beelzebub for me.

I think someone cleared C10 with Hathor.

yami4ct

I think someone cleared C10 with Hathor.

Hathor's survivability would be really good there. I hadn't thought of that. Putting out consistent enough damage to get through the whole thing might be tough, though. At least for me it might be.

I'm still really interested to see how Awoken Kirin pans out. If she's super duper tanky, she might be a really fun challenge lead. I doubt she'll be able to tank Hera, though, as dark is likely the one type she won't resist.

smbu2000

Pulled more on day 2 of the GF. Hoping for a DKali (or LKali on my iPad.)

iPad: Markab (one of those new machine type characters, probably won't use it)
Cerberus Rider (99 attack active skill at 2 turns max, hmmm...don't think I'll ever use this one)

iPhone: Mori Motonari (another new one! changes board to water/fire with 2 turn cooldown reduction for others at 15 turns max, nice. Too bad my Skuld is on my iPad.)
Zuoh! (Wow, my second Zuoh. I just got the other one last week, hehe.)
D.Chester Situational character (3 skill bind resists!), but I'm glad he is dragon/devil. I can throw him on my Vegito team when I need the extra skill bind resists or to take out poison/jammer orbs. Just need the DC collab. to come back sometime to have a chance to skill him up.

Tried out Sowilo mythical once and wow, 6 plus eggs. Very nice! Thought about trying legendary, but Sowilo isn't a guaranteed drop so that would be one less plus egg.

Now it seems like people are stacking on the new awakenings, specifically dark damage reduction. Each one only reduces damage by 1%, but if you have them on all of your team (including your friend) that would give you 30% damage reduction, which should be enough to survive that pre-emptive with a Ra team.

J0dy77

Now it seems like people are stacking on the new awakenings, specifically dark damage reduction. Each one only reduces damage by 1%, but if you have them on all of your team (including your friend) that would give you 30% damage reduction, which should be enough to survive that pre-emptive with a Ra team.

I've been reading up on the best new awakenings and the consensus seems to be that Dark resist is the best followed by HP.

My dilemma for this challenge run is on the US, so no new awakening system yet. I don't think I'm going to waste my time trying it. I might be able to try a resist team or something like that. But Ra or Horus aren't going to cut it.

linsivvi

Double Minerva, combo lead with Minerva, Bastet with Osiris, Beelzbub/Ronia.

Ra works too if you have enough dark resist subs and +eggs. Dark Night Skydragon reduces the damage to 23K.

yami4ct

Double Minerva, combo lead with Minerva, Bastet with Osiris, Beelzbub/Ronia.

Ra works too if you have enough dark resist subs and +eggs. Dark Night Skydragon reduces the damage to 23K.

I hope the PAD Z collab comes back soon. I didn't know how useful the resist dragons would be and I missed a couple. sadly including Dark. I'll definitely complete that collection when it comes back.

smbu2000

Oh, wow. That new DMeta leader skill boost is nice! In addition to her God/Attackers have 4x attack when HP is under 80%. Now dark cards get a 1.35x HP boost. Paired with another DMeta and your team gets a 1.82x HP boost.

I just tried out a dungeon with my relatively low HP DMeta team (has 2 Hanzos on it) and the only hyper cards are DMeta, D/D Haku and my friend DMeta and my team has over 34k HP! Insane! I think it had like 19k HP before. I think I might have to start using my DMeta team more again.

It's too bad I can't use my Zuoh on the team as he isn't a God/Attacker. I wish A.Meimei was G/D as she would be good on the team with her skill.
I've been reading up on the best new awakenings and the consensus seems to be that Dark resist is the best followed by HP.

My dilemma for this challenge run is on the US, so no new awakening system yet. I don't think I'm going to waste my time trying it. I might be able to try a resist team or something like that. But Ra or Horus aren't going to cut it.
Yeah, the HP one seems good as well as the dark resist. The resist ones are expensive though. At least they have a chance of dropping now in the coin dungeons, last time for the Hera Ur one it was the fire resist one and now I think in the Noah descend one the water resist has a chance of appearing.

