• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

Done

THWycMU.jpg

Dammit. My Indra is retarded or something. 1/28 this week. I don't want to spend all next week on this!

Fuck I spent 60 bucks lol.

Drunk rolls are best rolls. Double Ronias are worth the $60 alone. Green Sonia, both Kalis, Verdandi, Skuld, and Green Odin are all fantastic leaders or subs.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Observation time.

Lately i didnt do Decends because i was kinda scared of these Invade units screwing up my run and the stamina loss ( yeah im a chicken i know xD ).

Today i just did Athena again, because i already beat her once and thought it would be the least trouble. And wow...compared to the first time it was...a cake walk. This was the first time i OHKO a +4 Mio Desc boss. The main reason is, i didnt realize how nuts the RCV on the U&Y team is...as long as i have a couple hearts, healing for +10-15K HP seems to be in the cards. I think never really did many combos when attempting to heal. Total gamechanger ( at least for this quest), i was able to trade hits with Cu Chu and Siegfried for a couple turns...i ended it when all my units skills where up.

Well and then i got to Athena...this was the first time i could use Sun Quan/Yomi on a Desc Boss, the last time both werent ready for the run. I didnt get to use Yomi here, after the Sun Quan Active skill and a 25x activation she was done....U&Y is the real deal. I think i feel better taking other Desc on now, especially knowing how much i can Heal back. During the whole run i only used 1 U&Y active skill and Sun Quans - Kushi and Yomis actives werent needed.

Well enough of U&Y drooling, but im glad that this was my first mayor pull. I think i will give Beelzebub a try now.

2nd Observation. I think i will put the 2nd GZL on my GZL team as well - this way i will get to 100% skill lock and can use the his Active skill 3 time in a run. I should be able to beat the Wednesday Mask dungeon if i can survive the first round.

@FZZpure
Amazing pull :eek:
I think this will be your best drunk purchase for a while...you did the right thing ( this time at least xD). Have fun leveling up those Bad Boys !!!

Row boost is for the combo.
Generally, once you get 4+ row enhance awakenings on a team, a row of 6 does more damage than 2 separate matches of 3. All things being equal, more row enhances is always better but you'd have to consider the stats/actives of the subs too. Unless you're running a luxury team of REM subs, 5-6 row enhances is typically the sweet spot between damage and flexibility.

10% damage boost per awakening per row, IIRC. Additive so 5 row awakenings = 1.5x boost

Thanks guys, so thats how its works. As someone who is more used to TPA units and teams (UY/GZL/Athena) i wonder how it will compare. The TPA experience has been amazing so far for me, it might take quite sometime till the Row Damage can compare to it - but im looking forward to it.

If it we could send gifts from our monster box, I would totally send Liu Bei your way!

Big Baddie is a great sub for Ronia, I just finished maxing mine out a couple weeks ago. I'm slowly getting my Ronia maxed out now, have her at Level 90. Thinking about adding D/D Anubis to the team. I also have Christmas Hera on my team at the moment, she's god/devil so works out pretty nicely for me.

I would take him an heart beat xD
I should get Big Baddie soon, did a PAL single pull yesterday and got the Baddie - now i just need the King Metal Dragon to evolve him.

this descend guide for ronia is pretty good on what she can or cannot do
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=56231
No reason to do thanatos now if u already have hadar
If you want to do trifruit, a maxed skill gigas(unless you have chiyome already) helps a lot even though he's not a devil

Perfect, thats what i was looking for. Thanks !!

jiggle

Haku invaded in Athena, yay
Gem of darkness dropped, yay Beelzebub
Orb troll fest followed, boo
dead, no problem
1 stone is worth it
Oops godfest ate up all my stones

orz

Teetered between rage quitting or buying IAP for the first time in pad

Pulled twice,

First pull was my third fallen angel lucifer (I had max skilled my first one on Friday, took forever).

Second pull was a gamble mage (wtf is this? Does Japan use it?).

smbu2000

Pulled twice on my iPhone. Picked up another LMeta (2nd one) and the Gamble Mage. (Is this guy good for anything?)

Pulled once on my iPad and got the Green Knight Delgado. Could be useful with the 2.5x attack for balance cards active skill. I need to check to see what balance type characters I have.

