• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

raiot

Can you add me tr4656? My ID:

Whats the point of Haku in this team? I have a max skilled Haku and a max skilled D.Kali. I think the Kali might be better?

J0dy77

What's a good team to take down Gaia?
I have a Lvl 20 Red Chaser..
Not sure if it can help leading any team.

Wangren is probably the easiest team to put together. There are some videos out there of the team clearing legend. I brute forced through it with that team and 3 stones but those were due to me being bad and absolutely hating that dungeon.

Wangren x2, phoenix night, Gigas, Echidna .... throw in another gigas or echidna for last spot depending on what you have.

You can un-evolve your UEVO echidna with her plus eggs which helped me a lot.

lenni

Wangren is probably the easiest team to put together. There are some videos out there of the team clearing legend. I brute forced through it with that team and 3 stones but those were due to me being bad and absolutely hating that dungeon.

Wangren x2, phoenix night, Gigas, Echidna .... throw in another gigas or echidna for last spot depending on what you have.

I've still got an unevolved green Wee Jas: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1704

Gaia should be a cakewalk with him leading, but unfortunately I seem to be one of the very few who have him (and still unevolved). If anyone wants to try Gaia with Wee Jas today just add me: 380 733 294
Right now I've three slots open.

saichi

tried Beelzbub descend for the 1st time. was pretty easy with LTron healer team. Is devil team led by Beelz good for tackling descends?

ccbfan

Heads up on Gaia.

Guan Yinping makes an awesome Gaia team.

Guan
Enchilada
Enchilada
Something to deal with high def trees
Level 2 Gigas for HP

Zero_IYAD

I'm mixing leaders with my Red Chaser..
Some with Robin, some with Wangren & others with Yinping..
3 runs so far & no drops :|

If anyone has an unevod Robin please put him up for me.

Heads up on Gaia.

Guan Yinping makes an awesome Gaia team.

Guan
Enchilada
Enchilada
Something to deal with high def trees
Level 2 Gigas for HP
I kept 2 of her to keep one unevolved for low cost dungeons. I definitely saw potential with her, but haven't tried out Gaia yet. Also considering teaming her with Hello Kitty to make a 2/4/2 team.

Maid

Banned
Will keep this is mind. Do the echidnas need to be max skilled?

I need to un-evolve my current maxed one since the Guan Yinping team is seriously lacking in recovery, and you can't stall for too long without 2 Echidna.

Still, fuck Gaia, man. I don't want to visit this one again.

ok Got the +9 Tama,

Is it better to use it as a Tama to a medium priority monster, or as a +9 to a high priority Plus egg monster (that is already max awoken)? I've got a permafrost Hera-is that could use some Tamas, and a Christmas Kirin that could use some as well, however plus eggs are always nice, and they could go onto a much more interesting/better/higher priority monster.

Also Should I build a Dragon/Fire team for awoken Minerva usage, or an attacker/Water team for Awoken Neptune, or are the awoken greek gods worthless for this Challenge rotation?

I actually think that the +eggs are more valuable now that we have Tamadra Retreat. Best case scenario is save it for a new monster you know you will use a lot, but failing that, I say +eggs.

Zero_IYAD

Finally!

tumblr_nj5lm05Zw71srgzyyo1_540.jpg

6 runs, 4 stones.. FINALLY she dropped.
Time to work on Awoken Hades..
Seriously she's the hardest descended in this whole game for me!
My ID is 348948218 k@gaf
Wrong code!

J0dy77

tried Beelzbub descend for the 1st time. was pretty easy with LTron healer team. Is devil team led by Beelz good for tackling descends?

Look back at the last handful of pages, we've discussed it a lot. Beelzebu is a beast and basically gives you the ability to clear anything that Ronia can clear which is a lot.

ok Got the +9 Tama,

Is it better to use it as a Tama to a medium priority monster, or as a +9 to a high priority Plus egg monster (that is already max awoken)? I've got a permafrost Hera-is that could use some Tamas, and a Christmas Kirin that could use some as well, however plus eggs are always nice, and they could go onto a much more interesting/better/higher priority monster.

