• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Jagernaut

Running a devil team for dark knight. I wish I had a couple of decent devil orb changers...

Dancing-hera-ur, permafrost hera-is, ultimate devil Luci, King baddie (used twice on fenrir and last level), and finally an ultimate dark hera. Paired dancing hera with beelzebub, extra HP helped considerably.

I ran the mythical version, so I stoned (garaunteed monster and had the chance for a skil up on archangel michael, and fenrir knight) got severely orb trolled on the grips rider fight. Then saved orbs during the final level and had a couple of lucky darkness blocks.

I'll run legendary tomorrow probably, rest of my stamina today is for a light orb...

Water/Dark Vampire works for this dungeon. One of the few times he's better than regular Vamp. Also Wicked Lady even though her stats are poor. I max skilled one since I don't have Persephone.

5 rolls

2 trolls
Gabriel (one step closer to a blue healer team)
DQXQ (meh, maybe the ults will be good?)
Blodin (...and my Blonia team is pleased!)

I always seem to have better luck in godfests after I skip a godfest

scottnak

Next time you log in for your daily bonus at 4am PDT or anytime after it can tell you how many daily logins you have. Its dumb that you can't check anytime you want though.

But if you and sasuke started when I think you guys did, you guys grind fast, sasuke especially.

Day 133! don't think I've missed a day either

saichi

PAL - 3 rolls then got a gold egg, Tama

follow with REM roll

Gronia!

the rule still works!

also first of any Sonia I get. who would be a good sub for Gronia team? or what team is she a good sub for?

Dark Knight was pretty easy with Awoken Hades. This is the team I used. I'm sure it's not optimal but it works well as is. The dungeon will be even easier once sub-types are allowed. Try to set the board and kill the boss ASAP or you could be overwhelmed by poison. Baddie is saved just for the boss.

Gpukwnw.jpg

saichi

Congrats Scott - really nice pull :eek:

I pulled also, as mentioned before i wanted Liu Bei, Lu Bo a 2nd Sun Quan. Got none of them but the following.

- Pierda, dont know what to do with him yet but i remember he was included in some team recommendations
- Thanatos, got nothing on him, is he used for something special ?
- Dark Metatron ( Dark GZL i guess ?
- Zhuge Liang Dupe, You know you have pulled too much when you get a Special God as dupe
- Red Dragon Caller, Sonia, wow...guess i can get her after all :eek: Interested to see what the fuss is all about with her
- Gryps Rider, nothing
- Cao Cao, would this be a good leader for a Fire team ?

First U&Y and Zhuge now DMeta and Ronia. You have incredible luck with REM.

ZeroAKA

I pulled also, as mentioned before i wanted Liu Bei, Lu Bo a 2nd Sun Quan. Got none of them but the following.

- Pierda, dont know what to do with him yet but i remember he was included in some team recommendations
- Thanatos, got nothing on him, is he used for something special ?
- Dark Metatron ( Dark GZL i guess ?
- Zhuge Liang Dupe, You know you have pulled too much when you get a Special God as dupe
- Red Dragon Caller, Sonia, wow...guess i can get her after all :eek: Interested to see what the fuss is all about with her
- Gryps Rider, nothing
- Cao Cao, would this be a good leader for a Fire team ?
Well, now we know where everyone's REM luck went to.

4 rolls for this GodFest

-Liu Bei
-Naga
-Dragonette
-Vampire Lord (dupe)

Bummer! I'm passed rank 120 now and been focusing on leveling up my Ronia and subs. I might give another go at the REM, or maybe not lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dont see myself pulling anytime soon again, probably used up my luck for the next months....not to mention that i have enough units to work on anyway.

Cool thing about Ronia is that many Gaffers also have her as her Leader Maxxed so i will be able to pair with these strong Ronias. Dont quite know how you play with her, since its my first Row (?) Leader i guess, but ill figure it out.

I think i should farm/get King Baddie now, dont have him yet and he seems to be essential.

Might also want to Ult Evo Persephone know for her Devil Subtype. In general most Devils i have are Dark, while Sonia herself is Fire...which subs are suited better for her or make a stronger team ? The Fire or more dark based units ?

Can a good Ronia team beat the Wednesday Mask Dungeon ? Or in general which type of Dungeon does she excels in ? I havent had a Dark/Fire/Devil Type leader yet.

