• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

J0dy77

I once ran Satan about 15 times before I got an invade. I'd say I usually get an invade within 5 runs on Mythical, so that was just bad luck.

I had a stretch where I went almost 30 runs without an invade across multiple dungeons, drove me crazy. It has settled down since.

0% when you're hunting for a particular one, 100% when it would end your run

This is so true. Ran water and dark dungeons this week, get the invade immediately. I'm sitting on three of each and dont really care about them. Need two light for Neptune and Red Valk, can't get an invade to save my life.

Maid

Banned
I had a stretch where I went almost 30 runs without an invade across multiple dungeons, drove me crazy. It has settled down since but like

The supposed invade rate is 15% for Mythical and 10% for Legend. Honestly I rarely see an invade, though.

ccbfan

I'm 0 for whatever running trying to get a dark orb. (yesterday I ran Izanami 9 times)

Have at least 3 of every other orb but 0 dark orbs.

Ran Coin Hypno forest for the stone.

First floor got a Flampy to drop. Max skilled my Awoken Minerva (5 turn cooldown!)

Got the stone too. Not sure If I should use the rest of my stamina or save for king carnival

Jagernaut

Ran Coin Hypno forest for the stone.

First floor got a Flampy to drop. Max skilled my Awoken Minerva (5 turn cooldown!)

Got the stone too. Not sure If I should use the rest of my stamina or save for king carnival

I haven't run any of the alt coin dungeons. What team do you use for them? Looking at PadGuide everything hits hard in those dungeons, so stalling seems hard.

linsivvi

I haven't run any of the alt coin dungeons. What team do you use for them? Looking at PadGuide everything hits hard in those dungeons, so stalling seems hard.

Either an easy burst team like Horus or Kushinadahime where you can reliably burst every turn so you won't get killed, or a safe 2-prong team like Athena and Beezlebub which allows you to stall without much pressure..

J0dy77

Just use Awoken Athena, she face rolls most of it. Think i've failed a couple times due to bad luck on a couple runs. Otherwise it was easy.

Jagernaut

Just use Awoken Athena, she face rolls most of it. Think i've failed a couple times due to bad luck on a couple runs. Otherwise it was easy.

I'm lacking some key Athena subs. I don't have Meimei, Izanagi, or even GZL. I have these light gods:

God Valk
Verche
Apollo
LZL
Venus
Raphael
L/L Zeus
Sun Wukong

Since Hypno forest is mostly green, I used my Ronia team. The only other dungeon I have tried was a light dungeon, and I used a burst team (kirin in my case, but a Horus or Bastet could work). The point is to have a good way to heal, and enough HP to tank two regular attacks from Pengdra/small Devils. Chimeras have dual strike, so they aren't good to stall against, and everything else can kill you in one hit.

You could get away with one of the awoken greek gods for these dungeons too, I think.

Whole dungeon strategy was stall a little bit and burst the boss down. Since the flampy dropped, on that floor I would have stoned as much as needed to get it, those things are like gold...

Jagernaut

GATYA_HOKUTO_BODY.png

Fist of the North Star special REM. They should have the characters punch their way out of the dragon when you pull the lever.

J0dy77

I'm lacking some key Athena subs. I don't have Meimei, Izanagi, or even GZL. I have these light gods:

God Valk
Verche
Apollo
LZL
Venus
Raphael
L/L Zeus
Sun Wukong

Apollo is a great sub there and along with Verche and Valk should be enough.

The Beelzebub/Ronia/Lu Bu standard teams should be able to do the content the same as well.

There really isn't any efficient way to farm gold dragons except for the guerrila dungeon, right? I was hoping to evolve a few of these leftover baby TAMADRAs since I have the dubtopas sitting in my box. Now I'll have to hoard the fruits/flowers/plants that I'll get tomorrow...

tr4656

There really isn't any efficient way to farm gold dragons except for the guerrila dungeon, right? I was hoping to evolve a few of these leftover baby TAMADRAs since I have the dubtopas sitting in my box. Now I'll have to hoard the fruits/flowers/plants that I'll get tomorrow...

Pretty much. Just wait for it come back since it seems to be quite a bit recently.

jay23

Are there any viable TPA devil teams? Just doing this for fun.