I just used 4 of the dark resist ones on my hyper LKali and once I have enough for the 5th one then she will be all set. It's not enough for Hera, not having the whole team, but at least I won't get wasted by one of those 100% damage attacks (from dark monsters.)

A resist team would seem to be your best bet for when she shows up on the first floor. Even somebody like A.Karin or A.Meimei could work as well.

linsivvi

I hope the PAD Z collab comes back soon. I didn't know how useful the resist dragons would be and I missed a couple. sadly including Dark. I'll definitely complete that collection when it comes back.

It will come back in the shop dungeon with Light and Dark getting their own floor.

Alright guys, I'm looking for tips on this game. I'm getting a bit burnt out by the grinding, but I enjoy the gameplay so much I'm rolling with it.

While I obviously can't just blaze through it with some advice, I figure there might be some tricks or things I can do to achieve higher levels faster. What dungeons I should be doing, what I should avoid wasting stamina on, and so on.

I'm rank 63, have 49 stamina, 8 stones at the moment, and 2,025,459 coins.

I have the following gods/devils/whatever:

Phantom Dragon Anima was my starting REM monster I got after the tutorial, btw.

So what should I be doing at this point in the game?

Jonsoncao

Banned
Alright guys, I'm looking for tips on this game. I'm getting a bit burnt out by the grinding, but I enjoy the gameplay so much I'm rolling with it.

While I obviously can't just blaze through it with some advice, I figure there might be some tricks or things I can do to achieve higher levels faster. What dungeons I should be doing, what I should avoid wasting stamina on, and so on.

Progress normally during the weekdays. Farming Tier 5 dungeons (from Hyperion Lava) for rank exp. You can farm Tower of Giant dungeon 3 for rank exp during the weekend.

Doing pengdra dungeon whenever it comes, feed the trash mob you got the dungeons to the pengdra to get it to lvl 10, then evolve it to get 45k same color exp for cards.

Don't forget to do that 200k rank exp dungeon though.

Are you just grinding for the sake of grinding, or are you doing so because you are getting stuck on a particular dungeon? PAD is boring when you're just aimlessly playing without any goals. What are your primary team builds for difficult dungeons? Are you friending GAF players? Our superpowered leaders will help you tackle content you wouldn't be able to beat with pubbies.

You should be able to tackle a few of the currently available challenge dungeons; they'll give you a way to measure your progress as you clear floors you weren't previously able to.

Progress normally during the weekdays. Farming Tier 5 dungeons (from Hyperion Lava) for rank exp. You can farm Tower of Giant dungeon 3 for rank exp during the weekend.

Doing pengdra dungeon whenever it comes, feed the trash mob you got the dungeons to the pengdra to get it to lvl 10, then evolve it to get 45k same color exp for cards.

Don't forget to do that 200k rank exp dungeon though.

I did the 200k dungeon, which brought me from rank ~51 to 61 or 62 I believe. That was awesome.

What do you mean by the bolded though? Just do the third dungeon in Tower of Giants over and over because it has 1/2 stamina?

Are you just grinding for the sake of grinding, or are you doing so because you are getting stuck on a particular dungeon? PAD is boring when you're just aimlessly playing without any goals. What are your primary team builds for difficult dungeons? Are you friending GAF players? Our superpowered leaders will help you tackle content you wouldn't be able to beat with pubbies.

You should be able to tackle a few of the currently available challenge dungeons; they'll give you a way to measure your progress as you clear floors you weren't previously able to.

My main team right now is a red/green one, with PD Anima, WD Minerva, Phoenix Knight Homura, Green Dragon Fruit (I like the ability to make the board red/green), and Mandrake (ability to help heal in a pinch).

I'd been going through the main dungeons but kept getting beat in Polar Night Tower before finally beating the last one last night after getting the massive rank boost and adding Homura to my team. I haven't tried any of the Tower of Nature ones yet. Same boat in the Technical Dungeons. I was stuck at Twilight Woods for the better part of two weeks but haven't tried it yet after my big rank up.

I just realized there is a big spread sheet with everybody's Friend ID in the OP. Any recommendations on who to add?

And as for the challenge dungeons, I can just to the three tri color ones. Quite easily. But I get destroyed in the fourth challenge about halfway through. I've only tried twice though, because that's 40 of my 49 stamina.

