• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Jagernaut

Jesus christ. I'm nowhere near arena, but man that looks insane. I'm sure the power creep is about to get turned up so people can actually clear this thing.

I ran a bunch of tama retreat yesterday and stoned super kings a few time and now my Saria team is basically good to go. I cleared Takeminakata so easily with it. I know that's an easy dungeon, but I've literally never had a team that had a chance since I run Typhon. I just need to hope that Saria can clear Kaguya-Hime tonight and then I'll be able to get Awoken Ama tonight! Really looking forward to getting her, since I can also put together a decent healer team and that might come in handy.

Awoken Amaterasu is great for cheesing annoying dungeons. I just used her for Zhou Yu mythical.

g4jBOKA.jpg

4N4tpiD.jpg

AHAHAHAHA, fuck this game.

We can't even rely on power creep to get past this shit because they're just going to buff everything in Arena again in six months.

Why did I ever buy YomiDra (RIP) again? I was doing fine clearing stuff with ShivDra and various Awokens, especially when the free A.ALuci is as capable if not more so.

GungHo NA damn well better give us an update timeframe for when they plan to roll this over. I have absolutely no interest in finishing a team that could be completely obsolete at the flick of a switch the next day.
YomiDra is still a good sub for A.Yomi (´・ω・`)

razterik

I will use her as a sub on lots of teams, but 300k for a sub that isn't Dark Kali level? Plenty of easier to obtain substitutes.

I'm not really upset about it, I had a hunch from the beginning that YomiDra was the most susceptible to a power creep obsoleting her as a lead. But it's very frustrating they had to screw over so many player's game plans because they didn't properly test out a single Godfest exclusive.

hermit7

Saw a yomidra team with eschamalix2 Masterion luci team beat arena 2.

Masterion is there for gravity and his 2 dark resist awakenings. Seems pretty solid I am sure you could sub out the eschamali for other cards cause needing 2 is ridiculous. Haku is still a great sub I think.

razterik

Good luck subbing them out when he didn't even clear instadeath damage for the Dark Kali spawn with them. And that team doesn't strike me as very consistent, which is the biggest issue by far now. A single clear doesn't mean much.

hermit7

Good luck subbing them out when he didn't even clear instadeath damage for the Dark Kali spawn with them. And that team doesn't strike me as very consistent, which is the biggest issue by far now. A single clear doesn't mean much.

Yeah probably not the most consistent team. I will be interested to see what settles down as the ideal team.

I think that gungho may have made an oversight here, should have just made a second ultimate arena rather than replacing it. Spoils a lot of progress made and goves players a sour note.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It's an older set but still felt good to clear all Yamato Challenges on my first attempt.
In the past i always would need 1-2 fails on the - No Awoken - because of forgot about a mechanic or miscalculated the damage.

Guess Water & Dark Armored dungeon is next.

Rixa

It's an older set but still felt good to clear all Yamato Challenges on my first attempt.
In the past i always would need 1-2 fails on the - No Awoken - because of forgot about a mechanic or miscalculated the damage.

Guess Water & Dark Armored dungeon is next.

What team you used for those 2 No-Awoken dungeons? Just wondering should I make some makeshift team or let them be :).

cw_sasuke

What team you used for those 2 No-Awoken dungeons? Just wondering should I make some makeshift team or let them be :).

In general you wanna bring a delay, but i think Orochi is part of your main Verdandi team anyway. I think a heartmaker in addition to Friend/Lead Verdandi + Delay is all you need for Wada. If you can bring along Kushi/Susano/Izanami its difficult to lose once the skills are ready.

If you stall out U&Y you can you Echidna again him and against the boss. Only important part would be stalling the 5-6 turns on stage 1.

For Kaguya is used more or less the same team - just went with Double Bastet because its a No RCV stage.

Rixa

In general you wanna bring a delay, but i think Orochi is part of your main Verdandi team anyway. I think a heartmaker in addition to Friend/Lead Verdandi + Delay is all you need for Wada. If you can bring along Kushi/Susano/Izanami its difficult to lose once the skills are ready.

If you stall out U&Y you can you Echidna again him and against the boss. Only important part would be stalling the 5-6 turns on stage 1.

For Kaguya is used more or less the same team - just went with Double Bastet because its a No RCV stage.