Hells ya ronia is team worthy!
And you pulled two possible subs for it
Pierdrawn is a heart maker for ronia team
Thanatos is the dark orb enhancer for the team until u farm up hadar, hera-ur or pull a FA Lucifer
Thanatos is only crucial for taking on sandalphon
But you already have another team for that

Perfect thanks, didnt saw that Thanhos has pretty much the same Active Skill as Athena..well for Dark orbs at least.

I think i already have Hadar and will need to get Hear Ur at some point as well. Can you recommended other good farmable for Ronia ? Or should i just focus on those 2 first ?

This is a very very good godfest. Gryps rider, Thanatos and pierdra are all great subs. Thanatos is really importat to have dark devil teams complete Sandalphan.

D. Meta is considered by some as the strongest lead in the game, just ask George about his desire to pull her for a long time. And sonia is sonia, beast. That's quite the haul.

I think you were saying something yesterday about not having a strong devil lead for using perspephone. lol

Hehe yeah...my first reaction to Sonia was...YES. Then i thought...shit maybe should have skilled/leveled Persephone up in the meantime.

D.Meta looks good...but i probably wont bother with her anytime soon. Is there anything she does really better as GZL ? They seem to be the same leader wise ...if she plays nice with farmable subs maybe.

@ladyluthien
Nice congrats...Liu Bei, thats the one i was pulling for. Cant have it all i guess... :)

tr4656

Rolled once just because and got Dark Chester.

Not bad although I don't like using him in most situations on Pandora since you basically lose damage by running him.

Might also want to Ult Evo Persephone know for her Devil Subtype. In general most Devils i have are Dark, while Sonia herself is Fire...which subs are suited better for her or make a stronger team ? The Fire or more dark based units ?

Can a good Ronia team beat the Wednesday Mask Dungeon ? Or in general which type of Dungeon does she excels in ? I havent had a Dark/Fire/Devil Type leader yet.
Depends on the dungeon and your sub availability. But in general, Dark > Fire.

You really want skill bind immunity on Wed mythical so GZL is your best bet. Ronia teams are less potent when you can't spam her board change active on the bosses. You could stall out the 99 turns of skill bind but not sure if you want to do that :lol

D.Meta looks good...but i probably wont bother with her anytime soon. Is there anything she does really better as GZL ? They seem to be the same leader wise ...if she plays nice with farmable subs maybe.
:lol farmable subs

Dmeta is row-based which has higher damage potential than 2PA (but GZL can destroy things anyway...). No resists to dark damage also helps. Dmeta teams are more REM heavy but most of her subs have better stats than GZL's. Dmeta is unbindable and has her own shield active when you ult her.

seady

Fist of the North Star monster skills and stats. Gold eggs are ok but not amazing. I would rather have DBZ in the US version.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=237

Seems they are just repeating the same gods again but with extra boost in HP/Recovery but less attack just like what they have been doing recently:

Old Egyptian God > New Egyptian God (Lower Attack, Higher HP/Rev)
Hero God > North Star (Lower Attack, Higher HP/Rev)

Jagernaut

DTron is amazing but you need key REM subs. You won't see her full potential without Hanzo and Haku, just those 2 + DTron destroy bosses. The last 2 spots can be filled with Pandora, dark Valkyrie, Persephone,2nd Hanzo, or Durga.

smbu2000

Interesting skills for the HmK characters. Resemble the hero skills quite a bit by having to match a certain number of colors (besides Kenshiro who is a color matching character.) I'm probably hoping to get Raoh the most. Would be very good matched up with Ronia. I don't have Ronia on my iPhone he would be nice to have. His skill is also nice with hearts to fire orbs and poison/jammers to dark drops (max level 7 turns).

Kenshiro and Toki are also looking good. 15 turns for reducing enemy defense to 0 and 7 seconds added to the orb timer is very useful. It seems like Toki's active skill makes Ganesha's look a little meh. Ganesha's skill voids damage for 1 turn (every 24 turns, max at 19). Toki's skill voids damage for 1 turn and has a 3 turn bind recovery (start ? Max 15 turns).

Silver eggs also look usable.

I am going to roll a lot when it comes out.
DMeta is better and more versatile than GZL, IMO. As of now she works with attackers only, but once you uevo her she works with attackers and gods, which offers up a much bigger pool of characters to work with. Her main attack is Dark, so there is no weakness (GZL isn't as effective against Fire).

Her skill also changes with uevo; 35% damage reduction for 1 turn and dark orb enhance.(at max level is every 7 turns) very useful when you know you need to take a hit to get under 80% but dont have enough HP to survive or for multiple hits. I use it often, for example on King of the Gods before I get to Zeus if a skyfall should come down and heal me above 80% I normally wouldn't have enough HP to survive a 24k hit from Zeus, but with her skilli can easily survive and he's toast. Also great for enhancing your attack with dark orb enhance.