EDIT: And I also have the game on my tablet with a more coherent team (Attackers based), but I'm not as far and treat my phone version as my go-to, with my tablet as my backup. On there my main team is Double-Edged Blade Brave, Claymore (44), Magma Chimera (28), Yellow Grimoire, Ars Nova (32), Liu Bei (max 50).

I did the 200k dungeon, which brought me from rank ~51 to 61 or 62 I believe. That was awesome.

What do you mean by the bolded though? Just do the third dungeon in Tower of Giants over and over because it has 1/2 stamina?
Right, Dragons of the Tower gives abnormally high exp/stamina during 1/2 stamina. You can chain run it up to rank 80 or so... it's kinda boring though imo.

My main team right now is a red/green one, with PD Anima, WD Minerva, Phoenix Knight Homura, Green Dragon Fruit (I like the ability to make the board red/green), and Mandrake (ability to help heal in a pinch).

I'd been going through the main dungeons but kept getting beat in Polar Night Tower before finally beating the last one last night after getting the massive rank boost and adding Homura to my team. I haven't tried any of the Tower of Nature ones yet. Same boat in the Technical Dungeons. I was stuck at Twilight Woods for the better part of two weeks but haven't tried it yet after my big rank up.

I just realized there is a big spread sheet with everybody's Friend ID in the OP. Any recommendations on who to add?

And as for the challenge dungeons, I can just to the three tri color ones. Quite easily. But I get destroyed in the fourth challenge about halfway through. I've only tried twice though, because that's 40 of my 49 stamina.

EDIT: And I also have the game on my tablet with a more coherent team (Attackers based), but I'm not as far and treat my phone version as my go-to, with my tablet as my backup. On there my main team is Double-Edged Blade Brave, Claymore (44), Magma Chimera (28), Yellow Grimoire, Ars Nova (32), Liu Bei (max 50).
Just add everybody; if they're still playing they'll usually accept as long as you have GAF somewhere in your name.

Yeah so the "problem" with that Anima team is that it has no synergy. Most of your team is playing at 1xATK, not to mention no HP boost either. I don't know what friend leaders you're running with (the friend leader is as important as your own when determining what archetype your team falls under) but I imagine it has little synergy with your own too. Your tablet team is stronger on paper for that reason.

Try experimenting with a rainbow Set team instead; his ATK boost is color agnostic so even if you don't run with all Fire monsters you're at least getting some kind of multiplier. He's got synergy with a lot of commonly used leaders like Horus, Kali, Kirin, etc. not to mention his activation condition will also help you become a better PAD player.

Right, Dragons of the Tower gives abnormally high exp/stamina during 1/2 stamina. You can chain run it up to rank 80 or so... it's kinda boring though imo.

Just add everybody; if they're still playing they'll usually accept as long as you have GAF somewhere in your name.

Yeah so the "problem" with that Anima team is that it has no synergy. Most of your team is playing at 1xATK, not to mention no HP boost either. I don't know what friend leaders you're running with (the friend leader is as important as your own when determining what archetype your team falls under) but I imagine it has little synergy with your own too. Your tablet team is stronger on paper for that reason.

Try experimenting with a rainbow Set team instead; his ATK boost is color agnostic so even if you don't run with all Fire monsters you're at least getting some kind of multiplier. He's got synergy with a lot of commonly used leaders like Horus, Kali, Kirin, etc. not to mention his activation condition will also help you become a better PAD player.

I went and added I think 9 or 10 people. I'll have to go through and add a few more later.

I made a team with Set/Minerva/pandora/sun wukong/Mandrake. That way I have two reds, a yellow, a purple, and a green. I like the multiplier stuff like you suggested - it's something I realized the game had and obviously used every once in a while but for whatever reason it didn't occur to me to focus on that specifically rather than look at building an Attacker/God/Devil or Dragon team or whatever. Very nice. None of them are of a high level yet, but now that I know who to focus on for a bit, this will only improve.

Thanks for the tips, by the way. Definitely gives me things to build on and look toward.

