• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Well done George, very impressive.

It seems you have a preference for Kirin over everyone else as a lead. Any reason why you prefer her over the burst mobs like Ronia?

The combo leaders feel really gimped to me after moving to the mono/TP/Row teams. My biggest complaint for the multiplier teams right now is that they have much less HP and RCV and can't control their damage as well as Mono. If I want to clear one mob with a devil team, i can scale it very easily. With the multiplier teams it's all or nothing. Plus the ever looming board trolling is hard to overcome. I was testing out a very strong durga team on KoG and didn't see a red orb drop for three turns. Just nothing you can do with a situation like that and leads to a lot of wipes.

I'm sure having everyone as +297 helps with some of my complaints.
Thanks.

Actually, Ronia and Sakuya are my 2 main leaders unless I'm running a dungeon specific lead. Ronia's better for some dungeons and Sakuya's better for others. The only +297 monsters on my Ronia team though are Ronia and D/D Luci. Only reason I hypermaxed the Sakuya team first is because I pulled her first and the individual team members are all amazing and worth being +297 on their own, except for Apollo who I maxed just for this team.

You're right, everyone being +297 does make a huge difference. With a +297 Sakuya friend, I have almost 26K HP without multipliers. And with over 5000 RCV + 2500 autoheal, I've never had an issue with healing. Grodin and LMeta actives also provide emergency healing. The only issue is not being able to tank anything over 26K damage. I could sub in a damage reducer like Kushi, but with this default build my primary solution is to just burst and kill before such an attack can happen. Despite high firepower and burst potential, this is actually a very defensive team. Kali is more of an emergency button rather than being relied upon for anti-orb-troll. If I can't activate on a board, I usually just tank and clear orbs until I can.

This team is very versatile in being able to handle a lot of different scenarios. I haven't playtested Kali as a leader, so I don't know if I'd prefer her over Sakuya as lead. Kali would allow me to use even more utility subs or a multiplier like Izanagi. She may prove to be better than Sakuya, but for now I'm used to playing Sakuya and the team is already hypermaxed.

Would this team be as effective with two kalis and no appolo? I have all these.
It would play the same for the most part, but you'd be missing big burst capability which, while not used often, is a pretty important tool for the team. If you have Izanagi I'd rather use him over a second Kali. Or even Valk or Verche.

tr4656

Thanks.
This team is very versatile in being able to handle a lot of different scenarios. I haven't playtested Kali as a leader, so I don't know if I'd prefer her over Sakuya as lead. Kali would allow me to use even more utility subs or a multiplier like Izanagi. She may prove to be better than Sakuya, but for now I'm used to playing Sakuya and the team is already hypermaxed.

At this point with those subs, you would really need ideal subs for Kali to be better than Sakuya.

Thanks.

Actually, Ronia and Sakuya are my 2 main leaders unless I'm running a dungeon specific lead. Ronia's better for some dungeons and Sakuya's better for others. The only +297 monsters on my Ronia team though are Ronia and D/D Luci. Only reason I hypermaxed the Sakuya team first is because I pulled her first and the individual team members are all amazing and worth being +297 on their own, except for Apollo who I maxed just for this team.

You're right, everyone being +297 does make a huge difference. With a +297 Sakuya friend, I have almost 26K HP without multipliers. And with over 5000 RCV + 2500 autoheal, I've never had an issue with healing. Grodin and LMeta actives also provide emergency healing. The only issue is not being able to tank anything over 26K damage. I could sub in a damage reducer like Kushi, but with this default build my primary solution is to just burst and kill before such an attack can happen. Despite high firepower and burst potential, this is actually a very defensive team. Kali is more of an emergency button rather than being relied upon for anti-orb-troll. If I can't activate on a board, I usually just tank and clear orbs until I can.

It would play the same for the most part, but you'd be missing big burst capability which, while not used often, is a pretty important tool for the team. If you have Izanagi I'd rather use him over a second Kali. Or even Valk or Verche.

Understood. I was just curious. I have two L kali and two Kirin but my main teams are Ronia and Dmeta. I'm terrible with combo leads.