Saving the rest of my stones for the HnK collab.

Good start to skilling up my LKali. Went 2/4 with my angelits.

3 more days until the HnK collab. Looking forward to it!

Quantum

GAF I love you guys.

I don't post much anymore since I'm "disgruntled" - but - you had an amazing bunch of pulls there.

you should be very happy - not "excellent" simpsons happy, but more like snoopy weird lines dance happy.

You can use Gamble Mage as a poverty Robin, I guess? Too bad the evolved form isn't 14 cost.

Finally grabbed a dark orb today, so I'll be busy running sapphire kings for exp today to evolve the last few pieces of Neptune busty.

Dammit. My Indra is retarded or something. 1/28 this week. I don't want to spend all next week on this!
I almost didn't bother. After maxing out my Rei Sirius (don't know if I'll ever even use it) Indra only had 1 skillup. I decided not to bother continuing just for Indra after such poor skillup luck. But after reading I needed to save 4 Pulse Needles in case I plan to max Apex Starling, after 4 more runs I got 4 Insects which yielded 2 Indra skillups. That pushed me to finish it off. Glad I did. Insects are surprisingly abundant for being a rare drop. This dungeon is definitely the best opportunity to max Indra that we've had yet.

seady

Done

THWycMU.jpg

FYI, anyone looking to max skill ultimate Starling with max level dupes, looks like you'll need 8 Starlings and 4 Pulse Needles. Starling itself is an evo mat for its own evo mat. How meta. Of course you'll also need 4 each of the other Flower Dragons, too.

Which level did you play to farm that skill up monster?

seady

And it'll all be for naught when they change Awoken Indra/Vritra's skills, lol

I don't think Indra's active skill will change anytime soon as it still hasn't receive its 2nd evolution yet like all the other gods did. Plus, its active is quite useful, unlike the original skills of the Awoken ones so far.

FYI, anyone looking to max skill ultimate Starling with max level dupes, looks like you'll need 8 Starlings and 4 Pulse Needles. Starling itself is an evo mat for its own evo mat. How meta. Of course you'll also need 4 each of the other Flower Dragons, too.

Thanks for the heads up! Yeah, the whole Evo process is insane. I'm trying to make sure I have enough for a swallowtail on the side but also one to evolve Starling. I already grabbed 8 starlings now, but I'll need two more pulseneedles.

Fantastic pull!!! Two Ronias!!!! That's great :)

linsivvi

PSA: If you are doing the challenge dungeons, don't feed the snow globe dragon away. Feed xp will be doubled in a couple months.

Speaking of challenge dungeons, the only two Pii I really need are red and dark, which of course are Levels 9 and 10. That kinda sucks :(. Hopefully I can throw something together that allows me to 1 or 2 stone them, but I doubt I have the teams for it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Last Challenge Dungeon i got to Lvl 4 - i will go for Level 5 this time. Im wondering...will older Challenge Dungeons come back in the future ?

Edit:

And talking about Beelzebub, i havent had experience with Poison orbs yet...how hard do they hit if you clear them ? Whats the best strategy when it comes to them ?

Last Challenge Dungeon i got to Lvl 4 - i will go for Level 5 this time. Im wondering...will older Challenge Dungeons come back in the future ?

Edit:

And talking about Beelzebub, i havent had experience with Poison orbs yet...how hard do they hit if you clear them ? Whats the best strategy when it comes to them ?
Probably not. Though technically that shouldn't be a problem since there's a set of challenge dungeons during every event at this point. I have no idea why NA is staggering them out like this.

Poison does a percentage of your health. Can't remember the exact percentage, but I think a 3-orb match is either 20 or 25%. They also do more if you combo them, so you're better off clearing 6 orbs in a single match rather than doing 2 3-orb matches for example. Most of the time people bring a full board change like the Chinese girls or Kalis for situations where you need to clear the board and/or don't have the health to deal with the poison.

tr4656

That's true. I think I've seen only one person randomly with a Durga....

I guess I'll save DQXQ and replace her with Angelion
I have a max leveled Durga if you ever need one.

Edit:

If its a full board of poison, I use Mastering or Chester.

razterik

This dungeon is definitely the best opportunity to max Indra that we've had yet.

