• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMEN UNITED: The Official NeoGAF FIFA 11 Club (360)

k0ji-wd

AdWvD.jpg

Club is up, check your EA mail for invites

Hey guys, new season, new club!

To preface, we had a pretty small group of guys who played Clubs together and it was an absolute blast, and for a lot of us, the best part of the FIFA 10 experience. For those of you that haven't tried it, I suggest joining us for some games and enjoy what I think is the best Co-op experience you can have. The feeling of teamwork and accomplishment is second to none, and hopefully this years experience will be even better.

So list your username, GT, and preferred position below and we'll get this going! Some notes:

Please don't join if you don't have an actual desire to play, or be an active member of the club. We're not forcing anyone to play 20 games a week, but we also don't want anyone who plays 2 games and is done with it.

Don't be too worried about your position, those will be rotated depending on however many we have online and is more of a reference than anything.

Please ensure you have a proper Gameface. I'll be making highlight videos throughout the 'season' so no default player faces please (and no Zac Efron Gamefaces either). We want to see us in the videos!

Will update this thread with pics, video, and stats as we get the season going.

With that out of the way:

RAMEN UNITED CLUB MEMBERS:

k0ji-wd
GT: tse88
Preferred positions: ST / CAM

GT: PEPEJJ
Preferred positions: CF/RW

GT: Tf53
Preferred position: RM/LM/ST

GT: DJ Demon J
Preferred position: ST, CAM, RM/LM, anything in the front half of the field.

GT: The Visualizer
Preferred positions: GK/LB / RB / any Midfield position

Gamertag: I am Moe Joe
Positions: LB, CB, RB and Defensive Midfield.

GT: jmcel
Preferred Positions: ST, LW, LM

striKeVillain!
GT: StriKeVillain
Preferred positions: CAM / DCM

GT: Green I Man
Preferred positions: CM/CAM/ST

AstroLad
GT: AstroLad
Preferred positions: LW / LCM

GT: shoplift3r
Preferred positions: DMF/CB/FB/GK

GT: AndresON777
Preferred positions: Mid / Forward / PlayaHater

GT:sneaky77
Position: CM/LW/RW

GT: younghov72
Preferred positions: CM,LAM,CAM,RAM

GT: Starfleets
Preferred positions: CAM, CM and Winger

GT: magicked
Preferred positions: CM

GT: manutdscot
Preferred Positions: RW, CF

GT: Chris Kenobi UK
Preferred Positions: CM (Def Center)

GT: Cornballer
Position: CM and CDM, though I can slot in elsewhere if need be

2zibq11.jpg

Ramen United Match Week One Brought To You By 'Anelka Burger'

11k9jic.jpg

'For that Unmistakable Douche Taste'

Get your afro, pink gloves, and green boots ready, because finally, a new season is about to begin!

So in the next day or two most of us should have the game. And with the weekend conveniently coming up, I thought it'd be appropriate to setup our first club 'match week'.

Here's how it's going to work. Once I get the game tomorrow morning, I will create the club and send invites to everybody signed up through the in-game messaging system, so don't check your XBL messages, but your 'EA Mail' by going into 'My Player Hub' in 'My FIFA Online.' I'll post to let everybody know when it's up.

I've scheduled 3 match days at the most convenient times for both the US and European based players on the weekend, but it's still impossible to mix US, European, and Asian timezones together, but hopefully it means everybody can make time to play. We'll also have a few days to work on our Virtual Pros before the first match day.

I'm going to assign captains for both US and Euro regions so that if I'm not around, the captains can start club matches themselves.

If you've signed up for the club, please try to make it to at least one for the match days. If you fail to show up, unless you're a GAF-FIFA veteran (but that's not an excuse! :lol ) you're out of the club.

So with that out of the way, here are the times (I'll be on Friday during the day anyway playing about.):

Match Day One:
US EST GMT+4 7:00PM Friday, 1st October
UK BST GMT+1 12:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
Australia EST GMT+10 9:00AM Saturday, 2nd October

Match Day Two:
US EST GMT+4 5:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
UK BST GMT+1 10:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
Australia EST GMT+10 7:00PM Saturday, 2nd October

Match Day Three:
US EST GMT+4 9:00PM Saturday, 2nd October
UK BST GMT+1 2:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
Australia EST GMT+10 11:00AM Sunday, 3rd October

CURRENT LINEUPS:
2pzfv3t.jpg

Tf53

I'm game, although I don't know how often I'll be around for clubs.

