• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

The year 1 operators cost 25K renown each if you don't want to pay the $20 to unlock them, that will be quite grindy if you go that way. Do we know if the year 2 operators will be the same, or higher?
It puts me in this uncomfortable position where I wonder if I'm better off just paying more to get them cheaper. I shouldn't have to do such complex math. They should have really rolled in year one stuff into the standard edition when year two launched. Would make life so much simpler for everyone.

16 new operators * 25,000 renown. Looking at 400,000... or just give uncle Ubisoft $45.

Yup. I've left the game sitting 15 minutes and couldn't get in a game. This weekend bombed the server's.

Yep, it's pathetic. Sad!

Hopefully not too many are put off and we see a strong influx of new players.

I hope everyone is put off by it. They need to feel the heat about it. If we keep letting it go they'll never adust. That's been the case for the past year.

Not if Alpine can help it!

Exactly.

It puts me in this uncomfortable position where I wonder if I'm better off just paying more to get them cheaper. I shouldn't have to do such complex math. They should have really rolled in year one stuff into the standard edition when year two launched. Would make life so much simpler for everyone.

16 new operators * 25,000 renown. Looking at 400,000... or just give uncle Ubisoft $45.

I haven't yet picked up the year 1 operators, i wanted to see if i felt the game was worth spending more on and it really has been. I will be grabbing 'em for $20 next week or so.

I'd say pick the base game up, play for awhile and if you want to spend another $20 to get some more characters like i will. You can also save your renown for the new characters as they come out to not have to worry about the year 2 pass - though it does come with a few extras.

I hope everyone is put off by it. They need to feel the heat about it. If we keep letting it go they'll never adust. That's been the case for the past year.

So the player base dying off and them lessening support for a great game, despite a few minor hiccups, is the path you'd choose?. We already know they'll overhauling matchmaking - lets see how that plays out. (i'm just being overly dramatic to match your tone)

vsMIC

as i understood, the new ops (love 'em) and new map will arrive feb 7th for sp holders? i guess the patch will also contain rebalancing changes like nades for iq? when are patch notes usually available?

thx

So the player base dying off and them lessening support for a great game, despite a few minor hiccups, is the path you'd choose?. We already know they'll overhauling matchmaking - lets see how that plays out. (i'm just being overly dramatic to match your tone)

One could argue that they'll effectively kill off the player base with their trash servers. You're new to the game, right? I've been playing it since day one. That's not to say my opinion is more valid than yours. It's to say that the servers have sucked since launch. You know what else they say they overhaul every now and again? The hit detection. You know what still sucks? You guessed it, the hit detection. They say plenty and do less.

andycapps

as i understood, the new ops (love 'em) and new map will arrive feb 7th for sp holders? i guess the patch will also contain rebalancing changes like nades for iq? when are patch notes usually available?

thx

Yeah new ops and map will be out Tuesday for SP owners. Patch notes I'm assuming tomorrow?

OG Kush

After watching the pro league, I was quite surprised that Blackbeard had such a high pickrate still after the nerf he got last patch.

Really enjoyed the invitational today. I was indifferent to who won but the console guys showed a lot of respect to each other which was nice... then in the PC final after Era won the first map the fat guy (I don't know his name sorry) jumped up and was shouting over to Continuum and being very antagonistic and over the top.

Thankfully they lost in the end which makes him look like a fool; but after he did that I went from being indifferent to desperately hoping they lost.

Great stream though

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought the Rainbow Six Siege - Year 2 Gold Edition for PC on steam for 30 bucks even though my PC is a potato, oh well time to upgrade my PC.

andycapps

After watching the pro league, I was quite surprised that Blackbeard had such a high pickrate still after the nerf he got last patch.
He's situational. Good at holding angles in windows. He saves you from being headshot, and he's good in the right hands. I am not good with him though.

I always thought that the complaints about Blackbeard nerfs, especially on the subreddit were way too overblown. The operators innate ability is just too damn good the higher up the skill ladder you go.

I wish they would just rework him. Facing a good Blackbeard player as a roamer is just the worst.

OG Kush

I always thought that the complaints about Blackbeard nerfs, especially on the subreddit were way too overblown. The operators innate ability is just too damn good the higher up the skill ladder you go.

I wish they would just rework him. Facing a good Blackbeard player as a roamer is just the worst.
Yeah it's really become clear to me that higher up the skill ladder you go how the meta changes. Ranked is still very different to how pros play. Take for example Castle, I hardly ever see him in ranked but saw him picked quite a few times at the invitational. Tbf though I only solo play and at platinum 3, so I dnt really experience of the operators who really shine when in play with a fully coordinated team.

Fury451

Banned

Despite the hyperbole about his patch (And I was guilty of this too), he's far from being broken or anything. You're just forced to play him a lot more carefully now, which was presumably the intention all along anyway. I still think his shield is now broken a little bit too easily, but they didn't destroy his usefulness, only mandate a change in tactics to use him effectively.

