• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

J0dy77

Still might as well skill it up because what if you get lucky later on.

Don't even need to get lucky, Beelzebub is farmable and she's a great sub. Don't miss this chance since it only comes around once or twice a year. Having to evo the wicked ladies is a nightmare from other dungeons.

Jagernaut

Holy shit, you weren't kidding. Made your team and proceeded to stomp all over Skylits. Even without DTron's multiplier, the row boosts allow you to sweep floor 1. But even if you somehow don't sweep, you still have unbindable leaders to make it trivial. Best team I've seen yet for this dungeon.

I've been deprived of DTron for so long that I still need to remind myself to think of her when coming up with new teams. The only dungeon I've really used her in so far is King Carnival.

It's awesome. I've tried a lot of teams but DTron is the best for Sky Prison. The only real descend I cleared with her was Mephisto.

Don't even need to get lucky, Beelzebub is farmable and she's a great sub. Don't miss this chance since it only comes around once or twice a year. Having to evo the wicked ladies is a nightmare from other dungeons.
I was gonna say this. Persephone is one of the REM pulls I would love for my Lu Bu or hypothetical Beelzebub team. That double orb change is theoretically better that Haku's active, though her awakenings aren't as good.

Speaking of which, why are HP/ATK/RCV awakenings still a thing? They should all be replaced and built into the base stats.

Jagernaut

Persephone is great, wish I had her. One advantage that Haku has is that her active changes the whole board, getting rid of jammers and poison. I don't usually get 2 dark rows with Haku but I get 6 or 7 combos, or 1 dark row and 1 fire row + combos.

colinp

Banned
Wish I had Persephone or Haku... Someday!

This week and last I'm drowning in Dub-topalits for some reason. I've got eleven now from running Friday dungeon. Eleven!

jiggle

I like batch feeding skill ups
I know the odds are the same
But feels like I'm getting better rates lol
2/4 Persephone
3/5 Persephone
Then
0/1
0/1
0/1...

6 individual feeds on fairlion yielded nothing
Same on haku and lmeta :/

Maid

Banned
Man do I find evolving skill mats annoying. This was such a great surprise. Saved me months of staring at unevolved wicked ladies in my box.

I really wish they give Amaterasu a new skill like Ceres. Skilling up the current one is a huge pain.

Jagernaut

I really wish they give Amaterasu a new skill like Ceres. Skilling up the current one is a huge pain.

I've pulled 3 of the Amaterasu skillup monsters from pal pulls but didn't get any skillups.

I haven't ultimate evolved my Amaterasu yet, I need to decide between the Light/Light one or the new Light/Fire Attacker.

hermit7

I've pulled 3 of the Amaterasu skillup monsters from pal pulls but didn't get any skillups.

I haven't ultimate evolved my Amaterasu yet, I need to decide between the Light/Light one or the new Light/Fire Attacker.

On the other hand I have been extremely fortunate to have skilled my ceres to level 9. I run her on a devil Friday team for the bind immunity.

All of the skill ups have prevented me from doing her awaken uevo.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow, you guys really made me feel bad about not farming skill up material for Persephone yet. Didn't know the dungeons is that rare... I still have a couple of hours. Might invest 1-2 stones for stamina to at least get a couple of them.

Jagernaut

Part 2 of the event.
10425515_1001507856544473_6475509716293958590_n.png

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*6 Million Thanks! Part 2*
[Duration]: 2/1 (Sun), 12:00 AM - 2/8 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)

It’s eight days into the event, and every day has been an absolute blast so far! We didn’t want the fun to end, so we kept it going a bit longer!

See the details below for a new assortment of dungeons and goodies!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
2/1 - 2/5 - 1 free Magic Stone
2/6 - 2/8 - 1 free Magic Stone & 1 free TAMADRA
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② Let the Games Begin!
Now that we’ve all had an opportunity to catch up, it’s time to get competitive! We have a new round of Challenge Dungeons, with new rewards for you to participate in!

2/2 - 2/8 - Challenge Dungeons!

■③ Special Event Content
1/31 - 2/1 - Dark Knight!

