• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Historia |OT|: Change the Past to Save the Future

Grzi

Dark Schala said:
At what level did people complete the "The Road to Victory" sidequest? That damn spider sucks. And I hate bugs and spiders! I've fought two of them in the main story, I don't need another one. :/

I think I was Lv 52 with Stocke, a few levels lower with Aht.
Used up a bunch of reviving items and spells though.

Mechar

Neo Member
Question for all the people that have imported from Axelmusic: does it come with the soundtrack or is it just the game?

RedSwirl

So I just got to the first "junction" and WHUUUUT?!

Is this game's story like a multiple-ending visual novel where I have to play it multiple times, or can I freely move between junctions, eventually getting the true ending on one run?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Major Ch 2 AH Spoilers:

So I got to the part where you "save" Rosch and Kiel from the soldiers. I beat the soldiers, Rosch was pretty badly injured. I had a decision to make and decided to get Rosch out of there, having Marco and Raynie covering our backs. I get to a part where I can't get Rosch out of there and Kiel decides to sacrifice. All the while I'm thinking man this is a really long scene for a bad ending route, when is the text going to pop up? Kiel dies ;_; Text never comes up, I realize this isn't a bad ending.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Trojita

RedSwirl said:
So I just got to the first "junction" and WHUUUUT?!

Is this game's story like a multiple-ending visual novel where I have to play it multiple times, or can I freely move between junctions, eventually getting the true ending on one run?

You didn't even know about the game before you started playing? :lol

Your main objective in the game is to find "The True History". You will be going through both routes to accomplish this. You can warp between each when you reach a save node. If you make a decision that was the wrong one, a bad ending happens where you are told what happens and then you have the ability to warp back to where you were so you can make the decision again.

MechaX

Note to self for newer players; it might be really beneficial to pull up a guide on GameFAQs somewhere so you don't miss the more elusive side-quests as you go. Because doing them all at the end is extremely tedious.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Grzi said:
I think I was Lv 52 with Stocke, a few levels lower with Aht.
Used up a bunch of reviving items and spells though.
Thanks. *sigh* I didn't want to go through my items, but I guess I'll have to. I'm at level 50, so I guess I could try to take it on. Aht feels almost useless in that battle since she can't set traps.

Trojita said:
All the while I'm thinking man this is a really long scene for a bad ending route, when is the text going to pop up? Kiel dies ;_; Text never comes up, I realize this isn't a bad ending.
That actually tore me up a little inside. :(

vall03

so I did a couple of sidequests I missed and Im now down to the last one I think...

damn! that Master Vainqueur!
oh well, will continue to the last chapter... *sigh*

RedSwirl

There is no complete guide on GameFAQs yet, but if I don't have to start new games then I'll see how long this game can retain my interest in the face of Okamiden and Yakuza 4.

Volcynika

I'm on AH Ch4 and I'm having a problem with this boss:

The thaumachine when Celestia is being attacked. I'm not sure of how to approach this fight because when those mines detonate they do quite a bit of damage. Average level of my party now is ~25

Volcynika said:
I'm on AH Ch4 and I'm having a problem with this boss:

The thaumachine when Celestia is being attacked. I'm not sure of how to approach this fight because when those mines detonate they do quite a bit of damage. Average level of my party now is ~25
I used
Gafka's
Mana Burst special attack to take out all the mines during my first turn. After that I used fire spells and
Gafka's
attack center column attack each turn. I also mostly relied on the regenerate skill instead of healing spells.

meadowrag said:
So is there anywhere I can buy this at a reasonable price?
It's seems like most of the first shipment is gone. You'll probably find it slightly cheaper when the second batch arrives in three weeks.

Volcynika

Fought the
Hell Spider
(I'm fairly sure it's in SH4 or 5, maybe AH4 or 5?) and wowwwwwwwwww that battle was crazy as hell. Had to think a good bit and prepare for one of the damaging attacks it has.

I just got this game and I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm slightly confused about how the time traveling and multiple timelines work.

Chapter 1 spoilers around 3-4 hours into the game:
So in Timeline B I was at the quest in the mines where you get two choices: Wait to ambush, or search for the Merchant with the explosives. Both are pretty much dead ends at first until I go to Timeline A and end up finding and saving the Merchant. Then I go back to Timeline B and when I choose the search for the Merchant option; it all works out and he delivers the explosives to the mine and I can now progress. What I don't understand is how saving the Merchant in Timeline A allows him to suddenly be safe in Timeline B. If they are two separate timelines, how does that make sense?
I think the game tried to explain this, but I was tired last night and it just didn't click or make sense for some reason.

Trojita

BentMyWookiee said:
I just got this game and I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm slightly confused about how the time traveling and multiple timelines work.

Chapter 1 spoilers around 3-4 hours into the game:
So in Timeline B I was at the quest in the mines where you get two choices: Wait to ambush, or search for the Merchant with the explosives. Both are pretty much dead ends at first until I go to Timeline A and end up finding and saving the Merchant. Then I go back to Timeline B and when I choose the search for the Merchant option; it all works out and he delivers the explosives to the mine and I can now progress. What I don't understand is how saving the Merchant in Timeline A allows him to suddenly be safe in Timeline B. If they are two separate timelines, how does that make sense?
I think the game tried to explain this, but I was tired last night and it just didn't click or make sense for some reason.

