• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

the servers certainly have their problem, but it's never been as bad as they've been in the last 48 hours... which was his question.

thanks for your "alternative facts" input tho.

Which is why I worded it as such. I didn't say they were always this bad. I said they were always bad. Don't get your feelings hurt tho.

TheKeyPit

Banned
They should have thought this through. It's awful on PS4 right now. Can't finish anything.
Seriously, more players should lead to faster matchmaking.

Everyone taking a look at this game via the free weekend will think that's the standard server crap happening.

fr0st

Banned
i wonder if a ban per team in rank can work?

like nominate an operator to be banned for the rest of the game

1 ban per team

or is that too much and can be easily exploited?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
After nearly 900 hours in the xb1 version this weekend i'm playing the pc and the ps4 version for the first time. I have to say i love the pc version for the text chat and the comunity looks more "healthy" than the console version. From the ps4 version i'm having a lot of troubles because the controller sucks for me compared to the xbox one elite that i'm using.

I recorded some footage from the streams i did yersterday in the pc and ps4:

PS4

PC PART1

PC PART2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full day 2

Changes to the menu,to the matchmaking process,loot packs in game...

rssuf5srjwdy.png

gcf0qp4iqvdy.jpg

https://fat.gfycat.com/UnfinishedDelayedBagworm.webm

Mira

c3xq5sjgpvdy.png

https://zippy.gfycat.com/InbornFondBluefintuna.webm

k4Sgl8I.jpg

Look the helmet

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5s21hg/fuze_gets_uniforms_in_the_new_season/

5dhg6juh90ey.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5s25kg/new_sp_exlusive_uniforms/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5s16t5/we_made_to_6th_on_steam_more_players_more_servers/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5s2817/will_all_ops_get_new_headgear_with_icons/

Auctopus

Watched the Year 2 video. Don't mind the loot packs too much, it'll mean an increase in wacky headgear but as I've said before, if you want to wear bright yellow headgear that essentially says "shoot me" on it, I'm not going to stop you.

Glad they said that matchmaking will get a remodel but how successful that will be, who knows? At least the menu looks snappier and can be used at the same time.

The "remodelling" of old characters is interesting too. I wonder if they've got a decent art director on board who's going to bring all the operators under one style, that'd be pretty cool.

As someone who hates loot boxes loot packs sound horrible to me. I guess there's a reason for the cosmetic items to have tiers now. I have to wonder if this was their plan for the game all along. Still I guess packs make it easier to get more items that are 35k each.

Watched the Year 2 video. Don't mind the loot packs too much, it'll mean an increase in wacky headgear but as I've said before, if you want to wear bright yellow headgear that essentially says "shoot me" on it, I'm not going to stop you.

Glad they said that matchmaking will get a remodel but how successful that will be, who knows? At least the menu looks snappier and can be used at the same time.

The "remodeling" of old characters is interesting too. I wonder if they've got a decent art director on board who's going to bring all the operators under one style, that'd be pretty cool.

I do think the new ops fared much better in the transition from key art to in-game model than some of the previous ones (such as Valkyrie, BB's face etc). They look a bit more cohesive overall, so I'm cautiously optimistic of remodeling/tweaks they'll do.

Matchmaking/lighting changes are what I need to know the concrete details on. Those two are long-standing issues that need to be addressed.

Edit: Call me hopelessly optimistic, I'm excited for all the server, matchmaking and hitreg changes they talked about on the panel.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who hates loot boxes loot packs sound horrible to me. I guess there's a reason for the cosmetic items to have tiers now. I have to wonder if this was their plan for the game all along. Still I guess packs make it easier to get more items that are 35k each.

Personally i'm not bothered, it's just a nice thing to have and while i'm sure they will sell packs i don't think it will impact the game too much. Also I'm convinced all of these updates is paving the way for the game to go F2P at some point in the future, if you think about it this game already shares certain F2P conventions; the switch would not be drastic.

andycapps

Woo, they'e planning to move more stuff to server side. Lets see how it goes and when exactly.
Item destruction can be wonky so if they can move all that to server side that would be great. Hoping someone has a clip of them talking about the improvements so I can watch later.

Hit registration improvements would also be nice.

fantomena

Got a problem. For some reason I have very long loading time during the operator screen when everyone has choosen their operator. It's first time it has happened, hasn't happened before.

JCH!

Guys, can I get banned for using RivaTuner to overlay my FPS?

I just got a popup saying that BattleEye had blocked it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Personally i'm not bothered, it's just a nice thing to have and while i'm sure they will sell packs i don't think it will impact the game too much. Also I'm convinced all of these updates is paving the way for the game to go F2P at some point in the future, if you think about it this game already shares certain F2P conventions; the switch would not be drastic.
Only bought via renown. You cannot use R6 credits for packs. As per Epi on reddit.

That mirror eject makes it too OP.

It means that you can never not look at the black mirror as an attacker.

Presumably, you can hear the gas canister explode.