Agreed. Using light jewels for him was always a bad idea. I'll keep going since Indra can be somewhat useful now after his awakening changes, even if I never use his active skill.

And it'll all be for naught when they change Awoken Indra/Vritra's skills, lol

Fine by me, I've got extras that won't be max skilled. Seriously, both of them should be next in line with how horrible they are in the current gameplay.

Challenge dungeons do not return, at least as far as JP experience goes. The levels/rewards reset and change each time. At least try to run Level 6 with your UmiYama team, the lack of RCV orbs should let you brute force combo your way through as long as you manage turns and health carefully.

FZZ

Banned
Lol I just read what I posted. Felt dreamlike posting it I am an overly emotional drunk just say passing thoughts not even things I constantly feel or think. Sorry for coming off as a man baby guys lmao you are all great and very helpful <3.

But yeah looking at my pulls they seem really good especially with the monsters I already have. Gonna completely stop IAP though, this luck is bound to run out and then I will become a baby whale and Gungho will feed off me.

tr4656

Lol I just read what I posted. Felt dreamlike posting it I am an overly emotional drunk just say passing thoughts not even things I constantly feel or think. Sorry for coming off as a man baby guys lmao you are all great and very helpful <3.

But yeah looking at my pulls they seem really good especially with the monsters I already have. Gonna completely stop IAP though, this luck is bound to run out and then I will become a baby whale and Gungho will feed off me.

That's fine. Honestly, you can clear most content with the stuff you pulled so you don't have to worry really.

scottnak

I'll be honest, I was just waiting for your response ;)

Good luck with the bolded though :p I've resisted the IAP pull thusfar though. whew...

colinp

Banned
Decided to do roll until silver today.

Troll gold echidna.
Green Guan Yu
Agdral

I think I have an ok GGY team? Is he any decent?

Since I rolled him too I've been reading a tiny bit about him. Seems quite capable, especially with the 3.5 attack. Low RCV generally speaking since he's physical, but his leader skill helps with that. Seems like finding a friends leader to pair with might be the most difficult part.

Since I rolled him too I've been reading a tiny bit about him. Seems quite capable, especially with the 3.5 attack. Low RCV generally speaking since he's physical, but his leader skill helps with that. Seems like finding a friends leader to pair with might be the most difficult part.

I have GGY, Gronia, Liu Bei, Toytops, Zeal, Canopus. I feel like I am missing some key amazing subs.

If I ever roll a Venus I am going to use Kali for nearly everything.

smbu2000

GGY is better since he got the update to include Dragon types as well is physical types. (His leader skill was originally for physical types only.) That said, I still haven't really used mine at all.

You can use Gamble Mage as a poverty Robin, I guess? Too bad the evolved form isn't 14 cost.

Finally grabbed a dark orb today, so I'll be busy running sapphire kings for exp today to evolve the last few pieces of Neptune busty.
He could be useful, but even then he is not very powerful in his un-evolved form. For a low cost dungeon Robin is much better with much better stats and still a low cost at 10. Evolved I'd rather use evolved Robin and he is still at a cost of 20. (I have an un-evolved Robin in my box.)

For pure power, Okuni is much better only requiring 6 combos for 4x attack. Gamble Mage requires 7 combos for 4x attack. He seems a bit worthless, IMO.

Anyways I got drunk and spent 60 bucks, can any of you tell me if my rolls were good I can't determine it right now.
Definitely a good haul there. I'd be ecstatic picking up those. Many GF only characters as well. The only bad thing is that you have to level them all up!

How about Avalon Drake or Lemon Dragon?

Also, for Kali?

I have Lemon Dragon but I think Melon Dragon would fit better. I don't have Melon sadly. I can get him next time we get the free fruit dragon giveaway.

And no, Avalon Drake is one of the key subs I'm missing. I wouldn't be dumb enough to not put him on the team if I had him.