With the Uevo I always use Haku (God), Hanzo(attacker) with her as they are a great pair and work well in combination. Uevo DValk would also be useful as a heartbreaker if you have her.(I don't) Gryps rider Finn or dragon rider Arthur also work. (I'm still working on my Finn)

GZL also works on the team and his skill boosts her attack as well.

Even though my Ronia doesn't get any attack boost on the team I usually put her there. Her skill with Hanzo's and DMeta's dark orb enhance usually lets me one shot most bosses.

I have GZL(2 actually) on my iPad , but I'm always using my DMeta team.

Yeah. Looks like I'll be skipping another collab. Toki seems pretty good, but I don't know if it's worth pulling just for him. Active is better than Ganesha's and has a lower CD. Kenshiro is cool, but not essential if you have Shiva.

cw_sasuke

Depends on the dungeon and your sub availability. But in general, Dark > Fire.

You really want skill bind immunity on Wed mythical so GZL is your best bet. Ronia teams are less potent when you can't spam her board change active on the bosses. You could stall out the 99 turns of skill bind but not sure if you want to do that :lol

:lol farmable subs

Dmeta is row-based which has higher damage potential than 2PA (but GZL can destroy things anyway...). No resists to dark damage also helps. Dmeta teams are more REM heavy but most of her subs have better stats than GZL's. Dmeta is unbindable and has her own shield active when you ult her.

Ok to be fair, i didnt saw that her 4x also applies to Godtypes with her Ult Evo. I guess its good to have her for now, maybe i can get some of her Keysubs down the line.

And thats the reason why getting such units isnt as lucky as just getting a good sub for teams you already own. A unit like DMeta opens up a whole other can of needed REM only subs lol.
DTron is amazing but you need key REM subs. You won't see her full potential without Hanzo and Haku, just those 2 + DTron destroy bosses. The last 2 spots can be filled with Pandora, dark Valkyrie, Persephone,2nd Hanzo, or Durga.

Okay from all units you mentioned i only have Persephone...yeah wont be touching tthe unit anytime soon.

Edit:

Oh i didnt see your post smbu2000. Thanks for the explanation, really helpful.
I totally missed the 35% damage reduction on her Ult Evo as well.

Man thats kinda weird...she seems to be better than GZL lol. But i have better Subs for GZL and he is max leveled and Awoken. But having such a powerful dark unit would be great. Hmm.... well one step at a time.

Jagernaut

I think Ronia is the best leader in the game so level her and awaken her ASAP. I have cleared most of the descends with her (don't bring her into no rcv dungeons).

As long as you can take a hit you can heal back to full in 1 combo. Stall for her active and then use Ronia + King Baddie or Lu Bu to destroy. Use farmable monsters like these below until you get some REM devils with fire and dark row boosts.

Beelzebub
King Baddie
Dark/Water Vampire
Drawn Joker
Lilith
Hera Ur
Hadar

jay23

Cw_sasuke told you you would get ronia sooner or later :p

I'll skip this god fest, don't want to roll another 3k god. Plus what I really want only has x1 rate.

I'm always amazed watching this person play, he's using grand Sonia.

【極限ドラゴンラッシュ!真龍界 絶地獄級】始まりの龍喚士・ソニア=グラン pt: http://youtu.be/Nem_zeN-oGg

cw_sasuke

I think Ronia is the best leader in the game so level her and awaken her ASAP. I have cleared most of the descends with her (don't bring her into no rcv dungeons).

As long as you can take a hit you can heal back to full in 1 combo. Stall for her active and then use Ronia + King Baddie or Lu Bu to destroy. Use farmable monsters like these below until you get some REM devils with fire and dark row boosts.

Beelzebub
King Baddie
Dark/Water Vampire
Drawn Joker
Lilith
Hera Ur
Hadar

Perfect thanks, i will try to get my hands on these units because i wont be pulling anytime soon again. And like i said im really interested to see how a Ronia team plays like, especially considering how popular she is.

How exactly do you use Row boosts ? Are they a One time thing for that specific combo ? Or do they add up over the course of the stage ? Has to be the first right ?

Cw_sasuke told you you would get ronia sooner or later :p

I'll skip this god fest, don't want to roll another 3k god. Plus what I really want only has x1 rate.