The timelines seem to reverberate on each other for important events. One major effect on one history can completely change the affect in the other. It's also the reason I guess why treasure chests are empty when you go to the other timeline >_>

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Volcynika said:
Fought the
Hell Spider
(I'm fairly sure it's in SH4 or 5, maybe AH4 or 5?) and wowwwwwwwwww that battle was crazy as hell. Had to think a good bit and prepare for one of the damaging attacks it has.
As someone in a previous post said, someone on the dev team must really hate spiders. Minor spoiler, but
that isn't the only spider you're gonna face

Amir0x

Banned
fucking little girl in the sewer

how the fuck do these people always end up in the sewers in these RPGs. Fuck I hate sewer parts in RPGs.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Amir0x said:

how the fuck do these people always end up in the sewers in these RPGs. Fuck I hate sewer parts in RPGs.
Despite the fact that you may not like the little girl in the sewer or sewers at all, I hope you helped her out. >.>

Amir0x

Banned
what the fuck she's probably a monster or some shit! What type of little girl goes to the sewer!?

I ain't falling for these RPG traps!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You know how these things in RPGs go, sir.

1MOs8.jpg

Edit: Game involves time travel and "fixing things", remember? You might have to do certain dungeons that you don't like again if you don't do something the first time. :p

Trojita

Amir0x said:

I'm in agreement with you bro.

JEKKI

freakin Mist Spider wtheck.

cast poison item on him.

spend the rest of the match spamming phoenix down.

BAM! Mist Spider is dead.

what a scrubby azz fight o_O

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
^Casting Polaris and G-Fire + Poison (which you did) makes it a little easier. At least I didn't have to waste tons of turns trying to steal from it. Poison makes everything go well!

The "At Journey's End" sidequest...
well... that got awkward. I saw it coming, but it just felt meh. Suikoden II offered players a similar choice, only the circumstances were different and not romantic. I watch soap operas and yet this just felt strange and shoehorned in
. Ah, I'm almost done, I can taste it. AH Chapter 6.

Well I've trudged through about six hours now thinking I would eventually get hooked, and I think I'm done. I just don't find myself caring about any if the characters or anything. The battles are just not fun and Stocke is just unlikable to me as a main character. The time mechanic is a bit more annoying than I was expecting, especially having to sit through the same text and everything. I know I can fast skip the text with x but that still leaves all the animations and all the . . . bubbles. I wish I could just skip scenes after watching them before. Plus the fwsschk sound effect for every section of text is grating. Gonna shelf it for a while, maybe give it another shot in six months or so, or just sell it if I try it later and still don't have fun.

JodyAnthony said:
Well I've trudged through about six hours now thinking I would eventually get hooked, and I think I'm done. I just don't find myself caring about any if the characters or anything. The battles are just not fun and Stocke is just unlikable to me as a main character. The time mechanic is a bit more annoying than I was expecting, especially having to sit through the same text and everything. I know I can fast skip the text with x but that still leaves all the animations and all the . . . bubbles. Gonna shelf it for a while, maybe give it another shot in six months or so, or just sell it if I try it later and still don't have fun.
Alas, it is a great shame when somebody drops a game because they did not press the start button during a cutscene.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
hypersheep said:
Alas, it is a great shame when somebody drops a game because they did not press the start button during a cutscene.
Ahahahahahaha! I'm so deep into the game that I completely forgot whether the game told me I could skip cutscenes, or I had heard it on Atlus's livestream event. Anyway, it kinda isn't surprising that some people don't know they can skip scenes if it doesn't tell you in the text. Finally on AH Final Chapter. It's go time (after I finish some semantics homework at least).

Also, a great grind spot in AH Final Chapter is
Sand Fortress with the flies
, right?

Dark Schala said:
Also, a great grind spot in AH Final Chapter is
Sand Fortress with the flies
, right?
That's a great place, the Grey Wasps give tons of exp. According to the Japanese wikis, the first two enemies in the
Imperial Ruins
are good as well, because lots of enemies spawn in the groups. You can use Aht's Dancing Death x2 followed by Stocke's Will'o'Wisp and then Roshe's Haste Mode or Cross Pike to clear all the enemies in one turn.

Yuterald

The final, final dungeon is the best place for EXP. The imperial ruins are okay at that point if you are struggling, however. I got all my characters to LV99 in the dungeon after the Imperial Ruins. I suggest waiting to grind in the final dungeon as well since all the best equipment in the game is dropped from practically every enemy in there.

Grzi

Yuterald said:
I suggest waiting to grind in the final dungeon as well since all the best equipment in the game is dropped from practically every enemy in there.

And you have Eruca (<3) in your party.

Clott

This thread is such a tease, I bought the game but I am still waiting for the 3DS to come out....oh well, not like the is a drought of amazing games to play.

