• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

MajorTom

So I just played for about an hour on PC.
It runs great.
I dont have a great pc so I'm super happy with how it runs.

I haven't changed any settings yet but i might not bother.
I seem to be getting about 100 fps on average. Might lock it to 60 though because my fans get a bit loud.

I saw some great Sledge work last night it convinced me to pick him first for my attacker unlock. Love that hammer.

Hereford. basement. 2v1, last defender is posted up in a corner behind a shield against a wall. 1 guy waits in the room across the hall aiming at the spot, Sledge knocks a hole in the wall, pulls back and the other guy lights him up.

Since that I've just been putting holes in walls and picking people off. In that Winter Chalet 3 posted up in the Kitchen, I put a hole in the wall across one, then open fire. Repeat 3 times, Attackers win. Did it in a bedroom a round later.

How varied are the 11 maps?

I've only played 4 that weren't part of the beta, one was an embassy, another like a winter lodge in the mountains, another was like a David Koresh compound, and finally just imagine someone made a level out of the movie Air Force One.

I have yet to check, but does UPlay support groups/clans like Steam? Would love to get a PCGaf group going to balance out the random matchmaking.

JackEtc

So, after logging into my Gamestop rewards account for the first time....ever, I had enough points to get $20 PSN credit. That, on top of a 20% PSN coupon I had, means I just picked this up for $28!

Psyched to start playing! Had a blast in the beta, just couldn't justify full retail for this. But $28?! Couldn't pass up.

I've played one from the beta and one Airplane map of a huge plane that's been grounded and a biker bar/strip club with a tunnel underground leads to what looks like a meth warehouse and server room. Over pretty varied from my little time with it.

Gaz_RB

Quite varied. No Forge copy/paste going on here. I haven't run into one I didn't like yet, so that's something. The ability to smash through walls and the fun of finding all the little nooks and crannies and secret entrances is enough to make the maps feel like some of the densest maps in the multiplayer field right now. Every map feels lived in and, as Ubisoft says in one of their trailers "intimate". There's just something about knowing your enemy could come from any direction that is just thrilling. And when they outsmart you, you feel respect for them rather than that typical anger.
Isn't it 11 total?

Play tonight? When do you get on?

If you'd be willing to teach a total dumbass who has zero idea what he's doing, I'd love to play with you and coordinate via mic!

Add me on PC: Skel1ingt0n

... granted, guess you might be console, huh?

Yeah, sadly I'm on console. Well, not sadly for me, I would be trash on PC.

Otherwise I would play with you.

Thanks, guys. Still waiting for some of these reviews but it's sounding like a purchase will be needed.

It never hurts to wait, especially on MP focused games. But it's seriously very good.

The way the operators all bring something different and unique to the table is awesome. One can make doors bullet proof, one has a heartbeat scanner, one can booby trap walls, one has a grenade launcher that instantly breeches walls, so on and so forth. And the way the destruction plays out it means each fight can play out in drastically different ways. Which adds a lot to the replayability.

One game the other team had barricaded every possible door and window and punched a hole in the bottom of every one making going up to one a very tense process as you feel like there could be a guy camping at the bottom of every door. It was clever as shit. That was until the girl with the shock drone decided to clear each broken doorway and found 2 guys in 2 different rooms that WERE there camping. It was such a relief. She could stun then, I could sledge the door for quick entry and the third guy would storm in and put em' down.

On PC people have been surprisingly friendly and most seem to have a mic, which was/is a surprise to me.

There's just something about knowing your enemy could come from any direction that is just thrilling. And when they outsmart you, you feel respect for them rather than that typical anger.

Very true. It feels like that Jurassic Park guy that gets tricked by the raptors. Whenever someone surprises me I always catch my self saying, "Clever girl".

SomTervo

There's just something about knowing your enemy could come from any direction that is just thrilling. And when they outsmart you, you feel respect for them rather than that typical anger.

So true. It actually reminds me of The Last of Us's multiplayer in this respect.

Also feel free to add me up. I don't get much time to play online but every couple of weeks I crack in a few-hour-long sesh. UPlay is Som_Tervo.

Multiplayer is too addictive for my own good.