J0dy77

You're right, everyone being +297 does make a difference.

Yeah that's pretty amazing.

I just don't have the resources or the mobs to build that out. I had horus at 297 and another 300 or so plus eggs in the team and still dumped it. My HP was just around 20k and primarily attackers so low HP and recovery overall. For mobs that hit for 10k+ every round the team just couldn't keep up.

I'm hoping they do something for the burst leads. I'd love to see Durga get a hp/rcv lead bonus in her ulultimate.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I just did a Pal 10-pull and got 5 gold eggs, lol. Jewel of Wood, Rainbow Keep, Dub-mythlit, and two onyx masks

5/10 gold eggs ? Hah thats awesome.

My Yolo PAL pulls weren't that successful, i will now wait for a couple of days and pull again when the Rare evo period ends.

Edit: Bringing my post from last page back up...maybe someone is rocking farmable Dark Units and can response.

Did any of you Gaffer pulled and/or got lucky with the Armored Knight Carnival ?

btw. Im looking for a farmable Dark Unit as leader...i was first thinking of trying to Satan. Than i saw Beelzebuub...am i wrong or is an amazing leader ? Especially his Ult Evo, even though getting all the evo jewels will take a long time.

Probably will get Satan first because i dont see myself being able to Ult Evo Beelzebub anytime soon...and the Satan dungeon is probably easier as well (i think). Is Satans Ult Evo worth the Evo materials ?

Are there other Dark/Devil leaders to consider ?

Satan was real popular on JP as a lazy farming leader, but he seems to have been supplanted by Ult Athena recently (this is a pretty interesting page btw). He never seemed to catch on on NA, though.

For the drop rates, I would run master. It's 15% vs 40%. I forgot if the survey dungeons have S-Rank on JP and I don't care to waste money to check.
I think for the old ones where the drop can also invade, I would go with Expert. You get way more possible invades, so I would think the overall drop rate might be better. I was pretty happy with my results from Scarlet Snake Princess expert (about 33 stamina/drop).
Thanks, due to the rare appearances on reg floors, I ended up running expert mostly. Didn't get a single Naga drop during my hour. Then I ran Skydragons and got two in five runs. No skill up though :(.

cw_sasuke

Satan was real popular on JP as a lazy farming leader, but he seems to have been supplanted by Ult Athena recently (this is a pretty interesting page btw). He never seemed to catch on on NA, though.

Ah thanks for the link...and i didnt even consider the potential Friend leaders for this one, just looking on Google Docs doesnt seem like anyone is running with him anyway. Im working right now on Athena, as my first team that isnt "bound" by a specific element...maybe i will just keep it that way for now. Maybe i will pull a better Dark leader with REM luck in the future.

I could work on a low cost team for now... i still have an unvevolved level 6 U&Y and some other Mini units i got from the Christmas REM.

btw. Really nice that Verche becomes a God in his evolution, perfect for Athena.

Beelzebub is the best farmable monster period.

You can use it as a leader to clear challenge 9 and Devil Rush, that's how strong it is.

Thats really impressive, his stats and Awakenings are great from what i saw. He would be my No 1 choice as well, but all the Ult Evo Jewels are outside of my reach for now. Just spend the couple Jewels i had from the PAL machine on Athena.

Maybe i need to start Jewel "farming" soon.

Jagernaut

I pulled a couple times hoping for Arcline or Muse. I used the pull pal first until you get a gold egg then pull rem method.

1.Pal egg gold, rem egg gold - evolved Echidna
2. Pal egg gold, rem egg gold - Umisachi&Yamasachi!

I've been trying to get them for a while. I already have Ultimate Blue Valkyrie, Sun Quan, and D/L Yomi all awoken and almost max skilled (I need 1 more skillup for Sun Quan). What should I use for the last slot? GOdin or another healer?

zX6aLRJ.jpg

Thought I'd make some updated screens of my box today. Looking back at the last ones I took in October when I was struggling to find a leader, it's kind of crazy.

