• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

HiiiLife

They could give him a "patch up animation" which solwly refills a teammates health while you press a button up to a maximum of 80. This would make patching up a teammate risky and you would have find a safe spot to do it.

Yeah I'd like this idea.

MajorTom

Yep. Seems to come with all copies. I might revisit it when I get bored of Siege... in a few months.

That's cool I guess.

I only paid £20 for Siege so thats pretty good value :p

Can't wait to play Siege tonight.
Couldn't play yesterday because i just moved house and my internet only activated today.

I'll put my UPlay details on the spreadsheet later.

Makikou

I just feel Twitch is kinda a weak OP.. or atleast her gimmick is. The taser bot is just completely meh.. but i use her if i feel theres no use for my other operators/everything is picked because she gets a F2 & 3 breach charges.

HiiiLife

Nothing worse than a player who doesn't play his or her role. Yes kid, you can use Thermite to destroy that fortified wall.

The rest of us cannot.

Please don't funnel us through the one entry point our opponents CLEARLY want us to go towards.

Speaking to them verbally doesn't work. Using the golden marker doesn't work either. Bout to start voting to boot.

Use the damn Recruit if you're playing just to "kill enemies".

Khrae

Just got this, played & enjoyed the closed beta so hopefully it's much the same but with more to do overall.

Added myself to the spreadsheet, I'm more about TH than pvp tho.

SomTervo

Only had about 25 minutes playtime for this yesterday - tried the first Situation about 7 times on Realistic.

Even though it was:

> one map,
> singleplayer,
> with pre-set enemy positions,
> with the default Operator
> and I failed 7 times

it was fun as fuck and I can't wait to jump back in.

I just feel Twitch is kinda a weak OP.. or atleast her gimmick is. The taser bot is just completely meh.. but i use her if i feel theres no use for my other operators/everything is picked because she gets a F2 & 3 breach charges.

Taser bot is a godsend in Terrorist Hunt. It lets you blow up the Nitro charges that Bombers leave stuck to walls in random places.

So basically you can zip in with her bot, quickly check each room until you find the Nitros, then neutralise the bomb threat.

nynt9

The game is great. Terrorist Hunt with less than a full team can be intense on some maps, and multiplayer is super tense, though I seem to get destroyed quite often. Slowly building up my skill set. The pacing is so good!

SomTervo

I got some of the most fun out of the Vegas games doing Terrorist Hunt by myself. I know this has a lone wolf mode, how many maps are available for that?

I'm pretty terrible at deathmatch type online shooters.

I'm willing to give this a shot for the MP, but want to know if the SP lone wolf was more than a few maps.

The terrorist hunt mode in this game is the best yet imo. More dynamic, intense, and teamwork-focused than ever before. The gunfeel is amazing, too.

It's 11 maps from launch, all of which have variants at 3 times of day, and all of which are 100% open with lots of destructible surfaces.

Xeilyn

I played the closed beta and thought it was ok but didnt play it enough to really get into it... But this type of shooter is so rare on console that i feel that i have to support it, just wish it was cheaper but i might trade in Halo 5 for it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Anyone else really liking the single player missions? I mean, there's not many of them, but they are surprisingly engaging. I could go for a lot more of these with even larger buildings.

HiiiLife

Anyone else really liking the single player missions? I mean, there's not many of them, but they are surprisingly engaging. I could go for a lot more of these with even larger buildings.

The fps drop on console dampers the experience so much...I kinda gave up on it. That goes for TH as well.

Makikou

Only had about 25 minutes playtime for this yesterday - tried the first Situation about 7 times on Realistic.

Even though it was:

> one map,
> singleplayer,
> with pre-set enemy positions,
> with the default Operator
> and I failed 7 times

it was fun as fuck and I can't wait to jump back in.

Taser bot is a godsend in Terrorist Hunt. It lets you blow up the Nitro charges that Bombers leave stuck to walls in random places.

So basically you can zip in with her bot, quickly check each room until you find the Nitros, then neutralise the bomb threat.

Sure sounds useful in PVE, i'm all about that PvP tho!

I like this game but I may by the worst at this game.

Yeah, I am enjoying the limited single player content that they gave us. It works as a tutorial.

SomTervo

Yes! They're bizarrely good. Totally knocking the 'no SP mode' complaints away for me.

And some of the maps have pretty big buildings, keep doing them.

Sure sounds useful in PVE, i'm all about that PvP tho!

I feel you, bub. It's probably useful against nitro charges, door/window-bombs and electrified objects in PVP? Perhaps it can take out cameras, too?

Makikou

I feel you, bub. It's probably useful against nitro charges, door/window-bombs and electrified objects in PVP? Perhaps it can take out cameras, too?

Yeah but it's so easily countered by Mute and in general easy to just shoot down (granted it is possible to cause mayhem sometimes w/ the drones especially in preparation).

