• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Hige

I once ran Satan about 15 times before I got an invade. I'd say I usually get an invade within 5 runs on Mythical, so that was just bad luck.

expecting something good of cao cao. god attacker dark sub att, would be perfect.

Can't wait for the Lu Bu ultimate.

Same here, bring on that Lu Bu TPA!
I'm excited for all three of the remaining 3K ultimates, since they're the ones I actually have :p. I use DQXQ and Lu Bu all the time, so really hoping they get some good updates. And Cao Cao is just gathering dust, so I hope they some how make him useful to me.

seady

Didn't see the 2nd Sun Quan ultimate evo art posted:

And the first ultimate evo posted earlier:

I hope one of the ultimates has double 2 prong.

My guess:
The top one will be Water/Light x Healer/God which will be used for Water Healer team.
The bottom one will be Water/Wood x Healer/Physical which will be used for Norn team.

tr4656

I saw this earlier after the SQ uvo.

cc4d6d9cd1.jpg

Somewhat fitting.

razterik

Best new upcoming JP change, sub attributes and types will work for dungeon restrictions. Makes a lot of things way easier. If only something could be done about cost restrictions.

linsivvi

Gives us an option to use any mob in its lower forms temporarily for a dungeon.

That would keep the cost restricted dungeons challenging but not painfully so.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Do we already know the evo material needed for Sun Quan Ult Evos?

Edit:
Just saw them... Wohoo I have all needed for the B/G Version. Let's hope they don't change them for the US release.

But he isn't a God anymore? Erm... Ok don't know if that's good or bad. But for the U&Y team it shouldn't matter.
Best new upcoming JP change, sub attributes and types will work for dungeon restrictions. Makes a lot of things way easier. If only something could be done about cost restrictions.
Wow that's great, guess I'll be able to try some of them as well then.

That's great. Should've done it sooner, instead of wasting time switching types of a bunch of monsters for that purpose.

It will make dungeons like Noah much easier.

Jagernaut

Water/Light Sun Quan has a much better leader skill but Water/Wood has better awakenings and is a better sub for Umisachi&Yamasachi. I only have one Sun Quan so I'll probably go Water/Wood, just wish he had double 2 prongs and not double water rows.

ccbfan

Dear Lord about SQ ULT.

Makes Blue healer team amazing.

Heck I might use him for my light healer team lead. The additional attack boost and delay allows the ability to use monsters other than Shynee and Enchilada making up for the off color.

Also the subtype being included on conditional dungeons makes the dungeons much easier.

sub type for conditional dungeons mean I will actually be able to do Guan Yinping and Zhang Fei! (All Physical Kirin teams to rock both dungeon)

Not to worried about Dark Knight Descended though, even before sub-types being available for Conditional dungeons.

Dancing Hera-Ur/ Ultimate Beelzebub (Leads), D/D Ultimate Luci, King Baddie, Permafrost Hera-Is, and to round it out a Ultimate Ogre that Can do a massive fire strike ( I have all of them max awoken, and they are devil sub-type so 2 skill cooldowns, and no worries on killing the Flame Baron, he is more dangerous than the centaurs).

If I can't get it to work without stoneing, I can always wait for sub-types and the all physical kirin team.

cw_sasuke

You have some very good luck on REM that most of us would envy :)

It always feels the other way for me...but for U&Y i really got the nice subs. It just hit me recently that there are many recommended REM only units that i might never actually own...lol. Its kinda weird when you realize that. No matter how man guides you read...you might just never get that on crucial unit.

Reading that some +X00 day players never got Kushi for example really opened my eyes about what kind of game this is. Some desc for GZL for example are just not possible without Kushi.

My rolls have been focus mostly on Blue/Green Units...dont think i will ever roll Ronia for example.

Water/Light Sun Quan has a much better leader skill but Water/Wood has better awakenings and is a better sub for Umisachi&Yamasachi. I only have one Sun Quan so I'll probably go Water/Wood, just wish he had double 2 prongs and not double water rows.

Probably would make him too OP on U&Y Healer teams - he already is quite a big deal with his Active Skill.

jay23

It always feels the other way for me...but for U&Y i really got the nice subs. It just hit me recently that there are many recommended REM only units that i might never actually own...lol. Its kinda weird when you realize that. No matter how man guides you read...you might just never get that on crucial unit.

Reading that some +X00 day players never got Kushi for example really opened my eyes about what kind of game this is. Some desc for GZL for example are just not possible without Kushi.

My rolls have been focus mostly on Blue/Green Units...dont think i will ever roll Ronia for example.

Probably would make him too OP on U&Y Healer teams - he already is quite a big deal with his Active Skill.

You'll eventually get her haha, it seems like everyone has a ronia.

I got pretty lucky myself in the rem, getting monsters like kirin, ronia, grodin, and Anubis. Which are staples of different playing styles. I just saved up all my magic stones during my first few months of playing the game, and rolled 33 times during PCGF. Of course you can get gung trolled, but you're bound to pull some good monsters.

