• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

MightyKAC

Had 7 pulls saved up and ready and got SuperGirl on the first go which was EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Kinda tempted to quit while I'm ahead.....

J0dy77

Pulled twice and got Green Arrow and Aquaman. Aqua seems like a decent fit for a Kirin team, not sure how that team would look though.

Would really like to get a Wonder Woman for GZL team. Can't keep pulling from this crap just for the novelty. Any word on the Godfest yet, I'll try and hold off until then.

Pulled four times on the DC machine.

Aquaman
Wonder Woman (YES!!!)
Batgirl & Batwoman
Flash

I have more stones saved up but I may just hold off on them. Maybe I'll pull once more before the event ends, but overall I'm happy because I got Wondy.

linsivvi

I am not pulling. The characters aren't worth the stones in my opinion.

I am more interested in the collab dungeon, in particular these two:

Lex Luthor - Complete bind protection, 5 turns orb changer, low cost and decent stats

Darkseid - Bane with better stats, another unconditional 3x devil leader

Lex Luthor - Complete bind protection, 5 turns orb changer, low cost and decent stats

isnt it kind of sad that the dungeon monsters are better?

J0dy77

I was thinking the same thing about the collab. Max Skilling some of the drops seems like cheap sub alternatives. Luthor active skill of turning right column to dark is nice as well.

I also like the looks of Doomsday, High HP, no recovery and 10% gravity as an attacker. ZGL team would love him.

This game has rabbits paw luck I swear to god
u2iSDRV.jpg

I wasn't interested in the DC collab except for trophy monsters(which I'm not willing to pull for), so I decided to YOLO the Wizard trap. gold egg on first pull, but got a dupe Ninja. As customary, I would continue to pull until I failed to get a gold egg. Ended up with another 3 dupe golds before ending my misery with a Fairlio. 0 Wizards. Gungtrolled! Time to rebuild my stone stash...

Jonsoncao

Banned

What is more interesting with Darkseid is that his unevolved form has only 10 cost, and an unconditional 9x team is good for Draggie, Tengu, and even Gaia.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i pulled twice, got Batgirl/Batwoman on the first and Wonder Woman on the 2nd try.

Hmm...lets see if they can be used for one of my teams.

What is more interesting with Darkseid is that his unevolved form has only 10 cost, and an unconditional 9x team is good for Draggie, Tengu, and even Gaia.
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't notice. Makes him a top tier limited cost dungeon leader. Damn Gungho making me reconsider farming that dungeon for skill-ups...

linsivvi

Oh yes, I do not plan to evolve him either. I mostly just use Bane to farm super metal anyway so I'm glad that there's now another alternative.

Don't forget poison ivy either. 10 cost, 400+ rcv and a devil to boot!

What are the teams people are using for Legend? I can't beat Darkseid with my Odin/Ama team because I'm using Ninja for Morningstar, whcih brings my HP down too far. I can't use satan because then i can't recover enough HP when poison ivy and harley attack at the same time, bleh. I don't think my Bastet team is strong enough to kill fast enough...

razterik

Sadly most of the good dark low cost subs are not devil type. Team is going to default to Hanahime, Wicked Lady, King Baddie and a filler slot, such as any evo ogre/ninja/demon. Not a lot to work with there, especially the low ATK stats.

probably some combination of King Baddie, Wicked Lady, Hamahime, and Poison Ivy (for RCV)

Sadly most of the good dark low cost subs are not devil type. Team is going to default to Hanahime, Wicked Lady, King Baddie and a filler slot, such as any evo ogre/ninja/demon. Not a lot to work with there, especially the low ATK stats.

Ah. That's a shame. I only have Robin as a low cost leader but i'm terrible with him. Wish i never evolved my DD batman. Why don't they let all character devolve?

Goldrush

What are the teams people are using for Legend? I can't beat Darkseid with my Odin/Ama team because I'm using Ninja for Morningstar, whcih brings my HP down too far. I can't use satan because then i can't recover enough HP when poison ivy and harley attack at the same time, bleh. I don't think my Bastet team is strong enough to kill fast enough...

A bit luck based, but I used 2 Kush lead and a King Shynee sub Healer team. Stalled a bit on Banshee and Luthor. On Darkseid, I used Kush's skill every time Darkseid attack. Basically, I have 4-6 turns (due to blind) to pull off a massive combo (with King Shynee's help). So...maybe a Bastet-Kush team. You'll be down to 3-4 turns to pull off the massive combo, though.