Note that for rainbow teams it's not sufficient to match orbs of that color, you have to attack with that color as well. Since you have no blue on your team you can't depend on blue orbs to get the multiplier. You can try using Umisachi&Yamasachi or Karin players as friend leaders to fill up that blue hole, or swap out something on your team for a blue monster.

Also note the rainbow team condition means that (for example) if your only source of light gets bound, any light orb matches you make won't contribute towards activating Set's leader skill.

yami4ct

Also note the rainbow team condition means that (for example) if your only source of light gets bound, any light orb matches you make won't contribute towards activating Set's leader skill.

This sure is an annoying problem on Rainbow Squads. I'm currently running an un-evolved Marine Rider on my Awoken Ra team because I'm too cheap to put anything into something I'm replacing in like 2 weeks with Isis. The number of times he's been bound and screwed me over has been staggering. Had it been D. Kali or Ra, I would've resisted. If it was L.Kali I could still activate. Marine Rider, though? Totally screwed. Cannot wait to have my Awoken Isis and be rid of this problem forever.

yami4ct

I thought I'd make a JP account for shits and giggles.

...you're shitting me right?

[ig]http://www.imgur.com/lYuHhytl.jpeg[/img]

Hahaha. Exact same thing happened to me. My first viable roll on my JP alt was Kirin, who was my main on my US account. Since then, things have diverged heavily and now they're almost polar opposites in terms of what they have, but it was definitely a funny way to start.

Note that for rainbow teams it's not sufficient to match orbs of that color, you have to attack with that color as well. Since you have no blue on your team you can't depend on blue orbs to get the multiplier. You can try using Umisachi&Yamasachi or Karin players as friend leaders to fill up that blue hole, or swap out something on your team for a blue monster.

Ah this makes sense. Thanks.

I'm not really far enough to have much experience with binding, but I have run into it a bit in special dungeons at times.

linsivvi

0-stoned challenge 10 with Ronia/Beezlebub/Echidna. Just got to time using Echidna strategically to recharge skills and recover health.

J0dy77

0-stoned challenge 10 with Ronia/Beezlebub/Echidna. Just got to time using Echidna strategically to recharge skills and recover health.

Interesting, might have to try this. What were your other subs?

I ended up spending my 100 stam on Hera-Rush with Ra last night that I was able to clear. That felt good.

Oddly, my success with Ra has gone way up ever since I started using Awoken Horus on the team. Having the really short 4 turn active and his hypermax stats are worth more than the utility of better active skills.

hermit7

Interesting, might have to try this. What were your other subs?

I ended up spending my 100 stam on Hera-Rush with Ra last night that I was able to clear. That felt good.

Oddly, my success with Ra has gone way up ever since I started using Awoken Horus on the team. Having the really short 4 turn active and his hypermax stats are worth more than the utility of better active skills.

I think that is the allure of awoken Isis on a Ra team. Covers those hard to fill colors and has 3 max cd.

J0dy77

I think that is the allure of awoken Isis on a Ra team. Covers those hard to fill colors and has 3 max cd.

The big advantage is being able to save the longer and more important skills when you have a good board. Not having to waste D. Kali or Kushinada on a turn where I need to activate the bonus has been really important.

The two cards I crave the most right now, L. Kali and Isis.

Quantum

So much silver :eek:. That player has nice rank :p.

yes - this is such a troll rem, doesn't mean I'm not considering actually iap'ing for bikini tron

- probably wont, but didn't realize she would be back too.
- nothing in this rem seems to be game changing.
- like you said - SO much silver.

Ducarmel

I took 2 more pulls yesterday for a silver and a Maeda I wish I had quit after getting Haku yesterday.

This guy is about to spend 2060 magic stones on the summer REM in about 5 minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/c_hayaokinna

At least he got a dark valk, I am looking forward to all those whales giving up trying to get her.

My pulls on summer Rem.
YJoeDEg.png

So my first D.Meta is the chibi version. Not sure what to do with the rest.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man im stupid - just wasted 90 stamina Challenge stage 9 because i got a low battery warning message on my phone while moving orbs. Should have known better :-/

At least i got Vishnu finally max-skilled, so i cant be too mad.

Top Bottom