• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Was happening to me and someone else the other day but it looks like a client thing because when I logged in the next day I had my Santa charm. So on the server it looks to be ticking off as it should. That's ps4 btw.

Yeah i noticed that, it just took awhile to process my progress and be reflected on the PS4. also i'm gonna punch the guy who decided that 30 melee or gadget kills for a charm was on okay thing to do, i only got 10 so far i'm totally gonna miss the rewards :(

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Got this game on Steam and got some Amazon credit from Xmas.

Can I buy a Steam gift card and use the wallet funds to buy R6 points?

Alienous

I'm a little confused with the the dlc or extra content as it is. If I download just the base game will I have access to everything or do I need to buy that 2-year gold pass?

Perhaps you found your answer, but if not, here it is (albeit verbose):

Most content in the game is unlockable by playing the base game. All gameplay influencing content is unlockable by playing the base game, theoretically*.

All maps are available to all players. All operators are available to all players, but Siege's Pass unlocks the DLC operators from the day they are released, and a week earlier than anyone else can unlock them.

*Operators, playable characters that have unique skills, are unlocked with an in-game currency earned by playing the game called renown. DLC Operators cost significantly more than other Operators. As I said earlier you can theoretically earn them all just by playing the game, but it's much more likely you'll earn the renown to unlock the sub-set of Opertators you expect you'll enjoy playing as the most, rather than unlocking them all.

lordxar

Yeah i noticed that, it just took awhile to process my progress and be reflected on the PS4. also i'm gonna punch the guy who decided that 30 melee or gadget kills for a charm was on okay thing to do, i only got 10 so far i'm totally gonna miss the rewards :(

The reward for 30 is kind of ass imo. I got it but last year's gun skin freebie was better than working for this one...

Volodja

oh shit, got a link? is it for steam?
You have to activate it on uplay anyway.

I don't even know if the season pass 1 is gonna work as it should, it doesn't really exist anymore as a digital purchase, been substituted by the year 1 8 operators bundle which has only the ops and not the cosmetics.

jon bones

I don't even know if the season pass 1 is gonna work as it should, it doesn't really exist anymore as a digital purchase, been substituted by the year 1 8 operators bundle which has only the ops and not the cosmetics.

Thanks - it worked great. 600 credits, all S1 operators and a ton of cosmetics. Good deal!

what is this called in the in-game store?

Alric

Perhaps you found your answer, but if not, here it is (albeit verbose):

Most content in the game is unlockable by playing the base game. All gameplay influencing content is unlockable by playing the base game, theoretically*.

All maps are available to all players. All operators are available to all players, but Siege's Pass unlocks the DLC operators from the day they are released, and a week earlier than anyone else can unlock them.

*Operators, playable characters that have unique skills, are unlocked with an in-game currency earned by playing the game called renown. DLC Operators cost significantly more than other Operators. As I said earlier you can theoretically earn them all just by playing the game, but it's much more likely you'll earn the renown to unlock the sub-set of Opertators you expect you'll enjoy playing as the most, rather than unlocking them all.

I mostly came to this conclusion yesterday but it's good to see someone confirm it for me, thanks.
Picked it up on PS4 so now playing through the Situations to learn the game a bit better before I try Multiplayer.

andycapps

thanks! just starting out and having a tough time

any other tips?
Understand how sound works in the game. Map knowledge, where objective is, who the other teams operators are and their capabilities, how to counter those operators with your own team's, etc. Learn the call outs and using them are also key.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Understand how sound works in the game. Map knowledge, where objective is, who the other teams operators are and their capabilities, how to counter those operators with your own team's, etc. Learn the call outs and using them are also key.
Additionally, the game has established locational nomenclature for every inch of each map. Whether on your drone, in a camera, on foot... you're always told where you are. This will help you with call outs and to learn the maps, if you pay attention.

There are hundreds of hours worth of tips videos online. Just keep in mind Rainbow constantly changes. So some strategic advice can be outdated. Look for newer stuff. Patch reviews, etc.

Okay guys. Time for debate of the year. Do you call it "rainbow" or "siege"? My group of friends and I call it siege, but a friend of a friend called it rainbow and I laughed at him because that sounds dumb. Maybe I'm the dumb one? What say you, gaf?

Evolved1

Okay guys. Time for debate of the year. Do you call it "rainbow" or "siege"? My group of friends and I call it siege, but a friend of a friend called it rainbow and I laughed at him because that sounds dumb. Maybe I'm the dumb one? What say you, gaf?
Well, I've been playing Rainbow Six for two decades.

It's Rainbow. Or it's Siege. Or whatever. It doesn't really matter.

But as far as sounding dumb... it was Rainbow before it was Siege.

My friends and I make it even dumber and call it SEEJ when typing it out.