Also Should I build a Dragon/Fire team for awoken Minerva usage, or an attacker/Water team for Awoken Neptune, or are the awoken greek gods worthless for this Challenge rotation?

I was having the same debate. I'm going to dump mine into Yamato once he gets his ultimate, think that team can be a blast. I would always try to find a mob that needs both, still hard for me to lose an awakening.

Finally!

tumblr_nj5lm05Zw71srgzyyo1_540.jpg

Wrong code!
Dat bind tho

What's the best place to grab a Dub-Topalit from today? I used my sole remaining one to evolve a baby Tama instead of Zeus Mercury like a dumbass.

Tobe

i have no idea when i will be able to get a gaia. fuck. im doing a minerva right now then its either neptune or hades.

Kyu

Neo Member
Finally!

Wrong code!

Sorry, my brain really doesn't work when I'm low on blood sugar. Should be 348948217

Wangrening Gaia IS trivial and straightforward
if you follow that PADF guide

Died on my first try against Gaia due to my own stupidity. Then 0-stoned master and legend on my next two runs. Now I can finally evolve my Gigas/Homura and never look back!

saichi

My main teams are Ame mono read team and LTron Healer team (and DQXQ team although now I have moved away from it since it doesn't burst enough even with 16x. I can't beat most of the descends with it.) . While I'll continue working on those teams, I want to start building on a tea with different lead. Currently I have the following choice -

Awoken Minerva - will have to bust the current War Deity Minerva, have a bunch of Fire mobs to throw in this team.

GRonia - Just pulled her. The good thing is it's not a lead everyone uses (like Ronia) so it's kind of unique but that's also the bad thing. I do have some Wood and Dark dragons that I can throw in her team.

Nephthys - pulled her a couple months ago. I think I have the dark and fire cars to throw in her team.

Beelzebub - All the good thing everyone talks about this team in the last few pages makes me want to make a Devil team with him.

Leads that I gave up:

DQXQ
D/D Haku
Pandora

Any suggestions?

Awoken Minerva - will have to bust the current War Deity Minerva, have a bunch of Fire mobs to throw in this team.

Beelzebub - All the good thing everyone talks about this team in the last few pages makes me want to make a Devil team with him.

Leads that I gave up:

DQXQ
D/D Haku
Pandora

Any suggestions?

Beelzebub slots D/D Haku really well (She is a great sub for any dark devil teams). I love using my Ronia, and Teaming with an Ultimate Beelzebub is just easy street for some descends. It is like running the old 2/4/2 mono color teams of old. The main difference is that when paired with a Ronia, you can use her active to get the row attacks which add so much to the damage. Not sure if Pandora is a Devil, but if she is it may make sense to work on her as well.

Awoken Minerva - Minerva is practically worthless without being awoken, however once awoken she can be very useful on a devil team, even a dark focused one, if you need armor break (50% saved my butt on an enormous Metal Dragon invade). Having a good multiplier AND the 50% damage reduction is just icing on the cake. I max skilled her, used two Flampy's to do it.

I am a strong believer in the devil teams, makes farming easy, and works through a lot of descends. As far as the new "TOP" descends, you may need to hold out hope on a 25x+ lead. I know I have had to skip some descends because I just can't do them (still can't do Hera Rush and most of the top challenges).

I got 1-6 challenges easy, and then made it to sopdet and thoth, got thoth down to 35%, so I figured OK, one attack on Sopdet down to 35-40% and then get a 25x with a mass attack light to kill them both... a sky-fall of 5 greens came down and that was just enough to push Thoth under 30%. No continue sucks,

I need to think about 8, 9, and 10. I could really use any Piis, but not sure how I will tackle them.

What would you use a shynpy on if you had one?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
CountAntonius, thats dedication...seems like Hanzo is the real deal.
Wow. Time... To start... Slowly.... Walking away. ;)
lol
Poison does a percentage of your health. Can't remember the exact percentage, but I think a 3-orb match is either 20 or 25%. They also do more if you combo them, so you're better off clearing 6 orbs in a single match rather than doing 2 3-orb matches for example. Most of the time people bring a full board change like the Chinese girls or Kalis for situations where you need to clear the board and/or don't have the health to deal with the poison.

