• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

So that free weekend huh? Do they not have some sort of free rotation of operators or something? I went into a match only with the recruit as an option. Do you have to commit to unlocking a character before you even get to try it?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
DSIII owns me right now, but this game beckons. Fun vid Heavy, making worst weapon in the game actually look viable. Well done.

So that free weekend huh? Do they not have some sort of free rotation of operators or something? I went into a match only with the recruit as an option. Do you have to commit to unlocking a character before you even get to try it?

Watch all the tutorial vids for an easy free 800 renown.

J.G.

Neo Member
Okay, but you do have to buy an operator before you can try them out?

Technically yes, but the Situations let you use some of the operators such as Ash or Thermite against AI; the challenges in Situations also offer 200+ renown each

The SAS/FBI SWAT/GIGN Recruit, Ash, Glaz, Smoke, IQ, Thermite, Kapkan, and Thatcher are playable in the Situations

So this games suddenly unplayable for me now.

I've got some sort of bug where the aiming is always really choppy and stuttering across the screen. Almost as if you're lagging, but only while aiming / turning. Everything else is fine and my ping was under 50.

Tried googling around it and people suggested resetting deadzone stuff to default, I did that but it didn't work.

Any suggestions? Otherwise I can't play this anymore. Not much point in playing a shooter where you can't aim accurately. It just jerks and stutters all over the place, causing me to drop kills very consistently as its a persistent problem.

---

Technically yes, but the Situations let you use some of the operators such as Ash or Thermite against AI; the challenges in Situations also offer 200+ renown each

The SAS/FBI SWAT/GIGN Recruit, Ash, Glaz, Smoke, IQ, Thermite, Kapkan, and Thatcher are playable in the Situations

You can use all of their guns on recruit and most of the abilities are pretty straightforward.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

I've got some sort of bug where the aiming is always really choppy and stuttering across the screen. Almost as if you're lagging, but only while aiming / turning. Everything else is fine and my ping was under 50.

Tried googling around it and people suggested resetting deadzone stuff to default, I did that but it didn't work.

Any suggestions? Otherwise I can't play this anymore. Not much point in playing a shooter where you can't aim accurately. It just jerks and stutters all over the place, causing me to drop kills very consistently as its a persistent problem.
I've had that ADS/turning stutter since launch... I thought everyone did.

Massa

---

You can use all of their guns on recruit and most of the abilities are pretty straightforward.

Are you on PS4? Could be a faulty controller.

Strangely I never noticed it until the last patch.

I played the game a week ago and it was fine, but today it was awful. It's actually painful to play in my opinion.

And yeah I'm on PS4.

I couldn't even turn horizontally around corners without experiencing it, it wasn't just some of the time, but all of the time.

I didn't try other controllers but my controller works on every other game. Doom, Battleborn, Destiny, Division, Ratchet and Clank, play fine with my current controller.

It seems to be a pretty common issue for people, having googled it, lots of people have reported the same issue all the way back to September, but I did not experience it before. My aiming was not like this before, something has triggered the bug or whatever.

patchday

When my old ps4 controller went bad I first only noticed it in one game. didnt really know it was broken for sure until I got a new controller and the issue was gone

Moral of the story is- when in doubt buy a new controller. that's all there is to it your aim obviously shouldnt be all over the place. Your Right Stick will be first to go

* Some games have higher sensitivity then others btw. This is why you might only notice in Rainbow. Still to this day my broken controller works in majority of games

When my old ps4 controller went bad I first only noticed it in one game. didnt really know it was broken for sure until I got a new controller and the issue was gone

Moral of the story is- when in doubt buy a new controller. that's all there is to it your aim obviously shouldnt be all over the place. Your Right Stick will be first to go

* Some games have higher sensitivity then others btw. This is why you might only notice in Rainbow. Still to this day my broken controller works in majority of games

I have 5 DS4s so I'll give it a go with another one.

Edit: You guys were right, it was the controller. God damn it. :(

I would have rathered Siege was broken. Controllers are expensive.

Now I only have two good ones out of five. Random deadzone and other issues on the others.

patchday

odd that your controller is broken because I played with you other day (I'm sandboxgod on PS4) and you got like 13+ kills after proclaiming to return from a 2-3 month break lol

I wonder was it broken then or did it get broken while spanking newbies on Battleborn :)

patchday

good grief I hope this bad weather leaves my area. this freakin Lightning storm caused my ps4 to shutdown while playing Rainbow. I was having an amazing game with Ash with a bunch of kills too

worse- we wer ein Overtime with only 3 defenders. my team really needed me too

odd that your controller is broken because I played with you other day (I'm sandboxgod on PS4) and you got like 13+ kills after proclaiming to return from a 2-3 month break lol

I wonder was it broken then or did it get broken while spanking newbies on Battleborn :)

It wasn't broken then it was broken today :( that's what I mean, quite sudden, but works fine on the other FPS I've been playing (Battleborn, Doom).

