• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

J0dy77

Took 3 runs but I got the red dragon fruit I needed for Ultimate Uriel. I think my urd/shiva dragon squad is complete (Urd/Shivadra - Red Valk, Leilan, Ares Uriel). 120% row attack, tons of TPA, enhanced hearts, 2k auto recovery. Love this team for everything but high level challenge content.

I forgot to pickup a Keeper of Gold on Tuesday for Raphael, he'll have to wait until Tuesday.

uUugcc1.png
eO2YS1s.png

I've been waiting for this.

hermit7

Same here, dont have BFF free now. But after reset if we get BF it Iam ok to do it.

Reading more posts :), yup Iam in for the triangle, if we get BF reset.
Hermit: What is your ign, not sure if we are friends already (if not what is your ID)?

Edit: EU Pad got atleast Famiel uevo, now I need (again) more team cost.

I added you.

Just thinking about Arena 2.0 and ways players are adjusting teams to account for DQH's stronger preemptive and the Kalis' stronger >65% attack. For Radra in particular, seems like the Kanna substitute some players use with a single DKali may be better than the usual dual DKali build. Instead of saving Indra for Kali, pop it on DQH, then use Kanna to burst Kali below 65%. I haven't really analyzed what else changed in 2.0 though, and maybe there are yet still other things to account for.

J0dy77

I've been waiting for this.

Hmmmm very interesting team build, haven't thought about the best light based row teams to make. I have all of the key players, just need to find the right combination. Awoken Thor continues to underwhelm me, maybe I'll try something like this.

Kyuur

Noticed that Polaris and Kiriko were both good collab REM pulls for me, so gave it a shot. Got God Ark, who I think I will actually use to replace Deglado on my Verdandi team once skilled up and especially once he gets his active buff. Will bring the team to 100% SBR too and add not-too-shabby 20% dark resist.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Spend like 4 stones on Tama Retreat - i should be fine for a while now though.

I was working on this TPA Sumire squad with 100% SBR, bunch of OE, low CD and haste.

Im actually happy with it and all...but with Gabriel the Row variant actually seems stronger. Damage is no joke, def. understand why Rows used dominate the game now. Still need to level Gabriel and co. though.

Gave Thor/Saria a try - not feeling it yet but all subs are low level and i didnt look up the optimal playstyle yet.

DMeta team with 100% SBR

Ilsix is such a bullshit dungeon.

No lies detected.

razterik

Seven tries later, landed a top 3% clear in the ranking dungeon with ShivDra. Hope that will keep me in top 10% this time. Too much score variance because a mistake on a floor or two ruins the run.

New Challenge dungeon coming tomorrow, which is great because I have nothing else to drop stamina into. I dunno, maybe max skill an Ilsix or something. Non-10x events are down time.

hermit7

Beat ilsix with thor/Saria.

Thor/valk/hermes/ra/raph(not uuevo, no fatties)/Saria

Use skills as needed floor 1.
ping the dubs, making sure you clear the myth lit before he hits you. If needed pop someone and burst it down.
I popped hermes on floor 3 just because I was tired of his random 32k attack.
Ra floor 4 he is unbindable so he will always be up.
Stall and charge skills on floor 5, when you get to about 25 percent burst, I popped hermes made a row and had 2 more light matches.
Floor 6 pop raph with his 2 turns of damage absorb, popped valk, popped Thor and hit him beneath 30 percent, popped Saria and he was done.

This is the worst dungeon, I think I have the mechanics down finally so if I wanted to but it is aggravating.

Does anything work to pair with shivagon that isn't a shivagon?

Looking for ways to do better in the rank dungeon.

Oh yeah and I fucking hate wadatsumi...

Tried Izanami with Yomidra and landed at 17%. That probably won't last the week, but I'm gonna wait until closer to the end before I try again.

Nephthys status: 0 out of 14 rolls. Picked up Venus, Sylvie, and Maeda Keiichi though. Rest was pretty much all LIGHT GALA

jay23

Lol at me thinking 15 devilits was going to be enough for 4 dkali skill ups.

Only got 1

Sort of wanna roll during midnight gala for fa luci, yomi, and Okuninushi.

cw_sasuke

Tsubaki 3/13
Gadius 1/5

Well....good that i dont care too much about my fire units xD

Rixa

Well I guess this is as close to perfect Verdandi team I can get when using different units.
I can replace someone with A.Orochi or with another Verdandi. Then I have one Liu Bei unevolved, not sure if I have room for it tho.
Iam close to 200 days login, prolly rolling some rolls cause its Midnight Gala, havent checked what units are in GF this time, maybe I should.

cw_sasuke

Thats 1:1 my Verdandi team...and yeah i would say is more or less perfect for what it is supposed to do.

Rixa

Thats 1:1 my Verdandi team...and yeah i would say is more or less perfect for what it is supposed to do.

I bet you have more skill levels ;) I have 17 Green Trifruits ready for skill up change. Meimei & Vishnu are unskilled...
I have (I think 3 or 4) Woodpys but Iam not sure to whom use those. My GZL skill level 2, I have fed 1 chibi gzl to it and was lucky. Liu Bei is max skilled.

