• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

andycapps

Weird you'd think they would promote the new operators more
Any other developer and I'd agree. I think they bit off more than they could chew with trying to get this thing into pro leagues immediately along with a pretty aggressive operator and map rollout. Their strategy seems to be to announce when they think something is ready to go rather than weeks in advance.

patchday

Yeah I'd like to find out what new operators are

-------

Man I must be blessed. I see Team Kills still but its on enemy team. Last night I saw a "Doc" kill their own hostage and screw his team over. I think it was late in the game too. I cant help but wonder maybe he was pissed at his team cause the previous round when they were attacking I got 2 of them easily (shot them in the back while defending as Smoke). Then at end of the round it was 1v1 with like 1 min left. I run down stairs and hide where I can see the hostage and the attacker just strolls right in front of me. So got 3 easy kills that match and not a scratch on me really

The highest level player on the team wasn't playing and the competition got a little easier? I'm sure it did. I'm sure my level brings higher level competition even though my level doesn't mean I am good.

Speaking of that, I'll post a Chronospherics like non-humble brag.

TLOU has a better netcode.

Second game this weekend:

Your post made me want to hop on TLOU :D

Cf-bSJAWsAI2uPv.jpg:large

I don't really play it though, I dismissed the MP when it came out and I really regret that. I stuck to playing Uncharted 3 but I did come to realise TLOU was a lot better. Some of my friends still play TLOU and UC3 competitively on fragged nation, the game has strong albeit small community.

Your post made me want to hop on TLOU :D

Cf-bSJAWsAI2uPv.jpg:large

I don't really play it though, I dismissed the MP when it came out and I really regret that. I stuck to playing Uncharted 3 but I did come to realise TLOU was a lot better. Some of my friends still play TLOU and UC3 competitively on fragged nation, the game has strong albeit small community.

You're so ridiculously cocky. 😉

You're so ridiculously cocky. 😉

I'm just messing with you :p

Seriously though if it bugs you then I'm sorry. I don't intend to be abrasive or anything like that. I'm fully aware that you're good at R6 and games generally too. A big part of why I enjoy multiplayer games is that I enjoy being good at them and doing well, and I've always enjoyed collecting snapshots and whatnot to demonstrate that. I don't ever mean to do that in a way that puts anyone else down or makes them feel unhappy about their experiences.

I'm just messing with you :p

Seriously though if it bugs you then I'm sorry. I don't intend to be abrasive or anything like that. I'm fully aware that you're good at R6 and games generally too. A big part of why I enjoy multiplayer games is that I enjoy being good at them and doing well, and I've always enjoyed collecting snapshots and whatnot to demonstrate that. I don't ever mean to do that in a way that puts anyone else down or makes them feel unhappy about their experiences.

Oh, you're definitely cocky but you don't bother me. I enjoy having you carry me in R6, haha.

Valkrai

New patch on PC is out though no patch notes out yet, will update or make a new post with it.

The R6 subreddit can't ever be happy with anything. Think I hate it now lol

Valkrai

Hotfix notes are up
We have deployed a hotfix today to prepare for the Free Weekend.

We also included a fix for players who utilize Alt + F4 to close out of the game client. This had the unintended effect of creating “ghost sessions” which were essentially lobbies that were stuck in limbo, but also clogging up the matchmaking queue. This update will allow for those “ghost sessions” to be properly closed upon exiting from the match.

Additionally, today's hotfix resolved a bug that we identified with ranked matches not counting when leaving the game before the after-action report has been completed. Up until this point, players who had left the match during the after-action report had the match result provided to us as an abandon. Because of this, some players have been seemingly stuck at Copper 1 even though they have higher Win/Loss ratios. Abandons do not negatively impact your displayed Win/Loss ratio, but do have a negative impact on your rank.

Stoffinator

Does anybody else have a hard time finding people to play with on the PS4? It takes forever to find other players in match making to play a few rounds of Terrorist Hunt.

Oh, you're definitely cocky but you don't bother me. I enjoy having you carry me in R6, haha.

I don't think anyone carries you as you're very good at R6 too. I also haven't played with you enough.

Sometimes I've felt like Mike was carrying me, haha. I kind of wish I didn't get an 18 winstreak on Rainbow Six's ranked mode, as it gave me too much 'ladder anxiety'. My win rate is 18:0 and I have a habbit of telling people I won't play ranked because in many instances, I know the team composition isn't that good and I might take a loss.

I should just get over it and play.

J.G.

Neo Member
Should we be banking on late April or early May for Season 2 + major patch? I hope we're going to see a new game mode soon

I don't think anyone carries you as you're very good at R6 too. I also haven't played with you enough.

Sometimes I've felt like Mike was carrying me, haha. I kind of wish I didn't get an 18 winstreak on Rainbow Six's ranked mode, as it gave me too much 'ladder anxiety'. My win rate is 18:0 and I have a habbit of telling people I won't play ranked because in many instances, I know the team composition isn't that good and I might take a loss.

I should just get over it and play.

Mike does tend to carry people. Dumb Canadian.