Yup A.O. is kinda regular part of team setup. My next project is to level & uevo Diza.
Ill try at some point: +297 Verd \ Verd \ A.O. \ Vishnu \ GZL \ f.Verd

cw_sasuke

Yup A.O. is kinda regular part of team setup. My next project is to level & uevo Diza.
Ill try at some point: +297 Verd \ Verd \ A.O. \ Vishnu \ GZL \ f.Verd

Alright - though i dont think its worth to bring along Vishnu or GZL. Without Awakenings and TPAs Vishnu is quite bad compared to regular orbchangers/heartmakers. A 2nd Delay or a def sub would probably better...at least for Wada.

Rixa

Alright - though i dont think its worth to bring along Vishnu or GZL. Without Awakenings and TPAs Vishnu is quite bad compared to regular orbchangers/heartmakers. A 2nd Delay or a def sub would probably better...at least for Wada.

Hah yup youre so right. Max skilled Liu Bei is better choice that those too, maybe max skilled Cao Cao too?.
Verd \ Verd \ AO \ LiuB \ Cow\ f.Verd

Bladelaw

So one of the two pieces I need for awoken Bastet is up. I can't beat the mythical but I can beat legendary. So I'm going to keep ramming my head into it until Medjedra drops.

EDIT: only took 100 stamina
The problem with Mythical was Isis binding fire. My A. Shiva team goes on heal mode until the bind wears off. In Legend I can out heal her damage, on Mythical it's death by 5 cuts. If I tried to bring a bind clear sub my damage would take a pretty huge hit and I might not be able to take out Osiris/Medjedra before getting wrecked.

So the follow up question: Is Medjedra worth keeping around and farming another?

ZombAid82

So one of the two pieces I need for awoken Bastet is up. I can't beat the mythical but I can beat legendary. So I'm going to keep ramming my head into it until Medjedra drops.

EDIT: only took 100 stamina
The problem with Mythical was Isis binding fire. My A. Shiva team goes on heal mode until the bind wears off. In Legend I can out heal her damage, on Mythical it's death by 5 cuts. If I tried to bring a bind clear sub my damage would take a pretty huge hit and I might not be able to take out Osiris/Medjedra before getting wrecked.

So the follow up question: Is Medjedra worth keeping around and farming another?

I think it's pretty much useless, but it depends on your team...

Kyuur

As far as descend bosses go I think Medjedra is pretty alright. Skill bind resist, TPA and a decent active when max skilled. Basically a farmable A.Susano replacement (or wait, do 1 turn shields work for pre-empts?).

Bladelaw

I have Kushi so I don't think I need the shield, Perseus/kushi cover utility and Cu Chu, Vishnu, aBastet, and Verdandi have damage in spades.

I think I'm ok just using it for fodder then. Especially now that I know I can reliably clear Legend.

cw_sasuke

I also have everything for Awoken Isis...well except Isis xD

PS: The Downtime between events is the worst. Hope we get 2.5x/3x skill up next.

Yeah. I skipped feeding skillups during 2x, waiting for 2.5x or 3x.

Took 2 tries clearing the no-awoken challenge with Ra. First try, I just got completely caught off-guard by the lack of time extends. Was mindful to work a lot quicker on the next attempt.

Bladelaw

So given the event downtime I'm looking for advice on order of awakenings

My eventual Awoken Bastet team will be:
Awoken Bastet
Perseus
Verdandi
Vishnu
Wolf Hero Ignus Cu Chulainn/Kushi
Awoken Bastet

I have a limited number of Tamadras and only get them sporadically (gifts or Tama invasions) what awoken skills should I focus on first?

I maxed out Vishnu because 3 TPAs are too good to resist. I put 1 into Perseus (green row) and 3 into Verdandi (TPA). I figure damage is never a bad idea but I'm wondering if there's better places I could be going with this.

Izanami Ranking Dungeon starts Thursday

[Duration]: 1/14 (Thurs), After the maintenance - 1/17 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)
10% - Grand PreDRA, Bubpy, Woodpy, Shynpy
20% - Grand PreDRA, Bubpy, Woodpy
30% - Grand PreDRA, Bubpy
40% - PreDRA, Latent TAMADRA (Water Dmg. Red.)
50% - PreDRA, Latent TAMADRA (Imp. HP)
75% - PreDRA
100% - TAMADRA

cw_sasuke

Damn...noch Blackpy Reward - YomiDra is disappointed.