Sounds terrible....urgh. Dont think i will bother with it at this point.

By Chinese Girls you mean Leilan and co. ? I actually have Karin, but using her Activity doesnt play nice with U&Y i think. I think i will just work a bit more on my team and try it later.

This made me think is anyone rocking one of the Chinese Girls as leader ? I saw that i could Ult Evo Karin to her Blue/Dark version..wondering if she is a useful sub on other teams.
If its a full board of poison, I use Mastering or Chester.

Hmm i have either of those and if so, it will take time to level them up.

Challenge dungeons do not return, at least as far as JP experience goes. The levels/rewards reset and change each time. At least try to run Level 6 with your UmiYama team, the lack of RCV orbs should let you brute force combo your way through as long as you manage turns and health carefully.

Thanks, finished challenge 1-4 today, hope that i can somehow finish Challenge 5 as well. The reward would be perfect to Kickstart once i have evolved her.
Tried Challenge 5 with UY earlier but i didnt get far - seems like i need to activate 25x for every enemy on that stage, just didnt have time for that...didnt even get to see Py enemies. Guess you have to just ping away their HP and hope that you can heal enough that they dont kill you ?

About floor 5 - will you have to fight against one of the Demons or all of them ? Because normally it states "1 random" but its missing on the dungeon page.
Maybe i will have to try it again with GZL...did Challenge 4 also with GZL.

Jagernaut

Sasuke, just like people use Haku + Hanzo to make a 2/3 dark board for dark teams you can use Karin + Hatsume to make a 2/3 blue board or Leilan + Chiyome to make a 2/3 fire board. Useful for Hero teams or other mono color teams.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sasuke, just like people use Haku + Hanzo to make a 2/3 dark board for dark teams you can use Karin + Hatsume to make a 2/3 blue board or Leilan + Chiyome to make a 2/3 fire board. Useful for Hero teams or other mono color teams.

Thanks, that makes sense. I am missing Hatsume so i probably dont need to bother with Karin yet. Also have Mini Leilan, but again....Chiyome xD

CountAntonius, thats dedication...seems like Hanzo is the real deal.
lol
Sounds terrible....urgh. Dont think i will bother with it at this point.

By Chinese Girls you mean Leilan and co. ? I actually have Karin, but using her Activity doesnt play nice with U&Y i think. I think i will just work a bit more on my team and try it later.
Yep. Basically anyone with a full board change is useful in those situations

This made me think is anyone rocking one of the Chinese Girls as leader ? I saw that i could Ult Evo Karin to her Blue/Dark version..wondering if she is a useful sub on other teams.
Hmm i have either of those and if so, it will take time to level them up.
As a sub, Karin's good for mono-blue teams. Blonia, Sarasvati, Andromeda, etc.

The only somewhat popular leader is Haku due to her synergy with dark. Leilan and Karin need a lot of help from the REM/plus eggs to take out higher level stuff and I don't know if people even try with Meimei. Even with the best subs, they aren't going to come close to a stacked U&Y team so I wouldn't really mess with Karin unless you just want to play her for fun.

Is it possible to clear Fagan's dungeon with a Kirin team that lacks Apollo or Green Odin? I also sort of lack L.Meta, but have Chibi Meta if bind resistance is a must.

jay23

Challenge 5 got way more difficult with these high metal dragons. What did you guys use against them?

Seems like I have to do an 8+ combo just to one shot them.

ZeroAKA

Challenge 5 got way more difficult with these high metal dragons. What did you guys use against them?

Seems like I have to do an 8+ combo just to one shot them.
I took down the High Metal Dragons with Ronia combos/rows and then used Shiva after floor 6 to break the defense of Piis. It wasn't bad at all.

jay23

I desperately need more monsters with row enhance, wish I had haku. Actually managed to reach floor 8 after that post but got trolled by 3 piis.

Top Bottom