• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Taz

I meant just as a sub instead of another damage dealer. But I had no idea prongs increased damage that much.

All your subs should be damage dealers the best form of defence is attack, if you can one shot a monster with 5 million damage then you wont need to heal, its the best way to deal with most monsters in the game because on turn two they can use a skill like combo or colour absorb etc....

lt519

All your subs should be damage dealers the best form of defence is attack, if you can one shot a monster with 5 million damage then you wont need to heal, its the best way to deal with most monsters in the game because on turn two they can use a skill like combo or colour absorb etc....

So what's this about stalling then, how am I supposed to survive the preemptive attacks on some of those descendeds? Sorry if I'm being difficult, by one post ago you said a healer was a good idea?

Thanks for hooking me up with an Athena partner!

Bladelaw

So what's this about stalling then, how am I supposed to survive the preemptive attacks on some of those descendeds? Sorry if I'm being difficult, by one post ago you said a healer was a good idea?

Stalling means working through matches, intentionally not killing the enemy. Usually requires copious amounts of heart matching, or using skills that "delay" the enemy's next turn. For nasty preemptive attacks you need either enough HP to eat the hit, or a shield active to reduce the damage to something you can take.

--------------
Edit: removed takeminakata button. Forgot about Man's heal on floor two, I need to come up with a better plan.

This isn't entirely true. For the easy/early descends, sure, you can lean on powercreep and blow everything up. Once the game starts throwing things like resolve and damage absorb mechanics at you, your team needs more bulk and utility. Pure glass cannon teams just aren't consistently successful enough against reasonably challenging content.

Aesnath

Well, worst godfest ever for me. I only meant to roll four times; I rolled ten out of boredom and peer pressure from my family.

Day 1
1. Zeta Hydra #3 (Could be worse I suppose)
2. Red Egg (literally the best thing I rolled)

Day 2
3. Hastume #3 (One is OK, who needs three?)
4. Fenris (Guess it had to happen sooner or later)
5. Sleeping Beauty #3 (Crap)
6. Red Chester (I suppose I don't have one)
7. Gadius #2 (I guess there is some use)
8. Markab #2 (Ugh, OK)
9. Light Dragon Swordsman #3 (Crap!!)
10. Kopis (why???)

So, across ten rolls, zero pantheon gods from anywhere, two 5* GFE and a whole bunch of sadness.

I also tried to get my MH hunters together, and that has sucked as well. I can likely make the blue male one, but I wanted the green (I've learned I can't 7c without a board change and I'm even worse in MP) and I'm convinced that the dragon that drops the piece for the red female is actually rarer than other spawns on the first floor.

As for the challenge dungeons, I think you can minerva cheese C10--you just have to be able to survive for a few turns on floor one, bring a board change or two and a bind clear. I saw a video of someone cheesing C11, so that is probably my goal. C9 was a breeze with D. Athena, I just brought along an extra heartmaker (Pandora) and had few problems.

J0dy77

Well, worst godfest ever for me. I only meant to roll four times; I rolled ten out of boredom and peer pressure from my family.

Day 1
1. Zeta Hydra #3 (Could be worse I suppose)
2. Red Egg (literally the best thing I rolled)

Day 2
3. Hastume #3 (One is OK, who needs three?)
4. Fenris (Guess it had to happen sooner or later)
5. Sleeping Beauty #3 (Crap)
6. Red Chester (I suppose I don't have one)
7. Gadius #2 (I guess there is some use)
8. Markab #2 (Ugh, OK)
9. Light Dragon Swordsman #3 (Crap!!)
10. Kopis (why???)

So, across ten rolls, zero pantheon gods from anywhere, two 5* GFE and a whole bunch of sadness.

I also tried to get my MH hunters together, and that has sucked as well. I can likely make the blue male one, but I wanted the green (I've learned I can't 7c without a board change and I'm even worse in MP) and I'm convinced that the dragon that drops the piece for the red female is actually rarer than other spawns on the first floor.

As for the challenge dungeons, I think you can minerva cheese C10--you just have to be able to survive for a few turns on floor one, bring a board change or two and a bind clear. I saw a video of someone cheesing C11, so that is probably my goal. C9 was a breeze with D. Athena, I just brought along an extra heartmaker (Pandora) and had few problems.