GT: Tf53
Preferred position: RM/LM/ST

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I was going to buy this on pc but i too have a 360, a club team is the only thing that would swing it for me (i literally never use the 360 nowadays). So how active is the neogaf clubs team in previous years? If its very active ill sign up :D if not ill sort of give it a pass because the pc is so convenient.

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Count me in, although am I allowed to create a new pro for FIFA 11? Plus should I be touching the creation zone atm??

k0ji-wd

Mr Cola said:
I was going to buy this on pc but i too have a 360, a club team is the only thing that would swing it for me (i literally never use the 360 nowadays). So how active is the neogaf clubs team in previous years? If its very active ill sign up :D if not ill sort of give it a pass because the pc is so convenient.

Well, we had a few really into the mode, and there was a long period of time that we were playing everyday. Hopefully this year it'll be even better.

Nightz said:
Complete soccer noobs allowed?

Course, just don't suck TOO bad. . .:D

`Moe Joe. said:
Count me in, although am I allowed to create a new pro for FIFA 11? Plus should I be touching the creation zone atm??

Yeah dude, if you import one from FIFA 10, it'll only maintain your physical attributes, your stats will reset to a default.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
k0ji-wd said:
Well, we had a few really into the mode, and there was a long period of time that we were playing everyday. Hopefully this year it'll be even better.

Yeah dude, if you import one from FIFA 10, it'll only maintain your physical attributes, your stats will reset to a default.
Mighty tempting, i may give it a week or two and see how many stick around, its not just fifa i have to buy its new gold subscription + a new wireless dongle :D so its a big investment. Having said that i fucking loved the mode in 09 when i had a regular team of 6 playing, best coop experience ive had to this day, so IF there seems to be a sustained number of players ill hop on for sure :].

`Moe Joe.

Banned
k0ji-wd said:

Sweet as.

Well I'm down, but I cant log into to my old easportsworld account (even after resetting the pass)...and for some reason the stupidly designed site won't let me link my gamertag to a new easports world account. shits fucked lol

k0ji-wd

`Moe Joe. said:
Sweet as.

Well I'm down, but I cant log into to my old easportsworld account (even after resetting the pass)...and for some reason the stupidly designed site won't let me link my gamertag to a new easports world account. shits fucked lol

Yeah, if it's already linked to another account you'll need to contact EA directly, apparently that can take up to three months. . .

been playing around with the GK in practice mode on the demo and I seem to be doing pretty well, I'd be interested in playing GK too if you could add that to my list of preferred positions that I already listed

k0ji-wd

TheVisualizer said:
been playing around with the GK in practice mode on the demo and I seem to be doing pretty well, I'd be interested in playing GK too if you could add that to my list of preferred positions that I already listed

Awesome, can never have enough GKS!

Added everyone to the list

AndresON777

shooting blanks
damn bro i thought we were doing a league with like 1 vs 1! i can't play real soccer just video game soccer!

but if so i'd like to be a striker, maybe i can be midfield like valderrama i like slanging those nice passes.

Mr Cola

Have they made any improvements to online clubs this year? Anything notable at least?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AndresON777 said:
damn bro i thought we were doing a league with like 1 vs 1! i can't play real soccer just video game soccer!

but if so i'd like to be a striker, maybe i can be midfield like valderrama i like slanging those nice passes.

Yup yup I am a league man myself. Hopefully we can do both.

k0ji-wd

AndresON777 said:

And that stop and turn move you love to do! :lol

Mr Cola said:
Have they made any improvements to online clubs this year? Anything notable at least?

Yeah dude, clubs can play in cup competitions and leagues for trophies, you can also play 'practise matches' against the CPU (who'll be an ever changing World XI on Legendary difficulty). Set formations and positions before the game, better lobby system and obviously one can play as the GK.