Rainbow sounds weird to me...Rainbow Six sounds better than Rainbow.

Ferny

I call it Siege with my friends, but meh, it could be called Rainbow and I'd know what it is.

What's the deal with the Season 1 pass now?

My girlfriend's little bro just got the game for Christmas and I'm trying to buy him the season pass. I looked on the Xbox store and I see the Season 2 pass but nothing for Season 1.

On Ubis site I only see Season 2 pass and the Gold Edition of the game. Where the hell do I get it?

Most people I play with call it Siege but I know a few dudes who call it Rainbow which I like as well.

'Yo lets rainbow' is great.

LAM09

I call it Siege. Just has a better ring to it and commonly used.

jon bones

Additionally, the game has established locational nomenclature for every inch of each map. Whether on your drone, in a camera, on foot... you're always told where you are. This will help you with call outs and to learn the maps, if you pay attention.

There are hundreds of hours worth of tips videos online. Just keep in mind Rainbow constantly changes. So some strategic advice can be outdated. Look for newer stuff. Patch reviews, etc.

Thanks - the core gameplay is very compelling and it makes me want to stick with it, but the learning curve is steep.

Who are good beginner operators to learn the ropes with?

What's the deal with the Season 1 pass now?

My girlfriend's little bro just got the game for Christmas and I'm trying to buy him the season pass. I looked on the Xbox store and I see the Season 2 pass but nothing for Season 1.

On Ubis site I only see Season 2 pass and the Gold Edition of the game. Where the hell do I get it?

I've read conflicting reports...Ubisoft's page itself says that Season 1 pass is DOA...but someone in this thread bought the S1 pass on PS4 and activated it just fine.

Anyway: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016ATSCRM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

andycapps

Thanks - the core gameplay is very compelling and it makes me want to stick with it, but the learning curve is steep.

Headshots are definitely super important on every platform, but if you're on PC due to how quick the aiming is it's even more important to be getting headshots. So cursor placement is very important.

I would just watch good players when you're not able to play it. There's some people that stream occasionally in the pro league but a lot of them don't stream much because I don't think they want to give their strategies to the other pro teams. Lot of people like watching Serenity17. He's pretty good. His tips videos are good for beginners to watch.

5 tips for Siege

ExecCS is also really good. Macie Jay is good.

Volodja

Who are good beginner operators to learn the ropes with?
Rook on defense is probably the best because you can put your armor down wherever and you have already contributed. It helps that he is tanky and makes himself (and the team) tankier, also his weapon is pretty good.
Generally operators that can put their stuff down and forget it are a bit more expendable than others, but some of them rely heavily on map knowledge.
On offense I don't really know, if you want you can diceroll with Fuze (avoid doing it on Hostage until you are more experienced). Avoid shielders because they are actually pretty tricky to play effectively. I imagine Tatcher could be good as it's easy to be useful with his gadget if you pay attention to what's happening.

mf.luder

So I've thought about buying the season 2 pass but I have a ton of renown saved up.

How expensive were the additional operators for season 1? I don't know because I jumped in too late and bought the package with them already unlocked.

Anyone here on PS4? Finally got a mic/headset for Christmas, but the few causal games I've done, no one uses a mic

I have found that "you talk first" happens on PS4. If they have their mic muted, a headset/mic icon won't appear. Then you say, "what's up" or communicate something in game over voice chat and all of a sudden one or two people turn on their mic and participate. Casual multiplayer will have lower mic usage than ranked though. Same as on any platform.

LAM09

Anyone here on PS4? Finally got a mic/headset for Christmas, but the few causal games I've done, no one uses a mic

Mics are hardly use on PS4 from my expierence. Over 120 hrs played since release and I can count how many people I've encountered using mics on one hand.

Detox

I have found that "you talk first" happens on PS4. If they have their mic muted, a headset/mic icon won't appear. Then you say, "what's up" or communicate something in game over voice chat and all of a sudden one or two people turn on their mic and participate. Casual multiplayer will have lower mic usage than ranked though. Same as on any platform.
I've found PC to be the same. Just give greetings at the start maybe a couple of helpful callouts and people come out of their shell.

A communicating team makes the game so much more fun, you can coordinate tactics and don't need to drone every corner knowing somebody's got your back.

Evolved1

Mics are hardly use on PS4 from my expierence. Over 120 hrs played since release and I can count how many people I've encountered using mics on one hand.
This seems highly irregular, based on my own experience.

In fact, I find myself creating a party of one lately, just so I don't have to manually mute their mics all the time. Sometimes, I'd just rather not hear them.

Good mic users are more rare though... I can agree on that. But there has definitely been more than I can count on my fingers and toes. Maybe it's your region?

Top Bottom