Here's back then:

Screen caps of my monster box:

FCJ2dZa.jpg
oYnZuT6.jpg
qplPCey.jpg

The rest is evo materials (plants, masks, spirits etc.). I have 250 spaces total.
And here's today:

Also, here are the three teams I use most often (besides my Jewel/Metal dragon farming team, of course):

cw_sasuke

Really nice improvement, you had some luck with those REM rolls. Keep up the good work.

You also have some nice evo materials (sacred masks) there... I'm jealous xD

Thanks, due to the rare appearances on reg floors, I ended up running expert mostly. Didn't get a single Naga drop during my hour. Then I ran Skydragons and got two in five runs. No skill up though :(.
Damn that's some weird luck. I don't think I ever went more than 5 or 6 in a row without a drop. How many runs did you fit in?

J0dy77

Beelzebub is the best farmable monster period.

You can use it as a leader to clear challenge 9 and Devil Rush, that's how strong it is.

Yup, not even close right now. He's a beast and my primary lead at this point. The only limitation he has is skill block and bind dungeons. The bind can often be avoided but skill block can be tough. Dark chester is my most wanted rem pull right now for skill block avoidance. With him and lilith you have 80% resist on skill block.

Athena just caught on first and team popularity seems to grow based on who's on your list.

Here's my team that is just face rolling everything right now. Three home run active abilities and insane burst. Look at the attack on hades and beelzebub and both have two dual prong attacks. 6 total tpa, 50% row enhance and 8 skill reduction with ronia.

Em2LlqB.png

Damn that's some weird luck. I don't think I ever went more than 5 or 6 in a row without a drop. How many runs did you fit in?
Just eight. Two of them were the lower difficulty though since I wanted to get the stone. Used up a full bar but didn't want to spend a stone on a stamina refresh without bonus drop rates. Hopefully, a skill 1 Echidna is good enough for Gaia descended if I'm also using my original max skill Echidna too.

J0dy77

Just eight. Two of them were the lower difficulty though since I wanted to get the stone. Used up a full bar but didn't want to spend a stone on a stamina refresh without bonus drop rates. Hopefully, a skill 1 Echidna is good enough for Gaia descended if I'm also using my original max skill Echidna too.

Another option is to roll your primary echidna back from ultimate evo if you have one. Having 220 eggs on mine helped a lot but the dungeon is still freaking evil. When you're done evolve her again.

cw_sasuke

Yup, not even close right now. He's a beast and my primary lead at this point. The only limitation he has is skill block and bind dungeons. The bind can often be avoided but skill block can be tough. Dark chester is my most wanted rem pull right now for skill block avoidance. With him and lilith you have 80% resist on skill block.

Athena just caught on first and team popularity seems to grow based on who's on your list.

Here's my team that is just face rolling everything right now. Three home run active abilities and insane burst. Look at the attack on hades and beelzebub and both have two dual prong attacks. 6 total tpa, 50% row enhance and 8 skill reduction with ronia.

Em2LlqB.png
That's a kick ass team.

But Athena is more popular because her powerful build isn't as costly as time intensive as the one you just posted. I don't have one of your units and Ult evolving just Beelzebub or Hades alone would take me forever.

Another option is to roll your primary echidna back from ultimate evo if you have one. Having 220 eggs on mine helped a lot but the dungeon is still freaking evil. When you're done evolve her again.
Yeah, I'm rolling mine back. The one I just got yesterday will be #2 and most builds suggest two of them. I'm going to need a lot of red experience in the next week in case Gaia Descended pops up in part 2 of this event.

Once I'm done with Gaia, I can finally evolve my Gigas and have some functional red teams.

That team looks insane. I wish I had the right subs for a good Beelzebub team. I have a pretty great Athena team, and while it's great for farming, it can't really tank and heal like the Beelz/Ronia combo. Ideally, more people will start playing with Izanagi as leader. With his new LS, Athena/Izanagi could be really fun.

jay23

I have 30+ points, don't know who I should work on completing first. Any suggestions?