Actually had a full squad of 5 and on the Bank level, two of us went to the vault area with the drones.. 4 guys start chasing us off while we jump and swerve to the blown access to sewer tunnels.. aaand one of them teamkills a team member with a shotgun while trying to shoot us. Lots of laughs were had.

h3ad0rZ

Yeah but it's so easily countered by Mute and in general easy to just shoot down (granted it is possible to cause mayhem sometimes w/ the drones especially in preparation).
It has enough range to destroy Mutes jammer, unless maybe its placed very tricky. Its also a pretty strong ability when playing with friends, you can scout and pass a lot of information along.

Makikou

It has enough range to destroy Mutes jammer, unless maybe its placed very tricky. Its also a pretty strong ability when playing with friends, you can scout and pass a lot of information along.

Hmm maybe i was not careful enough? Will have a go at it again!

I enjoyed them while waiting for friends to log on.
Hopefully Ubisoft will add new situations when dlc drops.

SomTervo

Maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow. But after constantly playing the buttery smooth MP then transitioning I nto TH, it's too jarring for me. Hopefully I'll adjust.

You'll definitely adjust, it's how the brain works - but it takes a good 30-60 minutes to do so.

If you're going to try T-Hunt, start on T-Hunt. Don't start on PVP then move over to T-Hunt! It's a bad idea!

On PC, both are 60+FPS, so I'm dandy.

Tak3n

Banned
well the community on PC is strangely friendly at the moment, i stupidly threw a grenade in a hostage room, of course instant failure, I though here we go a torrent of abuse, but it was just laughing, and going, fuck that hostage guy....

also I keep getting 'disconnected from host' in terrorist hunt? are they p2p servers?

Gaz_RB

well the community on PC is strangely friendly at the moment, i stupidly threw a grenade in a hostage room, of course instant failure, I though here we go a torrent of abuse, but it was just laughing, and going, fuck that hostage guy....

also I keep getting 'disconnected from host' in terrorist hunt? are they p2p servers?

Yeah, everyone I've played with has been super nice. And yes, THunt is P2P.

Is there server browsing or is it all matchmaking? MM pretty much is going to keep me away from the game on PC as it seems to mean slow deaths to games over time.

Is there server browsing or is it all matchmaking? MM pretty much is going to keep me away from the game on PC as it seems to mean slow deaths to games over time.

It's matchmaking but I think in this type of game with 5v5 being the standard gamemode it's better than a browser with transient joiners and leavers. I'm still <lvl 20 so I can't access it yet but I hope ranked mode has leavers penalties and stuff like CSGO does.

The downside is times like now where the matchmaking service appears to be offline.

piccolo85

It's matchmaking but I think in this type of game with 5v5 being the standard gamemode it's better than a browser with transient joiners and leavers. I'm still <lvl 20 so I can't access it yet but I hope ranked mode has leavers penalties and stuff like CSGO does.

The downside is times like now where the matchmaking service appears to be offline.

In the beta you were locked out of ranked play for 15 Minutes if you left a game.

Gaz_RB

I feel like I need to go door to door and spread the good word of Rainbow Six Siege. People are sleeping on this game.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

Yep, haven't had a single rude or team killing person on my team once. Pretty awesome.

Last night someone said "you know you don't need to breach that," to which the other team mate replied "BUT I WANT TO!" He breaches, and we accidentally shoot the hostage. Laughter ensues.

Yeah, whatever issues I had with the beta seem to have been dealt with for the final game. It worked for me in my, albeit short, experience last night on Xbox One.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I haven't been able to get into a single terrorist hunt match on XO. It has worked on PC and PS4, but when I try to join a game on XO, it just boots me to the main menu every single time. PvP works fine, though. Getting frustrated.

I haven't been able to get into a single terrorist hunt match on XO. It has worked on PC and PS4, but when I try to join a game on XO, it just boots me to the main menu every single time. PvP works fine, though. Getting frustrated.
For your videos? Yeah that sucks.

Deception

I've been using Twitch because I love her rifle primary, that thing does one burst kills if you hit the entire first burst. And the shock is really good for clearly out jammers, trip mines and barbed wire. Also if you manage to hit an operater with the bolt I think it does 75 damage which is amazing but is only really viable for an assist or two. My favorite thing to do is to get to an elevated position, shot a hole in a window, throw the shock drone in, and take out as much defense as I can lol

Sectus

The scenario and cut-scenes after the 10 situations is awesome! Why couldn't they design a whole game like that? Also the map is unique, I bet it's one of the future DLC maps?

Another note, I'm surprised no one is hosting custom games on PC yet. There are tons of options and it's really simple to setup.

Both of those features are not working for me. I did the first 10 situations, but the last one does nothing when I click on it. Same thing when I try to host an online custom game. The button just does nothing. LAN custom game works though.

pislit

I hope there is an option to play with friends in Situations. Ramp up the difficulty or set other ridic objectives. It is fun playing alone, I think it will be funner with friends.

orhnsnmz

I really love the game so far and think it can become huge in Esports, but the 60$ asking price is WAY too heavy, there is not enough content to justify that price IMO.

I bought the game at around 30 Euros yesterday, which I think would've been the perfect price point, especially if they want this to be become an Esports entity.

Top Bottom