I pulled three unicorn riders... no clue how that junk still exists in the REM.

bjork

So I finally got around the running the Monster Hunter dungeon enough to evolve the male and female hunters. I made the blue type Male with the flower sword, and the red type Female with the delay special.

Are the other versions good enough to justify buying dupe hunters in the shop? I feel like I picked the ones that would benefit my teams the most as it is, though.

Bladelaw

So I finally got around the running the Monster Hunter dungeon enough to evolve the male and female hunters. I made the blue type Male with the flower sword, and the red type Female with the delay special.

Are the other versions good enough to justify buying dupe hunters in the shop? I feel like I picked the ones that would benefit my teams the most as it is, though.

Not unless you're looking to burn MP. The Narga X hunter (Female dark) is a better coop yomidragon (only downside is bindable) but if you don't coop with serious teams then you're better off just buying Yomidragon.

bjork

Not unless you're looking to burn MP. The Narga X hunter (Female dark) is a better coop yomidragon (only downside is bindable) but if you don't coop with serious teams then you're better off just buying Yomidragon.

I don't coop at all, so that takes care of that. Thanks :)

Jagernaut

I don't coop at all, so that takes care of that. Thanks :)

The blue male Hunter isn't that useful outside of co-op. His max atk multiplier drops from 182x to 81x in solo mode, and his 2.25x to hp and rcv goes away.(stats are with 2 blue male Hunter leads)

Bladelaw

Ok I think I now have a "button" team for Takeminakata. I'll need to run it with my alt to make sure I didn't forget anything but in case anyone's interested here's what I came up with:

Lead: Red Row with button like skill. (Rodin, Glav x huntress with inherit, Yamato with inherit)
Subs:
Raphael
High Attack co-op boost sub (Grimmjow)
High Attack co-op boost sub (Revo Vritra)
High Attack co-op boost sub (Grimmjow)
Friend: Goemon (Must be goemon)

Strategy:
FL1: Use the button on your lead
FL2: Kano heals, Use Raphael-->Goemon-->Grimmjow
FL3: Raph blocks the preemptive-->Revo Vritra
FL4: Raph blocks the preemptive-->Grimmjow
FL5: Swipe

Sample team:
Rodin
Raphael
Arondight (Grimmjow)
Mistletain (Revo Vritra)
Glav x Hunter (Grimmjow)
Goemon

there's probably other better ways to get the job done but from my box this is the least demanding on my partner. Requires them to bring 8 SB and Max skilled Goemon (or more SB to compensate for non-max skill goemon. You can put Raph on a tengu and replace Glav X Hunter with Rodin if you have the ability to do so. this means a total of 21 SB needed across both teams with the partner needing to provide 9 SB and allows for an unskilled (but max evo'ed) goemon.

The tricky part to building a button team for this is dealing with Kano's heal followed by two preemptive attacks. It requires more of player two than most buttons in the sense that you can't easily sub out Goemon, you need a self nuke and a way to generate a lot of fire orbs in one move.

Edit: Reddit has a whalier version. Dmeta, 4x claimh solais, dmeta.
Similar inherits but uses a dark board for the kill.

Taz

You cant alwayas blow things away so abit of utility always helps and if you mess up then sometimmes stalling is required to get your skills back up,

Running C10, thought it was pretty easy until I hit the last floor. It's quite doable but I need to figure out the best way to stall for skills on earlier floors.

I finally got the evo mats for blue male on my alt last night and that card is my favorite thing to be added to the game right now. I was getting so tired of running Krishna for my go-to coop team but I didn't have another option that was better, until now.

C10 will probably be a breeze with the right tools and with over 140k HP and the RCV to stall decently I can get everything up or just run them on the team if it will take too long because he has no type or attribute restrictions.

b33r

I finally got the evo mats for blue male on my alt last night and that card is my favorite thing to be added to the game right now. I was getting so tired of running Krishna for my go-to coop team but I didn't have another option that was better, until now.

C10 will probably be a breeze with the right tools and with over 140k HP and the RCV to stall decently I can get everything up or just run them on the team if it will take too long because he has no type or attribute restrictions.

Yeah he's a great card. I have been using him in single player to practice. Most descends are pretty easy with him, even without the multiplayer boosts. He's a monster in multiplayer though.