I'm always amazed watching this person play, he's using grand Sonia.

【極限ドラゴンラッシュ!真龍界 絶地獄級】始まりの龍喚士・ソニア=グラン pt: http://youtu.be/Nem_zeN-oGg

Hehe, seemed like im in another REM seed now for 2015 - these pulls were quite Dark/Fire heavy and i never got those before. Yay xD

zoku88

So, I've been keeping a unevolved DXDQ for low cost dungeons (although, I have yet to actaully attempt them.)

But since I've got LTron, I was thinking of evolving her and using my Durga as a low cost leader.

Or maybe I should evolve both since I have an unevolved Asuka. I also have both of the twin dragons.

What do you guys think?

Also, you have godlike luck, sasuke

Ronia is my most wanted card right now, but ironically not for her leader skill. She is such a good sub, and I have at least 5 teams that would greatly benefit from her presence (Lu Bu, Beelz, Fagan, Okuni, and Anubis off the top of my head).

tr4656

Perfect thanks, i will try to get my hands on these units because i wont be pulling anytime soon again. And like i said im really interested to see how a Ronia team plays like, especially considering how popular she is.

How exactly do you use Row boosts ? Are they a One time thing for that specific combo ? Or do they add up over the course of the stage ? Has to be the first right ?

Hehe, seemed like im in another REM seed now for 2015 - these pulls were quite Dark/Fire heavy and i never got those before. Yay xD
Row boost is for the combo.
So, I've been keeping a unevolved DXDQ for low cost dungeons (although, I have yet to actaully attempt them.)

But since I've got LTron, I was thinking of evolving her and using my Durga as a low cost leader.

Or maybe I should evolve both since I have an unevolved Asuka. I also have both of the twin dragons.

What do you guys think?

Also, you have godlike luck, sasuke
Durga wouldn't be bad but not sure how many people have unevoed one. Asuka should be okay for the most part.

Generally, once you get 4+ row enhance awakenings on a team, a row of 6 does more damage than 2 separate matches of 3. All things being equal, more row enhances is always better but you'd have to consider the stats/actives of the subs too. Unless you're running a luxury team of REM subs, 5-6 row enhances is typically the sweet spot between damage and flexibility.

10% damage boost per awakening per row, IIRC. Additive so 5 row awakenings = 1.5x boost

What do you guys think?
Only problem I see is that DQXQ is capable of pairing with more leads. Unevolved leads aren't typically going to be common (unless you friend a lot of lower rank players) and Durga is already an uncommon lead.

zoku88

Durga wouldn't be bad but not sure how many people have unevoed one. Asuka should be okay for the most part.

Only problem I see is that DQXQ is capable of pairing with more leads. Unevolved leads aren't typically going to be common (unless you friend a lot of lower rank players) and Durga is already an uncommon lead.

That's true. I think I've seen only one person randomly with a Durga....

I guess I'll save DQXQ and replace her with Angelion

saichi

Ronia is my most wanted card right now, but ironically not for her leader skill. She is such a good sub, and I have at least 5 teams that would greatly benefit from her presence (Lu Bu, Beelz, Fagan, Okuni, and Anubis off the top of my head).

What Okuni team do you run with?

ZeroAKA

Is Starlight Sanctuary really supposed to be the best place to farm plus eggs on the weekends? My last Goddess Descended run gave me two plus eggs, but I have yet to see a single one in Starlight Sanctuary.

Dont see myself pulling anytime soon again, probably used up my luck for the next months....not to mention that i have enough units to work on anyway.

Cool thing about Ronia is that many Gaffers also have her as her Leader Maxxed so i will be able to pair with these strong Ronias. Dont quite know how you play with her, since its my first Row (?) Leader i guess, but ill figure it out.

I think i should farm/get King Baddie now, dont have him yet and he seems to be essential.

Perfect thanks, didnt saw that Thanhos has pretty much the same Active Skill as Athena..well for Dark orbs at least.

I think i already have Hadar and will need to get Hear Ur at some point as well. Can you recommended other good farmable for Ronia ? Or should i just focus on those 2 first ?

Hehe yeah...my first reaction to Sonia was...YES. Then i thought...shit maybe should have skilled/leveled Persephone up in the meantime.

@ladyluthien
Nice congrats...Liu Bei, thats the one i was pulling for. Cant have it all i guess... :)

If it we could send gifts from our monster box, I would totally send Liu Bei your way!