I beat it with Odin, amaterasu leads and Hera-is,Hera,unevolvedzerog,and Satan as my leads.you can only attack rd1 when they are synced. you have to get rid of the poison three at the time and then four at the time otherwise u can't heal enough to survive.

quote:
[Duration]: 11/13 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 11/19 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PST)
It’s the terrific two’s! Twice the event equals twice the number of goodies!
■① Daily Login Bonuses
11/13 - 11/19 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.
■② Of Such Grand Proportions
A big event requires some big dungeons! The Extreme Rush events are back, and Breakers continues from Part 1 of the event.
11/12 - 11/14 - Breakers
11/18 - 11/19 - Extreme God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
■③ Her Radiant Queen
A special gift dungeon has made a wonderful return appearance! Radiant Queen is available for the duration of the event. Be sure to greet her, and show your manners!
11/6 - 11/19 - Radiant Queen (Can only run once!)
■④ Special Event Content
11/15 - 11/16 - ????????????
■⑤ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 11/6 to 11/20! This event also features a unique 1.5x chance for Spirit Jewels to descend!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
11/13 - Takeminakata Descended!
11/14 - Thoth & Sopdet Descended!
11/15 - The Goddess Descended!
11/16 - Satan Descended!
11/17 - Zeus Vulcan Descended!
11/17 - Gaia Descended!
11/18 - Hera-Ur Descended!
11/19 - Mephisto Descended!
■⑥ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
11/13 - 11/19 - Rare Evo Materials
Dungeon Bonus:
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon
Looks like enhance mat bonuses are dead.

enhanced mat bonuses?
jewel/metal kings from PAL

I think most people save their pts for evo mats anyway since the orbs/twinlits/sacred masks are tough to acquire for the average player

wonder why they split the event into two parts if the daily freebie is the same and the PAL bonuses are the same as well…any chance godfest happens between part 1 and part 2?

colinp

Banned
jewel/metal kings from PAL

I think most people save their pts for evo mats anyway since the orbs/twinlits/sacred masks are tough to acquire for the average player

wonder why they split the event into two parts if the daily freebie is the same and the PAL bonuses are the same as well…any chance godfest happens between part 1 and part 2?

I'm certain they'll be a Godfest. Just be patient! They'll announce it shortly.

I guess we don't get free tamas and jewel/metal kings in PAL because we have the coin dungeons now. Would really like more free tamas, alas.

Quantum

This game is so insane some times.

what is the rate of invade for Keeper of gold?

I've run it (unsuccessfully) multiple times with a few different teams and have gotten to the KoG like 7-8 times. I've never had a KoR invade so I figured it was somewhat low.

I've been working on a high level zombie team and decided to try it out this morning - I've had FIVE (5) invades in a row, all either on the 4th or 5th floor.

this game makes me laugh and get angry, but it certainly doesn't get me to buy stones anymore.

edit: decided to try my non-zombie (but not strong enough blonia team) - no invade, died on KoG.

J0dy77

Pulled 4 times total from the DC REM (I couldn't stay away). Got every silver egg except Wonder Woman (the only one I really want). I got Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman and batgirl. Should have saved the stones.

Starting to reconsider my options for teams. It seems like I've gotten some really strong leads after getting lucky in the last couple god fests. What's the consensus on tier ranking lately? I haven't seen an updated list in a long time. I'm getting the sad feeling that Horus is getting passed by and falling way down the tier list. I'm starting to wonder if I should change to DQXQ instead of him. I'm going to be working on Kirin with tonight's super gold event, GZL and Ult Athena are also on my list.

Ult athena team crushed the DC content and I hardly have any plus eggs into the team and thor is only level 57.

Edit: took a look at the tier list in OT, looks pretty good. I need to put some real effort into DQXQ. Really wish I had an Apollo. That seems to be the one key piece I'm missing. Have Raphael but he isn't a great fit.

I'm certain they'll be a Godfest. Just be patient! They'll announce it shortly
oh, there'll be one for sure

just wondering if there's a possibility magician/ninja carnival will overlap with godfest

doubtful lol

Starting to reconsider my options for teams. It seems like I've gotten some really strong leads after getting lucky in the last couple god fests. What's the consensus on tier ranking lately? I haven't seen an updated list in a long time. I'm getting the sad feeling that Horus is getting passed by and falling way down the tier list. I'm starting to wonder if I should change to DQXQ instead of him. I'm going to be working on Kirin with tonight's super gold event, GZL and Ult Athena are also on my list.

Ult athena team crushed the DC content and I hardly have any plus eggs into the team and thor is only level 57.