For Kali, I'm lacking Venus (or a super good Dark sub), and Fuma Kotaro. I could probably be fine with just Fuma Kotaro to be honest. My team would be:

L.Kali, LZhuge/chibiLMeta, Fuma Kotaro, Red Odin, [flex slot], L.Kali.

flex slot could go to Echidna, Valk, Sun Quan, or whatever. Red Odin isn't the worst dark sub. 3 skill boosts is really nice and he has massive stats. But he isn't the best and Venus would easily replace him.
chibi meta is pretty meh but if I need bind resistance she'll work well enough. LZhuge enhances Light and has 2 two prong. Would work really well on the L.Kali + Fuma active turn.

am_dragon

I quit buying stones skipped the last couple fests. Out of about 10 Athena runs I only got 2 skillups today so I decided to quit spending stones on her and hit the GF.

Had my son roll - U&Y my first.

OK that's great, take my phone back and hit the OK to roll again by accident. I was so annoyed, I just sat there looking at he screen for 30 seconds, then figured "well there is no way out" I pulled the dragons arm and RONIA, I figured I'd never get one.

Completely worth it.

hermit7

Had a pretty successful day today farming dark jewels for ultimate beelzebub and Athena. Working on getting the mats for minerva and hino but that will be Thursday for red fruits.

ccbfan

0 for 6 on Athena and dark jewels. (At least it was super easy with Ronia.)

Still no dark jewels after well over 30 runs. My Ronia and Minerva are dying to get evoed

Speaking of Athena.

Which should I ult first, Athena or Light Valk?

I know I should do both as they both belong in the same party but I only have 2 light jewels left and 1 I'm saving for Awoken Minerva.

Maid

Banned
0 for 6 on Athena and dark jewels. (At least it was super easy with Ronia.)

Still no dark jewels after well over 30 runs. My Ronia and Minerva are dying to get evoed

Speaking of Athena.

I know I should do both as they both belong in the same party but I only have 2 light jewels left and 1 I'm saving for Awoken Minerva.

I'd go for Athena first, since I used Light Valk for her team way long before she has her uevo.

1/15 skill up for Athena , ugh :(, at least i got 2 dark jewels.
Is Beelzebub worthy of uevo? I don't have 2-prong monsters beside haku.

Hige

Athena. Valk is still decent for an Athena team even without the God type uevo.

1/15 skill up for Athena , ugh :(, at least i got 2 dark jewels.
Is Beelzebub worthy of uevo? I don't have 2-prong monsters beside haku.
Beelzebub is a boss, definitely worth it. Just run a row enhance team. TPA-focused Beelz is trash IMO because it lacks boss-killing power. TPA is great for breaking through high defense mobs and trash waves, but not bosses.

Beelz/Ronia teams only have a 7.5x ATK multiplier (at 6+ combos) compared to 9x Athena and 16x GZL and those teams have Izanagi/GZL to boost their attack power for bosses. If you're using Lu Bu or King Baddie to get that boost, they have no TPA and low RCV, so then you need something to balance that out. If you use Persephone or Luci or Lilith for RCV, then you get only 1 TPA (on Persephone) and she doesn't have the greatest ATK to make use of it. So it's not worth focusing on TPA except for like Awoken Hades, Haku, and maybe mini Lilith and Dill Sirius.

Jagernaut

8 Athena runs, 1 dark jewel and 3 Athena skillups. All 3 skillups were from a triple skillup on my last 3 Athena's. I only need a blue ancient mask to finish Awoken Neptune and I'll get that on Wednesday. I used my last one to ultimate Umisachi&Yamasachi. Still need another 2 dark jewels and 1 red jewel to make D/L Fagan.

3 more rolls netted me Belial and Verdandi. Double red rows is just what my red teams needed. Not sure what to do with Verdandi but at least I can make use of two different colors of fruits now so maybe it's worthwhile for me to run Thur mythical.

Really want a Liu Bei now but I'm done rolling this time around.

tr4656

I have Lemon Dragon but I think Melon Dragon would fit better. I don't have Melon sadly. I can get him next time we get the free fruit dragon giveaway.

And no, Avalon Drake is one of the key subs I'm missing. I wouldn't be dumb enough to not put him on the team if I had him.