So given the event downtime I'm looking for advice on order of awakenings

My eventual Awoken Bastet team will be:
Awoken Bastet
Perseus
Verdandi
Vishnu
Wolf Hero Ignus Cu Chulainn/Kushi
Awoken Bastet

I have a limited number of Tamadras and only get them sporadically (gifts or Tama invasions) what awoken skills should I focus on first?

I maxed out Vishnu because 3 TPAs are too good to resist. I put 1 into Perseus (green row) and 3 into Verdandi (TPA). I figure damage is never a bad idea but I'm wondering if there's better places I could be going with this.

Get the first Skill Bind Resist Awakening on Verdandi and/or Perseus so you have 100% on the team - then finish off Verdandi and Perseus after her.

Are we friends ? Bastet is amazing.

Bladelaw

Damn...noch Blackpy Reward - YomiDra is disappointed.

Get the first Skill Bind Resist Awakening on Verdandi and/or Perseus so you have 100% on the team - then finish off Verdandi and Perseus after her.

Are we friends ? Bastet is amazing.

I'm still waiting on a Sphinx to get Awoken Bastet and 90% of the time I'm running Awoken Shiva until I can get Sphinx. I pop up as Bladelaw in game though running A. Shiva.

Interestingly enough Sphinx is the last part I need to "finish" the team. Everyone else is evo'd to the max.

J0dy77

75% - PreDRA
100% - TAMADRA

Any insight on the teams for this dungeon?

75% - PreDRA
100% - TAMADRA
Nice, this one should be cake with D/R Batman. Though I have more than 10 of all three piis at the moment. So I won't be too annoyed if I miss 10%.

hermit7

Edit I thought it was going to be yomi goddess ignore this then.

Maybe parv is a better choice. Parv, verd, perseus, Michael, verd, Parv.

All max or close too max skilled, so they will be up soon and decent supply of hearts.

J0dy77

Leaving my Awoken Venus up if anyone needs her for the easy Wadatsumi clear. Perfect timing for this set of challenge dungeons, I'm running out of all Jewels except for light.

linsivvi

Looks pretty straight forward. The only thing that will slow it down is the 2nd floor blind so I'll just use a 100% blind resist team for maximum speed.

Words cannot express how much I hate these no awakenings dungeons. Not worth it.

It's awful. My Saria team can't come close to beating it yet. Need skill ups. Just a giant pain in the ass.

I didn't play much at all today. Just didn't feel like doing anything. Really want an event soon. 3x skill ups please.

raiot

Ok, it looks like we could get a BFF reset tomorrow.
Anyone interested in doing a BFF triangle?

I have the following leads on teams 1-2-3: Hypermax Shivadragon, Hypermax Yomidragon, +297 DMeta (or a wide arry of other leads).

Whitelines

Neo Member

I have the following leads on teams 1-2-3: Hypermax Shivadragon, Hypermax Yomidragon, +297 DMeta (or a wide arry of other leads).

I'm in if you want, i Have atm an +297Dmeta, AShiva and ARa on my 3 slots

Edit. Btw can anyone put a +297 DMeta up?

smbu2000

Been pretty busy over the past week and didn't have that much of a chance to do too much farming and/or 10x descends. I just managed to 297 my Eschamali and thanks to the badpys I've received so far only need two more skill levels for her. Thankfully will receive 3 more as presents from the Christmas Live event. Will post a pic when I hyper her.

Only need about 25 more plus eggs for my iPads Lumiel as well. She is really strong with those 3 tpas and does more damage than my Okuni.

So my plan for running Arena has been knocked out by this change. I guess I'll have to see about trying it as a guerilla dungeon instead. Am I disappointed that they changed it? Yes. Do I regret my YD purchase? No. Since I have one on my iPad as well, it has made those multi dungeons much easier for me to run using my iPhone and iPad. I was even doing some of the Alt dungeons with my GF. She doesn't have YD, but she used her Castor as a lead.

Pulled 5 times in the Shinran bancho REM and picked up 2 golds. Balancile who seems okay and that new Ronia Another, who is basically Ronia plus an SBR and multi boost awakenings along with a 13 turn fire/dark board change with 1 turn of haste. That multi boost awakening seems very useful (all stats 1.5x in multi) and she could be a nice addition to my Raoh team.

That 3min stamina recharge is really fast. I have to get used to having my stamina filled up so quickly. It's tough getting used to it. Just like when it went from 10min to 5min before.