Edit: took a look at the tier list in OT, looks pretty good. I need to put some real effort into DQXQ. Really wish I had an Apollo. That seems to be the one key piece I'm missing. Have Raphael but he isn't a great fit.
Focus on Kirin, GZL, and Athena. DQXQ is the weakest lead of that group and plays very similarly to Horus. Might as well invest in a team with a different playstyle to keep things interesting.

Jonsoncao

Banned

Looking at the stats, any regular Ronia team will do. Your healing will be much higher than poison dmg.

Ronia+friend Ronia, another orb changer like Wicked lady or a pair (DJ+Duke), baddie for the final burst, and a flexible sub for power or HP.

I used 4 Ronias+1 Lu Bu+Friend Ronia as a farming team, and Ronia+King baddie+Duke+Hamahime+Wicked lady+Friend Ronia for S-rank. Stalling at floor 2 for skill is not very difficult for Ronia if you save heart orbs correctly.

Pulled 4 times total from the DC REM (I couldn't stay away). Got every silver egg except Wonder Woman (the only one I really want). I got Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman and batgirl. Should have saved the stones.

DQXQ has a lot of potential that I'm looking forward to trying out in the future. I've been thinking about a light row enhance team that could be crazy good. And the new healer or god knights would really help with descend viability.

I'm wondering if her leader skill will get a boost when she gets an ultimate evo. I feel like they can't go the same route as Horus/Isis/Ra since her active rules out more than 4 colors. My guess/hope is a small, passive HP boost for healers. That would help deal with her biggest weakness without making her too powerful.

J0dy77

Focus on Kirin, GZL, and Athena. DQXQ is the weakest lead of that group and plays very similarly to Horus. Might as well invest in a team with a different playstyle to keep things interesting.

DQXQ has a lot of potential that I'm looking forward to trying out in the future. I've been thinking about a light row enhance team that could be crazy good. And the new healer or god knights would really help with descend viability.

I'm wondering if her leader skill will get a boost when she gets an ultimate evo. I feel like they can't go the same route as Horus/Isis/Ra since her active rules out more than 4 colors. My guess/hope is a small, passive HP boost for healers. That would help deal with her biggest weakness without making her too powerful.

I'm not sure she's the weakest. 16x is usually more than enough to power through lower levels, she'll have a ton of healing capability and HUGE burst potential. When you have a team of all Light damage primary and a board of mostly light she's going to hit like a truck, especially with row enhance. Just have to figure out how to get her HP high enough to avoid a few hits.

I'm not sure she's the weakest. 16x is usually more than enough to power through lower levels, she'll have a ton of healing capability and HUGE burst potential. When you have a team of all Light damage primary and a board of mostly light she's going to hit like a truck, especially with row enhance. Just have to figure out how to get her HP high enough to avoid a few hits.
Weakest overall, not specifically on the offensive end. The other 3 don't have a weakness as glaring as DQXQ's HP. The selection of good light row subs isn't very diverse either. Athena and GZL also need some specific subs to make them really shine but having 2 TPAs on each lead means you don't need to multiple TPA subs to get a lot of damage.

Though I guess Kirin has a nice headstart over the others in the viable sub department :D.

J0dy77

Weakest overall, not specifically on the offensive end. The other 3 don't have a weakness as glaring as DQXQ's HP. The selection of good light row subs isn't very diverse either. Athena and GZL also need some specific subs to make them really shine but having 2 TPAs on each lead means you don't need to multiple TPA subs to get a lot of damage.

Though I guess Kirin has a nice headstart over the others in the viable sub department :D.

I guess they all have strengths and weaknesses depending on the content. I've been trying to get a handle on GZL but I hate HP threshold teams. Catching that heart skyfall can wipe a run in an instant and happens to me all the time. I'm going heavy stone into the Super Gold tonight so I'll get Kirin up to a respectable level and hopefully max Thor and see where that takes me.

I'm thinking about something like this for DQXQ:

7VSiuRel.jpg

colinp

Banned

What does the Athena team look like?

I guess they all have strengths and weaknesses depending on the content. I've been trying to get a handle on GZL but I hate HP threshold teams. Catching that heart skyfall can wipe a run in an instant and happens to me all the time. I'm going heavy stone into the Super Gold tonight so I'll get Kirin up to a respectable level and hopefully max Thor and see where that takes me.

I'm thinking about something like this for DQXQ:

7VSiuRel.jpg
Looks solid. You're right about the need for Apollo though. It always sucks when you're one REM piece away from a very strong team. I think I'll have to settle with Lu Bu on my future Dmeta team unless Durga falls into my lap.

What does the Athena team look like?
Verche and Meimei combo is really good. Then fill out the rest of the team with some combination of Valk, DQXQ, Izanagi, Venus, Lmeta, etc.

Top Bottom