For Kali, I'm lacking Venus (or a super good Dark sub), and Fuma Kotaro. I could probably be fine with just Fuma Kotaro to be honest. My team would be:

L.Kali, LZhuge/chibiLMeta, Fuma Kotaro, Red Odin, [flex slot], L.Kali.

flex slot could go to Echidna, Valk, Sun Quan, or whatever. Red Odin isn't the worst dark sub. 3 skill boosts is really nice and he has massive stats. But he isn't the best and Venus would easily replace him.
chibi meta is pretty meh but if I need bind resistance she'll work well enough. LZhuge enhances Light and has 2 two prong. Would work really well on the L.Kali + Fuma active turn.
I got Melon confused with Lemon.

Yeah, I personally think that Fuma Kotaro is pretty much all you need. Do you have either Arthur or Rei Sirius?

Had to catch the rest of my Blue Flower Dragons, so I only got in three Athena runs. No jewel, no Athena skillups, and no BValk skill ups (0/2).

razterik

For Kali, I'm lacking Venus (or a super good Dark sub), and Fuma Kotaro. I could probably be fine with just Fuma Kotaro to be honest.

There's no real replacement for Fuma without some trickery, like Fuu -> Vamp/Gravis, but I wouldn't generally recommend that setup.

Light/dark has great farmable subs in Hera-Sowilo and Mephisto.

smbu2000

So I've got my KotG farming teams set now.

iPhone:

This is the one I was having trouble with as sometimes I wasn't always able to take down the Chaos Devil Dragon and if it was at 1 turn I would sometimes get taken out. Subbing in Sun Quan for Vampire Duke lets me use his 2 turn delay on CDD and easily take it out. On Zeus, I use Haku/Vegeta to make an all Dark/Water board and GZL for 2x to attackers to 1 shot Zeus.

iPad:

I use Haku/GZL on the CDD to take it out and Ronia/Haku/DMeta to make an all dark enhanced board, which one shots Zeus.
Ronia is not a god/attacker and doesn't get any bonus attack, but using her for the final board makes Zeus easy.
(I can also tank a hit from CDD/Zeus with DMeta's active skill if I accidentally get healed.)

You can put her on the team, but she won't get the bonuses from Athena's leader skill as she isn't a god type unless you uevo her.

I uevo'd my Valks first, simply because I hadn't evolved my Athena yet.

NineH

Mythical, even on 2x drop days. If nothing else, at least the Gold Pengdras drop already max-leveled so you don't need to feed them trash.

I need some of your luck. The first 2 runs I did, I got two of the indra skill up bugs. It's been a week now and I have only seen 2 more of them and they did not drop.

Anyone here going to farm Gaia tomorrow with unevo'd Wangren? I could use some friends for this purpose. :)

My typical leads are Byakko, Bastet, Dmeta, GZL, Blonia, Lu Bu, Pandora, Ame.

How do you get passed her five turns of eating up red damage with Wangren?
Stall it out with maybe one Menace if it's available.

Is your Wangren Team Max level? Gaia with Wangren is NOT trivial, even with a max skilled team.
Not entirely (Homura is 45 and my 2nd Echidna is mid 50s), but I'm hoping it's doable on master. If not, it'll be an interesting test run lol.

Basically going to follow this guide: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=37106&pid=761098#pid761098

Beelzebub is a boss, definitely worth it. Just run a row enhance team. TPA-focused Beelz is trash IMO because it lacks boss-killing power. TPA is great for breaking through high defense mobs and trash waves, but not bosses.

Beelz/Ronia teams only have a 7.5x ATK multiplier (at 6+ combos) compared to 9x Athena and 16x GZL and those teams have Izanagi/GZL to boost their attack power for bosses. If you're using Lu Bu or King Baddie to get that boost, they have no TPA and low RCV, so then you need something to balance that out. If you use Persephone or Luci or Lilith for RCV, then you get only 1 TPA (on Persephone) and she doesn't have the greatest ATK to make use of it. So it's not worth focusing on TPA except for like Awoken Hades, Haku, and maybe mini Lilith and Dill Sirius.

wow, that's helping me a lot, thanks :),
My Bee team is: Beelz/Haku/King Baddie/Ronia/Ronia(FA Lucifer)/Friend Ronia
The main problem is low RCV that can't handle stalling :(.

raiot

Hm, I could built this team, Ronia is only 131+, but i could sub a +297 DMeta Instead of my non plussed BOdin...

Top Bottom