Been thinking about this today

Beelzebub/Dill Sirius/Gryps Rider/awoken Hades/Zeus stratios/beelzebub

Most devil tpa monsters are from the Rem, but I would love to see a team like this in action.

I'm still waiting for this.

- Winter update to include custom PAD Challenge. Players can create their own wave of bosses for others to play.
ONMC6BL.jpg

Some of you guys with all your +297 monsters will make this damn near impossible.

Hige

Most devil tpa monsters are from the Rem, but I would love to see a team like this in action.
For farming I guess it can work, but the problem with devil TPA is the low ATK multiplier, lack of burst damage for bosses, and Beelzebub desperately needs RCV to actually get back to full HP. It's difficult to fill in those requirements with Beelzebub, because you usually have to make a trade-off as soon as you put one type of sub in. You can't depend on making 3-4 TPAs after a board change for damage like Athena or Fagan can because of the low ATK multiplier.

If you're doing descends, I think it's better to stick with a Ronia friend and row enhance subs for bosses and just use TPA for earlier floors.

I'm still waiting for this.

- Winter update to include custom PAD Challenge. Players can create their own wave of bosses for others to play.
ONMC6BL.jpg

Some of you guys with all your +297 monsters will make this damn near impossible.
I forgot this was happening. I know the roguelike stuff got delayed, thirst probably did too

colinp

Banned
Oh wait ur not the one looking for one lol

Which one u think is better?

Both definitely have their strengths, but I'm leaning towards Hell-Creating if you don't use Heaven-Shaking as a poor mans Ronia-less lead (which is previously what I've been doing).

I just uvo'd my Hell-Creating yesterday and his boost to atk helps a lot as a sub on my devil team. I've switched to using Lu Bu as my devil lead recently instead of Heaven-Shaking and that's worked out well.

I'm not sure I have a strong place for Heaven-Shaking at the moment. If I get another two devilits I would think about making another Hell-Creating.

The more I think about it the more I like Hell-Creating!

J0dy77

Take a peek at my post a couple pages back. The TPA Beelzebub lead team is one of the strongest in the game in my eyes. Simple recovery when paired with Ronia, tons of HP, 50% dark row enhance and 6 TPA. The same farm capability as Athena without the lack of RCV.

Thanks for the Lucifer's guys. Took 7 runs for the green mask to finally drop, evolved my dino rider. Trying to prepare my Yamato team.

scottnak

Dang... feels good to be able to finally take Legends difficulty down.
Been able to complete the Flower Dragons... and just got thru Wadatsumi-Awoken!!

Whew.

smbu2000

Don't forget that LMeta is unbindable. I think that makes up for the difference in RCV.
I know, I know. That is quite a differentiator, I just think that because she is a GF only character that she shouldn't be below a similar type character.

Even when I&I got the hp boost and 3x attack, I didn't feel that LMeta was lacking as she still had the higher attack ability at 3.5x. This is pretty much the same ability, just slightly better. Maybe I'm just being greedy and want my 297 LMeta to be even stronger, hehe.
i think they should power up L.meta's awaken skills and active skill instead, maybe get one light row or tpa.
That would be pretty good. An extra bind heal to the active skill or a slightly higher heal multiplier would be nice. A TPA would awakening would be really nice and make her more compatible with Valk and LKali who I also have on my healer team.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So end of the month....how likely is a Godfest this weekend ? Might be able to pull 3 times if its a good one.

At this point the only units i really want are Sasuke (lol) for GLZ, Meimei/Izanagi for Athena...hmm...and maybe Indra.

Zombine

Banned
So end of the month....how likely is a Godfest this weekend ? Might be able to pull 3 times if its a good one.

At this point the only units i really want are Sasuke (lol) for GLZ, Meimei/Izanagi for Athena...hmm...and maybe Indra.

99% chance. Stones almost always lead into a fest.

Edit: I have too many Meimei :/

J0dy77

We should see the Godfest announcement today. Guaranteed we are going to get one this weekend. Hoping for a good one.