Big Baddie is a great sub for Ronia, I just finished maxing mine out a couple weeks ago. I'm slowly getting my Ronia maxed out now, have her at Level 90. Thinking about adding D/D Anubis to the team. I also have Christmas Hera on my team at the moment, she's god/devil so works out pretty nicely for me.

scottnak

Oof I play this game too casually then despite how many hours I've put into it lol

I'm approaching my first year lol

To be fair though, when I get addicted... I get addicted.
I purposely didn't start this game for so long knowing how bad things would get...
And then I started watching Max Murai's youtube videos....... and here I am.
(and Monster Strike too)

jiggle

Perfect thanks, didnt saw that Thanhos has pretty much the same Active Skill as Athena..well for Dark orbs at least

this descend guide for ronia is pretty good on what she can or cannot do
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=56231
No reason to do thanatos now if u already have hadar
If you want to do trifruit, a maxed skill gigas(unless you have chiyome already) helps a lot even though he's not a devil

this descend guide for ronia is pretty good on what she can or cannot do
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=56231
No reason to do thanatos now if u already have hadar
If you want to do trifruit, a maxed skill gigas(unless you have chiyome already) helps a lot even though he's not a devil

This is a great guide jiggle, thanks for posting!

Is anybody else collecting the flower dragons that are currently rotating right now? I was researching on PADx and it seems that you can evolve all the colored flower dragons together to make a swallowtail dragon. Which I thought looked really pretty. The swallowtail dragon isn't available for NA yet, but it will probably make its way over eventually.

jay23

sTj6vGt.jpg

My third jewel of light and 5th angelit... just need one more devilit.

I'm about to use up all my pal points, I don't think we're getting the mini 3 kingdom pem any time soon.

jiggle

This is a great guide jiggle, thanks for posting!

Is anybody else collecting the flower dragons that are currently rotating right now? I was researching on PADx and it seems that you can evolve all the colored flower dragons together to make a swallowtail dragon. Which I thought looked really pretty. The swallowtail dragon isn't available for NA yet, but it will probably make its way over eventually.
I am!
Collecting flower and some insect dragons to make Starling

Make sure to get 6 blue flowers if u want max awaken without using tamadras

I am!
Collecting flower and some insect dragons to make Starling

Make sure to get 6 blue flowers if u want max awaken without using tamadras

Ah yes! I want that evolved Starling too!
These dungeons don't feel so hard, so it shouldn't be too hard for me to collect some more dragons to max awaken them. I just need one more light insect dragon, so that I can make two swallowtails.

Reminder that you can keep feeding dupe Starlings beyond the awoken limit, and when you do make busty Starling it'll already have the extra awakenings on it.

Also that ult Starling takes a Blue Orb to make.

Two Kirin invades in 4 runs today. Had to stone for one but I'm satisfied. I'm wondering if it's worth trying to farm for the red jewel on Beelzebub or if I should wait for Kanetsugu.

^ lol, that was great. I sometimes consider chanting things right before I roll, but I'm too chicken.

I have no idea how I'll get a blue orb, hope the PAL rolls me one! I managed to fuse four extra blue flower dragons to my main flower dragon, and also got an extra light insect dragon. Now, I'm just waiting for the green flower dragon dungeon next!

JP godfest courtesy roll
ZcP7yURl.jpg

This game, I swear

I thought carnivals weren't supposed to overlap with GF when a new pantheon debuted? Did they change that restriction?

Done

THWycMU.jpg

FYI, anyone looking to max skill ultimate Starling with max level dupes, looks like you'll need 8 Starlings and 4 Pulse Needles. Starling itself is an evo mat for its own evo mat. How meta. Of course you'll also need 4 each of the other Flower Dragons, too.

FZZ

Banned
GAF I love you guys. But why are y'all so mean to me, even in this OT sometimes I ask questions and no one responds. Happened to me like three times I feel bad about it, no one does it in particular but sometimes it adds up and makes a kid feel bad you know?

Anyways I got drunk and spent 60 bucks, can any of you tell me if my rolls were good I can't determine it right now.

wSbCxFj.jpg

I will probably regret this post in the morning but right now idk, if no one even likes me on an online gaming forum then damn I got really low fucking self esteem lol if I care about this shit that much lol.

Fuck I spent 60 bucks lol.

colinp

Banned
Hahaha, I think ya did alright FZZ. Two ronias, a gronia lkali and blonia (among others) is all pretty sweet!

Just pulled for the hell of it and got Guan Yu and Liu Bei. Hah, wish they were Ronia ;) but that's still cool I suppose.

Top Bottom