■④ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 1/23 to 2/8!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb

2/1 - Athena Descended!
2/2 - Beelzebub Descended!
2/2 - Gaia Descended!
2/3 - The Thief Descended!
2/4 - Takeminakata Descended!
2/5 - Noah Descended!
2/6 - Hera-Sowilo Descended!
2/7 - Kanetsugu!
2/8 - Zeus Vulcan Descended!

■⑤ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
2/1 - 2/8 - Rare Evo Materials

■⑥ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Dungeon Bonus:
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t
Timeline Photos · 14 minutes ago ·
View Full Size

Wow, you guys really made me feel bad about not farming skill up material for Persephone yet. Didn't know the dungeons is that rare... I still have a couple of hours. Might invest 1-2 stones for stamina to at least get a couple of them.
It's not that rare. We've had it 3 times now in ~8 months. And unevoed Wicked Ladies are in Dragons in Motley (and the PAL machine too). Gleaming Dragon's evoed drops are much preferable but if you're lucky, you might pick up 1 or 2 skillups between two Gleaming Dragons.

Hermes/Ares/Artemis skillups come around much less frequently. Where art thou Groove Coaster? :(

scottnak

Lmao who is this guy? I can't believe how many people are out there watching him. His reactions are hilarious.

CEO of AppBank, amazing PADer (if you play the JP version he has given you a lot of nice things)
Uploads youtube videos of him playing PAD, Monster Strike, etc.
Even made it to the Youtube Rewind video!

linsivvi

Challenge #3. About time!

Heh, I don't have Persephone so I max skilled a Wicked Lady.

jay23

He did it!!

CEO of AppBank, amazing PADer (if you play the JP version he has given you a lot of nice things)
Uploads youtube videos of him playing PAD, Monster Strike, etc.
Even made it to the Youtube Rewind video!

Nah I don't play on the JP version. But now I'm intrigued and wanna know what you guys get from him haha.

NineH

I think I have a dumb LMeta. 2/25 skill ups so far. All that time spent farming mats seems wasted. I have 20 more so I pray to the RNG gods she gets smarter.

scottnak

He did it!!

Nah I don't play on the JP version. But now I'm intrigued and wanna know what you guys get from him haha.

I actually don't play the JP either, but the reason I play PAD was after watching his videos haha.

They're showing off the Mario edition of PAD right now!

jiggle

Golem Mk ii
Blue knight Muse
Belial
Liu bei(dupe)
Apollo
Apocalypse (dupex3)
Berserker z(dupe)
Didn't get lubu like I wanted ; ;

Alt
Strawberry
Belial(dupe)
Sun Quan(yay)
Water dragon swordsman
Baal
Megalodran (shitty dupe)
Pierdrawn(shitty dupe)

Hmmm
Looking at
Ronia - KB - Ronia - berserker z - belial for red row team

Athena - blue knight - apollo - verche for light god team

Verdandi - liu bei - liu bei for G/R team

Lmeta - Sun Quan/sandalphon - Valkyrie - angelion
Last spot Venus or 2nd lmeta or unicorn? Can't decide...

Lots to do...

FZZ

Banned
Hmmm I think Gung Ho RNG knows if you've become an IAP. Spent 30 on this fest but only got 3 gold eggs. They were DKali, a dupe Isis, & DQXQ.

Yeah I'm gonna stop IAP for fests and just work on my Hathor & Ronia team.

FZZ

Banned
Hmm. Is there a way to check?
My first achievement for 5 combos was on Sept 19 though.

Next time you log in for your daily bonus at 4am PDT or anytime after it can tell you how many daily logins you have. Its dumb that you can't check anytime you want though.

But if you and sasuke started when I think you guys did, you guys grind fast, sasuke especially.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Congrats Scott - really nice pull :eek:

I pulled also, as mentioned before i wanted Liu Bei, Lu Bo a 2nd Sun Quan. Got none of them but the following.