Question: I have same team except instead of Eschamali I have Nepnep.
What do you think, how much worse Nep uevo will be instead Eschamali (which I prolly wont ever get when it hits NA)?
Sorry for the late reply. Nep uevo is nice in her own way and is useful when you don't have any enhanced orbs and want a 1.5x boost (and don't have Okuni.) Eschamali is more of an orb changer (wood/hearts/poison/jammers to dark) and brings out more dark orbs over those next 4 turns. When I use Nep, I generally keep her in reserve until I need her and with Eschamali I try to use her when I'm coming near the boss so I have plenty of dark orbs and they keep on coming.

I have Nep on both of my accounts (iPad one is max skilled), but on my iPad I generally stick with Okuni for the boost/delay and I use my DMeta for any orb enhance I need. Having her up every 5 turns is very nice (even less when haste helps out) and she is already hyper and hits hard on her own.

Hmm, maybe I just underestimated how much the orb enhance mattered or something. I usually run YomiDra/Haku/Okuni/Pandora/Anubis and I don't think I've seen anyone break 3mil once even with Okuni's active. I have Eschamali, but she's near useless unskilled and I don't really want to waste badpys since she'll get in the skill rotation eventually.
You can get quite a bit of damage out of them, especially if you have subs with TPAs and you try to include as many TPAs as you can after the initial 5 combo to activate YD's leader. On my iPad I was able to get my not quite finished Lumiel up over 8 million damage while Okuni was just under that on one turn with a 5/4/4/4 and then I think 2 or 3 more dark skyfalls along with Okuni's 1.5x boost. (I took my screenshot too early...) I can upload the screenshot anyway (numbers all jumbled up), but YD is very easy to see, his damage was over 5 million in the screenshot and it ended up being higher than what it was in the screenshot, because I snapped it before the final damage output was shown.

I managed to get Okuni on my iPhone up to about 6 million damage without using his dark boost as well, with some nice skyfalls.

Having those extra orb enhance awakenings on the team helps to boost up the damage and having the orbs enhanced on the board as well.

cw_sasuke

Not much to do today so i think i will finally try to clear Wadatsumi Descended! outside of an Challenge for a stone.

Looks like we might get a couple new Evolutions and the GFE/Valk Updates after the maintenance tomorrow. Good that Tama Retreat will be there as well because i need a couple of them for Verdandi/Sumire/Nut etc.)

My Sumire Squad will finally be complete !!!

For new BFF triangles, my top 2 slots are now A.Ra and A.Bastet. Not much pluses tho. I can put up a decent amount of different leads. Did +297 my L.Kali during 10x Descends

J0dy77

Do people pick doing triangles over friends with extremely high end leaders? I'd much rather use the BFF on my friends that I know run a lot of the same leads and have pentamaxed characters.

Pal points are so limited in value to me, the extra 100 a day is not going to make any difference. I'm dumping one off rolls because i'm capped right now waiting for Enhance Pal to come back with coins in my mail as well.

Do people pick doing triangles over friends with extremely high end leaders? I'd much rather use the BFF on my friends that I know run a lot of the same leads and have pentamaxed characters.

Pal points are so limited in value to me, the extra 100 a day is not going to make any difference. I'm dumping one off rolls because i'm capped right now waiting for Enhance Pal to come back with coins in my mail as well.

I think triangles are a pretty good idea just because you get another BF that might have different leaders you would need. Pal points aren't really that big of a deal. I somehow have 2 random BFs, and I've had them since before I had any good leaders. A good use of the BF is if you want to run a rare lead, like Yuria, where it's harder to find. I thought I'd use mine on this guy that has an awesome Typhon with full latents, but my friends list has filled up a lot with other Typhon leads. I'll wait to BF someone if we do get a reset.

Whitelines

Neo Member
I try to BBF friends that run the same leaders as me, so i can always have those guys to play.

In JP i got screwed having so BFF such high level guys..they all run yomidra and radra and i am far from having them :p

LuffyZoro

I'm in if you want, i Have atm an +297Dmeta, AShiva and ARa on my 3 slots

Edit. Btw can anyone put a +297 DMeta up?

I can finish it off, I have a hyper A.Shiva and hyper YomiDra usually up, plus a DMeta and some other stuff like +297 LZL.

Top Bottom