I did play for 2-3 hours with some buddies today with the broken controller constantly thinking the game was broken. Makes me realise if I can do relatively well even when the controller is busted, that Siege is much more focused on strategy and such than accuracy. I was top of team on more than one of the games even with the controller, nothing like 13-1 but positive and doing well. I ended up getting frustrated as I was getting on flanks, seeing 2-3 unaware players infront of me, then dropping the kills because my aim was busted. This seemed to be where it was hitting me the worst, when trying to switch between targets quickly mid-firefight, and things like that.

Now I'm using my anniversary PS4 controller. That controller drifts left all the time on the left stick unless I increase the deadzone. That's fine on Siege, but on Trackmania it drives my car into the left side wall constantly. Brilliant.

DS4 build quality isn't great.

patchday

Yeah I am learning there's so much that goes into Siege. Starting to regularly get kills and sometimes finish at the leader. Need to work on my end game clutch plays when all teammates dead. I wonder if people fear being solo so they rush in first (attackers) and get killed so they don't have the pressure of having 4 dead men watching

Yeah DS4 controllers just not too durable. My X button on my 2nd controller is pushed in a bit too much. Want to get another eventually. So expensive these things

kvk1

i watched the league a lot, but being a good camera man for that game seems to require an own skill set. the spectator mode is great but seemingly diffcult to master for broadcasting...

Yeah, for sure. I also think they stay a little too long on the top-down view. It feels like I'm watching a Door Kickers game half the time.

If they went first-person right after the preparation phase, or just minimized it to the lower left or right of the screen, it would be much better.

i watched the league a lot, but being a good camera man for that game seems to require an own skill set. the spectator mode is great but seemingly diffcult to master for broadcasting...

Some of my friends and I were discussing this and how it wasn't presented that well despite an impressive toolset.

Do you think that things could be better on the software side? It seems that the broadcasters often miss key moments with bad cameraing. Everything happens in a flash and they miss it. Do you think it would be a better if they could engage some sort of live-replay feature that focused on the last kill, for instance?

Yeah, I've seen moments where they're literally in the POV of a player who is lining up someone in his sights, and they cut to someone else. This is after they implemented the third-person death cam, so it wasn't that the person just got killed all of a sudden, either.

Detox

Have to echo the thoughts on the pro stuff. I don't know how they do it, but the camerawork on csgo streams are awesome.

vsMIC

Some of my friends and I were discussing this and how it wasn't presented that well despite an impressive toolset.

Do you think that things could be better on the software side? It seems that the broadcasters often miss key moments with bad cameraing. Everything happens in a flash and they miss it. Do you think it would be a better if they could engage some sort of live-replay feature that focused on the last kill, for instance?

can not comment on the technical capabilities of the spectator mode, just watched it on streams.

what i meant is that the cameraman needs to be a pretty experienced player to quickly judge which key moments of the match to show. some cuts are also just too quick. before you can orientate camera is already switching to next. and often it felt like key moments were just missed, like thermite breaching the wall of the objective room etc.

i am sure it will get better over time... or i adapt...

btw love the game, hopefully ubi continues the support and is serious with their long term plan...

andycapps

Yeah, for sure. I also think they stay a little too long on the top-down view. It feels like I'm watching a Door Kickers game half the time.

If they went first-person right after the preparation phase, or just minimized it to the lower left or right of the screen, it would be much better.
Yeah the top down view is useless after the first few seconds to see who is going to roam and who is defending. After that I can't make out what each player is doing.

Timing is definitely something I feel like they could work on when showing different perspectives but this is only the first round so maybe they're still finding their way.

moai

So did they announced something about new operators? I thought it was going to be on monday with the pro league games.

J.G.

Neo Member
Does anyone here have any tips? I'm new to this game and it's quite different compared to Battlefield and COD