Both of these guys sound OP...so I guess it balances out?

Caveira being able to avoid Jackal sounds good. There doesn't seem to be a real counter to Mira and Twitch doesn't sound good enough.

However, you can Hibana her.

Problem is, this makes Hibana much more important than Thermite. You will never be able to plant a charge with Mira around.

Will be great to see Tachanka get some utility too. I think this should all be fine as attackers have some great options in Jackal, Hibana, Montagne, Fuze, etc.

My only issue is that these new operators sound like absolute must haves. Mira is so damm game changing

I don't think Mira is must have but I do think she'll be great on certain defense points. There are a couple of really popular spots that I have a hard time imagining a location where the Mira ability would be useful. And there are some that seem to be a mixed bag and I really would have to see it in person.

Like any garage reinforcement is a bit iffy by Mira. One attacker holding the angle could backfire on the defenders pretty easily.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Massive fucking Lord Tachanka buff. Massive. He can now hold back a goddamn army. If he's using a window in a reinforced wall.

andycapps

Guys, can I get banned for using RivaTuner to overlay my FPS?

I just got a popup saying that BattleEye had blocked it.
You don't need that. Best thing is to hit shift-F2 to bring up Uplay. In settings there's an option to show your live ping and fps in bottom left corner. That's the way to go, IMO.

Alienous

[...]

My only issue is that these new operators sound like absolute must haves. Mira is so damm game changing

Yeah. I think Jackal is a good idea for a roamer punisher, but Mira seems like a gamechanger. That's got to slow an attacker approach by a ton, Just throw them up and have attackers attention get drawn by a mirror that could pop at any time. So many new sight-lines to deal with.

MAX PAYMENT

What are your opinions on using electrified barbed wire for drone/doorway defense?

If it's effective it would allow for mute to hit up the reinforced walls.

Alienous

It seems to take a second for the glass to be ejected so there will be a sound cue from breaking the can and time to react.

I'm thinking about it more as a distraction.

An attacker can't afford to look away from the mirror for more than a few seconds at a time. They have to be super cautious, unsure if they are being watched (unlike seeing an active camera).

A defender can drop the glass and command the attacker's attention at any time. They don't even need to shoot through, if they shoot the gas canister and back away the attacker has no choice but to look - it seems like the ultimate on-demand flanking tool.

After watching the gameplay, they both seem well balanced.

They've always done a great job balancing the game, Blackbeard withstanding.

Mira:

-Can be countered by Twitch, Hibana, Thermite.
-Very risky breaking the window, and defenders have to do it at the right time
-She also counters Hibana, as Hibana's introduction made opening walls very easy (hatches + Thermite = very hard for defenders)

Jackal

-You know when he's scanning you and when he sees you
-Not in real time, so you have time to counter it or run. Generally, this favours defenders since an attacker who rushes is making a risky move

Now that the game is moving away from P2P for everything, smoke grenades should be useful finally.

Now the first year one pass is unavailable do you just get the first 8 operators free?

I read some complaints that the year two pass doesn't include this stuff so I guess not.

How is the grind at the moment? In the other shooters I play I enjoy being able to swap class when I get bored so I'm a little concerned the grind for operators will reduce how much I play the game.

edit. "post-launch operators can be unlocked with 25000 renown" wow....

Purdy

Probably asked a million times but is it just worth buying the fully complete edition or standard for now and wait for next sale for others if I like it?

Now the first year one pass is unavailable do you just get the first 8 operators free?

I read some complaints that the year two pass doesn't include this stuff so I guess not.

How is the grind at the moment? In the other shooters I play I enjoy being able to swap class when I get bored so I'm a little concerned the grind for operators will reduce how much I play the game.

There is the year 1 operators bundle that's $20 - the season pass was 40 but came with a few extras like skins and the VIP stuff. To unlock all the base game operators takes very little time, i wouldn't at all say its a grind as you'll constantly be unlocking new characters to play as. They cost 500-2000 each and you earn about 150 to 250 renown per match before any potential bonuses (special event, booster, teammate booster etc.).

The year 1 operators cost 25K renown each if you don't want to pay the $20 to unlock them, that will be quite grindy if you go that way. Given that the maps are free and we're dividing a player base i think its more than fair. Do we know if the year 2 operators will be the same, or higher?

edit. "post-launch operators can be unlocked with 25000 renown" wow....

That cost was pretty fair it seems if you played from launch, it was really easy to save that amount up before each character launched. For new people entering the game its far more of a steep hill for unlocking.

I've only been playing since December and have earned probably around 100K renown - though i tend to spend it on skins, haha.

Server down again? A total embarrassment.

I imagine the free weekend was a lot more popular than they'd planned.

Ubi needs to fix the bug where everyone gets stuck at a loading screen if there's a D/C while loading. Its fucking ridiculous.

From the live stream they've discussed a complete overhaul to matchmaking. The changes sound really positive, hopefully they're implemented smoothly.

Top Bottom