Kirin +19
Lu bu +46
Lkali
Ronia +28

tr4656

That's a kick ass team.

But Athena is more popular because her powerful build isn't as costly as time intensive as the one you just posted. I don't have one of your units and Ult evolving just Beelzebub or Hades alone would take me forever.

There are farmable subs but yeah, it would be more time intensive than Athena to build.
I have 30+ points, don't know who I should work on completing first. Any suggestions?

Kirin +19
Lu bu +46
Lkali
Ronia +28

I would personally go for LKali. She's a very good sub on her own and a great sub for Kirin.

There are farmable subs but yeah, it would be more time intensive than Athena to build.

I would personally go for LKali. She's a very good sub on her own and a great sub for Kirin.

I know L.Kali is a fantastic Kirin sub, but does the team have room for her if it runs Echidna?

Speaking of the two, I know L.Kali is considered better than Kirin. But does this hold true if you lack certain REM subs like Venus and Fuma Kotaro? Fuma in particular seems necessary to compete with the burst a Kirim team can output with Verche.

Yeah that's pretty amazing.

I just don't have the resources or the mobs to build that out. I had horus at 297 and another 300 or so plus eggs in the team and still dumped it. My HP was just around 20k and primarily attackers so low HP and recovery overall. For mobs that hit for 10k+ every round the team just couldn't keep up.

I'm hoping they do something for the burst leads. I'd love to see Durga get a hp/rcv lead bonus in her ulultimate.

God, if that happens then Kirin will be the worst of the x5 for 4 colors leaders. :(

Hige

I have Chester and I've barely used him, partially because mine's underleveled and he has a very situational active. The only instance I can think of offhand where I have trouble with skill lock is Leviathan on Hera-Beorc, which I rarely run anyway. Zeus-Dios is easier if I wanted to farm skill ups. Jewel invades are usually pretty manageable with high enough RCV subs, which Chester lacks. I wouldn't be too concerned that you don't have him.

I think Athena's popularity is not only because of the ease of acquiring her (relative to Beelzebub), but also because you usually pair up with another Athena, so you see more of them populating your friend list. A dual Beelzebub team doesn't really have any use that supersedes Beelz/Ronia.

jay23

That's what I was thinking, either Kali or kirin.

When would be the best time to roll for fuma kotaro? I read something about ninja carnival, but who knows if that ever comes back.

Spoils from this weekend were ok,

Evolved and fed a green noel to my green zhuge Lhuge. From there I max awoke him. Evolved and max awoke my green sorceress leeza (attacker/healer, but decent active and dual prong)

Finished awakening my light valk (all five awakenings), got another two awakenings on christmas kirin, but no awakenings on hera-is (fed each four babies).

Next steps are finishing eboing lui bui, Perseus, and ultimate evolving sasuke.

tr4656

I know L.Kali is a fantastic Kirin sub, but does the team have room for her if it runs Echidna?

Speaking of the two, I know L.Kali is considered better than Kirin. But does this hold true if you lack certain REM subs like Venus and Fuma Kotaro? Fuma in particular seems necessary to compete with the burst a Kirim team can output with Verche.

God, if that happens then Kirin will be the worst of the x5 for 4 colors leaders. :(
Depends on the dungeon really. I would say that you can actually have something like Echidna/LKali/Valk/LMeta and have it be fine. You can be pretty flexible with Kirin and sub Apollo for LKali. As for without REM subs, I would say that Kirin would be better, since you can do more consistent damage.

I still personally think Kirin > UY but I'm biased.

That's what I was thinking, either Kali or kirin.

When would be the best time to roll for fuma kotaro? I read something about ninja carnival, but who knows if that ever comes back.
It would obviously be any carnival with Fuma. Slightly worse would be light/ninja gala during a GF you would roll in.
Spoils from this weekend were ok,

Evolved and fed a green noel to my green zhuge Lhuge. From there I max awoke him. Evolved and max awoke my green sorceress leeza (attacker/healer, but decent active and dual prong)

Finished awakening my light valk (all five awakenings), got another two awakenings on christmas kirin, but no awakenings on hera-is (fed each four babies).