Negator

So uh...what do I do with 3 Nohime?

2vmHL5l.png

b33r

I think it's a little unfair if you are playing multiplayer with a multiplayer lead, that if your partners are terrible and die you lose that portion of your leader skill. It's a waste of stamina.

I wanted to play 3p arena with blue Dragon hunter dude. 1 partner played him as well, but could barely 5 combo. 2nd partner had ilmina paired with Julie, with completely random subs. I'm not mad that they might not be good, or just new to the game, but come on. They both died in the first few floors and then I'm stuck with a sub par lead without the boost.

It should stay with me if I started in multiplayer.

End /rant

Edit: gah, just happened again. Makes me not want to play multiplayer leads. I could have easily proceeded with my Aizen team as I have many times before. I don't have kush, so I really want to run the blue hunter in multiplayer... Frustrated

Bladelaw

I think it's a little unfair if you are playing multiplayer with a multiplayer lead, that if your partners are terrible and die you lose that portion of your leader skill. It's a waste of stamina.

I wanted to play 3p arena with blue Dragon hunter dude. 1 partner played him as well, but could barely 5 combo. 2nd partner had ilmina paired with Julie, with completely random subs. I'm not mad that they might not be good, or just new to the game, but come on. They both died in the first few floors and then I'm stuck with a sub par lead without the boost.

It should stay with me if I started in multiplayer.

End /rant

Edit: gah, just happened again. Makes me not want to play multiplayer leads. I could have easily proceeded with my Aizen team as I have many times before. I don't have kush, so I really want to run the blue hunter in multiplayer... Frustrated

I won't use the hunters if I'm playing with randoms for exactly that reason. it's a pain in the ass but in the end it's saved me a lot of frustration. If you want to run something interesting with a hunter just let me know. 3p arena is risky though. A bad luck run can bone you pretty hard and there's no stoning to keep the MP bonus.

I went through the challenge set with my alt. Blue hunter is super strong there. C11 is an annoying fight. My solution was to use a variant on the revo venus team floating around. Basically chip Valk to just over 50% then use a 10% gravity (or better if the damage goes under her damage null). Then spike. PDX said something about her only using resurrection once she went through all her tests but I found that to be false in practice.

b33r

that's fair, but I would like to play this game without having an alt. And without having to coordinate a run. Seems like it shouldn't be that difficult to play casually.

Bladelaw

Initially I think they put that clause in to prevent stuff like disconnect runs on farm leads like the machine gods. Given the popularity of hunters and the prevalence of button teams I'm not sure there's much of a point to keeping that restriction though. However, unless Japan complains about it loud enough I don't think we'll see any changes to how it works in the near future.

What's your team look like? I'm almost settled on a 2p and 3p arena version.

Mizu x (Hiko)
A Andro (Skuld)
A Andro (Skuld)
Awoken Nene (Cthulhu)
You Yu (Revo Orochi) <--balance killer unawoken
Mizu x (Julie)

I'm waffling on putting Dragon Killers on the Andromedas, god killers on Nene, and devil killers on You Yu. I'm also trying to decide if I need the blue wisdom dragon's burst. It would have to go on one of the Andromedas. Maybe for Cosmic Trinity? 3p Arena isn't that bad, and Julie handles the metatrons just fine.

b33r

I don't have a set team yet, still messing around with them.

Right now I'm trying:

Mizu x (Kundali)
Rhaku (Cecil)
Rhaku (Anaphon)
Isis (grodin)
Ryomi (fujin)

I have a fair amount of options of what to pair up with for the last inherit.

Bladelaw

JP Account luck strikes again, free FF pull is Noctis. I actually have a team for him too!
Noctis, Satsuki, Dathena, Sima Yi, Gremory (Oichi) should work just fine. I might focus on that account a little more. I have tons of monsters but no box space and no evo mats.

Aesnath

Anyone had any luck with challenge 11? I haven't opened it yet, but I'm a little concerned about Minerva cheese, as it looks like you need to have a pretty good board starting out to not just die instantly (need 5 million damage; only active that will be up is Minerva base) and then you need to kill her outright at 20% or die anyway. Also, I don't have a venus.

Anyone heard a way of killing it straight out with something like Meri or Dark Athena?