I used to be Plat 2 and never climbed beyond. Now, I'm Plat 1. I won't touch Ranked for fear of losing. :/

andycapps

We need to have a scrubs night for people like me that are low ranked and have nothing to lose in trying to win ranked games. We also need someone to carry us. Though what I've found with that is that usually if you have one Diamond or Platinum teammate you get matched with multiple Platinums or Diamonds and it can be pretty rough on us scrubs.

Mike does tend to carry people. Dumb Canadian.

I used to be Plat 2 and never climbed beyond. Now, I'm Plat 1. I won't touch Ranked for fear of losing. :/

I'm plat 2 but personally I prefer having 18:0 on my score card than having plat 1.

They didn't do a very good job with the ranking system in this game. It really should only display your rank publically in my opinion. KDR and W/L aren't relevant statistics because if you were playing consistently at 'Plat 1' level for instance, then both KDR and W/L should stabilize as the game matches you against teams of equally high skill.

Theoretically in a perfect matchmaking system everyone's W/L and KDR should be 1, as they eventually stabilise and play within their skill boundaries until they get better (and then stabilize again in a higher boundary). In that regard, casual KDR (if casual MM wasn't skill-based) is more interesting as it regards your performance across the whole distribution of players rather than those of same skill. So if they wanted to display any statistics, those would make more sense in my opinion. Though I think I would prefer none, as you can view them all on the Ubi website anyway if you're that bothered, and detaching that side of things from the actual interface would help people lighten up and focus on the match at hand, rather than their statistics.

andycapps

I kind of wish they didn't have the ranking system displayed at all because then maybe we could all play ranked without people worrying about losing theirs.

I kind of wish they didn't have the ranking system displayed at all because then maybe we could all play ranked without people worrying about losing theirs.

It should display 'highest rank' and then your current rank should be on the leaderboards or something. Displaying highest rank would demonstrate you have the capacity to play at that level without revealing fluctuation with recent performance.

Then people could play ranked whenever. Because the highest rank is static and if your highest rank is not the max rank then you can only improve upon that.

Halo featured this, displaying highest true skill and current true skill. It helped prevent people from dwelling on dropping a rank or two.

andycapps

It should display 'highest rank' and then your current rank should be on the leaderboards or something. Displaying highest rank would demonstrate you have the capacity to play at that level without revealing fluctuation with recent performance.

Then people could play ranked whenever. Because the highest rank is static and if your highest rank is not the max rank then you can only improve upon that.

Halo featured this, displaying highest true skill and current true skill. It helped prevent people from dwelling on dropping a rank or two.
That could work.

patchday

The daily challenges are just a tad bit frustrating cause I got a new challenge that says something like "Go win 2 matches with LiveWire" (or whatever is the name of that dude that lays shock wires down on defense). I wasnt even playing to acquire him anytime soon. I almost got 1500 saved. I rather get Blitz which is in the same CTU

The daily challenges are just a tad bit frustrating cause I got a new challenge that says something like "Go win 2 matches with LiveWire" (or whatever is the name of that dude that lays shock wires down on defense). I wasnt even playing to acquire him anytime soon. I almost got 1500 saved. I rather get Blitz which is in the same CTU

Just skip it then?

The Chef

Welp, went from doing really well, getting 5+ kills per game....to being lucky to get one kill in an entire match. I went from being what i considered "good" to being worse than I was when I first got the game.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Played this for the first time today because Dave Lang said it was good and man was he right. I've not enjoyed a multiplayer shooter like this in years.

patchday

Yep this shooter is plain amazing. I knew from watching streamers play it- that it was completely different from CoD style run-and-gun. I love how you can recon with your drone to find enemies.

A felt bad for this newbie last night. He joins and was asking questions; trying to figure the game out. Anyway our team lost but- to make it worse he gets tea bagged by enemy team. Lol they dont even give you an option to click away from the replay either.

But I tried to lighten up the mood and told the newbie - "They are just trying to welcome you to the game" :)

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Odd question but would anyone be willing to boost a couple of the casual trophies with me on PS4

While I haven't been actively trying to get them per se I'd still like to get them sooner rather than later.

Msg me on psn or on here if you (or a handful of people) are interested I'd totally appreciate any assistance.

I can't imagine them showing Season 2 before releasing the second of four promised Season 1 DLC packs, so...news next week?

Then again, Ubi gonna Ubi.

patchday

So they make it so you can use your reknown points to buy the new DLC characters right?

I still got 2 defenders and 2 attackers I still need to unlock

moai

Is matchmaking broken on x1? Cant find games and people keep disconnecting when the teams start to fill up.

nOoblet16

We have a PS4 message group going if you want to be added. That's the best way to get a squad going.
Already in it and the community...I'm one of the originals who started playing when the game came out, then I went travelling for 2 months in Feb..hah

Edit: Unless you have a new message group, the one I am in has 20 people.

andycapps

Already in it and the community...I'm one of the originals who started playing when the game came out, then I went travelling for 2 months in Feb..hah

Edit: Unless you have a new message group, the one I am in has 20 people.
Gotcha, added you to this one. Has 66 members so I think it's different.

Top Bottom