Focus on what you have and be happy you have a near ideal U/Y and GZL teams. :)

I may never get a Ronia, a true 5x lead, or decent light REM exclusives but I'm content enough to have near ideal Byakko, Pandora, Dmeta teams.

I swear the REM pulls are seeded in some way based on your file.

cw_sasuke

You'll eventually get her haha, it seems like everyone has a ronia.

I got pretty lucky myself in the rem, getting monsters like kirin, ronia, grodin, and Anubis. Which are staples of different playing styles. I just saved up all my magic stones during my first few months of playing the game, and rolled 33 times during PCGF. Of course you can get gung trolled, but you're bound to pull some good monsters.

Yeah thats true - with PaD sooner or later you get good REM staff, if you want or can use it is something different. It probably way different earlier in the game but nowadays its rare that you pull on a Godfest and dont get something good at the end.

I may never get a Ronia, a true 5x lead, or decent light REM exclusives but I'm content enough to have near ideal Byakko, Pandora, Dmeta teams.

Thats the way i see it as well - i have a bunch of "good" units like Kirin, Karin, Astaroth, Gr0din, Ra or Persephone i havent really used till now. They dont really fit into the teams im building up right now and leveling/awakening/ult-evolving them is time consuming.

My main point is, that looking at other person teams or box will always feel like you are "missing" something because they will always have a couple units you havent pulled so far. The seed mechanics play into it as well...it doesnt seem like i could pull units like Ronia or Lu Bu, but im on my 3rd U&Y xD

colinp

Banned
Yes! Finally! Another devilit from PAL! Now I can make my D/D ulti Lucifer!

Just need to wait for thirty stamina to get a rainbow keeper since I accidently used all mine yesterday. Woops!

I think all of them will get Dragon subtyping in their second ult.

Yep, you're probably right.

I really like what they did with the Starling uvo. A great active, great awakenings, and a really solid leader skill. Makes a great sub for Skuld and can also pair with Skuld as a leader. I wish they would do that kind of thing more often with farmable monsters.

J0dy77

I took a second look at water light sun quan and he might be the better version after all. That leader skill is pretty crazy. Thoughts?

Maid

Banned

For all my life I only wanted a Haku or Pandora or Dmeta.

Then the game threw Anubis/Ra/Lucifer/everything I don't want on my face.

colinp

Banned
I took a second look at water light sun quan and he might be the better version after all. That leader skill is pretty crazy. Thoughts?

I'm coming around to your side, especially with the easier evo mats. Could be a fun healer team!

D/D ulti luci acquired! Takes the place of D/R ulti luci nicely on my devil team. Love the dramatic attack boost, too. Finally!!! Yes!

Tobe

talking about D/D luci, i dont know how this guy isnt a staple leader, he is so great, awesome awakenings 5 cd dark attack on light and enhance orb. seems like people are sleeping on him.

talking about D/D luci, i dont know how this guy isnt a staple leader, he is so great, awesome awakenings 5 cd dark attack on light and enhance orb. seems like people are sleeping on him.

Does he offer anything as a leader that Ronia doesn't offer better? His 5 turn active can be used as a sub, and so can his awakenings.

edit: Oh, D/D isn't the one with the Ronia-lite leader skill. My bad.

razterik

His sub pool is mostly limited to Gryps, Hanzo, Anubis, Lilith and Awoken Hades. And there's too much competition from better or more popular dark leaders like Dark Tron, Pandora, or even Ultimate Beelzebub. He is still good, just the meta has shifted forward and he isn't going to take off in the NA version.

smbu2000

Max skilled the Chiyome on my iPad over the weekend.
Max skilled the Fuuma Kotaro on my iPhone today. Now I just need to keep leveling up my LKali.

Doing alright on the characters I'm giving plus eggs too, Vegeta (iPhone) and DMeta (iPad) both are a bit over a 100 now. Still going to take awhile though.

SQ uevos look alright, since I only have one though I guess I'll go for the Dragon/awakenings one. I do hope they power up LMeta's leader skill though. LSQ looks to have a better leader skill now with the boost to recovery in addition to everything LMeta has.

Max skilled the Fuuma Kotaro on my iPhone today. Now I just need to keep leveling up my LKali.

Doing alright on the characters I'm giving plus eggs too, Vegeta (iPhone) and DMeta (iPad) both are a bit over a 100 now. Still going to take awhile though.

SQ uevos look alright, since I only have one though I guess I'll go for the Dragon/awakenings one. I do hope they power up LMeta's leader skill though. LSQ looks to have a better leader skill now with the boost to recovery in addition to everything LMeta has.
Don't forget that LMeta is unbindable. I think that makes up for the difference in RCV.

i think they should power up L.meta's awaken skills and active skill instead, maybe get one light row or tpa.

Top Bottom