That would be pretty good. An extra bind heal to the active skill or a slightly higher heal multiplier would be nice. A TPA would awakening would be really nice and make her more compatible with Valk and LKali who I also have on my healer team.
If GH were to match DMeta's 7 awakenings, I'd love if they changed her single autoheal to a skill-bind resist and added either a second skill-bind resist or bind heal.

But if you like Healers with TPAs, hopefully we get this collab http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1887

If GH were to match DMeta's 7 awakenings, I'd love if they changed her single autoheal to a skill-bind resist and added either a second skill-bind resist or bind heal.

But if you like Healers with TPAs, hopefully we get this collab http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1887
On first glance, that might be one of the best overall cards in the game. Amazing awakenings, great stats, a very useful active, and a good LS that has a decent pool of possible subs. Any chance of this ever coming to NA?

smbu2000

Skill bind resist would be great for LMeta. I'd appreciate that very much. 2 bind heal awakenings? That might be a bit much. Does anybody have 2 of those? She would be the ultimate bind healer character.

Wow, the uevo is pretty powerful. I didn't pull any in the Bikkuriman collab. I thought about it, but I haven't had the best of luck in collab REMs except for this last time when I managed to get Vegeta on the DB REM with my only pull. (On my iPad I pulled the gold egg pompompurin during the Hello Kitty collab. awhile ago with one pull, heh.)

I am going to pull a lot during the Hokuto no Ken collab. when it comes though. Looking forward to it. (another reason I didn't do the Bikkuriman collab.)

Well he isn't that important, but I could realize a 100% skill lock U&Y team with him.
If you're after skill bind resists, I'd imagine a Chester (Fire or Dark) would be a better choice. I wish I could get one, heh.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If you're after skill bind resists, I'd imagine a Chester (Fire or Dark) would be a better choice. I wish I could get one, heh.

Wow, thats nuts...didnt knew there were cards with 3x skill bind resists Awakenings.

Gran Sonia sounding like "fun" so far. She has built in Resolve, where anything that would one-shot her above 50% HP reduces her to 1HP instead, plus she has full heal if she's below 1% HP. Also she does a 100% Gravity move when you drop her below 50%

jay23

Take a peek at my post a couple pages back. The TPA Beelzebub lead team is one of the strongest in the game in my eyes. Simple recovery when paired with Ronia, tons of HP, 50% dark row enhance and 6 TPA. The same farm capability as Athena without the lack of RCV.

Thanks for the Lucifer's guys. Took 7 runs for the green mask to finally drop, evolved my dino rider. Trying to prepare my Yamato team.

Funny thing is I started making up TPA teams after using you Beelzebub during Wednesday dungeon (used him today as well during a super metal dungeon). I did not realize how powerful TPA is. I like the play style of only having to match 4 orbs.

Once lu bu gets TPA...

J0dy77 said:

Wow you already have hades, haku, and persephone

Do you have any videos of taking on descended dungeons?

Gran Sonia sounding like "fun" so far. She has built in Resolve, where anything that would one-shot her above 50% HP reduces her to 1HP instead, plus she has full heal if she's below 1% HP. Also she does a 100% Gravity move when you drop her below 50%

ok does the one shot resolve mean that a single attack that would kill her above 50% (like what resolve blocks) or is it "on a turn where you will deal damage that will kill her from above 50%, regardless of the number of attackers, she will recover at 1 HP."

because one is ok, and another is total bullshit...

also I'm just going to guess that she is status shielded so no poison damage for that last 1 hp, and does she recover the full heal on the same turn as the 100% gravity? Because if she does the 100% gravity move first you could sub in a counterattack monster to deal with that last 1 hp, it would take a stone, but that may work... of course if full heal is before 100% gravity, on the same turn or otherwise than the counter does not work.

Funny thing is I started making up TPA teams after using you Beelzebub during Wednesday dungeon (used him today as well during a super metal dungeon). I did not realize how powerful TPA is. I like the play style of only having to match 4 orbs.

Once lu bu gets TPA...

Wow you already have hades, haku, and persephone

Do you have any videos of taking on descended dungeons?
If you have any decent dragon subs, you should look into D/L Fagan. 16x plus TPA equals huge, easy to activate damage. Not as descend-viable as Beelzebub, but damn fun to farm with.

Top Bottom