EA Pro Clubs Blog

Also a ton of changes for your actual Virtual Pro:

EA Virtual Pro Blog

sneaky77

yeah, hopefully we have a league going, where is woodchuck hiding lately. I am all for clubs, but where are QVT and Cornballer

Tf53

sneaky77 said:
yeah, hopefully we have a league going, where is woodchuck hiding lately. I am all for clubs, but where are QVT and Cornballer
Woodchuck is on suicide watch with the 'boys 0-2 and all.

Mr Cola

k0ji-wd said:
And that stop and turn move you love to do! :lol

Yeah dude, clubs can play in cup competitions and leagues for trophies, you can also play 'practise matches' against the CPU (who'll be an ever changing World XI on Legendary difficulty). Set formations and positions before the game, better lobby system and obviously one can play as the GK.

EA Pro Clubs Blog

Also a ton of changes for your actual Virtual Pro:

EA Virtual Pro Blog
Do you have to create a virtual pro? I havent played this mode since 09 where you just picked a team and took their players :eek:

smoothj

I'm sooooo in

Gamer Tag: smo0th J

position: RW, GK, CM, DCM

really though I'll play whatever's open as long as I can help the team win.

k0ji-wd

Mr Cola said:
Do you have to create a virtual pro? I havent played this mode since 09 where you just picked a team and took their players :eek:

Yeah, pretty much the whole point of the mode, really.

r3d panda said:
I'm sooooo in

Gamer Tag: smo0th J

position: RW, GK, CM, DCM

really though I'll play whatever's open as long as I can help the team win.

Nice.

Added everyone that I don't have on my FL.

ijm72

I'm in and I would also be interested if you guys are doing a league.

GT: younghov72
Preferred positions: CM,LAM,CAM,RAM but I would be willing to play pretty much anywhere.

k0ji-wd

TheVisualizer said:
I'm in the EST timezone.

k0ji are you gonna make a FOF gamertag for the team?

Friends of Friends GT? I think I know why I should make one but you should tell me anyway :lol

k0ji-wd said:
Friends of Friends GT? I think I know why I should make one but you should tell me anyway :lol

It's an easy and quick way to keep track of who's online rather than needing to browse thru ur personal friends list. Makes organizing club games less of a hassle for us in NHL11 since EA's roster page isnt very useful for telling you what your teammates are doing ingame except that they are connected to the EA servers. Not many of my friends pay attention or even know about the ingame messaging function and inbox that EA thinks you should use to message players. I imagine with the larger team sizes in soccer you could use all the help you can get getting everyone on the same page to practice/play a game.

Excellent, dabbled in this mode last year, looking forward to playing with some competent fellas.

My knowledge of the game far surpasses my skills in FIFA, but I'll do my best :D

GT: meeeeeeoooooow (6 e's, 6 o's)
Preferred positions: LB / RB / Midfield
Timezone: PST

depward

Played some club games last season with another club (though, not a ton). Very much interested in playing for Ramen United!

Like my brother meeeeeeoooooow, my knowledge of soccer far surpasses my FIFA skills :lol

GT: raaaaaawwwwwwr (six a's and six w's)
Preferred positions - either RM or LM, CM and defense.

k0ji-wd

sneaky77 said:
hey K0ji, you gonna set the club on the game and send invites thru live?

I'll setup the club and send the invites through the in game messaging system. If it's like FIFA 10, can't invite through XBL.

Going to setup some club days for this weekend. Will post details soon!

Magicked

GT: magicked
Best Positions: Definitely CM. I'm more of a deep-lying playmaker type.

I'll play anywhere though. Should be fun! :D

shoplifter

Planning to be on tonight - this weekend will be iffy (kids and all!) but I'm planning on being available most evenings after 9pm eastern or so.

Magicked

k0ji-wd said:
You're never online anymore though :(

This is true. I just don't have as much time to dedicate to video games these days (trying to finish my MS thesis). I can still play with you guys if you need an extra hand though. I also expect to play a good bit in the near future since it is a new release and all. :D

Magicked

shoplifter said:
Planning to be on tonight - this weekend will be iffy (kids and all!) but I'm planning on being available most evenings after 9pm eastern or so.

I can swing this without a problem. If we schedule times to get on an play club matches, I can definitely block out some time and get online.

Top Bottom