Tips from the top of my head

• Pump shotguns are usually ass with the exception of Frost's Super 90
  • Keep in mind the recoil pattern of each gun that appears in the bottom right in the weapon customization menu
  • Flash hiders can have the same effect as compensators in tightening recoil
  • Keep your crosshairs often at head height
  • Put Frost's bear traps behind shields; if placed at windows, keep in mind that it's far enough away that if someone rapelled in, they would actually fall onto the trap
  • Some operators only "work" at the beginning of a match, such as Rook who should immediately drop the armor bag or Jager with his ADS's, while other operators such as Smoke or Doc need to make sure they can last the match so they can pitch in
  • With this in mind, operators who can immediately do their job should focus on barricading important spots such as roof hatches
  • Don't immediately nail in your barricades if you're Castle; wait until roamers are done barricading or etc. so they can leave the room
  • Glaz's gun can shoot through Castle walls, along with the glass windows on Plane
  • Having at least one person near the objective having C4 is ideal in order to counter shields
  • Different surfaces produce differents amounts of noise as you move on them; carpet allows you to run silently essentially, while wood is almost always crouch walk
  • Fuze's gadget can still be useful against barricaded walls, as barricades do not cover the entirety of walls, leaving a sweet spot where the gadget can be planted
  • Map memorization is a must; try to predict where opfor would be hiding as you approach a room
  • Be wary of suspicious holes in walls or doors
  • Thatcher's EMP grenade has enough range that it can be detonated above the objective to clear the room below; it's ideal to use his grenade before Fuze or Thermite can use his gadget to eliminate ADS's or Mute's scrambler
  • Keep as narrow a line of sight as you can, and know how many angles are on you as well
  • Sound is very important to keep in mind; where you hear it come from is not where the sound is, but the shortest route between you and the source of the sound
  • Don't immediately spot someone on drones; instead just call them out on mikes if you can so that opfor is not alerted to your presence
  • Use Fuze exclusively for Hostage
    /s

Tips from the top of my head

• Pump shotguns are usually ass with the exception of Frost's Super 90
  • Keep in mind the recoil pattern of each gun that appears in the bottom right in the weapon customization menu
  • Flash hiders can have the same effect as compensators in tightening recoil
  • Keep your crosshairs often at head height
  • Put Frost's bear traps behind shields; if placed at windows, keep in mind that it's far enough away that if someone rapelled in, they would actually fall onto the trap
  • Some operators only "work" at the beginning of a match, such as Rook who should immediately drop the armor bag or Jager with his ADS's, while other operators such as Smoke or Doc need to make sure they can last the match so they can pitch in
  • With this in mind, operators who can immediately do their job should focus on barricading important spots such as roof hatches
  • Don't immediately nail in your barricades if you're Castle; wait until roamers are done barricading or etc. so they can leave the room
  • Glaz's gun can shoot through Castle walls, along with the glass windows on Plane
  • Having at least one person near the objective having C4 is ideal in order to counter shields
  • Different surfaces produce differents amounts of noise as you move on them; carpet allows you to run silently essentially, while wood is almost always crouch walk
  • Fuze's gadget can still be useful against barricaded walls, as barricades do not cover the entirety of walls, leaving a sweet spot where the gadget can be planted
  • Map memorization is a must; try to predict where opfor would be hiding as you approach a room
  • Be wary of suspicious holes in walls or doors
  • Thatcher's EMP grenade has enough range that it can be detonated above the objective to clear the room below; it's ideal to use his grenade before Fuze or Thermite can use his gadget to eliminate ADS's or Mute's scrambler
  • Keep as narrow a line of sight as you can, and know how many angles are on you as well
  • Sound is very important to keep in mind; where you hear it come from is not where the sound is, but the shortest route between you and the source of the sound
  • Don't immediately spot someone on drones; instead just call them out on mikes if you can so that opfor is not alerted to your presence
  • Use Fuze exclusively for Hostage

Wow, thanks for the tips! I really hope I like this game.

I think he's joking because Fuze is not the ideal team member for Hostage.

He may have been joking but if you're playing in random lobbies then taking Fuze every time is viable as it ensures some random doesn't use him to kill the hostage.

With power comes responsibility and all that, and some players are not ready to have the responsibility that comes with packing an additional 10 grenades

Hey guys, does anyone know of a way to COMPLETELY remove the HUD on the PC version? Will I need to edit an .ini file or some shit? It's making it difficult for me to make my machinima film.

The game has been out for so long, I can't believe the community is still this toxic/incompetent. Still getting so many teamkills, dudes without a clue what they're doing, not finishing matches, etc etc.

It's so easy and yet so hard to like this game.

The game has been out for so long, I can't believe the community is still this toxic/incompetent. Still getting so many teamkills, dudes without a clue what they're doing, not finishing matches, etc etc.

It's so easy and yet so hard to like this game.

Same. Free Weekend was a nightmare as well. I dont run into too many toxic people but I do run into alot of people who don't know what they are doing and/or fail to communicate with the team. Be also need to understand that you need to be patient in this game.

Klyka

Banned
yBTo08x.jpg

Tomorrow we will know more!

KodaRuss

Tomorrow we will know more!

Perfect time to get back into Siege since the division is a shitshow right now.

I played a couple matches for the first time in probably a month and didnt do well but the game crashed on me twice...

Regardless I need to brush up on it again.

Top Bottom