• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

(._.)

Banned
the game crashes instantly when I launch it. This is absolute bullshit. Is it just me or is anybody else having problems getting it to even run. What is the fuckin point of even doing a preload for everything bethesda releases if they simply wont run at midnight?

Volcynika

(._.) said:
the game crashes instantly when I launch it. This is absolute bullshit. Is it just me or is anybody else having problems getting it to even run. What is the fuckin point of even doing a preload for everything bethesda releases if they simply wont run at midnight?

Same here, crashes when I try to launch it, instantly.

Okay..the game actually does look REALLY good on my PC. But I still have texture load issues when turning the view most of the time. It's not gamebreaking for me but distracting, and I hope it's fixed because...well yeah. The game looks gorgeous and runs great aside from that. I uploaded some pics from the first 5 minutes on my steam profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vertigo-1/screenshots/

5A1ED54904E4ABBE3F0015434337C719BD36CA92

505A0DD8CD808431630A667A06A3EFD5EAF2198F

You can see the texture load issue on the right of that first pic.

My specs again:

i7 920
12 GB RAM
GTX 580

popokarimu

Neo Member
If anyone is instantly crashing, check your video card control panel to see if Triple Buffering is checked under OpenGL. That's what was causing it for me.

Now I just need the game to be in a playable state. :(

i5-2500k O.C at 4.5ghz
4gb ram
Radeon 6870

Same problems as a lot of people here are having. Ridiculous tearing, artifacting, slow texture loading and an unstable framerate.

Gvaz

Banned
People are now saying that the copy you got through steam is actually a dev copy ala Dead Island.

Or you know Kotaku could just be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

edit: I mentioned it later but this was a joke made on another forum, ignore.

Salsa

Gvaz said:
People are now saying that the copy you got through steam is actually a dev copy ala Dead Island.

Herewegoagain.gif

really hope its the case though, ha

schnarf said:
Maybe I am in the minority here, but I am having zero problems with the game so far.
i5 2500 8GB RAM GeForce 580

nice!

Wallach

Mutagenic said:
Phenom X6
8GB RAM
Radeon HD5780

Constant screen tear/texture load. 20fps on average.

Yeah. You can force VSync and TB for OpenGL via CCC, but it's still unplayable shit for AMD cards. Guess AMD did still get fucked, haha.

I'm tired as fuck and this turned out to be not worth staying up for. Real salty right now, fix this shit Guerilla.

OK, restarted my computer and got a popup recommending me a driver update. No shit ATI. No shit. ;P

Installed, boot the game, continue campaign. 25-35fps. But when I stood still for 6-8 seconds I could watch the fps climb its way to 60. Then if I shifted my view it would plummet back down to 28-30fps and build its way back up.

Then it started going black. Came back, went black again. Then "rage stopped working" and I was booted out. Great.

Killed RadeonPro to launch full vanilla, and it plays, but honestly at 25-35fps with a fuckton of texture pop in and tearing. Hold your gaze for a second and the world is OK, but exactly what you're looking at is the only thing that's loaded into memory it seems, because you turn even the slightest bit and like Dark City it has to recreate the world at the margins.

This is giant crap on a stick.

Here are my specs:

2x AMD Radeon 6950
i7 2600 Quad Core @ 3.89 Ghz
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
Liquid cooled

Peterthumpa

SalsaShark said:
what if the "detect its own settings" thing is totally borked right now and its loading the game/pop-in stuff to the lowest setting for everyone?
Maybe a plausible theory... but something is really messy.
They had 5 fucking years to develop this. They had (I believe) like... and unlimited budget to test this thing out on a myriad of PCs. They had John Carnack.

Really, signs of the world ending in 2012 are kinda clear now.

Fjordson

Watching my friend play a bit on 360. Looks beautiful. Kinda wish I had picked it up at midnight with him, but oh well. And lol, the Red Dead knife game is in here. Seems like there are a lot of minigames, pretty cool.

