• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

IQ's device should be mounted on her primary like a canted iron sight.

But Idk if even that would make her relevant.

My suggestion for IQ is three parts:
  • Canted gadget on primary.
  • Allow her to somehow mark electronics for teammates.
  • Stealth-buff via buffing other operators. Make her more relevant in the meta.

Again, even then Idk. I imagine IQ is probably tied for lowest pick rate in pro league with Tank, Mountain, and Glaz. At zero. (i dont know what the actual pick rates are)

Edit: actually canted mount might not even work because of the lean mechanics. So scratch that idea.

Buff Kapkan traps to be more (or totally) invisible. Reduce his traps to 2 if this proves too OP.

Buff C4 so that it doesn't make a constant beeping sound. This allows defenders to place them as traps more often, countering Montagne, but also allows IQ to see them.

Allow IQ to see defenders using their cameras, but reduce this range to something more balanced, like 5 m or 10 m.

Remove team drones from her gadget

Buff Valkyrie cams so that they are transparent when not in use, as opposed to black.

IQ simply sucks because her ability is underwhelming. At the end of the day, the ability is what makes the operator, not the guns, of which there are lots of good options to choose from with different operators who have the added bonus of having a great ability.

This game is so *near perfect* as far as viability goes for picking a number of operators.

Are they ever going to address Spawn killing? I hate that it's just becoming part of the game. Really dumb.

I've never found it to be a problem. Use your drone to scout out the obvious spots in prep phase, call it out to your team so they can prepare to peek them at the start of round or spawn somewhere else.

Spawn peekers on Kafe (Park Alley spawn point) is my favourite thing about that map. Always get an early kill from prefiring the defender that tries to run out.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Buff Kapkan traps to be more (or totally) invisible. Reduce his traps to 2 if this proves too OP.

Buff C4 so that it doesn't make a constant beeping sound. This allows defenders to place them as traps more often, countering Montagne, but also allows IQ to see them.

Allow IQ to see defenders using their cameras, but reduce this range to something more balanced, like 5 m or 10 m.

Buff Valkyrie cams so that they are transparent when not in use, as opposed to black.

These are all insane ideas - none of them should be implemented. You'd be making IQ mandatory and even then it wouldn't be enough to mitigate the imba train that would hit us.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Finished up the Situations, did some Terrorist Hunt, haven't done a regular match yet. Unlocked Fuze, IQ, Pulse, and Rook so far
Buy grips and optics for your operators' weapons straightaway.

Getting on top of recoil from the outset will help when you wade into pvp.

flkraven

Yeah it really it such a fresh multi-player experience. I wonder where they could take the sequel.

No where, hopefully. The last thing I want is a sequel. Just keep adding to this. IMO, this is the next Counter-Strike. Any 'sequel' should basically just be an engine bump.

Hawkie

Guys, am looking at jumping into this game on PS4. I appreciate I'm LTTP but would gold edition suffice at the moment? Any other advice much appreciated. Thanks.

Guys, am looking at jumping into this game on PS4. I appreciate I'm LTTP but would gold edition suffice at the moment? Any other advice much appreciated. Thanks.
Can't go wrong with the gold edition. It has the season pass and you don't have to grind to unlock the operators.

Can't go wrong with the gold edition. It has the season pass and you don't have to grind to unlock the operators.

Uh... you sure that pass is still valid?

I thought they updated it for S2?

edit: also looking for good teammates on PS4. PM me.

https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Faqs/000024700/Season-Pass-X1-PS4-PC-RSIX7

It seems to be expired.

Just wait for details on the "complete" edition which I believe has been rumored, or even confirmed, and will contain passes for both year 1 and 2 content + the game.

Hawkie

https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Faqs/000024700/Season-Pass-X1-PS4-PC-RSIX7

It seems to be expired.

Just wait for details on the "complete" edition which I believe has been rumored, or even confirmed, and will contain passes for both year 1 and 2 content + the game.

Had already pulled the trigger on a physical copy of the gold edition. Season pass for year 1 worked fine. Picked it up for £25 and had a look at the "complete edition" which is £70 - totally overpriced. Will pick up season pass 2 if needed. Cheers

Kalentan

2 questions.

1. Why does the game still allow for Ranked Pre-mades to go up against a full team of randos?

2. Does the hostage game mode not exist in ranked?

2 questions.

1. Why does the game still allow for Ranked Pre-mades to go up against a full team of randos?

2. Does the hostage game mode not exist in ranked?

1. Every competitive FPS has this problem

2. It does. Are you sure you didn't turn it off in matchmaking preferences?

1. Still dumb. I feel like it should only do that as a last resort.

2. I don't think so? I'll have to check next time I'm on.

It is definitely dumb and a problem that plagues most FPS online shooters.

You should leave it off anyway.......hostage is a bad mode for bad people.

OG Kush

Yeh I feel a lot of the time objective locations aren't designed well for hostage, such as the basement floors in any of the maps.