- Pierda, dont know what to do with him yet but i remember he was included in some team recommendations
- Thanatos, got nothing on him, is he used for something special ?
- Dark Metatron ( Dark GZL i guess ?
- Zhuge Liang Dupe, You know you have pulled too much when you get a Special God as dupe
- Red Dragon Caller, Sonia, wow...guess i can get her after all :eek: Interested to see what the fuss is all about with her
- Gryps Rider, nothing
- Cao Cao, would this be a good leader for a Fire team ?

So as someone without a Dark or Fire team....Ronia and Cao Cao team worthy ? With everyone using Ronia i guess she is with the right subs, dont know about CaoCao.
Next time you log in for your daily bonus at 4am PDT or anytime after it can tell you how many daily logins you have. Its dumb that you can't check anytime you want though.

But if you and sasuke started when I think you guys did, you guys grind fast, sasuke especially.

To be fair i started playing earlier, just took a while to get really going after hitting some roadblocks early on xD

jiggle

cw_sasuke said:
- Pierda, dont know what to do with him yet but i remember he was included in some team recommendations
- Red Dragon Caller, Sonia, wow...guess i can get her after all :eek: Interested to see what the fuss is all about with her

So as someone without a Dark or Fire team....Ronia and Cao Cao team worthy ? With everyone using Ronia i guess she is with the right subs, dont know about CaoCao.

Hells ya ronia is team worthy!
And you pulled two possible subs for it
Pierdrawn is a heart maker for ronia team
Thanatos is the dark orb enhancer for the team until u farm up hadar, hera-ur or pull a FA Lucifer
Thanatos is only crucial for taking on sandalphon
But you already have another team for that

FZZ

Banned
Is Dkali only viable as a Ra sub, I know she can be used for Hathor too but no increase in HP and RCV makes me sad.

Rolled twice, got a Shaitan and an Exa-Hydra. Haven't gotten a gold from the REM for a while now...

Meanwhile, Pal machine gives me a Jewel of Wood.

Does anyone have a Neptune they could put up? Doesn't really matter which one

My ID is 301,123,361 - typically have Ronia up but also a max-skilled Krishna and a Blonia at times

J0dy77

Congrats Scott - really nice pull :eek:

I pulled also, as mentioned before i wanted Liu Bei, Lu Bo a 2nd Sun Quan. Got none of them but the following.

- Dark Metatron ( Dark GZL i guess ?
- Zhuge Liang Dupe, You know you have pulled too much when you get a Special God as dupe
- Gryps Rider, nothing
- Cao Cao, would this be a good leader for a Fire team ?

To be fair i started playing earlier, just took a while to get really going after hitting some roadblocks early on xD

This is a very very good godfest. Gryps rider, Thanatos and pierdra are all great subs. Thanatos is really importat to have dark devil teams complete Sandalphan.

D. Meta is considered by some as the strongest lead in the game, just ask George about his desire to pull her for a long time. And sonia is sonia, beast. That's quite the haul.

I think you were saying something yesterday about not having a strong devil lead for using perspephone. lol

Edit: Pulled once this morning and got Rei Sirus... promised myself only one pull but saw everyone's luck this morning and I haven't pulled in a long time. Second pull... valk. Much sadness.

Zero_IYAD

This is one of those dungeons that makes you appreciate all the time & effort you've put hunting other descendants, Max leveling & awakening them..
Running a full Hera team was sure fun : )

tumblr_nj1kugmZQo1srgzyyo1_540.jpg

Running a devil team for dark knight. I wish I had a couple of decent devil orb changers...

Dancing-hera-ur, permafrost hera-is, ultimate devil Luci, King baddie (used twice on fenrir and last level), and finally an ultimate dark hera. Paired dancing hera with beelzebub, extra HP helped considerably.

I ran the mythical version, so I stoned (garaunteed monster and had the chance for a skil up on archangel michael, and fenrir knight) got severely orb trolled on the grips rider fight. Then saved orbs during the final level and had a couple of lucky darkness blocks.

I'll run legendary tomorrow probably, rest of my stamina today is for a light orb...

Waking up to a jewel invade is such a good feeling. I'll try to pick as many as I can today. I think I need 3 right now (Beelzebub, Amaterasu, Valk).

Top Bottom