Bladelaw

Anyone had any luck with challenge 11? I haven't opened it yet, but I'm a little concerned about Minerva cheese, as it looks like you need to have a pretty good board starting out to not just die instantly (need 5 million damage; only active that will be up is Minerva base) and then you need to kill her outright at 20% or die anyway. Also, I don't have a venus.

Anyone heard a way of killing it straight out with something like Meri or Dark Athena?

There's a one hit KO video on reddit but it's pretty high up on the whale scale (Follow Up Attack is used via Amatsu) and requires a decent kill board.

This team can do it if you're very patient.

If you can, bring a quick charge laser (Jize for example) and a 10% gravity. That knocks her out of her color change-->fuck you mode. from there stall up Charite, convert and stall. get her close to 50% without going under, pop gravities to break resolve and your kill board for the win.

To do it legit I think you need to knock her under 50% in the first hit, then deal with her bullshit on the next turn and kill her or you're screwed. Meri can probably do this if you have Blodin and Sarasvati to help get skills charged and something to get rid of the time debuff. If Revo Venus is an option for you I'd recommend that. It's not as time consuming as the Minerva stall but has a higher chance of failure if you botch the resolve.

W-00

I figured that I had a bunch of good water cards that would work well for him, so I decided to try out Mizu X. Surprisingly, my long time spent with Meri (and before her, A. Pandora) didn't degrade my puzzling skills nearly as badly as I'd thought they would have. He carried me through C8 and C9 without a problem. C10 seemed like it was going to go well, but then skyfall happened on Kagu and, forgetting that he only delayed one of my teams, I pretty much gave up.

Current setup:
Main:
Mizu X (Wee Jas)
Skuld
Summurd (Meri)
Wetatron (Andromeda)
Ryune

Alt:
Mizu X
Scheat
Awoken Nene
Wetatron (Water Dragon Knight)
Ryune

Plenty of room for improvement, considering that I just threw them together based on what was ready. Other than Wee Jas, the inherits are just what I already had on them for my Meri teams. I have Awoken Andromeda on both accounts, but she's only available on my alt (my main is using her as an inherit on regular Uuvo Andromeda). Other notable cards that both accounts have are available are Awoken Karin, Sumire, and Yo and King Seigfried. My alt has also has: B/D Alrescha, B/G Karin, Barbarossa, R.Orochi, and a few more Water Dragon Knights. My main has Sun Quan, Kundali, Gan Ning, Hermes, and Snow White.

Are people activating his Dragon Killer awakening or leaving it off for damage control?

Bladelaw

I figured that I had a bunch of good water cards that would work well for him, so I decided to try out Mizu X. Surprisingly, my long time spent with Meri (and before her, A. Pandora) didn't degrade my puzzling skills nearly as badly as I'd thought they would have. He carried me through C8 and C9 without a problem. C10 seemed like it was going to go well, but then skyfall happened on Kagu and, forgetting that he only delayed one of my teams, I pretty much gave up.

Current setup:
Main:
Mizu X (Wee Jas)
Skuld
Summurd (Meri)
Wetatron (Andromeda)
Ryune

Alt:
Mizu X
Scheat
Awoken Nene
Wetatron (Water Dragon Knight)
Ryune

Plenty of room for improvement, considering that I just threw them together based on what was ready. Other than Wee Jas, the inherits are just what I already had on them for my Meri teams. I have Awoken Andromeda on both accounts, but she's only available on my alt (my main is using her as an inherit on regular Uuvo Andromeda). Other notable cards that both accounts have are available are Awoken Karin, Sumire, and Yo and King Seigfried. My alt has also has: B/D Alrescha, B/G Karin, Barbarossa, R.Orochi, and a few more Water Dragon Knights. My main has Sun Quan, Kundali, Gan Ning, Hermes, and Snow White.

Are people activating his Dragon Killer awakening or leaving it off for damage control?
I went with Dragon Killer. I have access to a multitude of absorb negation though so Hera Dragon isn't all that scary and I can generally keep under Noah's Damage Null. This is the main reason I want to outfit Awoken Andromeda with Dragon Killers though. I should probably use them on Haku but I'm having more fun playing Blue hunter than Kushi (I like skyfall) or Dath. I would recommend getting Kundali up and running. He's a beast in coop though his active occasionally makes difficult to work with boards.

b33r

What's the consensus on best evos for the hunters? Dark female/blue male?