Do you have suggestion about those Woodpys, who to use?

cw_sasuke

I bet you have more skill levels ;) I have 17 Green Trifruits ready for skill up change. Meimei & Vishnu are unskilled...
I have (I think 3 or 4) Woodpys but Iam not sure to whom use those. My GZL skill level 2, I have fed 1 chibi gzl to it and was lucky. Liu Bei is max skilled.

Do you have suggestion about those Woodpys, who to use?

Heh yeah my whole team is Hyper, i was Wood Only for a long period xD

I wouldnt use Piis on GZL or Vishnu since their skillups are farmable. Unless you feel the need to use them yet i would probably save the Piis - you might get another Green Awoken units who needs them soon. I have Meimei on my squad but i rarely have to use her active...and even if you wont need it twice so once your Verdandi, Friend Verdandi and with Bei maxed...i dont think it would improve much.

After you are done with your Dark teams you def. should consider +atk eggs on Vishnu or/and Bei. Especially if you ever pull Bastet or a better/newer green leader.

Rixa

Heh yeah my whole team is Hyper, i was Wood Only for a long period xD

I wouldnt use Piis on GZL or Vishnu since their skillups are farmable.

After you are done with your Dark teams you def. should consider +atk eggs on Vishnu or/and Bei. Especially if you ever pull Bastet or a better/newer green leader.

Yea I save the Piis (Pys?) I think atleast 2 (or more) are in unopened mail. Vishnu damage potential is insane (same is LBei) and they will get the plus eggs in the long run.

I went blindly to Ranking Dungeon, went too smoothly, forgot to use 1.5x dark Okuni skill at boss (Nepnep was not ready). Maybe I run it later again, fun dungeon for YD teams. I used 2 turns at first floor, other floors went with 1 turn.
Got Rainbow Keeper too as bonus, I have only few of those so another good reason to run this again (well drop is not guaranteed but still).

razterik

One stone clear on my third attempt and third final floor death for Challenge 10. FU VISHNUUU

Will run 9 tomorrow, but I'm sure I will have the same issues with Ilsix. I can't even remember the last new boss design that wasn't this awful troll garbage.

5 rolls on JP fest:
Green fairy tale girl who's name I never remember
Alrescha, who's pretty good for blue teams that I'll never use without I&I
Chiyome
Dupe Wukong
3rd dupe Osiris

Eh.

cw_sasuke

Sweet - cleared Challenge Level 9 on my first attempt.
Really needed that Badpy for YomiDra - only one skillup to go.

Def. helped that i beat Ilsix with a similar team on his Technical stage. Bestcat.

Stage 10 looks nuts though with Vishnu, but if i get Elia this Event i will try to get the Shypy as well the next days.
This Challenge is surely tougher than the last couple we got with 7x6 boards.

Thank you all for the RValk suggestion.

Worked exactly like I thought it would 22.5x whenever I make a row, and boosted my izanami ranking from bottom 25% to top 20%.

Could have gone faster, but for now that's acceptable.

On to challenges dungeons!

LKali: 3/17
Pandora: 2/4
Rei Sirius: 2/5
Misc: 2/6

About average overall. 50% rate on Panda made up for the bad luck on Kali. One more skill up to go for Kali, then I have a second one to deal with.

jay23

It's so frustrating that this terrible system for skill ups still hasn't changed.

Is at least 1 skill up for every 5 feeds too much to ask for?

Rixa

Since my Fire team is not yet ready and Wood & Dark teams cant be used "Sword Combat - Mythical" it was time to wipe the dust from Water team. Smooth run, thanks to having only 4 different orb colours.

Combo of 12...

4 and a half more hours till Hel, my Freyja is ready and so is my Loki once we get Heimdallr.

Off topic: shout outs to Buster Machine for member status, finally.

hermit7

4 and a half more hours till Hel, my Freyja is ready and so is my Loki once we get Heimdallr.

Yeah I am ready for it too. Don't quite know what use it will have but I am sure I will find something.

Maybe for Astaroth or something her rows are pretty useful though.

razterik

It's not? The only things that ever got me were I&I's 100% gravity while running A.Shiva and not healing enough for the final floor preemptive. Usually power through the whole dungeon and oneshot the boss.

hermit7

Hel was pretty easy on Mythical.

Bastet, meimei, meimei, verd, vishnu, bastet

Pretty much just burst through with floor one was tricky, killed the left card and had my skills delayed. Was able to heal up though and then my skills were back up and I used Bastet and vishnu. Used board changers on floors 5 and 7. Had a decent board for 6 (2 tpa) so I only used Bastet on that floor to proc the bonus.

Man, I was wasting almost 50 box spaces on crap that I might use "just in case" I ever did low cost dungeons. I really should have cleared out that garbage ages ago, but at least I can get rid of that stuff guilt free now.

Thanks, didn't even notice lol. It took forever since I mostly just lurk outside of this thread.

Top Bottom