• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

Volcynika

I can't even run the game on Steam.

It does the install part 1 of 1 (MS redistributable?)

Then it goes and puts me in game (doesn't load the screen, just lists me as in-game on Steam), then it crashes. Verified integrity and defragmented and everything.

I am sad.

Karak

FUUUUCCCCK

I guess I will keep playing the 360 version. I got the steam version but I am frightened to start it:(

trilobyte

Derrick01 said:
Why is it even detecting low settings? Compared to the specs you should be able to run it on near max. Damn they really fucked this up.

Oh I didn't notice the core 2 Duo part. That might explain some of the problem at least.

By low meaning I set it at the lowest res w/ no AA

ValleyJoe

Neo Member
I'm pretty shocked at how poorly this is running for me. Using no AA and Fraps is showing me running in the 30-45 range outdoors with drops down as low as 27 at some points. I'm using the new AMD rage drivers posted in this thread. It's very choppy and seems to fluctuate wildly sometimes hitting 60+ but mostly staying in the 40s.

Core i7 930@4.0
Radeon 6970 slightly oc'd
6 gigs ram

I would have expected my computer to eat this game up. Also getting all the texture loading issues everyone else is getting, and my game crashed when I tried to zone into the first mission :( Not a promising start.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So that ATI performance driver made things 1000 times worse. Now instead of texture pop in the game freezes every time it tries to load a texture, so it's just constant insane hitching.

What the fuck Carmack? What. The. Fuck.

delta25

Banned
dear god, now I'm feeling really good for not pre-ordering the PC version on steam.

PC gaf, how is the PC version in-comparison to the console version based on what you've seen from the console version?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
yeah something is really really wrong if people can't get the game running well or even running at all. this blows, i was excited.

Geoff9920

Well, I'm not touching this shit again until AMD and id get their act together. Fortunately, I've got Dark Souls to occupy my time until then.

delta25 said:
dear god, now I'm feeling really good for not pre-ordering the PC version on steam.

PC gaf, how is the PC version in-comparison to the console version based on what you've seen from the console version?
Cant compare the two, right now the pc version is pretty much unplayable for a majority of people it seems.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
EvilDick34 said:
Is it possible id sent the wrong data to Valve for pre-load?????? It sounds like this is some Alpha-Beta code.

Not even beta code would run like this. The shit is broken.

Aptos

OH yea! Graphics? Nailed it!

ld3Mg.jpg

EDIT: Switching on AA gives me black screen too :/

Can we make a new thread for the PC issues, so that the OT can function in terms of Gameplay impressions. Plus it would be nice to know as a PC gamer if the issues are fixed before I purchase the game.

NBtoaster

This has to be some kind of horrific bug because it was said they got the game running at 30fps on Intel cards. Hopefully this gets fixed before I get it this weekend.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Jesus BF3 alpha ran better than this :/ When a buggy Dice alpha/beta runs smoother on your pc than an Id Game you know things went wrong somewhere.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
SalsaShark said:
YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART JOHN

I bet you don't feel so bad about that delayed release date now!

The OT title certainly is ironic, by the way.

Derrick01

Banned
This has to be a dev build similar to what happened when Dead Island unlocked. I can't possibly believe they would fuck the real version up this bad.

I guess it could also be the new beta drivers too. AMD and Nvidia might not have been fully ready for the new openGl. I'm just running all the options through my head, because I'm not ready to believe id of all people would fuck the PC over like this.

Gvaz

Banned
So I found these images that shows off the amazing streaming

Before
iPS3l.jpg

After
C8q9p.jpg

Before
sBcL4.jpg

After
Lq6kA.jpg

I know I just got done saying I can deal with popin but that's just unacceptable. I hope it's fixed soon....

ValleyJoe

Neo Member
Doc Holliday said:
Jesus BF3 alpha ran better than this :/ When a buggy Dice alpha/beta runs smoother on your pc than an Id Game you know things went wrong somewhere.
Seriously. BF3 Alpha runs wonderfully on my computer. This has got to be some kind of bug issue. No way I shouldn't be hitting 60fps.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
phenom 2 X4 955
8GB ram
radeon HD 6800

i get pretty good fps 40-45 but the textures at the corners of the screen are all blurred from loading and there is a ton of screen tearing i really want this game to play smoothly its such a beautiful game fix it ID

No_Style

Now I don't mind that my PC version is a few days late.

felipepl said:
Damn, talk about Megaton. We need a thread title change. Like, now.

We really don't. A new thread for PC performance discussion should suffice.

Guys, unless anyone knows of a better place to post these problems please go to: www.rage.com and post these nasty problems in the Rage tech problems forums to get id's and Bethesda's attention.

Zimbardo

what is GPU Transcoding?

game seemed to run worse with that on. with that disabled, i was getting 60fps @ 1080p and 4xaa.

gtx460 1gig sli ...dunno if the game makes good use of SLI or not yet.

Derrick01

Banned
19 & 21 said:
Uploading footage of the first mission on PC now. Looks damn good. Really, really damn good.

GTX 460
8GB RAM
i5-2500k

Are you using the latest beta drivers? Are you getting lots of tearing or texture pop in?

Salsa

what if the "detect its own settings" thing is totally borked right now and its loading the game/pop-in stuff to the lowest setting for everyone?

Top Bottom