That's the general consensus if you play multiplayer. It also depends on your box. I made those and also made the red female. You might want to make others if you don't play multiplayer and want them for inherits.

J0dy77

That's the general consensus if you play multiplayer. It also depends on your box. I made those and also made the red female. You might want to make others if you don't play multiplayer and want them for inherits.

Don't really play multiplayer but don't see using the other forms. The red female did seem interesting but the lack of rcv is going to ruin her as a leader. I'll wait until Sunday but probably going dark female. Dark feels like a solid sub with a good active.

Aesnath

I finally evo'd the stupid hunters. I ended up going with blue male/red female. I kinda wanted the green male, as it is kinda nuts with several tsubakis, but once I got the red female, I decided to stop fighting the power. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to 7c some day.

There's a one hit KO video on reddit but it's pretty high up on the whale scale (Follow Up Attack is used via Amatsu) and requires a decent kill board.

This team can do it if you're very patient.

If you can, bring a quick charge laser (Jize for example) and a 10% gravity. That knocks her out of her color change-->fuck you mode. from there stall up Charite, convert and stall. get her close to 50% without going under, pop gravities to break resolve and your kill board for the win.

To do it legit I think you need to knock her under 50% in the first hit, then deal with her bullshit on the next turn and kill her or you're screwed. Meri can probably do this if you have Blodin and Sarasvati to help get skills charged and something to get rid of the time debuff. If Revo Venus is an option for you I'd recommend that. It's not as time consuming as the Minerva stall but has a higher chance of failure if you botch the resolve.

I think I'm going to try a few different things. I really don't want to stall for 999 turns if I don't have to. There is a part of me that thinks it could be Meri-able, but it will take quite a few turns. It looks like most of Valk's hits are pretty low, she just tries to lock you out of healing well. However, Meri typically overheals, so, even at half she'll still have a functional 3x RCV multiplier. Valk hits for like 50% gravity and then 10k or so, meaning you are fine if you are over 20k. If any heal is about 15k, and you bring UEVO Gabe, it shouldn't be too hard to do.Moreover, it isn't too hard to have an active up on turn one and she can easily do 5 million off one active. I'm pretty sure that if you don't make a full blue board or two blue rows, she will also never do over 10 million a sub. So, it'd be a matter of hitting her, waiting out BS while healing. Things get harder at half. When she heals back up, hope for not green. Then when she is back down to half, it might be good to have a board unlock. Technically, if you were really confident about your damage, you could gravity her below half the first time and then burst up to about 8-9 million per sub. In my experience, it can be difficult to be that precise.

I'm going to be prepared with Minerva cheese backup and then just try the Minerva-Ama stall cheese as a back up.

Darn
Skill boosts are gonna be problematic

Yeah, it sucks. Makes the first turn rather do or die. 5million on 36x attack is no joke with one board change at most. Alternately, see Blade's post above about using a small quick gravity and a ping.

Bladelaw

Alt had to do it the hard way. I used Anubis x diablos and prayed I didn't spike too hard.
Team:
Anubis (Sheena)
Jize (Stats)
RYomi
Noctis
Awoken Okuni (should have used a different sub in hindsight I just wanted TE)
Diablos

Turn 1: 8 combo'ed with Jize to get her out of the danger zone.
Turn 2: 10 combo no active got her above 50%
Turn 3: poked her under resolve using Ryomi (to remove the time debuff) and dark prongs, she healed switched to red
Turn 4: skyfalled 18 combos +Okuni Active, sub attributes knocked her into the safe zone again.
Turn 5: 10c +Jize with minimal dark knocked her under resolve. She locks the board and gives you 3 hearts
Turn 6: 10c +Noctis with two dark matches killed her. This was 9 Combos + the 1 from Noctis's active, locked board meant I didn't have too many darks floating around to overshoot her.

The 7x6 board is nice because you can mostly ignore her cloud and still get decent activation from Anubis. Diablos shield keeps her 50% gravity from being too bad.

jiggle

Ive decided to use this setup on my cheese team for c11

Venus(ilm): diaochan(a. baal), DQXQ(hathor), Allura(hathor), Zera : Venus(thor)

Not sure if i hit 100% light resist with +10% coming from diaochan
Would be nice to not have to match orbs

All 3 orb changers are up turn 1
Stall and chip away for 999 turns
45% + 25% +25% gravities
Ilm +thor for the win(?)