DevelopmentArrested said:
Ben Kuchera:

I can't help but think a lot of outlets aren't reviewing Rage, they're reviewing whether or not they'd like to get Skyrim early.
lakers-reaction.gif

I'd be the most corrupt games writer ever, tbh. 11/10 for Rage if it got me Skyrim early :p

Gvaz

Banned
Hrm. The kotaku thing might just be a rumor. Keep your eyes peeled I suppose D:

edit: i fell for a joke. im stupid

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Wallach said:
Yeah. You can force VSync and TB for OpenGL via CCC, but it's still unplayable shit for AMD cards. Guess AMD did still get fucked, haha.

I'm tired as fuck and this turned out to be not worth staying up for. Real salty right now, fix this shit Guerilla.
Dude, I would love to, but the CCC doesn't even OPEN for me, ever. Haha.

Spoo

These are my shadows.

What the fuck? Is it really this green?

sern0.jpg

Also, as can be seen, I have the stream issue as well for textures

Salsa

Gotta say im surprised at different reactions, i mean some people here are saying they have 0 issues with setups way worse than the ones that are having all these problems.

What a fuck up, but indeed it seems that there's just something wrong.

Derrick01

Banned
Gvaz said:

It has to be. Even Saints Row 2 on PC doesn't perform this badly on the types of computers that most of us are using for Rage, and that's widely regarded as one of the worst PC ports of all time.

and this is id...they couldn't have made it this bad. I refuse to believe it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LeonSKennedy90 said:
This made me laugh really hard for some reason
Best time of my life :lol

Chiggs

Gold Member
Mutagenic said:
ATI Rage driver performance impressions would be welcome as soon as you guys install them, thanks.

Okay, here's a summary.

20-35 FPS and everything looks like green shit.

Victrix

*beard*
Runs like shit. Crashed on launch, had to remove video folders to get it to run, got in, getting like 15fps, horrendous texture tearing.

Installed 'rage performance driver', now I get like 20-30 fps, horrendous texture tearing, and graphical glitches that look like my video card is dying.

i5, ati 6850.

I think I'm officially a console gamer now, if an id game does this shit to me, why bother?

What a trainwreck.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
SalsaShark said:
Gotta say im surprised at different reactions, i mean some people here are saying they have 0 issues with setups way worse than the ones that are having all these problems.

What a fuck up, but indeed it seems that there's just something wrong.

I think a lot of it is ATI specific. ATI cards always shit the bed with OpenGL stuff.

Wallach

All I can say is something is obviously just broken. The recommended card for AMD side is like half as fucking powerful as the 9800 GTX, so something must have happened between then and this shit-from-a-demon's-butt build.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I would like my $60.00 back. This is worse than Dead Island, quite frankly.

NBtoaster said:
I wonder if this is related to issues people had with the preload. Deleting and redownloading MIGHT help..

*Slits wrist*

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Chiggs said:
Okay, here's a summary.

20-35 FPS and everything looks like green shit.
Fantastic. Between you and sinatar, the results have been astounding. I guess I'll hold off on the update.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Holy good god, the texture pop-in is fucking terrible. CARMACK!!!!! YOU'VE FAILED MEEEEEEEE!!!!

Karak said:
Ok this looks to be almost soley ATI cards then. Well I have a 570gtx so I am going to try it out.
A couple people with nVidia cards are having issues as well.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Chiggs said:
I would like my $60.00 back. This is worse than Dead Island, quite frankly.

Me, too. This shit sucks. I made a tough decision to buy this over Dark Souls (getting it next paycheck instead). I should have reversed the order of those purchases.

Derrick01

Banned
NBtoaster said:
I wonder if this is related to issues people had with the preload. Deleting and redownloading MIGHT help..

If this happens to be the case, machines and ISPs everywhere will cry out at once only to be silenced by Steam crashing because everyone's downloading 23gb again.

Top Bottom