• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Downloaded the demo weekend on PS4 last night,could not play anything,that was around 10 PM EST,not even Situations,it always says currently not available,check back later...and same thing this morning...? Is it because I dont have a team/other players or friends...? I thought situations could be played solo...?

You should be able to play all of it, there are no modes that require a group and situations are available offline. I know the servers went down for a little bit yesterday, but i think it was like 15mins though perhaps the same happened this morning and your timing was just unfortunate. Might be worth checking the forums.

So i haven't played this in months and remember very little. What's the best way to get back into it?

Just play some casual and have fun - pick operators you're most familiar with if you're feeling rusty.

Vic_Viper

How do I download the HD resolution pack lol? It just launches the game when I click download on Steam. Cant find it in game in the shop section, and I dont even see a DLC option on Uplay lol.

andycapps

Downloaded the demo weekend on PS4 last night,could not play anything,that was around 10 PM EST,not even Situations,it always says currently not available,check back later...and same thing this morning...? Is it because I dont have a team/other players or friends...? I thought situations could be played solo...?
PS4 servers were down earlier but I saw they restarted them.

If you're playing on PS4 hit me up PSN: jacob_armitage. I'm not great by any means though and play for fun instead of being too serious - if that gels with anyone i'd love to play with you.

Playing the free weekend now. Are the servers always fucking trash? I've had nothing but disconnects and party errors.

They are a little more problematic than the average game. Its only occasionally an issue, and even rarer a serious one. On the off chance servers do go down they normally give everyone boosters or an XP boost day.

This has at least been my experience with the two months spent with the game.

EDIT: Having said that matchmaking seems to be taking forever today, i know they'll be a huge influx of new players trying out - but its still a bit much.

Link?

Get on guys. Need a couple more players.

C31xG3kWIAEW5rH.jpg

I might be able to hop on in 15 minutes for about an hour. Let me know if you guys still have room.

Auctopus

I'm on now, let me know when you have a space.

Edit: please free me from my solo queue nightmare. It just loads up a full team then never finds an enemy team.

This game is very very very very goooood

Will pick it up now!!

Yeah, i grabbed it during the last sale being pretty apprehensive and i really fell in love with it. Its been an extremely long time since i've been so into a competitive shooter, probably not since CoD4.

if anyone is playing on PS4 shoot me an invite! jacob_armitage is my PSN

Gator86

its usually not that bad.... I think the free week end brought in too many people and servers are having trouble

Yeah, I rented this a while after release and remember it being relatively solid. A friend and I were considering buying it during this sale, but the connection issues shot that down. Hopefully they get it working smoothly again soon.

andycapps

Yeah, I rented this a while after release and remember it being relatively solid. A friend and I were considering buying it during this sale, but the connection issues shot that down. Hopefully they get it working smoothly again soon.

There are 55k users playing on Steam right now, but a lot of people on PC didn't buy through Steam, so I'm assuming the numbers are at least double that. But the average for January was 20k on Steam. So yeah, I'm sure their servers are hammered if it's more than double the normal population.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
3D models being there is kinda... tacky. Anyone complaining about stuttery menus is crazy if they think adding more taxing detail to the screen is going to fix that.

EL CUCO

Tried the demo, liked it so I jumped on the $25 sale on PSN. This scratches a competitive itch I've been feeling for a while.

Can't play T-hunt tho. Too much screen tearing for my eyes to handle.

Rocketz

Game crashed twice on me tonight. Just going to wait it out until the free weekend is over.

Maybe Tuesday will bring some fixes.

yeah right. I'm waiting for what is going to break next.

Top Bottom