1. Every competitive FPS has this problem

Not true, Overwatch specifically prevents that kind of thing from happening. It will only match pre-mades against other pre-mades, even if a team is a 3-stack and 3 randos, it will try to match with another team that is a 3-stack and 3 randos. Of course you need a really healthy population for this to work effectively but a full pre-made vs randos should really never happen.

LAM09

Not true, Overwatch specifically prevents that kind of thing from happening. It will only match pre-mades against other pre-mades, even if a team is a 3-stack and 3 randos, it will try to match with another team that is a 3-stack and 3 randos. Of course you need a really healthy population for this to work effectively but a full pre-made vs randos should really never happen.

Not always, but close enough. Started facing 4-5 stacks against 3.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Thinking of finally jumping in due to the Steam sale and my rekindled love of FPS games.

Will it be super grindy? Any harm in holding off on season pass purchases til later?

Not always, but close enough. Started facing 4-5 stacks against 3.

^

andycapps

Thinking of finally jumping in due to the Steam sale and my rekindled love of FPS games.

Will it be super grindy? Any harm in holding off on season pass purchases til later?

Just watch the videos in the game and do the situations and that will give you enough points to unlock several operators. The season pass isn't very necessary unless you don't intend on playing it much. If you play it often you'll have plenty of points in no time.

jon bones

Just watch the videos in the game and do the situations and that will give you enough points to unlock several operators. The season pass isn't very necessary unless you don't intend on playing it much. If you play it often you'll have plenty of points in no time.

Thanks, that sounds great.

Follow up - I have an i7 6700k & 1070 but the game seems to feel sluggish.

I'm guessing part of it is coming straight from Titanfall 2 which has different gameplay but the FPS seems... low.

Any tips? I dropped settings but it still doesn't feel right.

Yeh I feel a lot of the time objective locations aren't designed well for hostage, such as the basement floors in any of the maps.

Gotta make a strong push man.

Operators like Montagne are fantastic for this now. Blitz will be if they fix him already.

and with Hibana and Thermite, its more possible than ever to push strong.

Detox

Thanks, that sounds great.

Follow up - I have an i7 6700k & 1070 but the game seems to feel sluggish.

I'm guessing part of it is coming straight from Titanfall 2 which has different gameplay but the FPS seems... low.

Any tips? I dropped settings but it still doesn't feel right.
You shouldn't have any problems running the game at a high framerate ~120fps. There's an in game frame counter check that.

It's more likely that coming from tf2 the controls feel different. Rainbow has a more weighty feel to movement and guns compared to the arcade style of tf2.

jon bones

You shouldn't have any problems running the game at a high framerate ~120fps. There's an in game frame counter check that.

It's more likely that coming from tf2 the controls feel different. Rainbow has a more weighty feel to movement and guns compared to the arcade style of tf2.

Thank you!

Oddly enough, I've had to drop to 4x AA & High/Very High settings to hit 60. At 8x I get drops to 40 fps :/

It is a very nice change of pace from Tf2 - both really have a place on my list.

Hmm so I havent played this game in about a week. Now when I play it, it makes my PC reboot (kinda like how it does when you CPU overheats) randomly during gameplay. I can play no longer than 5 minutes though before it does. It is the game because I ran dual Prime95 tests and maxed out Witcher 3 and Metro 2033 for an hour and no issues were had there. Any tips?

My temps are normal for my OC and havent changed in months. I dont get it.

Thank you!

Oddly enough, I've had to drop to 4x AA & High/Very High settings to hit 60. At 8x I get drops to 40 fps :/

It is a very nice change of pace from Tf2 - both really have a place on my list.

Hmm I think something might be off with your setup. You shouldn't be needing to lower stuff like that to hit 60.

jon bones

Hmm I think something might be off with your setup. You shouldn't be needing to lower stuff like that to hit 60.

Bizarre, I get 1080p/60/Ultra on most other games and they look better to boot.

Any ideas on where to look?

Maybe installing those Ultra textures did it...

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So are the christmas challenges bugged on PS4? because i have zero progress even though i have killed people with gadgets and melee, what the fuck ubisoft?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So are the christmas challenges bugged on PS4? because i have zero progress even though i have killed people with gadgets and melee, what the fuck ubisoft?
Did you activate them? They are Uplay challenges. You have to open Uplay and activate them.

LAM09

Yeah they are active. also it's weird i just checked my ubi account on PC and i have some progress recorded, on PC it says 5/10 while on PS4 it said zero, weird.

Was bugged a few months back on PS4. Lost out on a few German tags that I earned, but didn't track.

Dalibor68

Banned
Had to lol at this comic from the siege reddit:

t3_5k3ftm

Alric

I'm a little confused with the the dlc or extra content as it is. If I download just the base game will I have access to everything or do I need to buy that 2-year gold pass?

lordxar

Yeah they are active. also it's weird i just checked my ubi account on PC and i have some progress recorded, on PC it says 5/10 while on PS4 it said zero, weird.

Was happening to me and someone else the other day but it looks like a client thing because when I logged in the next day I had my Santa charm. So on the server it looks to be ticking off as it should. That's ps4 btw.

Top Bottom