Basically the opposite feeling you get from Battlefront 2015. :p

That's because nowadays, they didn't outsmart you. They just happened to bumble around the right corner at the wrong time. Heck, they might have even spawned right there, or around the corner from you. If you're especially unlucky, maybe they'll have an active super (Destiny) ready to fry you without a fighting chance.

A lot of modern games are full of bullshit and no one likes being cheated out of their success by the games systems, hence a lot of frustration is incurred.

Siege and The Last of Us are the only current generation games that typically aren't like that. That I have played.

SomTervo

That's because nowadays, they didn't outsmart you. They just happened to bumble around the right corner at the wrong time. Heck, they might have even spawned right there, or around the corner from you. If you're especially unlucky, maybe they'll have an active super (Destiny) ready to fry you without a fighting chance.

A lot of modern games are full of bullshit and no one likes being cheated out of their success by the games systems, hence a lot of frustration is incurred.

Siege and The Last of Us are the only current generation games that typically aren't like that. That I have played.

Word, you babe.

Add me on UPlay if you're on PC.

Brockxz

I love this game and I hope there will be healthy community at least two or more years. I'm a little bit sick of all CoD, Battlefield and so on run and gun and get killed from spawned enemy behind you. Finally I can feel safe noone will spawn behind me except someone has outsmarted me and got behind me.

uncapped

loving this game. Terrorist hunt will take up many hours with my buddies I think. It's not easy either. the AI is pretty tough.

Gritesh

Played the beta....hated it.

Had the game preordered anyways and didn't cancel the preorder so it showed up in my mailbox yesterday. Decided to give it another go.

So happy I did.

I got into a group with 4 other guys using mics last night and we played together like a complete unit.

So awesome rappelling up a wall to outside a barricaded window with another guy,set a guy up on the roof with a breach charge into the room and count down from 3. All of us breach the room from different angles and clean sweep the room.

This game is brilliant.

Honestly the game is priced too high though I got it on an old e3 preorder so I paid 40 Canadian for it. Feel like that's about what its worth, also feel like this would have better legs on PC than console too.

My .02

StewboaT_

To everyone that is on the fence, just do it, you won't regret it. This game is seriously fucking awesome. This is the first game in a long time on consoles where meeting a random stranger on the mic is actually a pleasant experience. Such a shame regarding terrorist hunt, though. I find the 30fps to be totally unplayable, which is really strange because normally I don't have a problem with it at all. Oh well, the 5v5 pvp will keep me going for a long time. Here's to hoping that the game has some legs.

Camper182

Was in a match and 3 other randoms that had mics too and we cooperated trough 6 consecutive games, it was awesome! This has never happened to me on console games.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This game is extremely appealing to me. I've been watching streams and it seems just... right. Nice pacing, smart design, good balance of elements, free of a lot of bullshit, and apparently content updates will be free so no split community? Fantastic. MGSV and RotTR arrive in the mail tomorrow so I'll be busy for right now, but this is definitely on my mind for Christmas.

Gaz_RB

I'll be on around 10 CST tonight. Got myself a dinner date.
eyebrows.gif

Good luck. I might be on about then.

So I played a bunch of this last night. My god it is so fucking good. I just have one question though, I played like 6 matches of T Hunt and every time we got the bomb disposal one. Is there anyway to play online with randoms but pick which T Hunt mode you get? I really want to try classic.

eyebrows.gif

Good luck. I might be on about then.

hahah dude, I'm fucking dying over here, this fucking gif lol

So I played a bunch of this last night. My god it is so fucking good. I just have one question though, I played like 6 matches of T Hunt and every time we got the bomb disposal one. Is there anyway to play online with randoms but pick which T Hunt mode you get? I really want to try classic.

In the options there is a Matchmaking preferences option that you can go into and select which modes you would like to matchmake into

I won't be on till late tonight because I'm playing locals on Ultra Street Fighter IV.

But late for me is probably early for you American's.

Though I also need to induct a friend of mine into the game. So I'm probably going to spend a little time showing him the ropes.

---

Here's an unrelated question.

I was wondering, if when we play in a party (@PS4 people, Gaz etc), we can all turn on 'allow recording of my microphone'? This way I can record our communication, with the gameplay. It contextualises what's going on a lot better when it includes the communication and I wanted to use some vids to show some friends what this game is all about.