Turn1 is a big worry cuz skyfall kicked diaochan(and allura?) damage above 12mil

Wow, running Diablos/Anubis on C11 really put in perspective just how insane Diablos is. I could knock Valkyrie under 50% every other turn pretty easily, which gave ample opportunity to heal between hits, which weren't that tough to get through between the Anubis RCV boost and the shield. The 7x6 board made the clouds more or less harmless. Next level power creep right there.

Now I'm just waiting for the return of the FF collab. I want to build a Diablos/Kushinada team around a pair of Yunas. Her buff looks crazy good.

Ive decided to use this setup on my cheese team for c11

Venus(ilm): diaochan(a. baal), DQXQ(hathor), Allura(hathor), Zera : Venus(thor)

Not sure if i hit 100% light resist with +10% coming from diaochan
Would be nice to not have to match orbs

All 3 orb changers are up turn 1
Stall and chip away for 999 turns
45% + 25% +25% gravities
Ilm +thor for the win(?)

Turn1 is a big worry cuz skyfall kicked diaochan(and allura?) damage above 12mil
Resists from leader skills don't add with awakenings, so you won't but it'll still help. For full resist you still need 100% resist through awakenings because the awakening resists are applied to the damage that is left over AFTER the LS resist has done it's work.

W-00

Finally cleared C10. After failing a bunch of times with my shiny new Mizu X Hunters, I decided to give it a try with my dear, reliable Meris and cleared it on the first try. It took a little bit of time, since I needed to stall for Orochi to come up to get a clear shot at Diza, but I was never in actual danger.

Now I just have to try to figure out some teams to use on C11. I don't have Venus or Minerva, so no cheesing it for me. If I'm looking at this correctly, the requirements are to hit her below 95% on turn 1, high damage with enough damage control that you don't go over 10 million per card, combo at least 7 per turn when you want to do damage, a way to knock her below 50% without giving her a chance to heal, and maybe a way to unlock orbs if you accidentally knock her down too far. Seems like Meri would be able to pull that off with a small gravity inherited somewhere (and maybe Gan Ning). Or am I missing something?

Bladelaw

Finally cleared C10. After failing a bunch of times with my shiny new Mizu X Hunters, I decided to give it a try with my dear, reliable Meris and cleared it on the first try. It took a little bit of time, since I needed to stall for Orochi to come up to get a clear shot at Diza, but I was never in actual danger.

Now I just have to try to figure out some teams to use on C11. I don't have Venus or Minerva, so no cheesing it for me. If I'm looking at this correctly, the requirements are to hit her below 95% on turn 1, high damage with enough damage control that you don't go over 10 million per card, combo at least 7 per turn when you want to do damage, a way to knock her below 50% without giving her a chance to heal, and maybe a way to unlock orbs if you accidentally knock her down too far. Seems like Meri would be able to pull that off with a small gravity inherited somewhere (and maybe Gan Ning). Or am I missing something?

Meri should be able to do it if you hit the HP threshold and can keep hearts flowing. Just keep in mind one of the first things she does is nerf your RCV for 20 turns. If you're worried about overdamage you can use a 99 damage ping and a 10% gravity to put her into the safe zone without worry. You pretty much nailed the mechanics, the tricky thing with Meri will be dealing with the cloud Valk puts in the middle of your board.

Anubis x Diablos has precious little damage control but that 7x6 board is a life saver when it comes to comboing and dealing with the cloud.

ccbfan

Which is the best female and male hunter.

I forgot completely that I need to grind mats for them and the collab is ending soon.. Whats the best difficulty to farm them?

Blue male seems to be the best but red male looks like a crazy good farm leader.

Not sure about the female hunter, they all look pretty good.

Bladelaw

I forgot completely that I need to grind mats for them and the collab is ending soon.. Whats the best difficulty to farm them?

Blue male seems to be the best but red male looks like a crazy good farm leader.

TL;DR
My opinion
Co-op: Blue Male, Dark Female
Farm: Red Female, Red Male (makes a great sub on red female)
Solo: Green Male (lead), Dark Female (as a sub).