Trojita

hypersheep said:
I was shocked when I saw the same complaint in magazines.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aveyn Knight said:
That's a great place, the Grey Wasps give tons of exp. According to the Japanese wikis, the first two enemies in the
Imperial Ruins
are good as well, because lots of enemies spawn in the groups. You can use Aht's Dancing Death x2 followed by Stocke's Will'o'Wisp and then Roshe's Haste Mode or Cross Pike to clear all the enemies in one turn.

Yuterald said:
The final, final dungeon is the best place for EXP. The imperial ruins are okay at that point if you are struggling, however. I got all my characters to LV99 in the dungeon after the Imperial Ruins. I suggest waiting to grind in the final dungeon as well since all the best equipment in the game is dropped from practically every enemy in there.
Thanks, everyone (and Grzi--though I didn't want to highlight the spoiler by quoting)! And regarding AH Final Chapter spoilers:
they could have made Stocke’s true identity less obvious somehow. Stocke’s circumstances suck
. Into SH Final Chapter at Lv 62 Stocke. That's more than enough, right?

Trojita said:
I was shocked when I saw the same complaint in magazines.
I know, right? It's even in the MANUAL (p. 9).

daffy

Banned
Night_Trekker said:
Wish I had bought this when it was at a reasonable price :/
Hahaha me and you both pal! I was waiting to get a 3DS before buying, then I go to check my Amazon wishlist and see that shit sitting in there @ $60!

I thought it would stay down like 999.... fml :(

One thing I REALLY don't like about the game is the lack of unique bosses. Nearly all of them have either been palette swaps of generic enemies or just stronger generic enemies. Now I am only on chapter 3, but it's very annoying and a bigger deal for me than it would be for most people.

Grzi

cosmicblizzard said:
One thing I REALLY don't like about the game is the lack of unique bosses. Nearly all of them have either been palette swaps of generic enemies or just stronger generic enemies. Now I am only on chapter 3, but it's very annoying and a bigger deal for me than it would be for most people.

There will be more unique bosses near the end.

JEKKI said:
I didnt realize each hit levels up your combo level by 1... I noticed it when Aht's attack made the thing go up by 2...

and I'm on AH Ch.5... never noticed til now o_O

so I made a 30 hit combo video to celebrate my discovery!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL_jzfmwFrA

Brilliant!!
Something related to this that I only learned by the very end of the game (and after grinding everybody to Level 99), if you alternate between physical, magical, physical, magical... every attack from the 2nd one and onwards becomes an automatic "critical" and adds an extra hit to your combo meter.

Eg. Stocke's Power Wave -> Aht's Dancing Death -> Stocke's Power Wave -> Raynie's Fire

Normally that would give 1 + 7 + 1 + 1 hits, but since you're alternating between physical and magical you actually get 1 + (7 + 1) + (1 + 1) + (1 + 1).

I don't think this is mentioned anywhere in the game or manuals, I have read about it on places like GameFAQs, but I didn't understand it until now.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Damnit, I really want to play this, the prospect of a new good JRPG with a great story has me salivating....maybe in May, but I can't justify a new full price game every month for four months straight...

The_Technomancer said:
Damnit, I really want to play this, the prospect of a new good JRPG with a great story has me salivating....maybe in May, but I can't justify a new full price game every month for four months straight...

not to worry because it seems to be sold out everywhere o_O

botticus

If I'm struggling in AH: Final Chapter, do I need to start going back to look for skills I missed, or is grinding the best option? Not entirely sure I want to do either. Stocke's currently level 52, with everyone else spaced out below.
Got wiped out by the battle with the tiger and two blocks using Stocke, Aht, and Gafka; eventually got rid of the tiger, but I managed to get paralyzed shortly before so was unable to survive the remaining block onslaught.

botticus said:
If I'm struggling in AH: Final Chapter, do I need to start going back to look for skills I missed, or is grinding the best option? Not entirely sure I want to do either. Stocke's currently level 52, with everyone else spaced out below.
Got wiped out by the battle with the tiger and two blocks using Stocke, Aht, and Gafka; eventually got rid of the tiger, but I managed to get paralyzed shortly before so was unable to survive the remaining block onslaught.

i guess i'd suggest getting everyone, or at least your preferred party members, to level 60. as i've already mentioned, tho, sticking whenever possible with rainey (magic)/marco (buffs), i had no problem taking on anything using basically the same crude 'shove all together & nuke'm' strategy i'd used thru the whole game...

botticus

semiconscious said:
i guess i'd suggest getting everyone, or at least your preferred party members, to level 60. as i've already mentioned, tho, sticking whenever possible with rainey (magic)/marco (buffs), i had no problem taking on anything using basically the same crude 'shove all together & nuke'm' strategy i'd used thru the whole game...
I may have to go back to them in this case. Having the main damage dealer also be the best healer in my previous party could get tricky.

I never used Raynie and Marco all that much. I find that Gafka is an infinitely better mover, as in one move he can push everyone into the center tile. A team of Stocke, Raynie and Marco needs both Marco and Stocke to push, and I found Raynie's magic to be lackluster.

NichM

Banned
Night_Trekker said:
Wish I had bought this when it was at a reasonable price :/

There's a second print run in the works. It won't be a big one, so be ready to jump, but it is coming.

Top Bottom