Don't worry if you don't want me recording our mics though, I won't do it. It's just a bit awkward on my recordings thus far, as I have my coms but no one elses, so it's just me talking to myself :p

hahah dude, I'm fucking dying over here, this fucking gif lol

In the options there is a Matchmaking preferences option that you can go into and select which modes you would like to matchmake into

Thank you! I will have to check that out.

Man I played a match on a maps that was filled with yellow smoke last night. It was crazy you couldnt see 2 feet in front of your face, I cant imagine beating that map.

Gaz_RB

Here's an unrelated question.

I was wondering, if when we play in a party (@PS4 people, Gaz etc), we can all turn on 'allow recording of my microphone'? This way I can record our communication, with the gameplay. It contextualises what's going on a lot better when it includes the communication and I wanted to use some vids to show some friends what this game is all about.

Don't worry if you don't want me recording our mics though, I won't do it. It's just a bit awkward on my recordings thus far, as I have my coms but no one elses, so it's just me talking to myself :p

Haha just remind us to turn it on next time, I certainly don't mind!

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I'm thinking of creating one purely about how great the singleplayer/co-op offering is

So the sp – even if it's in mission form (?) – is decent enough? Been on the fence about this game, I prefer playing singleplayer or multiplayer alone without a mic so I can listen to podcast while I'm at it :p

It never hurts to wait, especially on MP focused games. But it's seriously very good.

The way the operators all bring something different and unique to the table is awesome. One can make doors bullet proof, one has a heartbeat scanner, one can booby trap walls, one has a grenade launcher that instantly breeches walls, so on and so forth. And the way the destruction plays out it means each fight can play out in drastically different ways. Which adds a lot to the replayability.

One game the other team had barricaded every possible door and window and punched a hole in the bottom of every one making going up to one a very tense process as you feel like there could be a guy camping at the bottom of every door. It was clever as shit. That was until the girl with the shock drone decided to clear each broken doorway and found 2 guys in 2 different rooms that WERE there camping. It was such a relief. She could stun then, I could sledge the door for quick entry and the third guy would storm in and put em' down.

On PC people have been surprisingly friendly and most seem to have a mic, which was/is a surprise to me.

Very true. It feels like that Jurassic Park guy that gets tricked by the raptors. Whenever someone surprises me I always catch my self saying, "Clever girl".

To everyone that is on the fence, just do it, you won't regret it. This game is seriously fucking awesome. This is the first game in a long time on consoles where meeting a random stranger on the mic is actually a pleasant experience. Such a shame regarding terrorist hunt, though. I find the 30fps to be totally unplayable, which is really strange because normally I don't have a problem with it at all. Oh well, the 5v5 pvp will keep me going for a long time. Here's to hoping that the game has some legs.

Welp.

UXtnJo8.png

Gaz_RB

So the sp – even if it's in mission form (?) – is decent enough? Been on the fence about this game, I prefer playing singleplayer or multiplayer alone without a mic so I can listen to podcast while I'm at it :p

The SP is good and fun, but not worth $60. Try to find it on sale, or maybe rent it.

Animator

Yea this is the only MP game I played where everyone is super respectful and nobody curses at you and question your sexual orientation when they win/lose.

And it has to do with every map and weapon being perfectly balanced. If you lose it is because you got outsmarted and nothing else. Kudos to ubi for making such a balanced game. It is not an easy thing to do with 18 OP's with unique abilities.

I am extremely impressed with how each OP change the gameplay strategy in unique ways yet none of them are overpowered or underpowered.

DMTripper

My word, reading all these glowing posts is gonna make me go and buy the game...

I really don't wanna buy more games :-D

Gaz_RB

My word, reading all these glowing posts is gonna make me go and buy the game...

I really don't wanna buy more games :-D

Just think: there's nothing else really coming out in the next few months. Buy this and theeennn lock up the wallet.

JackEtc

Played my first few games (PS4). Super intense, just like the beta. Headphones definitely required. I've only been playing randoms and it's been fun, I gotta get some of my friends to grab this asap.

Also, is Amazon out of Siege copies???

Top Bottom