I'll give you the full run down best I can:
Males:

Mizu x (Blue): Plays like a Kushinadahime with skyfall in co-op. Only get if you can combo and play co-op. Active isn't great just +1 combo for 1 turn. Great base for inherit though.

Demon x (Green): Cross lead using wood and dark, if you're looking for a solo lead this is a good option. Active is super niche (gemstone buff for each dragon killer awakening on the team).

Rathalos x (Red): Leader skill is garbage unless you're a super whale. Needs a full team of MH cards to benefit. Active is decent, 35% shield and a row of fire second from the bottom on an 8 turn cooldown. Great red row sub. Get this if you have a red row team looking for a boost.

Female:

Narga x (Dark): Co-op lead that plays like a bindable yomidragon. Pick this if you need a strong co-op lead and you have yomidragon subs (Akechi, RYomi, Haku, Escha, etc). Makes a good place holder sub that's near S tier if you need dragon killer, active is a 99 damage laser vs all enemies and makes 5 dark orbs so even useful as an inherit.

Kirin x (Light): Bad leaderskill unless you're a super whale, also requires a full team of MH cards. Arguably better than Rathalos x since it's all stats instead of just HP and attack though. Active is niche, +1 combo for three turns. Shines as a button base or a coop sub option for any light TPA team. Makes a solid replacement for Kanna in a Sherias Roots team too.

Glavenus x (Red): A more orb hungry Awoken Cao Cao/Yamamoto as a lead. Requires 8 orbs to activate with no scaling, does an absurd amount of damage. Grab this if you need a farming lead. The subs don't even need to be on type for farming purposes most of the time. She'll do enough damage on her own. Active is again niche, 10% gravity with a 2 turn delay, more applications than most of the hunters but not as good as Narga x IMO.

Aesnath

I haven't done it yet, but it certainly seems possible. I'm a bit worried about the cloud and the combo shield, but it is probably still doable. Getting her below 50% with a gravity seems like a good idea, but I've had trouble finding the sweet spot of under 10 million/sub but over 50 million total that it likely needs. If you pull it off, let me know. I know that one of the bloggers on Reddit suggested that Meri was likely a viable option, but that person didn't suggest a team.

First off, I agree with Blade about which hunters are best.

As for the farming part, getting the 6* mats is obnoxious. They drop occasionally on the regular dungeon--I eventually had most all of them drop playing legend on 1.5x drop days. However, the 3p dungeon only drops 6* mats. The downside is that it is a 99 stamina dungeon, with each of three floors only having a 25% chance of dropping a specific material. In the end, cooping the regular dungeon made more sense to me (as I don't know if my partner could beat the 3p independently anyway), but it may have been less efficient that the 3p overall.

ccbfan

TL;DR
My opinion
Co-op: Blue Male, Dark Female
Farm: Red Female, Red Male (makes a great sub on red female)
Solo: Green Male (lead), Dark Female (as a sub).

I'll give you the full run down best I can:
Males:

Mizu x (Blue): Plays like a Kushinadahime with skyfall in co-op. Only get if you can combo and play co-op. Active isn't great just +1 combo for 1 turn. Great base for inherit though.

Demon x (Green): Cross lead using wood and dark, if you're looking for a solo lead this is a good option. Active is super niche (gemstone buff for each dragon killer awakening on the team).

Rathalos x (Red): Leader skill is garbage unless you're a super whale. Needs a full team of MH cards to benefit. Active is decent, 35% shield and a row of fire second from the bottom on an 8 turn cooldown. Great red row sub. Get this if you have a red row team looking for a boost.

Female:

Narga x (Dark): Co-op lead that plays like a bindable yomidragon. Pick this if you need a strong co-op lead and you have yomidragon subs (Akechi, RYomi, Haku, Escha, etc). Makes a good place holder sub that's near S tier if you need dragon killer, active is a 99 damage laser vs all enemies and makes 5 dark orbs so even useful as an inherit.

Kirin x (Light): Bad leaderskill unless you're a super whale, also requires a full team of MH cards. Arguably better than Rathalos x since it's all stats instead of just HP and attack though. Active is niche, +1 combo for three turns. Shines as a button base or a coop sub option for any light TPA team. Makes a solid replacement for Kanna in a Sherias Roots team too.