Honestly if he didn't have such a low round clip, he would be even more devastating regardless of what else they nerfed.

andycapps

Yeah it's really become clear to me that higher up the skill ladder you go how the meta changes. Ranked is still very different to how pros play. Take for example Castle, I hardly ever see him in ranked but saw him picked quite a few times at the invitational. Tbf though I only solo play and at platinum 3, so I dnt really experience of the operators who really shine when in play with a fully coordinated team.
Yeah ranked is a lot different than how they even play. Most them play scrimmages with each other for real practice and just goof off in ranked.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Blackbeard's shield is like glass. I always receive a headshot right away when I play him. Ridiculous.

+I'm glad that the free weekend is finally over. Matchmaking was horrible.

Kard8p3

Good and growing.

dac15_fantastic.gif
TY, installing now.

Alienous

Blackbeard is as balanced now as the flawed concept would allow, I'd argue. Whenever that shield shatters you need to see it as an extra life you were gifted, and having two extra lives is a heck of an operator ability.

andycapps

Competitive gaming is where they're looking at this continuing to go, I think. As such you're not going to see a constant stream of updates, they have to be at set intervals so that pro league teams can practice and plan with the game in it's current state.

I wonder if there will come a time when they stop releasing updates for consoles due to PC being their main focus as they said yesterday in the stream. Though I'm not sure if that specifically in regards to pro league or what.

Podge293

Finally got back to playing this game (the free weekend flashing on the dash helped).

Team killers just suck especially if they're a pair.

Is there anything you can do about it or is it a case of report and hope for the best?

Had three games in a row with 2 or more of the team shooting the other guys and then the vote to kick doesn't work cuz you need a full vote to get them gone which doesn't happen cuz they're usually a pair.

thenexus6

I just bought the year 2 pass and the only operators I didn't have were BOPE and they are still locked? It says I still have to pay for them I guess because they were in season one. Oh well. I had like 70k saved up anyway which I won't have to use on S2 operators now.

essemdub

Could someone shoot me a PM for the GAF Discord? The team of friends I play with is gonna struggle to find time as three out of the five of us changed shifts and we're all on different schedules. Cannot wait for Velvet Shell to drop.

I just bought the year 2 pass and the only operators I didn't have were BOPE and I they are still locked? It says I still have to pay for them I guess because they were in season one. Oh well. I had like 70k saved up anyway which I won't have to use on S2 operators now.

Yah I think you need to buy the "Year One Operator Pack" for BOPE.

But what about our good friends, Acehole & tpainxx69? :(

Also -

cI0y0HSl.jpg

Yeah, they were the best. Truly salt of the earth types. My favorite part is when they were so kind as to talk about my daughter's naughty bits(I don't have a daughter). Oh you rascals!

I understand this reference to my life and am now saddened. Thanks.

I haven't been able to connect to the servers in over a day now so everything is totally locked. The game is quite literally unplayable.

Thursday and Friday was fine but Saturday and up until last night I was only able to play terrorist hunt with people.

If anyone thinks this is usually how matchmaking works, don't worry since it was just the free weekend that everyone was on it.

One of the things I really like about this game is even if I'm on fire, a low level rookie can still out me in my place.
Some days I have 7+ kills after a game and other days I have 0 kills for the day.
Also this game is so much better when the whole team has a mic even if they're strangers.

Also Ping everything, it really helps. It's almost the equivalent to spotting in BF1.

Patiently waiting for those patch notes...

Haven't heard anything about lighting changes so I want to see if those are still in or if Ubi decided to drop them entirely.

OG Kush

I wonder if there will come a time when they stop releasing updates for consoles due to PC being their main focus as they said yesterday in the stream. Though I'm not sure if that specifically in regards to pro league or what.

Would bet money that's not going to happen. They still have big and healthy populations on both consoles, and seem to be only growing. They also still have leagues on both consoles, just not the main pro league. Would not make any business sense.

Auctopus

Just spent an hour absolutely cleaning up on casual. Like 7+ kills each match, clutching most rounds.

So, I'll be suitably useless if we play some matches tonight.

Arttemis

Is it worth it to buy the "Complete Edition" with both season passes for $65 or should I get the base game for $25 and wait for sales of the season passes?

I don't even see the first season pass for sale on PSN. Is the Complete Edition the only way to get that content now?

Ferny

Is it worth it to buy the "Complete Edition" with both season passes for $65 or should I get the base game for $25 and wait for sales of the season passes?

I don't even see the first season pass for sale on PSN. Is the Complete Edition the only way to get that content now?

The first season pass pretty much never went on sale. If you are interested in the game plus the season pass as well as get the first set of Ops without spending renown, $65 isn't a bad price at all.

You can get the Ops from the first season in a $20 on the store in game.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I bought the game on Steam, but if I wanted to - I could still buy the season passes on uPlay with the 20% codes you spend 100 uBucks on. Right?

Top Bottom