Next steps are finishing eboing lui bui, Perseus, and ultimate evolving sasuke.

That's pretty good. Whats your ID? I could always use more Christmas Kirin friends.

seady

Has the US version updated like the Japanese version did, where when you use stone to refill stamina it will go over your max stamina bar instead of hitting the cap?

yami4ct

Well, at the end of the event I now have 35 L. Chasers. Makes 40 when you count the 5 I already fed with zero skill ups. Well, no one can say I didn't try to skill up Meta, haha.

J0dy77

I have Chester and I've barely used him, partially because mine's underleveled and he has a very situational active. The only instance I can think of offhand where I have trouble with skill lock is Leviathan on Hera-Beorc, which I rarely run anyway. Zeus-Dios is easier if I wanted to farm skill ups. Jewel invades are usually pretty manageable with high enough RCV subs, which Chester lacks. I wouldn't be too concerned that you don't have him.

I think Athena's popularity is not only because of the ease of acquiring her (relative to Beelzebub), but also because you usually pair up with another Athena, so you see more of them populating your friend list. A dual Beelzebub team doesn't really have any use that supersedes Beelz/Ronia.

I agree, it's not imperative for the team but would make certain situations a lot easier. Havin 3 skill resist awakenings is really amazing along with more TPA

That team looks insane. I wish I had the right subs for a good Beelzebub team. I have a pretty great Athena team, and while it's great for farming, it can't really tank and heal like the Beelz/Ronia combo. Ideally, more people will start playing with Izanagi as leader. With his new LS, Athena/Izanagi could be really fun.

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to the Izanagi changes. I have the perfect subs for that team as well but RCV is a big big issue. I even tried using thor/Raphael as a lead to help that stiatuion and it still didn't feel quite the same.

You can use a purely farmable build with Vampire, Drawn Joker, Hera and King Baddie and still clear most contents.

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YL633vEBwY

Was going to post exactly this. While Haku and Lu Bu are key players you can get through a ton of content with poor man's equivalants. It's more about the abilities than anything else. A lot of times I drop Persephone from my team in favor of vamp or drawn joker depending on the dungeon. I haven't been able to skill her up yet and a 5 turn orb changer is better for the team in a lot of cases. A max skilled hera would give simliar benefit to Hades. While drawn joker and vamp popped together can create a devastating board.

For most dungeons you only require two big burst opportunities. Ronia/baddie/beelzebub combo will one shot anything in game. Use DJ and vamp on anything else.

Forgot about dark absorb on Raphael in Sandalphon. oh well...

So if I HAVE to use Kirin or Ra. Should I do the following:

Use little Kirin for Sandalphon (no Dark on the team, have to kill things without stalling)

OR

Ra team or big Kirin team for Satan. Fairly standard teams (High Ronia, GrOdin, and LMeta on both, with either D/L Yomi for Ra or Super Ultimate Light Valk for Kirin)

Didn't see the 2nd Sun Quan ultimate evo art posted:

And the first ultimate evo posted earlier:

I hope one of the ultimates has double 2 prong.

Blue/Green and Blue/Light... Likely type differences. Theory time:

healer/Dragon (maybe God/Dragon or God/Attacker) for Blue/Green and God/Healer (or Healer/attacker) for Blue/Light.

no clue which I would want though...

cw_sasuke

The B/G Ult Evo shooting 3 Arrows needs to have 2x TPA or I'll be very sad. Would be perfect for U&Y....

Tobe

dont think sun quan would change to something that is not a healer. would be a waste of skill ups. maybe god/healer and healer/physical.

expecting something good of cao cao. god attacker dark sub att, would be perfect.

ZeroAKA

B/L Sun Quan would be perfect on my Blue Healer team if I ever get the time to work on it.

Can't wait for the Lu Bu ultimate.

jay23

IpmGlDm.jpg

Hope this is a fast team to run dragon zombie. I need 2 green jewels for Valk and Athena. Somehow managed to get 2 light jewels from pem.

Top Bottom