Glavenus x (Red): A more orb hungry Awoken Cao Cao/Yamamoto as a lead. Requires 8 orbs to activate with no scaling, does an absurd amount of damage. Grab this if you need a farming lead. The subs don't even need to be on type for farming purposes most of the time. She'll do enough damage on her own. Active is again niche, 10% gravity with a 2 turn delay, more applications than most of the hunters but not as good as Narga x IMO.

I haven't done it yet, but it certainly seems possible. I'm a bit worried about the cloud and the combo shield, but it is probably still doable. Getting her below 50% with a gravity seems like a good idea, but I've had trouble finding the sweet spot of under 10 million/sub but over 50 million total that it likely needs. If you pull it off, let me know. I know that one of the bloggers on Reddit suggested that Meri was likely a viable option, but that person didn't suggest a team.

First off, I agree with Blade about which hunters are best.

As for the farming part, getting the 6* mats is obnoxious. They drop occasionally on the regular dungeon--I eventually had most all of them drop playing legend on 1.5x drop days. However, the 3p dungeon only drops 6* mats. The downside is that it is a 99 stamina dungeon, with each of three floors only having a 25% chance of dropping a specific material. In the end, cooping the regular dungeon made more sense to me (as I don't know if my partner could beat the 3p independently anyway), but it may have been less efficient that the 3p overall.

Was leaning towards Blue Male and Dark Female so it's nice to hears there's a consensus.

Jagernaut

Male red Hunter and female light Hunter both require monster hunter collab subs so that really limits you. Best hunters are considered to be blue male and then dark or red female.

Aesnath

Was leaning towards Blue Male and Dark Female so it's nice to hears there's a consensus.

I really do think the argument for the red female is pretty strong, depending on your box and playstyle.

If you already have a red row lead OR don't have the subs for one, it isn't a great buy. I sort of decided that I didn't need the dark female because A: I have dark athena, B: I have lumiel (so the active isn't too special) and C: I have found 5o1e a bit underwhelming. Moreover, if you combo well, you'll get a lot of coop mileage around blue male hunter, limiting the times that the you specifically want the dark one a bit. Personally, I didn't have a red row lead, but I did have two dragonkiller tsubaki, so the red female seemed more appealing.

Bladelaw

I'm waffling on getting the green male on my wife's account. She's absurdly lucky with her pulls so she has Diablos already. I think a Demon x hunter/Romia leader pair would be fun to play. Not many teams developed but green is her strongest color by a mile.

Team would have 6 dragon killers, so a 4x spike from the hunter.
Something like:
Demon X
Romia (Ishida)
AnaCeres (Grodin)
Leeza (Shantotto)
Ragnarok Dragon (Ishida)
Romia (Ishida)

Rag Drag is kind of the odd one out. If I sacrifice a dragon killer I can slot in whatever utility the team needs. Something like Ronove to clear trash, or Revo Mei Mei for a more applicable board or Kushi (Cauchemar) for a shield. I'm not sure how good the team will be but it looks fun to play.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Can someone please give me a tl;dr on where to farm the evo mats and skillups for the best hunters so I can get em before this MH stuff is over? I think it's blue male and purple female that I want, right? What difficulty do I have to farm for the evo/skillup mats and can I do it 2 player, or do I have to do 3 player?

Jagernaut

Can someone please give me a tl;dr on where to farm the evo mats and skillups for the best hunters so I can get em before this MH stuff is over? I think it's blue male and purple female that I want, right? What difficulty do I have to farm for the evo/skillup mats and can I do it 2 player, or do I have to do 3 player?

I got all the mats from running Ultra G coop over several days. The drop rate on the lower difficulties is not 100% even on 1.5x drop days. You don't have to do 3p.

Bladelaw

To expand on what Jager said, everything can drop in the normal dungeon (co-op too), but I'd recommend at least Legend during 1.5x days, Mythical works too but I found I got more gold eggs (skill up mats for hunters) in Legend than I did in Myth which occasionally had diamonds dropping.

3p has all diamond drops so if you desperately need the mats you can try there but you need to bring at ton of damage and 5 SBR at minimum. I'm probably going to farm 3p a little more to get the missing skill ups I need for Glavenus and Nargacuda.

Top Bottom